Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retrospective refereeing. 20:08 - Mar 16 with 5375 viewssmoulder

Cannot for the life of me understand why non Premier league clubs are not allowed the luxury of VAR for a quarter final of the FA Cup. Surely that's prejudiced, considering all games should be played on a level footing. Tonight's refereeing was disgusting two proper awful decisions, especially the penalty, the ref from an obstructed view, puts the whistle to his mouth quicker than a brass in a brothel !!
Surely some retrospective reffing could be dealt out by the dodgy decisions panel, and deduct the two incorrect goals awarded by the officials.....in the name of fair play even......ffs
Retrospective refereeing. on 20:11 - Mar 16 with 3583 viewsunion_jack

If only. Will never happen but VAR at all grounds should be a primary requirement especially from the 5th round onwards. It’s either used by all in a round or no one.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Retrospective refereeing. on 20:13 - Mar 16 with 3562 viewssainthelens

With the ref knowing there was no VAR, he knew he could award a pen without any real concern, along with the offside goal....easy cop out for a bent cvnt.
Retrospective refereeing. on 20:17 - Mar 16 with 3533 viewsjeza739

Watched the game on tv after going to the rugby so had benefit of replay. Typical big team decisions would never have been given at the other end. One of the reasons why i grew to hate PL.
Retrospective refereeing. on 20:22 - Mar 16 with 3475 viewsJackFish

It’s even worse because we have VAR at the ground and used it last season. How does it make any sense not to use it?
Retrospective refereeing. on 20:24 - Mar 16 with 3464 viewsvalleyboy

Retrospective refereeing. on 20:11 - Mar 16 by union_jack

If only. Will never happen but VAR at all grounds should be a primary requirement especially from the 5th round onwards. It’s either used by all in a round or no one.

It’s coming into force in the Premier League next season and I think it’s only a matter of time before it will be in the Championship

The Ironic fact and especially after today’s games

Manchester City voted for VAR, whereas Swansea City voted against it
Retrospective refereeing. on 20:25 - Mar 16 with 3455 viewsploppy

Retrospective refereeing. on 20:17 - Mar 16 by jeza739

Watched the game on tv after going to the rugby so had benefit of replay. Typical big team decisions would never have been given at the other end. One of the reasons why i grew to hate PL.

TBH, I don't think it's "big team decisions". It's just incompetent officiating.

Marriner was in an awful position for the pen - there's no way he had a clear view. So either he guessed, or the lino gave it. Then again, if Sterling doesn't go down like he's been shot, they don't get the pen. So basically, the pen is a combination of cheating and poor officiating. What gets me is that it probably didn't cross Marriner's mind that Sterling might have dived.

Aguero's goal is offside - plain and simple. That's the lino's fault. Again, just incompetence.
Retrospective refereeing. on 20:38 - Mar 16 with 3375 viewsGaryjack

Retrospective refereeing. on 20:25 - Mar 16 by ploppy

TBH, I don't think it's "big team decisions". It's just incompetent officiating.

Marriner was in an awful position for the pen - there's no way he had a clear view. So either he guessed, or the lino gave it. Then again, if Sterling doesn't go down like he's been shot, they don't get the pen. So basically, the pen is a combination of cheating and poor officiating. What gets me is that it probably didn't cross Marriner's mind that Sterling might have dived.

Aguero's goal is offside - plain and simple. That's the lino's fault. Again, just incompetence.

The linesman didn't raise his flag for the pen, he was in a better position, yet Mariner didn't consult him.
Retrospective refereeing. on 20:40 - Mar 16 with 3363 viewstheloneranger

Retrospective refereeing. on 20:24 - Mar 16 by valleyboy

It’s coming into force in the Premier League next season and I think it’s only a matter of time before it will be in the Championship

So how do you know Swans voted against VAR??

"A minimum of 14 clubs had to agree to the proposal for it to be requested, though the Premier League did not disclose if there were any dissenters."

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

Retrospective refereeing. on 20:42 - Mar 16 with 3354 viewsBadlands

Mariner has always been inept.
Sterling has always cheated.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Retrospective refereeing. on 20:45 - Mar 16 with 3331 viewsFireboy2

Retrospective refereeing. on 20:42 - Mar 16 by Badlands

Correct on both accounts

And to add mariner is an arrogant cvnt
Retrospective refereeing. on 20:46 - Mar 16 with 3331 viewsDewi1jack

Retrospective refereeing. on 20:42 - Mar 16 by Badlands

Must be gutting for our boys though.
Play your hearts out and get diabolical reffing like that.

Gutted because of the dodgy tvvat in the middle.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Retrospective refereeing. on 20:46 - Mar 16 with 3330 views1462jack

Valley boy Why are you on here you f@cking plumb
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 20:46]
Retrospective refereeing. on 20:50 - Mar 16 with 3319 viewsmonmouth

Retrospective refereeing. on 20:40 - Mar 16 by theloneranger

So how do you know Swans voted against VAR??

