Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Asoro 00:40 - Mar 17 with 3562 viewswestside

What the feck was he doing for the first goal ?

Was he sleeping or lazy not to close down
Asoro on 00:54 - Mar 17 with 2588 viewsdameedna

Joel has a way to go in his career to get close to the impact of Dyer.

This season has for the most part passed by Asoro.

Asoro continues to be on the fringe for a reason.

Dyer is better than him.

Never easy being in and out of a team also missing its captain.

The ball Dyer played to Celina for his goal was sublime. Perfectly waited and played him in without hesitation.

Asoro should be docked a week's wages for not playing James in when clear through on goal.
Asoro on 01:00 - Mar 17 with 2575 viewsjasper_T

There seems to be a big gulf between the defensive education our young attacking players receive and what was taught at Sunderland.

U23s players like Oli Cooper and Liam Cullen are light years beyond Asoro in terms of their closing down, cutting off channels, covering for out of position teammates etc. It's not simply effort but knowing how to do it. Asoro looked lost coming in at the start of the season. The game without the ball at his feet seemed new to him.

No wonder Sunderland got relegated.
Asoro on 10:18 - Mar 17 with 2301 viewsKilkennyjack

Playing Asoro was like playing with 10 men.

Contributed zero, in fact would have been easier with 10 men.

Beware of the Risen People

Asoro on 10:20 - Mar 17 with 2284 viewsLoyal

Asoro on 10:18 - Mar 17 by Kilkennyjack

Playing Asoro was like playing with 10 men.

Contributed zero, in fact would have been easier with 10 men.

When he was through on goal second half he only needed to square it for us to score. I see a player in there though.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Asoro on 10:27 - Mar 17 with 2258 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Can't blame him for the goal was a bad attempt of a clearance by another one of our players.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Asoro on 11:04 - Mar 17 with 2187 viewsJonTheJack

Agree with what has been said about this season passing him by. I remember watching him in pre-season and also at the start of the season proper, he was confident and had little hesitation in what he wanted to do.

There's definitely a player in there somewhere. Hoping Potter can get it out of him; I won't use this as an excuse for him because we have seen what other players can do, but he was only 19 when we signed him. He has time on his side.
Asoro on 12:39 - Mar 17 with 2067 viewsangryjack

Asoro on 10:27 - Mar 17 by felixstowe_jack

Can't blame him for the goal was a bad attempt of a clearance by another one of our players.

It was partly his fault he was cheating in footballing terms when he was too lazy to track back and pick up his man
Asoro on 12:50 - Mar 17 with 2046 viewsvalleyboy

Asoro on 10:20 - Mar 17 by Loyal

When he was through on goal second half he only needed to square it for us to score. I see a player in there though.

Yes

Just needed to square the ball to James, who was in acres of space, but instead had a feeble shot himself that went gently by, nowhere near the target.

Will never ever make the grade
Login to get fewer ads

Asoro on 13:05 - Mar 17 with 2024 viewsSwans22

Asoro was a poor signing
Asoro on 13:07 - Mar 17 with 2013 viewstheloneranger

Asoro on 12:50 - Mar 17 by valleyboy

Yes

Just needed to square the ball to James, who was in acres of space, but instead had a feeble shot himself that went gently by, nowhere near the target.

Will never ever make the grade

"but instead had a feeble shot himself that went gently by, nowhere near the target."

It went out for a corner!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Asoro on 13:48 - Mar 17 with 1945 viewsgiantstoneater

When Asuro came on we had a lot of tired legs out there including Roberts, who I think needs a rest and it was a mistake borne of tiredness from him Asuro was guilty of ball watching. Dyer perhaps should have stayed on but a lack of central midfielders on the bench Routledge more comfortable in a central position. Asuro should have passed to Dan earlier but his lack of a good first touch undid him but Loyal may be right that there's a player in there somewhere but that is up to how much he's willing to learn. The sad thing for me is now weak we are now in what was our strongest dept in midfield, Thanks Yanks!!
Asoro on 13:57 - Mar 17 with 1921 viewsvalleyboy

Asoro on 13:07 - Mar 17 by theloneranger

"but instead had a feeble shot himself that went gently by, nowhere near the target."

It went out for a corner!

So it gently went out for a corner

When he had a chance to square the ball to James who was acres in space who would have possibly scored

You can argue as much as you want, like you have done since Asoro signed for the Swans

Asoro is a poor signing and a very poor signing at that. Like I kept telling you over and over in postings we had, from the day he was signed
Asoro on 14:08 - Mar 17 with 1910 viewstheloneranger

Asoro on 13:57 - Mar 17 by valleyboy

When he had a chance to square the ball to James who was acres in space who would have possibly scored

You can argue as much as you want, like you have done since Asoro signed for the Swans

Asoro is a poor signing and a very poor signing at that. Like I kept telling you over and over in postings we had, from the day he was signed

WTF ...

