Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 22:03 - Mar 13 with 5872 viewsvalleyboy

Please don’t tell me this the way to play football

As the commentator said “Lovely to watch but no end product”

I will say “It’s worst than watching paint dry”

That was an absolute terrible performance other than for say 20 minutes of the game

Wouldn’t be surprised if Potter threw is hat in or sacked even

If I was taking a vacancy worksise, and I found out it was totally different in what I had been told the work was to be. My notice would have been submitted soon after
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 11:19 - Mar 14 with 1375 viewspencoedjack

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 11:15 - Mar 14 by valleyboy

Let’s get this myth of saying that Swansea are a young side, out of the discussion once and for all

There were 2 games last night

One being Norwich v Hull

The other being WBA vSwansea

The average age of the players playing for Norwich last night was 24.9 years of age

The average age of the Swansea players last night was 25.6 years of age

So this saying by many posters on here that Swansea City are a young inexperience side is a load of bull shit

It isn’t that the likes of James, Roberts, Rodon, Celina, McKay and Asoro have come from League one or even League Two.

But 3 had been together in a very successful Swansea under 23 side.

And the other three had been playing some games in the Championship, with Celina playing regularly for Ipswich last season

In the Norwich side that beat Hull last night there were 1- 22 years old, 2-21 years old and 1 was only 19 years old

Against in the Swansea side last night there were 2- 21 year old, 1-22 year old and 3 -23 year old

Yes there was one that was 34 year old

Another a 30 year old

And another that’s 31 yeraold

Remembering as well that there 5 players playing for Swansea last night that played in the Premier League last season

Yes some more than others, but nevertheless less played in that league

What a sad c unt

Get a life fella
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 11:47 - Mar 14 with 1345 viewsvalleyboy

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 10:51 - Mar 14 by vetchonian

Yes but where were they this time last season?
This is their second season playing together and working with the same manager
We have a new manager and new squad, this "team" is in its first season of playing together altough some have worked together in the U23 set up .

IF,IF the nucleus of this team can be kept and in that I include Dan James next season could be a different prospect....we would still need in my opinion a goal scorer to help out Ollie,a midfield general to replace Fer who I think we are really missing I am sure if he was fit and playing we may have seen different outcomes to the Norwich and WBA games...also if Ollie was fit too!

We have to accept we are in a state of flux.....as well as being in a "state"

What really Pi$$es me off is the so called fans who are so quick to slate performances like last night ,not appreciating the bigger picture. Me I am frustrated that we are no longer winning as a matter of course as we got used too under Roberto et al but the football we have played at times this season is far better than most of what we saw over the last two seasons in the PL whilst still losing!

Maybe people have forgotten but we won lots of matches under Kenny Jackett , got to tow "Wembley" finals under him and lost out on promotion to penalties BUT there was a "dislike" to his style of football and the performances despite us winning games.

We are not in this position becasue of the Yanks.We are here becasue of HJ who many on here still laud....yes he was part of the reason for our success but as I have stated before lots of it was down to luck.....check out his form and "pattern"
First mamnager club captain Nick Cusack....failed then tried and tested manager Brian Flynn who was saked due to fall off in performances curt asked to pick up the pieces.
Jackett sacked to make way for another club captain...who worked beacuse he brought a good right hand man and brought in Kevin Reeves as scout who had helped Flynn scout players for us such as Roberto,Tate Leon .Then came Sousa and we know the rest

The previous board mismanaged the club and "took" from it HJ in extortionate salary given he was a "fan" Martin Morgan took via his construction companay building the trsining facilties.Yes they saved us from the brink but more than "made from it ".They offloaded the club to the first available buyer with no thought of its future....and by "devious " means.
I am no fan of the Yanks but appreciate they are "business " men and as such are now trying to restructure the finances...unfortuneatly the only real assets are the promising players such as Dan who can be realised for some cash....the expensive burdens such as the Ayews have no such appeal and prospect of releasing funds. They wil not have the same view of "balance" that a fan or football person would have at running the club.This is going to result in a few more unpleasant changes for us fans...but hey "its the next level"

What this club needs now is a united fan base and one whihc will get behind the team and the manager....and maybe the Trust too...they are not the ones who sold out,they have made mistakes but seem to have recgnised that....and I am no Trust Lacky I was originally against the original deal as I believed we we better at the table.....since I thnk we need the legal fight to reailse some funds for the day the roof falls in !
The "dodgy deal" was not all down to the sell outs....the Yanks were cute enough to buy the voting rights whilst allowing the sell outs to retain a "worthless " set of vanity shares ensuring the Trust had nochance of further influence in the club.

