Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday 11:17 - Mar 14 with 8840 viewswaynekerr55

Talk about timing, hey...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 08:33 - Mar 19 with 1665 viewsWarwickHunt

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 13:41 - Mar 17 by controversial_jack

Where's Warwick and his dictionary when we need him. It's knob, not nob!

Correct.
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 10:47 - Mar 19 with 1626 viewsKilkennyjack

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 07:07 - Mar 19 by Slugster664

PoWs, yeah good one 😂

Not so good for the soldier who shot civilians then, if you are quite sure its not a war ...then he is just another murderer. If found guilty by the jury of coure.

Beware of the Risen People

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 13:09 - Mar 19 with 1598 viewsSlugster664

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 10:47 - Mar 19 by Kilkennyjack

Not so good for the soldier who shot civilians then, if you are quite sure its not a war ...then he is just another murderer. If found guilty by the jury of coure.

Course it wasn't a war, the ira cowards hid behind women and children...purposefully murdered women and children...even hid their faces, that's not what a soldier of war does, is it?

STID

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 20:43 - Mar 19 with 1529 viewsKilkennyjack

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 13:09 - Mar 19 by Slugster664

Course it wasn't a war, the ira cowards hid behind women and children...purposefully murdered women and children...even hid their faces, that's not what a soldier of war does, is it?

Certainly not.

What did you make of the BBC’s Ballymurphy Massacre programne ?
Not a good look for professional soldiers, shooting unarmed civilians - apparently... ?
Cowardly - yes.

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 21:49 - Mar 19 with 1506 viewsSlugster664

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 20:43 - Mar 19 by Kilkennyjack

Certainly not.

What did you make of the BBC’s Ballymurphy Massacre programne ?
Not a good look for professional soldiers, shooting unarmed civilians - apparently... ?
Cowardly - yes.

Not seen it.

Like you say, shooting armed civilians, 'apparently'. I would also back them up by stating that when in certain situations a British soldier would undoubtedly make a mistake under pressure, only human after all.

But the cowardly catholic ira 'soldiers' planned the murders of the innocent men, women and children in advance, not a mistake, under no pressure, and like I said, planned. Cowardly - absolutely 100% 👍

STID

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 22:22 - Mar 19 with 1485 viewsKilkennyjack

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 21:49 - Mar 19 by Slugster664

Not seen it.

Like you say, shooting armed civilians, 'apparently'. I would also back them up by stating that when in certain situations a British soldier would undoubtedly make a mistake under pressure, only human after all.

But the cowardly catholic ira 'soldiers' planned the murders of the innocent men, women and children in advance, not a mistake, under no pressure, and like I said, planned. Cowardly - absolutely 100% 👍

Whats your view on the alledged collusion between agents of the British state and protestant paramilitary groups - who then carried out planned cold blooded murders.
Cowardly ?
Maybe prompt a reaction ?

Here is a link for you ...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/

'We’re not talking about a security policy, we’re talking about a murder policy'

‘The murder of Sunday World reporter Martin O’Hagan in 2001 and two massacres, at Sean Graham bookmaker’s in 1992 where five people died, and the killings of nine Protestant men returning from work in Kingsmill village in 1976, are among the cases where state and paramilitary collusion is alleged to have been covered up’.

Do yourself a favour and watch the BBC Ballymurphy Massacre, it does not strike me that the BBC would make it up, but there is a live court case.

Its hard to believe.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 22:23]

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 15:51 - Mar 21 with 1354 viewsDafyddHuw

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 08:33 - Mar 15 by Lohengrin

There are still a few old boys who flew active missions have a pint down the RAFA Club, they must be wondering if they can expect a knock on the door from traitors in suits a lifetime after Hamburg.

So shooting down unarmed protestors is OK?
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:03 - Mar 21 with 1348 viewsLohengrin

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 15:51 - Mar 21 by DafyddHuw

So shooting down unarmed protestors is OK?

No, I don’t think anybody has so much as suggested it is.

I’ve got a pretty good handle on events that culminated in the 30th January. I can reel them off but what neither you nor I can know is what it ‘felt’ like in uniform on the ground that day. How we would have reacted to coming under small arms fire, in the grip of adrenaline with eyes wide and the roaring in our ears.

You don’t know how you would have reacted, don’t kid yourself otherwise.

[Post edited 21 Mar 2019 16:05]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:18 - Mar 21 with 1333 viewscockneyswan

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:03 - Mar 21 by Lohengrin

No, I don’t think anybody has so much as suggested it is.

I’ve got a pretty good handle on events that culminated in the 30th January. I can reel them off but what neither you nor I can know is what it ‘felt’ like in uniform on the ground that day. How we would have reacted to coming under small arms fire, in the grip of adrenaline with eyes wide and the roaring in our ears.

You don’t know how you would have reacted, don’t kid yourself otherwise.

[Post edited 21 Mar 2019 16:05]

They were supposed to be trained soldiers following orders, what was the order? If it was not to shoot the protestors then it’s murder pure and simple.
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:27 - Mar 21 with 1323 viewsLohengrin

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:18 - Mar 21 by cockneyswan

They were supposed to be trained soldiers following orders, what was the order? If it was not to shoot the protestors then it’s murder pure and simple.

Easy to speculate from a nice, comfortable chair with a nice cup of tea by the side of you fifty years removed from Bedlam, isn’t it?

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:30 - Mar 21 with 1319 viewscontroversial_jack

Shooting innocent unarmed protesters is not exactly doing their job
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:46 - Mar 21 with 1308 viewsGroo

It’s the same issue with police in the US. They are often in a the news for shooting unarmed people.

The fact is in America they have a greater risk of meeting an armed person, it’s only Human to protect yourself first.

If you think there is a risk that they will kill you, you shoot first.

Yes they were unarmed but from what I gather armed people were about and they mixed in with demonstrators.

Difficult position to be in, one I would never want to be in myself.

Groo does what Groo does best

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:49 - Mar 21 with 1301 viewsLohengrin

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:46 - Mar 21 by Groo

It’s the same issue with police in the US. They are often in a the news for shooting unarmed people.

The fact is in America they have a greater risk of meeting an armed person, it’s only Human to protect yourself first.

Yes they were unarmed but from what I gather armed people were about and they mixed in with demonstrators.

High pressure, split-second decisions.

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:52 - Mar 21 with 1298 viewscontroversial_jack

It's not the job of soldiers to shoot unarmed people. It's really that simple
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 18:39 - Mar 21 with 1277 viewsKilkennyjack

You gather wrong mate ....

The report stated, "The firing by soldiers of 1 PARA on Bloody Sunday caused the deaths of 13 people and injury to a similar number, none of whom was posing a threat of causing death or serious injury,"

None of whom was posing a threat.

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 18:40 - Mar 21 with 1276 viewsGroo

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:52 - Mar 21 by controversial_jack

It's not the job of soldiers to shoot unarmed people. It's really that simple

A soldier is still a person who normally would like to live. They felt their lives were at risk, not a good position to be in.

The bigger question is who put shock troops there in the first place.

Groo does what Groo does best

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 18:42 - Mar 21 with 1272 viewscontroversial_jack

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 18:40 - Mar 21 by Groo

A soldier is still a person who normally would like to live. They felt their lives were at risk, not a good position to be in.

The bigger question is who put shock troops there in the first place.

There was no evidence of them being at risk.They have rules of engagement, break them and they are in trouble.Even a soldier is not above UK law, nobody is.
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 18:47 - Mar 21 with 1270 viewsvalleyboy

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 18:42 - Mar 21 by controversial_jack

There was no evidence of them being at risk.They have rules of engagement, break them and they are in trouble.Even a soldier is not above UK law, nobody is.

What Planet are you living on to say there’s no evidence they were at risk

Do a little exercise for your self in checking how many of the armed forces were killed out in Ireland

Must be a Corbyn supporter as on Sunday he agreed that all of the ones there should be put on trial
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 18:51 - Mar 21 with 1264 viewsKilkennyjack

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 18:47 - Mar 21 by valleyboy

Do a little exercise for your self in checking how many of the armed forces were killed out in Ireland

Must be a Corbyn supporter as on Sunday he agreed that all of the ones there should be put on trial

Read the Bloody Sunday Inquiry.

This is not a guess.

"The immediate responsibility for the deaths and injuries on Bloody Sunday lies with those members of Support Company whose unjustifiable firing was the cause of those deaths and injuries."[11] Saville stated that British paratroopers "lost control",[12] fatally shooting fleeing civilians and those who tried to aid the civilians who had been shot by the British soldiers.[13] The report stated that British soldiers had concocted lies in their attempt to hide their acts.[

I hope thats clear enough for you.

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 18:52 - Mar 21 with 1261 viewscontroversial_jack

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 18:47 - Mar 21 by valleyboy

The report stated, "The firing by soldiers of 1 PARA on Bloody Sunday caused the deaths of 13 people and injury to a similar number, none of whom was posing a threat of causing death or serious injury,"

They should be put on trial, I agree, shame it's taken so long.
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 19:20 - Mar 21 with 1252 viewstheloneranger

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 18:52 - Mar 21 by controversial_jack

They should be put on trial, I agree, shame it's taken so long.

There were many members of the IRA present at the march that day.

Father Edward Daly gave evidence that he saw someone firing a handgun in the direction of the Paras. This man was later identified as a member of the IRA.

He also gave evidence that he also told another gunman to leave the area ...

The Official Report also said ... That an Official IRA sniper fired on the Paras, after the Paras had shot and wounded 2 civilians, but before anybody was killed.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2019 20:12]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 19:22 - Mar 21 with 1249 viewscontroversial_jack

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 19:20 - Mar 21 by theloneranger

There were many members of the IRA present at the march that day.

Father Edward Daly gave evidence that he saw someone firing a handgun in the direction of the Paras. This man was later identified as a member of the IRA.

He also gave evidence that he also told another gunman to leave the area ...

The Official Report also said ... That an Official IRA sniper fired on the Paras, after the Paras had shot and wounded 2 civilians, but before anybody was killed.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2019 20:12]

Let a jury decide.
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 19:55 - Mar 21 with 1238 viewsvalleyboy

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:59 - Mar 15 by londonlisa2001

I disagree with the last bit. It’s important that the soldier is properly tried of course, but if the report given by Murray is true, it’s murder and irrespective of the details surrounding his deployment, the passage of time and his age, he should be properly imprisoned. For the rest of his life. In much the same way as 90 plus year olds are still tried as Nazis, and, indeed, that Lord Ahmed should be tried for sexual offences that occurred at pretty much exactly the same time as Bloody Sunday...

No one is pointing the finger of blame at this man because he went where he was ordered, but if, indeed, it transpires that he shot an unarmed man through the head while the man was waving a white handkerchief, that’s murder. And the finger of blame can only be pointed at the murderer.

“it’s important that the soldier is properly tried of course”

Something similar that Corbyn said on Sunday

But what about the terrorists, that had his case thrown out in the High Court for killing four soldiers in Hyde Park???

Because he had a letter from a Labour government in 2007 telling him that he wouldn’t be prosecuted for what he had done

Not only did he have s letter telling him that, but anothe 186 terrorists had the same assurances

Must be another Numpty that supports the idiot Corbyn

187 terrorists gets letters that they won’t be prosecuted

Yet one serving soldier doing his job is being prosecuted
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 20:03 - Mar 21 with 1230 viewslondonlisa2001

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 19:55 - Mar 21 by valleyboy

“it’s important that the soldier is properly tried of course”

Something similar that Corbyn said on Sunday

But what about the terrorists, that had his case thrown out in the High Court for killing four soldiers in Hyde Park???

Because he had a letter from a Labour government in 2007 telling him that he wouldn’t be prosecuted for what he had done

Not only did he have s letter telling him that, but anothe 186 terrorists had the same assurances

Must be another Numpty that supports the idiot Corbyn

187 terrorists gets letters that they won’t be prosecuted

Yet one serving soldier doing his job is being prosecuted

You’re referring to John Downey.

He was, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, extradited to NI earlier this month on terrorism and murder charges.

Can’t stand Corbyn. But I have to say it’s a bit rich to hear you call him an idiot.
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 20:46 - Mar 21 with 1205 viewsKilkennyjack

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 20:03 - Mar 21 by londonlisa2001

You’re referring to John Downey.

He was, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, extradited to NI earlier this month on terrorism and murder charges.

Can’t stand Corbyn. But I have to say it’s a bit rich to hear you call him an idiot.

😂😂😂

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024