Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The legitimacy of May’s administration. 10:49 - Mar 13 with 3672 viewsLohengrin

I’m sat here this morning finding myself wondering after yet another resounding defeat where it has left to turn and how much longer it will be able, indeed permitted, to stagger on?

I

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 14:46 - Jan 3 with 579 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 09:41 - Mar 14 by controversial_jack

Exactly. Privatisation hasn't exactly been a roaring success.I wouldn't cost anything to nationalise, just allow the current franchises to expire and then nationalise.Profits would stay in the country as well and the taxpayer would benefit.If that's radical left wing thinking then this country really is in a bad way

One small example water is amongst Labour's nationalisation plans. Thames Water alone has a Market Cap of around £14 Billion.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 10:51 - Mar 13 with 1624 viewsunion_jack

Longer than it should because in a GE scenario there is no credible option and I firmly believe the country would see it that way as well.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 10:54 - Mar 13 with 1612 viewslonglostjack

Until the third meaningful vote on her deal at 10pm on Thursday 28th March?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 11:05 - Mar 13 with 1592 viewsHighjack

If she was a horse she would have been turned into glue years ago and marketed under the name Pratt stick.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 11:41 - Mar 13 with 1546 viewswestwalesed

This is the British constitution at work.

Because we are about one of the only countries in the world to not have a written constitution, things can be made up on the hoof. We have conventions but not rules as to when a Government is legitimate or otherwise.

Personally I prefer that - it allows Governments to adapt to changing circumstances but in this case it is allowing her to stagger on. The prospect of a Corbyn Government is too terrifying (for Tories) to risk triggering a GE. Say there was a moderate Labour leader such as Liz Kendall - I've no doubt we would have got to a GE ages ago.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 11:48 - Mar 13 with 1532 viewsexiledclaseboy

By any traditional metric bearing in mind the UK constitution has been built on centuries of tradition and precedent, this government and PM ceased to be legitimate when it lost the first “meaningful vote” in December. It’s squatting in power. Some would consider it to be a bloodless coup.

Poll: Tory leader

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 11:49 - Mar 13 with 1525 viewsLeonWasGod

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 11:05 - Mar 13 by Highjack

If she was a horse she would have been turned into glue years ago and marketed under the name Pratt stick.

She'd probably make useless glue too.
The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 15:30 - Mar 13 with 1395 viewsHighjack

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 11:49 - Mar 13 by LeonWasGod

She'd probably make useless glue too.

I don’t know. She seems to leave a sticky mess everywhere she goes.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 16:49 - Mar 13 with 1323 viewsPegojack

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 11:41 - Mar 13 by westwalesed

Because we are about one of the only countries in the world to not have a written constitution, things can be made up on the hoof. We have conventions but not rules as to when a Government is legitimate or otherwise.

Personally I prefer that - it allows Governments to adapt to changing circumstances but in this case it is allowing her to stagger on. The prospect of a Corbyn Government is too terrifying (for Tories) to risk triggering a GE. Say there was a moderate Labour leader such as Liz Kendall - I've no doubt we would have got to a GE ages ago.

This is the profound tragedy of the current situation, and my heart bleeds for the old country.

You have the worst Tory administration in living memory, incompetent, cynical, devious and extreme in equal measure, determined to take the country over the cliff edge.

Whether it's fate or not I don't know, but at exactly the same moment, Labour has been taken over by the militant Left and has somehow contrived to assemble for itself an equally imcompetent and uninspiring bunch of leaders who the majority of the country recognise for what they are - third rate career politicians with no ability and less personality.

Oh for a Labour leader of the quality of the late, lamented John Smith again.
The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 17:18 - Mar 13 with 1295 viewscontroversial_jack

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 16:49 - Mar 13 by Pegojack

This is the profound tragedy of the current situation, and my heart bleeds for the old country.

You have the worst Tory administration in living memory, incompetent, cynical, devious and extreme in equal measure, determined to take the country over the cliff edge.

Whether it's fate or not I don't know, but at exactly the same moment, Labour has been taken over by the militant Left and has somehow contrived to assemble for itself an equally imcompetent and uninspiring bunch of leaders who the majority of the country recognise for what they are - third rate career politicians with no ability and less personality.