But back to the football, we need to remember we are a work in progress with several of last nights team playing their first full season at this level,a manager critisced on here for tactics and I will say he has bewidered me at time in the past with his selections but off late he has seemed to be picking a "settled " side availability allowing....we are creating soring chances but fail at the back also letting silly goals in....thats not always down to tactics!

You mentioned Dan James as the only real asset

Have you forgotten that McBurnie is playing for the Swans who I think could be an even bigger asset that James

The problem will be that Swansea will be desparste to sell players in the summer, but the big problem is that every club in the country will know what finacial position Swansea is in

So the transfer fees will be low as they were in last summers sale

You can forget this team playing together next season, as at least 3 of them will be gone and that doesn’t include the likes of Dyer and Routledge as they have already been told they can go

I would say to expect more of the present under 23 side to be the bulk of the players for next season

For a lot of posters on here. It hasn’t dawned on them yet what the pending appointment of Birch will mean to Swansea City. As without a doubt he’s been brought in to get rid of the black hole in the finances, with all that goes with that
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 15:10 - Mar 14 with 1275 viewsLeonWasGod

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 11:15 - Mar 14 by valleyboy

Let’s get this myth of saying that Swansea are a young side, out of the discussion once and for all

There were 2 games last night

One being Norwich v Hull

The other being WBA vSwansea

The average age of the players playing for Norwich last night was 24.9 years of age

The average age of the Swansea players last night was 25.6 years of age

So this saying by many posters on here that Swansea City are a young inexperience side is a load of bull shit

It isn’t that the likes of James, Roberts, Rodon, Celina, McKay and Asoro have come from League one or even League Two.

But 3 had been together in a very successful Swansea under 23 side.

And the other three had been playing some games in the Championship, with Celina playing regularly for Ipswich last season

In the Norwich side that beat Hull last night there were 1- 22 years old, 2-21 years old and 1 was only 19 years old

Against in the Swansea side last night there were 2- 21 year old, 1-22 year old and 3 -23 year old

Yes there was one that was 34 year old

Another a 30 year old

And another that’s 31 yeraold

Remembering as well that there 5 players playing for Swansea last night that played in the Premier League last season

Yes some more than others, but nevertheless less played in that league

A midfield of Grimes, Byers and Celina is inexperienced in anyone's book. Our spine is full of inexperience except the keeper and VDH. WBA had old heads running through their spine (Blunt probably with more appearances than 3/4 of our team combined), so do Norwich. Besides, age is only part of the issue. Our team is also relatively inexperienced as a group - West Brom kept the core of their side together, Norwich have been building for a year longer (they were no better than us last season - finished 14th). All these things need to be looked at in the wider context.
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 15:19 - Mar 14 with 1267 viewswaynekerr55

"Its worst than watching paint dry"

So you're saying it is the worse performance ever?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 15:46 - Mar 14 with 1221 viewsGroo

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 10:08 - Mar 14 by valleyboy

Just look at the ages and experience of the Norwich team

And where are they

Top of the League

Funny you should mention Norwich. One of their fans after the game wrote that he fancied Swansea for promotion next year as we looked just like them last year, loads of possession but unable to take their chances.

What he perhaps doesn’t realize, is we will be weaker next year.

Groo does what Groo does best

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 16:10 - Mar 14 with 1187 viewsLuther27

In my view we are missing a clinical centre forward...but then again every team in every division would bite your hand off for one. If you look at how many chances we created in the last two games....and if we had someone like Dwight Gail for arguments sake then we would be in a much better situation.
Having said that our defence including the keeper last night appeared dreadful. I mean fkn dreadful.
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 16:30 - Mar 14 with 1160 viewsTreforys_Jack

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 10:51 - Mar 14 by vetchonian

Yes but where were they this time last season?
This is their second season playing together and working with the same manager
We have a new manager and new squad, this "team" is in its first season of playing together altough some have worked together in the U23 set up .

