Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter interview 20:31 - Mar 15 with 5769 viewsNeathJack

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/mar/15/swansea-graham-potter-pep-guard
Potter interview on 20:41 - Mar 15 with 4824 viewsvetchonian

Great interview maybe some of the "experts" on here can learn something from it

Interesting explanations on sideways and backward passes...also interesting stats regarding the game time given to youngsters compared to other clubs.....shows the inexperience on the field but highlights how well we are doing despite losing 16 of the squad at the start of the season

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Potter interview on 20:44 - Mar 15 with 4805 viewsjasper_T

Potter interview on 20:41 - Mar 15 by vetchonian

Interesting explanations on sideways and backward passes...also interesting stats regarding the game time given to youngsters compared to other clubs.....shows the inexperience on the field but highlights how well we are doing despite losing 16 of the squad at the start of the season

Indeed. ‘You can play in the Championship, we believe in you’ he says to his players. Many fans don't seem to agree with him.
Potter interview on 20:51 - Mar 15 with 4763 viewsjewsonjack

like our form compared to theirs on the guardian match preview
[Post edited 15 Mar 2019 20:53]
Potter interview on 20:52 - Mar 15 with 4759 viewsFireboy2

Boo to the GP bashers

In potter we trust

Shame we dont haveva board to back him
Potter interview on 20:56 - Mar 15 with 4738 viewsLeonWasGod

Good interview, thanks for posting.

'To provide a bit of context to Swansea’s season, Yeovil are the only EFL club to have given more minutes to players aged 23 and under.'. Yet we have utter weapons slagging off Potter and saying the players aren't inexperienced. Bizarre.
Potter interview on 20:58 - Mar 15 with 4728 viewsPozuelosSideys

Potter interview on 20:56 - Mar 15 by LeonWasGod

'To provide a bit of context to Swansea’s season, Yeovil are the only EFL club to have given more minutes to players aged 23 and under.'. Yet we have utter weapons slagging off Potter and saying the players aren't inexperienced. Bizarre.

Please post that on teh thread where that nobber valleyboy and DYSS are claiming that we dont have a young and inexperienced team/squad

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Potter interview on 21:00 - Mar 15 with 4713 viewsLeonWasGod

Potter interview on 20:41 - Mar 15 by vetchonian

Most of us realise that. Results have been inconsistent, but I've enjoyed watching us more this year. We have a style again and a togetherness. Potter also has emotional and intellectual maturity (not that common in managers) and seems the perfect fit. There's a little bit of the feel of Brendan's time about where we are imo, but obviously with a less developed squad.
Potter interview on 21:04 - Mar 15 with 4689 viewsjasper_T

Potter interview on 20:56 - Mar 15 by LeonWasGod

A huge number of those minutes have come from young players keeping experienced alternatives out on form and ability. It's a misleading stat when you look at it more closely. Many teams in this division have under 23s as their standout stars.

He wasn't forced to exclude Dyer and Routledge, the experience was there if he wanted it. Spent £7m on players 23 and under as well.

And if you look at the results themselves some can be attributed to inexperience, sure (Ipswich would be one) but then there's the list where obvious managerial mistakes didn't help the players at all (the Villa games, Rotherham etc.)
Login to get fewer ads

Potter interview on 21:05 - Mar 15 with 4685 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

With all the off the field issues, staying up this year is a good result, Potter has done very well in the circumstances. On our way up we passed and passed, some games we dominated and did not get a result but the football was good a we learned how to win in the Championship.
Potter is taking us back to where we were, inexpensive but technically good squad playing good football ,we have some real prospects who will make mistakes and need supporters behind them.
This post does not ignore the off the field greed and poor decisions that have us owned by s US Hedge Fund.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2019 21:11]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Potter interview on 21:12 - Mar 15 with 4659 viewsTNT

Potter interview on 20:58 - Mar 15 by PozuelosSideys

Please post that on teh thread where that nobber valleyboy and DYSS are claiming that we dont have a young and inexperienced team/squad

valeyboy can't do numbers. He reckons he's been to 80 Swans games a season for the last 40 years.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Potter interview on 21:14 - Mar 15 with 4643 viewsLeonWasGod

Potter interview on 21:04 - Mar 15 by jasper_T

A huge number of those minutes have come from young players keeping experienced alternatives out on form and ability. It's a misleading stat when you look at it more closely. Many teams in this division have under 23s as their standout stars.