"A minimum of 14 clubs had to agree to the proposal for it to be requested, though the Premier League did not disclose if there were any dissenters."

Because he’s a total arsehole, whose life is based on trying to irritate people on here. Sad bastard,

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Retrospective refereeing. on 21:08 - Mar 16 with 3236 viewsbluey_the_blue

Retrospective refereeing. on 20:11 - Mar 16 by union_jack

So its then conditional as to how it can be enabled?

Bedlington Terriers have a magical cup run, making it to quarter-finals. Lose to Swansea due to a blatant foul by VDH, where he chops off the attackers legs with a chainsaw in the box. Ref rules it happened outside, no VAR.

Swansea then draw away to Liverpool in the semi-finals, for purposes of the example played at Anfield. VDH, emboldened by getting away with amputation tries the same thing this time on Salah. Aha! This time VAR is present, wham, Dutchie passes on the left hand side as he trots back to dressing room, Swansea eliminated after penalty given.

And... what if all teams left in fifth round don't have VAR facilitiies - it would never be used in the cup?

The problem with VAR is it's ok for the top teams who have the facilities. It's ok for leagues that are static, ie MLS. Other than that, it's a two tier approach between have and have nots which is one of the fundamental problems with VAR. A bad decision is a bad decision regardless of the level it occurs at. You can either try to make all decisions correct at all levels or just accept official errors are part of the game in the same way player errors are. A half and half approach isn't something I'm comfortable with.
Retrospective refereeing. on 21:14 - Mar 16 with 3190 viewsjeza739

Yes incompetent but as we found out in prev yrs against the big teams 50/50 calls nearly always go their way
Retrospective refereeing. on 21:24 - Mar 16 with 3141 viewsLuther27

Retrospective refereeing. on 20:22 - Mar 16 by JackFish

It’s even worse because we have VAR at the ground and used it last season. How does it make any sense not to use it?

Think it was on BBC online it was because it had been used on Man City the 4th and 5th rounds. Check it out as I'm drowning my sorrows and might be blathering shte.
Retrospective refereeing. on 21:44 - Mar 16 with 3090 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

Retrospective refereeing. on 20:24 - Mar 16 by valleyboy

Wrong mate, VAR is only used if both teams are in the PL.
Retrospective refereeing. on 21:55 - Mar 16 with 3030 viewsLeonWasGod

Retrospective refereeing. on 20:22 - Mar 16 by JackFish

And that’s the answer to the OP - we’re set up to be able to use VAR because of being in the PL last season. Most EFL clubs aren’t equipped for it. FA wanted ‘consistency’ by restricting it to PL clubs. I don’t see how that’s any more consistent than saying clubs equipped to use it could use it. But there we are, it is what it is.
Retrospective refereeing. on 21:58 - Mar 16 with 3006 viewsjewsonjack

ref gave it. the lino didn't signal at all
Retrospective refereeing. on 22:02 - Mar 16 with 2985 viewsploppy

Retrospective refereeing. on 21:58 - Mar 16 by jewsonjack

ref gave it. the lino didn't signal at all

If that's the case then it's an absolute shocker. There was no way, from his position, he could have known whether there was contact or if CCV had got the ball. There were about 4 or 5 players in a line between him and the incident - and he was on the wrong side to see if there was contact anyway. The lino had the best view - I'm guessing he bottled it.
Retrospective refereeing. on 22:08 - Mar 16 with 2952 viewsTenbySwan

One thing not mentioned about 5 city players had a right go at the officials on half time whistle in the centre circle putting immense pressure on them and possibly influencing them to even things up.
Retrospective refereeing. on 22:22 - Mar 16 with 2900 viewsGaryjack

Retrospective refereeing. on 22:08 - Mar 16 by TenbySwan

One thing not mentioned about 5 city players had a right go at the officials on half time whistle in the centre circle putting immense pressure on them and possibly influencing them to even things up.

What do you mean by 'even things up'?
Retrospective refereeing. on 22:32 - Mar 16 with 2871 viewsLuther27

Retrospective refereeing. on 22:08 - Mar 16 by TenbySwan

Ending in Laporte hitting one of ours in front of the ref ending in a yellow instead of a red card.
Retrospective refereeing. on 22:33 - Mar 16 with 2869 viewsTenbySwan

By trying to make out they had been hard done to with our pen , (even though they hadn't) they put the doubt in the mind of the referee.
Retrospective refereeing. on 22:48 - Mar 16 with 2841 viewsGaryjack

Retrospective refereeing. on 22:33 - Mar 16 by TenbySwan

By trying to make out they had been hard done to with our pen , (even though they hadn't) they put the doubt in the mind of the referee.

That's not evening things up though is it? That's a blatant attempt to infrluence the referee wouldn't you say?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024