IF,IF the nucleus of this team can be kept and in that I include Dan James next season could be a different prospect....we would still need in my opinion a goal scorer to help out Ollie,a midfield general to replace Fer who I think we are really missing I am sure if he was fit and playing we may have seen different outcomes to the Norwich and WBA games...also if Ollie was fit too!

We have to accept we are in a state of flux.....as well as being in a "state"

What really Pi$$es me off is the so called fans who are so quick to slate performances like last night ,not appreciating the bigger picture. Me I am frustrated that we are no longer winning as a matter of course as we got used too under Roberto et al but the football we have played at times this season is far better than most of what we saw over the last two seasons in the PL whilst still losing!

Maybe people have forgotten but we won lots of matches under Kenny Jackett , got to tow "Wembley" finals under him and lost out on promotion to penalties BUT there was a "dislike" to his style of football and the performances despite us winning games.

We are not in this position becasue of the Yanks.We are here becasue of HJ who many on here still laud....yes he was part of the reason for our success but as I have stated before lots of it was down to luck.....check out his form and "pattern"
First mamnager club captain Nick Cusack....failed then tried and tested manager Brian Flynn who was saked due to fall off in performances curt asked to pick up the pieces.
Jackett sacked to make way for another club captain...who worked beacuse he brought a good right hand man and brought in Kevin Reeves as scout who had helped Flynn scout players for us such as Roberto,Tate Leon .Then came Sousa and we know the rest

The previous board mismanaged the club and "took" from it HJ in extortionate salary given he was a "fan" Martin Morgan took via his construction companay building the trsining facilties.Yes they saved us from the brink but more than "made from it ".They offloaded the club to the first available buyer with no thought of its future....and by "devious " means.
I am no fan of the Yanks but appreciate they are "business " men and as such are now trying to restructure the finances...unfortuneatly the only real assets are the promising players such as Dan who can be realised for some cash....the expensive burdens such as the Ayews have no such appeal and prospect of releasing funds. They wil not have the same view of "balance" that a fan or football person would have at running the club.This is going to result in a few more unpleasant changes for us fans...but hey "its the next level"

What this club needs now is a united fan base and one whihc will get behind the team and the manager....and maybe the Trust too...they are not the ones who sold out,they have made mistakes but seem to have recgnised that....and I am no Trust Lacky I was originally against the original deal as I believed we we better at the table.....since I thnk we need the legal fight to reailse some funds for the day the roof falls in !
The "dodgy deal" was not all down to the sell outs....the Yanks were cute enough to buy the voting rights whilst allowing the sell outs to retain a "worthless " set of vanity shares ensuring the Trust had nochance of further influence in the club.

But back to the football, we need to remember we are a work in progress with several of last nights team playing their first full season at this level,a manager critisced on here for tactics and I will say he has bewidered me at time in the past with his selections but off late he has seemed to be picking a "settled " side availability allowing....we are creating soring chances but fail at the back also letting silly goals in....thats not always down to tactics!

Great post , exactly how I feel and I don't have to type it all out now.
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 17:40 - Mar 14 with 1102 viewsjasper_T

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 16:10 - Mar 14 by Luther27

In my view we are missing a clinical centre forward...but then again every team in every division would bite your hand off for one. If you look at how many chances we created in the last two games....and if we had someone like Dwight Gail for arguments sake then we would be in a much better situation.
Having said that our defence including the keeper last night appeared dreadful. I mean fkn dreadful.

Did we create many chances against Norwich?
Login to get fewer ads

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 17:58 - Mar 14 with 1083 viewsvalleyboy

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 15:46 - Mar 14 by Groo

Funny you should mention Norwich. One of their fans after the game wrote that he fancied Swansea for promotion next year as we looked just like them last year, loads of possession but unable to take their chances.

What he perhaps doesn’t realize, is we will be weaker next year.

If the debt is as bad as what has been rumoured and the sale of season tickets are a fraction of what they were this time last season.

