Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Future loan signings...re weekend 14:12 - Mar 18 with 2615 viewsThrasher6

One thing to come out of the FA Cup performance and many others this season is that it might...not holding my breath.....it just might result in some of the top teams wanting to send their talented youngsters out on loan to us next season. It could be one way to overcome the limited budget. Just a thought...and no jokes about Sanches...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Future loan signings...re weekend on 14:17 - Mar 18 with 2582 viewsandypitt56

It will have definitely raised the profile on what Graham Potter is doing. However loans still require funds and there is little evidence that the Americans will put money in. More likely to see interest in our better players.
Future loan signings...re weekend on 15:55 - Mar 18 with 2356 viewsBadlands

Potter did use the loan market well in Sweden but the players who came in were not world beaters just solid and reliable.

Realistically we should be looking at another season improving in the Championship with Potter.

We need to keep, IMO, Mulder with MVDH and Routledge or Naughton as senior players and maybe bring in one more with experience.
We will sell players - McBurnie, James and Celina are the high value players who will probably have to go to balance the books.

And while I have been critical of the Unders in terms of Premier League I would be happy if several made the grade for us next season as regular starters or heavily involved.

Steven Benda, Cian Harris, Yan Dhanda, Tyler Reid, Adam King, Jordan Garrick, Keston Davies, Brandon Cooper, Jordi Govea, Liam Cullen, