Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. 20:02 - Mar 16 with 4114 viewsA_Fans_Dad

After seeing Dan James take apart the Man City defence there will be a queue a mile long for him come the summer transfer window.
Sarc on/
Which I am sure our owners will ignore as they take us to the next level.
Sarc off/
One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 19:38 - Mar 17 with 875 viewsFlashberryjack

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 20:09 - Mar 16 by HugeEnkins

If he has to go, then £30m will plug that reported hole we have and we can then strengthen our squad.... You'd think, if you believed the bollocks from our owners.

Seriously ! do some people still actually think that when we do sell Daniel James, some of the money will be reinvested to strengthen the team, if they do. then they're going to be very disappointed

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 21:23 - Mar 17 with 795 viewsFlashberryjack

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 17:00 - Mar 17 by TailGunner

Suspicious mate..
Need proof through

You do know what a hedge fund is, and what they expect ?...and you're only suspicious.

Jesus f*cking wept.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 21:36 - Mar 17 with 787 viewsjasper_T

Some people think that if we get £20m for a player we should have £20m to spend on replacements. And if we don't spend it then the Americans are stealing from the till.

The financial realities of relegation mean that we probably need a few sales just to break even. Income is dropping faster than contracts are expiring (plus we've handed out new ones this season).

We spent money last summer before knowing what we'd get for our wantaways. Can't see the club making that mistake again. The Ayew situations have landed us right in the sht. Wanted £15-20m and got nothing.
One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 21:42 - Mar 17 with 777 viewsunion_jack

Thank God Celina ‘missed’ that pen in the week or we’d be fighting off bids for him as well. May still do.😏

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 23:17 - Mar 17 with 738 viewsDewi1jack

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 09:51 - Mar 17 by Jonathans_coat

Even Pep was taliking about him after the game.

Said that he had discussed the threat he posed with the players before the game.

Leeds, for £10m, I think not.

Wasn't it Leeds for £1.50 once their 3 numbers came up on the lottery and their owner had been for a beer to celebrate their cash injection?

And our board were jumping through hoops to get that.
Doesn't matter what we get for Danny no manager will see any of it.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 23:28 - Mar 17 with 729 viewsmajorraglan

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 21:36 - Mar 17 by jasper_T

Some people think that if we get £20m for a player we should have £20m to spend on replacements. And if we don't spend it then the Americans are stealing from the till.

The financial realities of relegation mean that we probably need a few sales just to break even. Income is dropping faster than contracts are expiring (plus we've handed out new ones this season).

We spent money last summer before knowing what we'd get for our wantaways. Can't see the club making that mistake again. The Ayew situations have landed us right in the sht. Wanted £15-20m and got nothing.

If the club can offload Bony, there’s a chance that Ayews can be sold on. I don’t want to see the young prospects moved on, but shifting Baston, the Ayew’s and if the club could offload Dan James for £20m (tall order) then that could go some way to addressing the shortfall and maybe even prevent a sale of Roberts, McBurnie and Rodon. That would at least allow Potter to keep a nucleus of young players and start to build. The team is starting to slip down the Lrague, but some sensible consolidation in the summer with a settled squad could see some upward progress next year.
One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 06:26 - Mar 18 with 678 viewsBrynmill_Jack

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 20:06 - Mar 16 by union_jack

At least we’d be right in saying he’ll go to a better club than Leeds.

I hope!

Pep seemed quite impressed. I hope if he has to go it’s to City. Saying that if a bidding war ensues, great. I don’t think that a thirty million transfer fee will disappear entirely into the ether. If Potter got 10 million to spend out of that we could mount a proper promotion challenge next season. Give him 20 and I’d say we could do a Norwich

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 07:28 - Mar 18 with 664 viewsDr_Winston

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 06:26 - Mar 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Pep seemed quite impressed. I hope if he has to go it’s to City. Saying that if a bidding war ensues, great. I don’t think that a thirty million transfer fee will disappear entirely into the ether. If Potter got 10 million to spend out of that we could mount a proper promotion challenge next season. Give him 20 and I’d say we could do a Norwich

A club likely to be averaging 14/15000 gates next season spending £20m on players is the fastest way to put us right back in the same boat.

When will we learn?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 07:39 - Mar 18 with 652 viewsgiantstoneater

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 23:28 - Mar 17 by majorraglan

If the club can offload Bony, there’s a chance that Ayews can be sold on. I don’t want to see the young prospects moved on, but shifting Baston, the Ayew’s and if the club could offload Dan James for £20m (tall order) then that could go some way to addressing the shortfall and maybe even prevent a sale of Roberts, McBurnie and Rodon. That would at least allow Potter to keep a nucleus of young players and start to build. The team is starting to slip down the Lrague, but some sensible consolidation in the summer with a settled squad could see some upward progress next year.