He wasn't forced to exclude Dyer and Routledge, the experience was there if he wanted it. Spent £7m on players 23 and under as well.

And if you look at the results themselves some can be attributed to inexperience, sure (Ipswich would be one) but then there's the list where obvious managerial mistakes didn't help the players at all (the Villa games, Rotherham etc.)

Well Nath and Routs have hardly set the world alight have they? Routs has probably been the weak link on the front foot for the last 2-3 home games. Maybe someone else could get more out of this squad, although I doubt any of our recent managers would have. Would you have preferred it if Carvalhal would have stayed on with his cowardly tactics?
Potter interview on 21:29 - Mar 15 with 4599 viewsTNT

Potter interview on 21:12 - Mar 15 by TNT

valeyboy can't do numbers. He reckons he's been to 80 Swans games a season for the last 40 years.

...and watched cardiff every other week, of course.

Potter interview on 22:50 - Mar 15 with 4474 viewsmajorraglan

Tidy interview answering some of the comments raised by supporters about the squad earlier in the season. I thought he spoke well and have a good account of himself. Let’s jope the team can do the same tomorrow.
Potter interview on 23:30 - Mar 15 with 4424 viewsdobjack2

Potter interview on 21:12 - Mar 15 by TNT

He’s a WUM, a Tommy Tanker or both.
Potter interview on 23:44 - Mar 15 with 4405 viewsjackrmee

It doesn't really matter why the u23s have been playing...the fact is we have an inexperienced starting 11. Maybe by choice yes, but putting players in purely for experience wouldn't work either.

I think people have been saying that many of the mistakes are down to inexperience. I don't think they mean, we shouldn't be playing the inexperienced guys. IMO anyway.

Mistakes are the only way to learn. Inexperienced players won't gain experience without playing. I'm happy for the mistakes as long as we learn from them and the players get better. And before I get "but they aren't learning are they"...maybe give them some time and they will. Nothing bad has happened so far and we are still in this division with the core of the youngsters still intact. Happy days.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Potter interview on 06:49 - Mar 16 with 4285 viewsjack247

I’m not sure Routledge and Dyer were being kept out on form and ability. I think he just made the call that this was a consolidation season and he wouldn’t rely too much on players he thought would be gone at the end of it. McKay hasn’t really delivered, neither has Asoro, but he may have been one for further down the line. I expect Olson would be playing regularly now if available, despite being in a similar boat to Routledge and Dyer at the start of the season. Now the season has petered out, I wouldn’t be against playing people like Asoro, McKay, Dhanda (though he seems to be a #10 and there’s a few ahead of him there) Harries or anyone else on the fringes.

Potter is certainly not infallible and he has cost us games as well as won us games. Yeah, Rotherham is the most obvious example. Villa wasn’t great either.
Potter interview on 07:02 - Mar 16 with 4274 viewsTNT

Potter interview on 06:49 - Mar 16 by jack247

I’m not sure Routledge and Dyer were being kept out on form and ability. I think he just made the call that this was a consolidation season and he wouldn’t rely too much on players he thought would be gone at the end of it. McKay hasn’t really delivered, neither has Asoro, but he may have been one for further down the line. I expect Olson would be playing regularly now if available, despite being in a similar boat to Routledge and Dyer at the start of the season. Now the season has petered out, I wouldn’t be against playing people like Asoro, McKay, Dhanda (though he seems to be a #10 and there’s a few ahead of him there) Harries or anyone else on the fringes.

Potter is certainly not infallible and he has cost us games as well as won us games. Yeah, Rotherham is the most obvious example. Villa wasn’t great either.

He did smash Villa in one game, tbf.

