Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread 18:27 - Mar 14 with 37434 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 14:59]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 09:24 - Mar 17 with 2628 viewsJohnw102

For those that have not seen it the pundits view of the game very fair IMO

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 13:12 - Mar 17 with 2379 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 09:24 - Mar 17 by Johnw102

For those that have not seen it the pundits view of the game very fair IMO

Never been a big fan of Moyes but he he's hit the nail on the head here: there's too many soft penalties being given these days. Simple.

It'll be interesting to see what impact VAR has next season. Hopefully it'll stop a lot of the diving - if a penalty review shows that a player dived (or went down easily) then the player should get booked. Not sure if the fans in the grounds will get to see reviews on the big screen, but if they do it'll soon highlight who the divers are. Although, I think the fans already have a good idea - it's the officials who don't.

For anyone who hasn't been paying attention, here's a list for starters:
Sterling
Salah
Rashford
Kane
Dele Alli
Lacazette
Hernandez
Maddison
Fraser
Zaha
Townsend
Murray
Long

I've let Vardy off because he's been better behaved recently. Feel free to add your own.
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 13:39 - Mar 17 with 2351 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 13:12 - Mar 17 by ploppy

Never been a big fan of Moyes but he he's hit the nail on the head here: there's too many soft penalties being given these days. Simple.

It'll be interesting to see what impact VAR has next season. Hopefully it'll stop a lot of the diving - if a penalty review shows that a player dived (or went down easily) then the player should get booked. Not sure if the fans in the grounds will get to see reviews on the big screen, but if they do it'll soon highlight who the divers are. Although, I think the fans already have a good idea - it's the officials who don't.

For anyone who hasn't been paying attention, here's a list for starters:
Sterling
Salah
Rashford
Kane
Dele Alli
Lacazette
Hernandez
Maddison
Fraser
Zaha
Townsend
Murray
Long

I've let Vardy off because he's been better behaved recently. Feel free to add your own.

Haven’t seen the clip yet, but by saying it was a soft penalty suggests that it could have been. It wasn’t, so comes into the category of no penalty not soft one.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 13:50 - Mar 17 with 2331 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 13:39 - Mar 17 by union_jack

Haven’t seen the clip yet, but by saying it was a soft penalty suggests that it could have been. It wasn’t, so comes into the category of no penalty not soft one.

To be clear - Moyes and Riedle in that clip both said no penalty. He was making a general comment about soft penalties.
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 13:55 - Mar 17 with 2321 viewsjasper_T

There's not nearly enough penalties that he would consider soft being given. Grappling in the box still isn't punished enough.
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 15:04 - Mar 17 with 2254 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 13:18 - Mar 16 by Brad_Bobbly

Yes there’s lot of clutching in here.

Man City won’t have to get out of second gear to put 3 past us.

I think it will be a cricket score, it’s a game we really don’t need.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 15:10 - Mar 17 with 2246 viewsmart6

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 19:38 - Mar 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Let's hope Manchester United win as I can't see any other side beating Manchester City, who really do not deserve to still be in the competition.

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 15:35 - Mar 17 with 2224 viewsAl_Bundy

Great performance from the side. Shame the South Stand decided to get up and start leaving en masse when the 3rd goal went in. Thought the team deserved better than that.

Only criticism would be Byers who struggled with the temp of the game and forced into errors and gave the ball away in key positions and Routledge who I know isn't a striker but his hop skip and jumping and not committing to any tackles when everybody else is guiles me a bit.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 15:54 - Mar 17 with 2211 viewsGlyn1

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 15:35 - Mar 17 by Al_Bundy

Great performance from the side. Shame the South Stand decided to get up and start leaving en masse when the 3rd goal went in. Thought the team deserved better than that.

Only criticism would be Byers who struggled with the temp of the game and forced into errors and gave the ball away in key positions and Routledge who I know isn't a striker but his hop skip and jumping and not committing to any tackles when everybody else is guiles me a bit.