Shifting that lot might take some doing as they've hardly impressed on loan, I think Wilf contract is up in the summer. Not sure how long young Dan has on his contract lets hope he will sign a new contract with a promise that if a decent offer came in he would be allowed to leave. We need to tie down VDH he must be made our next captain, we also need to make sure we don`t lose Olly McB. Roberts we should be able to keep I still think he needs to work more on his defensive work. Rodon will stay for now I should think seems to be taking an age to get back to fitness. Wouldn`t mind a bid for Vickers he has done well for us. Fer and Olsen have possibly played their last games for us, Fers injury seems to be taking a long time my thinking is that he has already told the management he is leaving and possibly that's why he`s not playing. I agree with your post and hope it pans out like that but since the Americans have been in charge with each passing window we have been mainly left feeling disappointed.
One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 08:10 - Mar 18 with 628 viewsBrynmill_Jack

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 07:28 - Mar 18 by Dr_Winston

A club likely to be averaging 14/15000 gates next season spending £20m on players is the fastest way to put us right back in the same boat.

When will we learn?

I don’t think, (even if handed 30 million for James) our manager would see 2/3rds of it. Banking 20 million (debt repayment) if he got 5-10 million to spend it would make a big difference to our prospects, especially if we do manage to shift the Ayews and Baston etc.

It’s their wages that are killing us, shift the deckers on for nothing if we have to. Just get them off the books.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 11:01 - Mar 18 with 569 viewsvalleyboy

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 21:36 - Mar 17 by jasper_T

Do you honestly think that Swansea will get £20 million for Dan James for s player that there’s still a lot of work to be done on him

I would say the £10 million that Leeds were eventually proposed paying is about right. But Leeds was the wrong club to go to

Remember the exaggerated transfer fees that were talked about players leaving last summer

Those fees never materialised and as I have said before Swansea have to sell to try to balance the books and all football clubs now that
One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 11:46 - Mar 18 with 552 viewsBadlands

If we have to save £30 million - is that after losing our out of contract players?
Olsson - £1M wages (and taxes) = £3M
Naughton - £2M + £1M wages (and taxes) = £3M
Fer £1M wages (and taxes) = £1M
Routs - £1M wages (and taxes) = £1M
Narsingh - £1M wages (and taxes) = £1M
Dyer - £1.5M + £1M wages (and taxes) = £2.5M
Borja - Are we paying any part of his wages? £0.5
A Ayew - £0
Bony - Are we paying any part of his wages? £0
Montero £0

£12 million savings if players leave for reasonable fees
That leaves £18 million that really can only be recouped by selling players before we bring anyone in.
McBurnie, Celina and James might cross the line.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 11:47 - Mar 18 with 551 viewsjasper_T

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 11:01 - Mar 18 by valleyboy

Do you honestly think that Swansea will get £20 million for Dan James for s player that there’s still a lot of work to be done on him

I would say the £10 million that Leeds were eventually proposed paying is about right. But Leeds was the wrong club to go to

Remember the exaggerated transfer fees that were talked about players leaving last summer

Those fees never materialised and as I have said before Swansea have to sell to try to balance the books and all football clubs now that

He's further along than Matondo who went for £12m the other day. He's making as much/maybe more of an impact as Brooks was at Sheffield and he went for £11.5m, which is considered a bargain now (Brooks definitely the better player, though. Howe has said that if Brooks hadn't been ill for half the season he'd have "gone beyond them"). Mepham cost £15m based on 18 decent months in the Championship. Brentford know how to negotiate, fair play.

The players that left last season had no genuine value to the club as they were too expensive to keep on the books. Clubs knew that and could offer whatever they liked (Newcastle's offers for Fede the most obvious example).

We're under no specific pressure to sell DJ. His wage is affordable. He's happy to play and perform. His value will likely continue to grow. Others can and will be shown the door first.
One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 12:40 - Mar 18 with 504 viewsjack247

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 11:46 - Mar 18 by Badlands

If we have to save £30 million - is that after losing our out of contract players?
Olsson - £1M wages (and taxes) = £3M
Naughton - £2M + £1M wages (and taxes) = £3M
Fer £1M wages (and taxes) = £1M
Routs - £1M wages (and taxes) = £1M
Narsingh - £1M wages (and taxes) = £1M
Dyer - £1.5M + £1M wages (and taxes) = £2.5M
Borja - Are we paying any part of his wages? £0.5
A Ayew - £0
Bony - Are we paying any part of his wages? £0
Montero £0

£12 million savings if players leave for reasonable fees
That leaves £18 million that really can only be recouped by selling players before we bring anyone in.
McBurnie, Celina and James might cross the line.