Then the only way to get the debt down is to sell your assets

Of the players that played last night and as we know already that Dyer and Routledge have told they can go

You can expect all of the ones on the bigger salaries in Swanse will go as well

That means the likes of Naughton and Van der Hoorn and Olsson will be gone

None of the players just mention will bring much money into coffers and in fact Swansea might have to pay something to get rid of Routledge

Out of the remaining players that played last night there’s only two that will bring any decent money in and that is James and McBurnie and possibly Robertsto some extent

Those last three are the ones that will help and only help to bring this black hoe in the finances down. So II expect them to go as well

So out of the 11 player that started last nighs game, iI expect 9 will go as I can’t see Vickers-Carter coming back on loan next season

I wouldn’t be surprised that Potter will go as well, that is, if another club, persuades him to join their club and Swansea can have some compensation for him

What I see for next season, is the bulk of the squad will be made up from this years under 23’s with even young Toshack managing the side

You never know, Toshack could even do a better job than Potter with his father advising him

Onto another subject

Do your remember saying on another forum. How Jenkins was doing an excellent job running Swansea and that the old Directors would never sell the club as they were truly Swansea supporters and wouldn’t do such a thing
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 18:00 - Mar 14 with 1079 viewsLuther27

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 17:40 - Mar 14 by jasper_T

I thought so...especially the first half.
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 18:09 - Mar 14 with 1068 viewsLuther27

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 17:40 - Mar 14 by jasper_T

Match Stats
NOR SWA
Possession
48%
52%
Shots (on Goal)

8 (1)
12 (5)
NOR SWA
13 Fouls 15
1 Yellow Cards 1
0 Red Cards 0
2 Offsides 2
7 Corner Kicks 8
5 Saves 0
Form
Best I can do sorry.
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 18:27 - Mar 14 with 1053 viewsjasper_T

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 18:09 - Mar 14 by Luther27

Match Stats
NOR SWA
Possession
48%
52%
Shots (on Goal)

8 (1)
12 (5)
NOR SWA
13 Fouls 15
1 Yellow Cards 1
0 Red Cards 0
2 Offsides 2
7 Corner Kicks 8
5 Saves 0
Form
Best I can do sorry.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/highlights-norwich-1-swans-0

A few long shots, a few tame ones. Pressure but few chances.
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 19:01 - Mar 14 with 1020 viewsLuther27

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 18:27 - Mar 14 by jasper_T

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/highlights-norwich-1-swans-0

A few long shots, a few tame ones. Pressure but few chances.

I counted 5 saves. My argument stands I think. A decent striker against Norwich and WBA would have got us something.
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 19:25 - Mar 14 with 991 viewsjasper_T

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 19:01 - Mar 14 by Luther27

I counted 5 saves. My argument stands I think. A decent striker against Norwich and WBA would have got us something.

How would a striker have made the difference when most of those 5 saves were shots from outside the area or wide from DJ? You can't just count all saves as identical chances, that's nonsense.

We opened up West Brom repeatedly. Norwich were merely pinned back but for a few rare moments (they got in behind more often than we did). Very different games, even if the result was the same (0 points for Potter).
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 19:26 - Mar 14 with 984 viewsTailGunner

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 17:58 - Mar 14 by valleyboy

If the debt is as bad as what has been rumoured and the sale of season tickets are a fraction of what they were this time last season.

Then the only way to get the debt down is to sell your assets

Of the players that played last night and as we know already that Dyer and Routledge have told they can go

You can expect all of the ones on the bigger salaries in Swanse will go as well

That means the likes of Naughton and Van der Hoorn and Olsson will be gone

None of the players just mention will bring much money into coffers and in fact Swansea might have to pay something to get rid of Routledge

Out of the remaining players that played last night there’s only two that will bring any decent money in and that is James and McBurnie and possibly Robertsto some extent

Those last three are the ones that will help and only help to bring this black hoe in the finances down. So II expect them to go as well

So out of the 11 player that started last nighs game, iI expect 9 will go as I can’t see Vickers-Carter coming back on loan next season

I wouldn’t be surprised that Potter will go as well, that is, if another club, persuades him to join their club and Swansea can have some compensation for him

What I see for next season, is the bulk of the squad will be made up from this years under 23’s with even young Toshack managing the side

You never know, Toshack could even do a better job than Potter with his father advising him

Onto another subject

Do your remember saying on another forum. How Jenkins was doing an excellent job running Swansea and that the old Directors would never sell the club as they were truly Swansea supporters and wouldn’t do such a thing

You slag us off for buying tickets and 'putting cash in yanks pockets'

Then in next breath, you claim season ticket sales for next year are a fraction of previous year & will lead to more player sales.