Could you explain how Labour has been overtaken by the militant left, could you give some examples please?
The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 17:28 - Mar 13 with 1283 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 17:18 - Mar 13 by controversial_jack

Could you explain how Labour has been overtaken by the militant left, could you give some examples please?

Try to keep up chap.

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 17:59 - Mar 13 with 1235 viewsWarwickHunt

Oh for fûck’s sake - have you been in a coma?
The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 18:05 - Mar 13 with 1229 viewsWarwickHunt

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 10:54 - Mar 13 by longlostjack

Until the third meaningful vote on her deal at 10pm on Thursday 28th March?

Bercow will rule out a repeat vote on the same motion.
The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 18:08 - Mar 13 with 1221 viewsDarran

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 17:59 - Mar 13 by WarwickHunt

It’s astonishing isn’t it!
You should see them on Twitter,grown men wañking themselves stupid over the likes of Owen Jones and Paul Mason.
It’s unbelievable it really is.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 18:22 - Mar 13 with 1201 viewsWarwickHunt

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 18:08 - Mar 13 by Darran

It’s astonishing isn’t it!
You should see them on Twitter,grown men wañking themselves stupid over the likes of Owen Jones and Paul Mason.
It’s unbelievable it really is.

Yep - and they’ll all be squealing when the Tories inevitably get re-elected.

Pitiful.
The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 18:30 - Mar 13 with 1180 viewsGowerjack

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 11:41 - Mar 13 by westwalesed

Good post other than there is absolutely no chance of the Poundshop Gandalf winning a GE.

Without doubt the worst opposition this Country has ever had and at a time when it has needed the most.

Criminal.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 18:32 - Mar 13 with 1178 viewsGowerjack

You've not been paying attention again...

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 18:42 - Mar 13 with 1159 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 17:59 - Mar 13 by WarwickHunt

I think I was a tad too polite suggesting he try to keep up.

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 19:02 - Mar 13 with 1135 viewsFlashberryjack

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 18:22 - Mar 13 by WarwickHunt

Yep - and they’ll all be squealing when the Tories inevitably get re-elected.

Pitiful.

You never know with Corbyn...if he can bring down the voting age to 16, then tell them that if Labour are elected all Justin Bieber concerts will be free.

You never know, he's done similar before, and f*cked up May and the Tory majority, not as thick as he looks is our Jeremy.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 19:05 - Mar 13 with 1130 viewsGreatBritton

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 16:49 - Mar 13 by Pegojack

Pretty much exactly what I would have said if I'd been quicker off the mark, and not fannying around with Cheltenham bets while UK burns
The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 19:26 - Mar 13 with 1094 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Fack my eyes

Incredible

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 19:27 - Mar 13 with 1092 viewsLeonWasGod

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 15:30 - Mar 13 by Highjack

I don’t know. She seems to leave a sticky mess everywhere she goes.

You haven’t been watching those videos of her again have you? 🤔
The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 19:32 - Mar 13 with 1087 viewsPozuelosSideys

Shes worked herself into the martyr position. Tbf, no other cnt would do the job. Its lose, lose, lose, lose no matter what she does. Unworkable.

Doesnt help hersel fmind

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 19:45 - Mar 13 with 1058 viewsLuther27

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 19:32 - Mar 13 by PozuelosSideys

Shes worked herself into the martyr position. Tbf, no other cnt would do the job. Its lose, lose, lose, lose no matter what she does. Unworkable.

Doesnt help hersel fmind

No one wants the job...not one worm in that house wants it in case it tarnishes their career....and that's what this is all about....themselves....fck Joe Public, fck the country and fck anything that may sway away from personal self interest.
The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 19:56 - Mar 13 with 1048 viewsZaxx

The legitimacy of May’s administration. on 19:45 - Mar 13 by Luther27

No one wants the job...not one worm in that house wants it in case it tarnishes their career....and that's what this is all about....themselves....fck Joe Public, fck the country and fck anything that may sway away from personal self interest.

I totally agree.
I've seen no evidence to the contrary whatsoever.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024