Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday 11:17 - Mar 14 with 8815 viewswaynekerr55

Talk about timing, hey...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 17:08 - Mar 15 with 1354 viewsLohengrin

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 17:04 - Mar 15 by controversial_jack

What plan, they were there as peacekeepers, it wasn't a mission, they allegedly fired on innocent protestors.

They were ordered onto William Street to collar the petrol bomb and brick throwers. That was the plan such as it was.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 17:29 - Mar 15 with 1323 viewsLohengrin

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:59 - Mar 15 by londonlisa2001

I disagree with the last bit. It’s important that the soldier is properly tried of course, but if the report given by Murray is true, it’s murder and irrespective of the details surrounding his deployment, the passage of time and his age, he should be properly imprisoned. For the rest of his life. In much the same way as 90 plus year olds are still tried as Nazis, and, indeed, that Lord Ahmed should be tried for sexual offences that occurred at pretty much exactly the same time as Bloody Sunday...

No one is pointing the finger of blame at this man because he went where he was ordered, but if, indeed, it transpires that he shot an unarmed man through the head while the man was waving a white handkerchief, that’s murder. And the finger of blame can only be pointed at the murderer.

It goes without saying that the account Murray has offered is hotly disputed, Lisa.

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 17:34 - Mar 15 with 1315 viewslondonlisa2001

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 17:29 - Mar 15 by Lohengrin

It goes without saying that the account Murray has offered is hotly disputed, Lisa.

Indeed it may be. Which is why I said it’s appropriate that there is a trial.

And the government is funding his legal costs. So he’s being treated fairly.

For them to say that there’s enough evidence in his case but not in every other case is interesting though.
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 17:53 - Mar 15 with 1290 viewsLohengrin

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 17:34 - Mar 15 by londonlisa2001

Indeed it may be. Which is why I said it’s appropriate that there is a trial.

And the government is funding his legal costs. So he’s being treated fairly.

For them to say that there’s enough evidence in his case but not in every other case is interesting though.

I don’t know, love. I just see this having the potential to do far, far more harm than good and run the risk of rousing dogs anybody sane wants to let lie.

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 18:46 - Mar 15 with 1244 viewslondonlisa2001

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 17:53 - Mar 15 by Lohengrin

I don’t know, love. I just see this having the potential to do far, far more harm than good and run the risk of rousing dogs anybody sane wants to let lie.

Dropping it would have had the same potential. The families deserve an answer.
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 18:50 - Mar 15 with 1237 viewsLohengrin

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 18:46 - Mar 15 by londonlisa2001

Dropping it would have had the same potential. The families deserve an answer.

They’re not going to get one. Those that could have provided it are all dead.

I’m not without sympathy for the bereaved, most of us know what it’s like to lose a loved one but there will be no comfort for them down this path.

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 19:03 - Mar 15 with 1228 viewscockneyswan

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 18:50 - Mar 15 by Lohengrin

I’m not without sympathy for the bereaved, most of us know what it’s like to lose a loved one but there will be no comfort for them down this path.

Soldier F is not dead.
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 20:29 - Mar 15 with 1183 viewsDippy

I disagree with the last bit. It’s important that the soldier is properly tried of course, but if the report given by Murray is true, it’s murder and irrespective of the details surrounding his deployment, the passage of time and his age, he should be properly imprisoned. For the rest of his life. In much the same way as 90 plus year olds are still tried as Nazis, and, indeed, that Lord Ahmed should be tried for sexual offences that occurred at pretty much exactly the same time as Bloody Sunday...

No one is pointing the finger of blame at this man because he went where he was ordered, but if, indeed, it transpires that he shot an unarmed man through the head while the man was waving a white handkerchief, that’s murder. And the finger of blame can only be pointed at the murderer.

Nothing is as black and white during war and conflict Lisa.

IRA trained kids to kill
Isis train kids to kill

Waving a white flag is in no means a surrender, especially during conflict.

Poll: Cooper Out

Login to get fewer ads

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 20:56 - Mar 15 with 1169 viewsKilkennyjack

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 20:29 - Mar 15 by Dippy

Nothing is as black and white during war and conflict Lisa.

IRA trained kids to kill
Isis train kids to kill

Waving a white flag is in no means a surrender, especially during conflict.

Not sure why anyone is challenging Lisa on this one. She is spot on.

Also ..,,

‘Karen Bradley revealed the potential reworking of the scheme in an answer to a written question from a Tory MP who had asked whether the maximum term of two years in jail for Troubles legacy crimes would apply to the British Army and the police.

She said: “Under the early release scheme that formed part of the 1998 Belfast Agreement and was given legislative effect by the Northern Ireland (Sentences) Act 1998, qualifying prisoners may apply for early release (subject to certain conditions) after they have served two years in prison,” she wrote.’

Beware of the Risen People

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 22:34 - Mar 15 with 1132 viewsSlugster664

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:58 - Mar 15 by jackrmee

Well then, he's a murderer and should be fuking strung up for it

I'd love you to come into my Mess and say that you grubby little c$nt! You have no idea what you are talking about so I suggest you wire it shut...people like you who ain't been involved in this type of sh!t have no clue what it was like so stick to having an opinion on something you may know about...like croquet .

STID

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 22:47 - Mar 15 with 1114 viewsKilkennyjack

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 22:34 - Mar 15 by Slugster664

I'd love you to come into my Mess and say that you grubby little c$nt! You have no idea what you are talking about so I suggest you wire it shut...people like you who ain't been involved in this type of sh!t have no clue what it was like so stick to having an opinion on something you may know about...like croquet .

Not a good look for a serving member of the forces, is it ?