Comedy gold.
The world's 'worstst' troll
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 19:28 - Mar 14 with 984 viewsLuther27

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 19:25 - Mar 14 by jasper_T

How would a striker have made the difference when most of those 5 saves were shots from outside the area or wide from DJ? You can't just count all saves as identical chances, that's nonsense.

We opened up West Brom repeatedly. Norwich were merely pinned back but for a few rare moments (they got in behind more often than we did). Very different games, even if the result was the same (0 points for Potter).

A half decent striker would have kept his head during the Norwich game and would have maybe put away two against WBA. All hypothetical I agree but I've lost count the number of chances we've failed to bury this season.
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 20:10 - Mar 14 with 943 viewsbuilthjack

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 19:28 - Mar 14 by Luther27

A half decent striker would have kept his head during the Norwich game and would have maybe put away two against WBA. All hypothetical I agree but I've lost count the number of chances we've failed to bury this season.

Not just against those two teams. A decent striker all season would see us possibly top 8

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 20:20 - Mar 14 with 925 viewsOldjack

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 20:10 - Mar 14 by builthjack

Not just against those two teams. A decent striker all season would see us possibly top 8

this was the season to do it ,we've been playing some wonderful stuff at times but no finishing .More asset stripping in the summer and we'll soon be in league one, the yanks are clueless

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 20:42 - Mar 14 with 895 viewsdickythorpe

Some are trying so hard to paper over the cracks.

WE DO NOT SEEM TO LEARN FROM THE MISTAKES WE MAKE!!!!

TO HELL WITH THE EASY "LACK OF INVESTMENT" EXCUSE.

MANY OTHER TEAMS THAT HAVE BEATEN US COULD BLEAT ON ABOUT THAT.

Serious questions need to be asked about training and attitude to improve.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 20:43]
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 20:45 - Mar 14 with 893 viewsvalleyboy

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 19:26 - Mar 14 by TailGunner

You slag us off for buying tickets and 'putting cash in yanks pockets'

Then in next breath, you claim season ticket sales for next year are a fraction of previous year & will lead to more player sales.

Comedy gold.
The world's 'worstst' troll

Perhaps all of a sudden, Swansea Supporters are coming to their senses and not buying season tickets especially for next season just to watch the marjority of players coming from this season under 23’

Most of the Swansea supporters I have spoken are saying there’s no need to buy season tickets early, as they are expecting to drop down quite considerably even from this season

Why do you think that Birch will probably be brought in to sort out the black hole in the finances

Surely you are not dull enough to think, that next seeason there will be money to spend on player to push for promotion, are you
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 20:48 - Mar 14 with 890 viewsvalleyboy

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 20:10 - Mar 14 by builthjack

Another that has his head in the clouds

You never know

Swansea might find this money tree

The same one that Labour are looking for
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 21:09 - Mar 14 with 871 viewsTailGunner

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 20:45 - Mar 14 by valleyboy

Perhaps all of a sudden, Swansea Supporters are coming to their senses and not buying season tickets especially for next season just to watch the marjority of players coming from this season under 23’

Most of the Swansea supporters I have spoken are saying there’s no need to buy season tickets early, as they are expecting to drop down quite considerably even from this season

Why do you think that Birch will probably be brought in to sort out the black hole in the finances

Surely you are not dull enough to think, that next seeason there will be money to spend on player to push for promotion, are you

Never even commented on Birch so no idea what you are going on about.
Try again.
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 21:17 - Mar 14 with 862 viewsLuther27

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 20:48 - Mar 14 by valleyboy

You never know

Read the thread....we were discussing IF we had a dedicated centre forward...not about buying one...borrowing one etc. The discussion was on how many extra points we may have had.
As for Labour...there's enough political threads on this site...this thread isn't one of them.
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 21:43 - Mar 14 with 835 viewsbuilthjack

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 20:48 - Mar 14 by valleyboy

You never know

How's Aberdare?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 21:52 - Mar 14 with 828 viewsvalleyboy

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 21:17 - Mar 14 by Luther27

Read the thread....we were discussing IF we had a dedicated centre forward...not about buying one...borrowing one etc. The discussion was on how many extra points we may have had.
As for Labour...there's enough political threads on this site...this thread isn't one of them.

This thread was nothing to do with strikers or how many extra points Swansea would have had if they had a decent striker

Perhaps it’s you that needs to read the topic of the thread
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024