Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread 18:27 - Mar 14 with 38193 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 14:59]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 19:23 - Mar 15 with 3315 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 19:10 - Mar 15 by sainthelens

Them being over complacent, refs decisions to go for us, defend way above what we've done all season, hope the weather plays a massive leveler, score at least twice to force extra time, every rebound and ricochet to go our way.???
All of the above and we have a sniff.
One or more of it doesn't then good night.

A sending off would help.
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 21:05 - Mar 15 with 3222 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 18:45 - Mar 15 by Glyn1

Except you don't get points in the FA Cup.

Call me a pessimist if you want, but I'm beginning to think that we may not necessarily win this. Hope we score though.

Hope our players... and fans... have the same desire and positivity as Newport County, that is all.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 22:27 - Mar 15 with 3132 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 21:05 - Mar 15 by TNT

Hope our players... and fans... have the same desire and positivity as Newport County, that is all.

I doubt it. Nor do we have a pitch in that condition either.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 22:32 - Mar 15 with 3123 viewsjackrmee

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 19:07 - Mar 15 by Glyn1

So that just leaves:

Squad (from): Ederson, Grimshaw, Muric, Danilo, Laporte, Otamendi, Stones, Walker, Zinchenko, Delph, Foden, Gundogan, Mahrez, Sane, B Silva, D Silva, Sterling, Aguero, Jesus

In his press conference today Guardiola said that his injury list meant that he was left "without many options".

https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2018/12/26/manchester-citys-over-reliance-on-fernandin

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 00:18 - Mar 16 with 3044 viewsTheKirkyLife

The only match this season where I'd be content with a 3-0 smacking.
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 09:12 - Mar 16 with 2881 viewssainthelens

With torrential rain forecast, can we also put the sprinklers on please? Be a drying wind see.
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 09:13 - Mar 16 with 2881 viewsLord_Bony

3.1 swans I reckons. Sniff.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 09:58 - Mar 16 with 2838 viewsdameedna

We have been playing well. This is a good tim to go into this game.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 10:13 - Mar 16 with 2818 viewsswan65split

fingers, arms, knees ,legs , toes and eyes crossed.
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 10:49 - Mar 16 with 2782 viewsmonmouth

Is the heads of the valleys road ok these days? I don’t want to get stuck in rugger traffic.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 12:08 - Mar 16 with 2697 viewsairedale

They’ve got the sprinklers on up in Watford.
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 13:13 - Mar 16 with 2599 viewssainthelens

Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst....But why am I constantly thinking the weather coming in is gonna level it up? Am I straw clutching bit too much??
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 13:18 - Mar 16 with 2587 viewsBrad_Bobbly

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 13:13 - Mar 16 by sainthelens

Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst....But why am I constantly thinking the weather coming in is gonna level it up? Am I straw clutching bit too much??

Yes there’s lot of clutching in here.

Man City won’t have to get out of second gear to put 3 past us.

I think it will be a cricket score, it’s a game we really don’t need.
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 13:24 - Mar 16 with 2578 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Well they thrashed Chelsea 6:0 and Schalke 7:0 so anything less than that and we can consider ourselves to have done well.
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 13:28 - Mar 16 with 2567 viewsunion_jack

We’ve next to no chance of winning today in all reality, but what will make it no chance at all is them taking the lead. We’ll never get back into it.

As usual, delighted to be proven wrong.

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 13:31 - Mar 16 with 2561 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 13:28 - Mar 16 by union_jack

We’ve next to no chance of winning today in all reality, but what will make it no chance at all is them taking the lead. We’ll never get back into it.

Personally, the more I see of teams/clubs like Man City, the more I wish they’d do one into their own Super League.
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 13:52 - Mar 16 with 2535 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 13:31 - Mar 16 by airedale

Personally, the more I see of teams/clubs like Man City, the more I wish they’d do one into their own Super League.

I’ve said before that I’m sick of the sight of clubs like City and a consolation to me at least of not still being in the PL.

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 13:57 - Mar 16 with 2526 viewskarnataka

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 13:28 - Mar 16 by union_jack

Don't be silly, we've won from losing positions on a few occasions this season. All we have to do is bring on Jeff Montero and..... Oh, hang on.... As you were.
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Thread on 14:18 - Mar 16 with 2490 viewsGlyn1

Breach of sartorial etiquette? I'm just off to Twickenham Brewery in an old Swans shirt (the red one) to watch the rugby as they have a giant screen.

Anyway, I've bet a fiver on the Swans to win 1-0.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 14:21]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 16:45 - Mar 16 with 2246 viewsGroo

Sounds like Grimes at Left Back.

Swansea City XI: Nordfelt, Roberts, Van der Hoorn, Carter-Vickers, Grimes, Byers, Fulton, Celina, Routledge, Dyer, James.

Subs: Mulder, Asoro, McKay, John, Dhanda, Baker-Richardson, Harries.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 16:46]

Groo does what Groo does best

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 16:46 - Mar 16 with 2242 viewsGroo

Manchester City XI: Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Laporte, Delph, Gundogan, D Silva, B Silva, Sane, Mahrez, Jesus.

Subs: Muric, Danilo, Sterling, Aguero, Zinchenko, Foden, Garcia.

Groo does what Groo does best

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 16:52 - Mar 16 with 2227 viewskarnataka

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 16:45 - Mar 16 by Groo

Sounds like Grimes at Left Back.

Swansea City XI: Nordfelt, Roberts, Van der Hoorn, Carter-Vickers, Grimes, Byers, Fulton, Celina, Routledge, Dyer, James.

Subs: Mulder, Asoro, McKay, John, Dhanda, Baker-Richardson, Harries.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 16:46]

Well, that's not the strongest bench we've ever had, that's for sure. No game changers.
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 16:56 - Mar 16 with 2210 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Well with Nordfelt in goal I very much doubt we can do better than Chelsea's 5:0 drubbing.
But we can live in hope for him to have a stormer.
The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 17:05 - Mar 16 with 2155 viewsJack123

Just had a bet on the swans 40-1 crazy odds.

libera nos a malo

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 17:07 - Mar 16 with 2145 viewsGlastonbury

The Official Swansea City v Man City FA Cup 1/4 Final Match Day Thread on 16:56 - Mar 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Well with Nordfelt in goal I very much doubt we can do better than Chelsea's 5:0 drubbing.
But we can live in hope for him to have a stormer.

I’m going to say the swans will go through today. I think this Man City team is beatable. I was hoping for sterling and aguero to be left out plus de Bruyne. If we can the first goal and grow in confidence we can do a job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024