Potter interview on 13:23 - Mar 16 with 4088 viewsBadlands

Potter interview on 21:14 - Mar 15 by LeonWasGod

Well Nath and Routs have hardly set the world alight have they? Routs has probably been the weak link on the front foot for the last 2-3 home games. Maybe someone else could get more out of this squad, although I doubt any of our recent managers would have. Would you have preferred it if Carvalhal would have stayed on with his cowardly tactics?

“But this is the challenge, because we can talk about identity but if you’re losing 1-0 or 2-0 at home and you make a backwards pass [to invite the opposition press], because you want to play through teams, it’s not greeted with universal: ‘We’re working towards our identity here.’ ‘Identity’ and ‘philosophy’ are words that, if you’ve not won, there’s quite a lot of people that don’t care about that.

“And then you can start to see why you lose the identity in the Premier League and why coaches say: ‘It doesn’t matter. We just need to win.’ And in the most competitive league, if as a club you have that [mindset] and you’re Swansea City, I think you’re on the path to [gestures downward]. That’s what I hope the club has learned from the Premier League. As soon as it isn’t different, then all you are is another club in the Premier League.”

Wholeheartedly agree.
Hopefully he stays for year to come.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Potter interview on 14:33 - Mar 16 with 4027 viewsjasper_T

Potter interview on 21:14 - Mar 15 by LeonWasGod

They've been a lot better than Asoro and McKay, who were Potter's choices at the start of the season. Good options we didn't see enough of.

Carvalhal was a poor manager who by his own admission ran out of ideas after a month. So no, he probably wouldn't have been better, even if he did show willing in playing youngsters and has a good record in this division despite his limitations.
Potter interview on 14:44 - Mar 16 with 4011 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Where did he admit "he ran out of ideas after a month".
Potter interview on 15:34 - Mar 16 with 3974 viewsjasper_T

Potter interview on 14:44 - Mar 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Where did he admit "he ran out of ideas after a month".

In an interview I was sure was online but it might have just been said on one of his Sky appearances (since I can't find it now). He put the revival down to the element of surprise as much as anything else, and our capitulation started when that wore off.

That and the failure to convince two new signings to come.
Potter interview on 20:41 - Mar 16 with 3794 viewsKilkennyjack

Potter interview on 14:33 - Mar 16 by jasper_T

They've been a lot better than Asoro and McKay, who were Potter's choices at the start of the season. Good options we didn't see enough of.

Carvalhal was a poor manager who by his own admission ran out of ideas after a month. So no, he probably wouldn't have been better, even if he did show willing in playing youngsters and has a good record in this division despite his limitations.

Spot on again

Beware of the Risen People

Potter interview on 22:10 - Mar 16 with 3694 viewsLeonWasGod

Potter interview on 14:33 - Mar 16 by jasper_T

Yeah they’ve been ok, but you can’t blame a manager for wanting to give game time to the players he bought to the club. And he has brought Dyer and Routs back in. It’s not as if he’s not changing and learning.

We’ve all been whinging about Nordvelt being picked ahead of Mulder too. Had an absolute blinder tonight. Maybe Potter does know more than us after all?

I’m happy with him. As I said, I think he’s a cracking fit for us at this time. A little bit of time and a bit more support from the owners and I reckon he could do good things with us.
Potter interview on 22:12 - Mar 16 with 3680 viewsjasper_T

Potter interview on 22:10 - Mar 16 by LeonWasGod

Yeah they’ve been ok, but you can’t blame a manager for wanting to give game time to the players he bought to the club. And he has brought Dyer and Routs back in. It’s not as if he’s not changing and learning.

We’ve all been whinging about Nordvelt being picked ahead of Mulder too. Had an absolute blinder tonight. Maybe Potter does know more than us after all?

I’m happy with him. As I said, I think he’s a cracking fit for us at this time. A little bit of time and a bit more support from the owners and I reckon he could do good things with us.

Nordfeldt needs half a dozen more blinders to draw level with Mulder by my count this season.
Potter interview on 06:27 - Mar 17 with 3568 viewsSwans22

Potter interview on 20:52 - Mar 15 by Fireboy2

Boo to the GP bashers

In potter we trust

Shame we dont haveva board to back him

What do genuinely what them to do? We are broke so loan the club and put it at risk? Or invest and dilute the Trust shares?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024