So 7 first team players, including our three top scorers and brightest prospects from an already thin squad. Class.
One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 12:46 - Mar 18 with 499 viewssdh1412

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 23:28 - Mar 17 by majorraglan

Keep up Bony's contract expires at end of season and he is already out on loan.....He aint never coming back. Thank the lord.
One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 12:48 - Mar 18 with 494 viewsvalleyboy

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 11:47 - Mar 18 by jasper_T

He's further along than Matondo who went for £12m the other day. He's making as much/maybe more of an impact as Brooks was at Sheffield and he went for £11.5m, which is considered a bargain now (Brooks definitely the better player, though. Howe has said that if Brooks hadn't been ill for half the season he'd have "gone beyond them"). Mepham cost £15m based on 18 decent months in the Championship. Brentford know how to negotiate, fair play.

The players that left last season had no genuine value to the club as they were too expensive to keep on the books. Clubs knew that and could offer whatever they liked (Newcastle's offers for Fede the most obvious example).

We're under no specific pressure to sell DJ. His wage is affordable. He's happy to play and perform. His value will likely continue to grow. Others can and will be shown the door first.

Matondo went from Man City and they are not short of money

Brooks went from Shefiekd United and although they are not flushed with money they are not in the same financial position of Swansea

Remembering as well that Brooks has scored 6 goals already in the Premier League this season against Dan James’s 2 in the Championship

I still think the £10million valuation of James was right by Leeds

I agree that the players that left last season had no real value to Swansea, but had to be sold to get them off the books because of their high wages

This season is different

Swansea have to sell to reduce this deficit as no way will the deficit go playing in the Championship but will get that much bigger

Depending on the present deficit it will be how many players Swansea will have to sell

Also and even with seeing last years financial statement (when it comes out). No one will really know the exact position of the finances other than maybe Birch, as a lot could have happened from July of last year to the present time
One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 13:15 - Mar 18 with 467 viewsTailGunner

James just a had a fine game against the best club side in Europe probably.

Also scored a ridiculous goal which highlighted his extreme pace. All this after the reported 10m pound move broke down.

He will go to a top 6 side.
20m minimum if we don't panic in negotiations.
Can see quite a few interested which will benefit us.
One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 13:20 - Mar 18 with 461 viewsjasper_T

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 12:48 - Mar 18 by valleyboy

Matondo went from Man City and they are not short of money

Brooks went from Shefiekd United and although they are not flushed with money they are not in the same financial position of Swansea

Remembering as well that Brooks has scored 6 goals already in the Premier League this season against Dan James’s 2 in the Championship

I still think the £10million valuation of James was right by Leeds

I agree that the players that left last season had no real value to Swansea, but had to be sold to get them off the books because of their high wages

This season is different

Swansea have to sell to reduce this deficit as no way will the deficit go playing in the Championship but will get that much bigger

Depending on the present deficit it will be how many players Swansea will have to sell

Also and even with seeing last years financial statement (when it comes out). No one will really know the exact position of the finances other than maybe Birch, as a lot could have happened from July of last year to the present time

Well yeah Brooks wouldn't be £11.5m now, would he? 6 goals in the PL and some MOTM performances and he's a £30m player.

3 goals in 30 in his breakout Championship season. Nothing but a few cup games and a very short loan in the conference before that. The Toulon u20 tournament for England and a few Wales u21s appearances (one coming on as sub for DJ against Renato Sanches' Portugal). There's no big difference between where DJ is now and Brooks when he got his move.
One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 13:21 - Mar 18 with 461 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 13:15 - Mar 18 by TailGunner

James just a had a fine game against the best club side in Europe probably.

Also scored a ridiculous goal which highlighted his extreme pace. All this after the reported 10m pound move broke down.

He will go to a top 6 side.
20m minimum if we don't panic in negotiations.
Can see quite a few interested which will benefit us.

A top six side

He'll do very well to go to a club like Bournemouth or Southampton and I sincerely hope he does as we desperately need the money and I would hate to see his career stall with us.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 13:21]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 13:29 - Mar 18 with 449 viewsTailGunner

One major Negative from a Wonderful Performance. on 13:21 - Mar 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

A top six side

He'll do very well to go to a club like Bournemouth or Southampton and I sincerely hope he does as we desperately need the money and I would hate to see his career stall with us.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 13:21]

We will just have to wait and see won't we.

He's going to attract bigger clubs than Bournemouth that's for sure.

Would think his lowest level would be Wolves / Leicester / Everton and much more likely above that.

Everyone wants pace, there are signs of an improving end product also.
£20 million.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024