Are you really making a threat on the fecking internet ?
You might want to rethink that one.

Best leave the jury decide, eh ?
Thats the way these things work.

Beware of the Risen People

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 22:52 - Mar 15 with 1103 viewsjackrmee

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 22:34 - Mar 15 by Slugster664

You don't shoot unarmed guys with white handkerchiefs, simple as. I was replying to a post which said he obviously didn't get an order to do so. Hence, being murder...and a fuking appalling one at that.
Going on the premise that the report is true, anyone who acts in such a manner is a fuking animal and a digrace to the human race, let alone the British Army. Don't have to have been involved in it to know what's right and what's wrong.

As for croquet...not a clue sport old chap.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 23:04 - Mar 15 with 1088 viewsSlugster664

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 22:47 - Mar 15 by Kilkennyjack

Not a good look for a serving member of the forces, is it ?

Are you really making a threat on the fecking internet ?
You might want to rethink that one.

Best leave the jury decide, eh ?
Thats the way these things work.

Oh fùck off you c0ck ffs. Little do gooders like you one of the reasons this country is going down the swanny.

STID

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 23:07 - Mar 15 with 1083 viewsSlugster664

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 22:52 - Mar 15 by jackrmee

You don't shoot unarmed guys with white handkerchiefs, simple as. I was replying to a post which said he obviously didn't get an order to do so. Hence, being murder...and a fuking appalling one at that.
Going on the premise that the report is true, anyone who acts in such a manner is a fuking animal and a digrace to the human race, let alone the British Army. Don't have to have been involved in it to know what's right and what's wrong.

As for croquet...not a clue sport old chap.

I'd love to see what your reaction would have been in an environment that these soldiers were in, probably shat your pants hiding behind a wall calling for mummy.

Time to leave this forum

STID

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 23:11 - Mar 15 with 1079 viewsLoyal

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 12:39 - Mar 15 by londonlisa2001

Absolutely no equivalence.

I suggest you read that well known bleeding heart liberal Douglas Murray in the Spectator.

He says this, of the accused:

“F was shown to have killed at least four people that day. One of them was Patrick Doherty, shot through a buttock as he was crawling away. One more killing which soldier F had ‘forgotten’ about when first questioned by the RMP.

Then, while Doherty lay crying in agony, a 41-year-old man called Barney McGuigan stepped out from behind a block of flats to try to get help for the dying man. McGuigan was waving a white handkerchief. According to the testimony of numerous witnesses, including an officer from another regiment stationed on the city walls, soldier F – positioned on the other side of the road – got down on one knee and shot McGuigan through the head.”

And ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 23:12 - Mar 15 with 1076 viewsjackrmee

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 23:07 - Mar 15 by Slugster664

I'd love to see what your reaction would have been in an environment that these soldiers were in, probably shat your pants hiding behind a wall calling for mummy.

Time to leave this forum

I wouldn't think there is any environment that the incident described in that report would be seen as OK, would you?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 23:14 - Mar 15 with 1072 viewsLoyal

Anyone on here served, anyone here know about real fear because I can tell you it actually does have a taste. Walk a mile ... Etc.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 23:31 - Mar 15 with 1057 viewsDippy

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 23:14 - Mar 15 by Loyal

Anyone on here served, anyone here know about real fear because I can tell you it actually does have a taste. Walk a mile ... Etc.

I agree.. that man supposedly waving a handkerchief could've done anything. During conflict, anything could happen

Poll: Cooper Out

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 23:49 - Mar 15 with 1045 viewsBrynmill_Jack

All the other murderers are out walking the streets. Forgive and forget should extend to everyone, not just the non professional soldiers.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 00:06 - Mar 16 with 1033 viewslondonlisa2001

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 23:49 - Mar 15 by Brynmill_Jack

All the other murderers are out walking the streets. Forgive and forget should extend to everyone, not just the non professional soldiers.

A ex IRA bloke was extradited not 2 weeks ago from Dublin to Belfast to face charges for the murder of 2 British soldiers in 1972.

It’s not all one way.
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 00:33 - Mar 16 with 1013 viewstheloneranger

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 18:50 - Mar 15 by Lohengrin

Lt Col Derek Wilford commander of 1 Para that day is still alive.

He disobeyed a direct order that day, not to chase the rioters, but in doing so he chased them into the Bogside and straight into the peaceful marchers causing havoc.

When the Paras then went into the Bogside there was no way of separating the rioters from the marchers. and suddenly the Paras became the wrong regiment, in the wrong place.

What did Lt Col Derek Wilford get for disobeying that direct order and causing mayhem and death on that day?? ...

An OBE at the end of 1972!!
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 0:42]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 09:45 - Mar 16 with 935 viewsSlugster664

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 23:31 - Mar 15 by Dippy

I agree.. that man supposedly waving a handkerchief could've done anything. During conflict, anything could happen

Believe me, a white flag or handkerchief means nothing to these types, seen used in NI and Iraq...followed by rounds of fire!

STID

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 10:12 - Mar 16 with 922 viewsSgorioFruit

all this is a great advert for future recruitment of the armed forces.....NOT

My father served in the air force,
I then served in the air force.
My son however wont be going anywhere near the armed forces of today. Not with these politicians running the country.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 11:11 - Mar 16 with 908 viewsWillzy

Of course he should be tried for murder for shooting an innocent person in the head while he was on his knees.
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 11:17 - Mar 16 with 903 viewsWillzy

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 23:12 - Mar 15 by jackrmee

I wouldn't think there is any environment that the incident described in that report would be seen as OK, would you?

I’ve documented war zones in the Middle East believe me I’ve met some amazing soldiers, but also meat heads like slugster1664
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024