Would McBurnie have improved us if he had played instead of Routledge? The obvious answer is Yes, but I'm not so sure. Of course he's a greater goal threat but playing him would have meant focusing on him, and City would have marked him out of the game.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 16:07 - Mar 17 with 2187 viewsBrynCartwright

Apologies if anyone has already mentioned this, but Alan Shearer stated in the Millwall Brighton halftime period, after highlights of our game, that VAR should be used at FA quarter final stage wherever the game is played. Still gutted about yesterday. Those Man City fairies going about their lives today, quite happy their team were given biased favouritism by a shithouse of a referee. Feck off Citeh!

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 16:19 - Mar 17 with 2159 viewssquarebear

I’m no fan of VAR but bollocking feck, I’ve been Mister Tetchy Bastard since yesterday.
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 16:27 - Mar 17 with 2147 viewsAl_Bundy

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 15:54 - Mar 17 by Glyn1

Would McBurnie have improved us if he had played instead of Routledge? The obvious answer is Yes, but I'm not so sure. Of course he's a greater goal threat but playing him would have meant focusing on him, and City would have marked him out of the game.

Your not suggesting Routledge is a better option that McBurnie ?
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 16:27 - Mar 17 with 2144 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 16:19 - Mar 17 by squarebear

I’m no fan of VAR but bollocking feck, I’ve been Mister Tetchy Bastard since yesterday.

It’s because of the injustice of it. Happens / happened too often to us when playing the big sides.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 17:22 - Mar 17 with 2082 viewssainthelens

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 16:19 - Mar 17 by squarebear

This.
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 17:52 - Mar 17 with 2042 viewsswan65split

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 15:10 - Mar 17 by mart6

kin hell Mart your on a roll.
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 18:38 - Mar 17 with 1990 viewsLuther27

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 15:54 - Mar 17 by Glyn1

Personally I wouldn't have played him if he was fit for the reasons you've given. Potter went for pace against a free flowing team. City aren't a physical team...they don't kick you off the pitch...so I think the manager got his tactics spot on. Fir the record I wouldn't have played Leroy either. No point in having a physical presence when they pass around you.
Gutted at the result. I no doubt VAR will be for all FA cup games next season if the home club has the facilities.
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 19:02 - Mar 17 with 1969 viewsTNT

So close to a massive, deserved, upset.

Haven't felt this robbed since West Ham away in The FA Cup in '79.

Well played everybody...

...except for Man City and the officials.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 20:04 - Mar 17 with 1909 viewsLuther27

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 16:27 - Mar 17 by Al_Bundy

Your not suggesting Routledge is a better option that McBurnie ?

Not all games..but against City I thought he was. Brought his experience to the fore I thought. I reckon he gets too much stick on times, but yesterday he worked his socks off for the team. Not bad for 34 year old.
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 20:07 - Mar 17 with 1908 viewstheloneranger

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 19:02 - Mar 17 by TNT

So close to a massive, deserved, upset.

Haven't felt this robbed since West Ham away in The FA Cup in '79.

Well played everybody...

...except for Man City and the officials.

This also reminds me of Leeds away in the FA Cup in 1970 ...

CHEATED ...!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 17:58 - Mar 18 with 1614 viewsjacabertawe

Mark agrees with us and almost everybody else!
https://sportslens.com/mark-clattenburg-claims-manchester-citys-last-two-goals-a

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 18:03 - Mar 18 with 1608 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 15:10 - Mar 17 by mart6

Why is that funny? There's no team left to stop Manchester City winning the competition now after they cheated to get past us. If you think that's funny then you're on the wrong forum.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 18:22 - Mar 18 with 1596 viewsFireboy2

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 18:03 - Mar 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why is that funny? There's no team left to stop Manchester City winning the competition now after they cheated to get past us. If you think that's funny then you're on the wrong forum.

You have obviously missed the joke
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024