Haydn, that's the first time I've ever mentioned Asoro since he's signed ...

You continually come up with statements blatantly untrue and out of sync with what the thread is all about.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Asoro on 22:01 - Mar 17 with 1671 viewsswanforthemoney

Yeah we should have brought on a Stirling or an Aguero

I stand in the North Stand

Asoro on 22:28 - Mar 17 with 1637 viewsbuilthjack

He actually won the first 3 headers when he outjumped their £35m man.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Asoro on 22:37 - Mar 17 with 1624 viewsnantywatcher

Asoro on 13:57 - Mar 17 by valleyboy

You really are a numpty, who wouldn't know the difference between a football or a mothball. Clueless!
Asoro on 22:42 - Mar 17 with 1610 viewsLuther27

Let's give the kid a chance. He's got hellish pace...but he needs coaching and guidance. I think he was signed originally for our U23 squad so was a work in progress.
Asoro on 22:50 - Mar 17 with 1597 viewsjasper_T

Asoro on 22:42 - Mar 17 by Luther27

Let's give the kid a chance. He's got hellish pace...but he needs coaching and guidance. I think he was signed originally for our U23 squad so was a work in progress.

Played 26 times at this level last season and cost £2m. He wasn't signed for our u23s team.
Asoro on 22:54 - Mar 17 with 1588 viewsBadlands

Asoro getting a pasting for not picking out James yet Dan does that several times a game!
James is far more dynamic and deserving of game time but fair play ....

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Asoro on 22:55 - Mar 17 with 1588 viewsLuther27

Asoro on 22:50 - Mar 17 by jasper_T

Played 26 times at this level last season and cost £2m. He wasn't signed for our u23s team.

Not sure about that...I was under the impression that he was brought in along free signing Dandha as a prospect intermingled with first team exposure. Asoro hasn't settled yet, so he might take a bit of work. Either way we should preserver with him.
Asoro on 23:03 - Mar 17 with 1577 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Asoro on 22:55 - Mar 17 by Luther27

Not sure about that...I was under the impression that he was brought in along free signing Dandha as a prospect intermingled with first team exposure. Asoro hasn't settled yet, so he might take a bit of work. Either way we should preserver with him.

We didn't blow £2m on U23 signings when we were in the Premier League. Do you genuinely believe we spent almost half our transfer budget for the season on squad player for the U23s?

He's a player Potter claimed he has tracked for years. He was deemed surplus to requirements by a team in League 1.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Asoro on 23:03 - Mar 17 with 1577 viewsBadlands

I thought that too.
He was certainly prominent in the pre-season tour.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Asoro on 23:12 - Mar 17 with 1569 viewsjasper_T

It's a very strange impression in context. We've never spent that amount on an u23s player (both the fee and his sizeable wage) and had just been relegated. He was a first team player at a League One side.

By all appearances he was bought as a player who could make an immediate impact, carrying right on from what he'd been doing for Sunderland. Not the finished article but match-ready, as Potter's early selections suggest. Dhanda by comparison only went on the preseason tour due to the injury to Byers and said when he signed he was here to play for the u23s and hopefully earn the chance to train with the first team during the season.

The Dhanda deal was pretty much sorted before we were relegated iirc, while Potter all-but took credit for Asoro when he talked about how he and Macaulay had been tracking him for years.
Asoro on 23:30 - Mar 17 with 1546 viewsLuther27

Asoro on 23:03 - Mar 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We didn't blow £2m on U23 signings when we were in the Premier League. Do you genuinely believe we spent almost half our transfer budget for the season on squad player for the U23s?

He's a player Potter claimed he has tracked for years. He was deemed surplus to requirements by a team in League 1.

A team like us who were desperate to offload. Yes he was tracked because he is a Swedish international, but he needed time to be eased into Championship football and not thrown in at the deep end which happened with Sunderland.
I still say give him time. Let him acclimatise to our club. He's in good hands with Toshack et all.
Asoro on 23:38 - Mar 17 with 1541 viewsvalleyboy

Asoro on 14:08 - Mar 17 by theloneranger

WTF ...

Haydn, that's the first time I've ever mentioned Asoro since he's signed ...

You continually come up with statements blatantly untrue and out of sync with what the thread is all about.

Go back and have a look at page108 on this site

Started by EU5Makveli

Especially aroundabout pages 4-5 and read what you wrote about him then our subsequent postings Berenice ourselves

I said then he was a bad buy and a waste of money and I haven’t changed my mind
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024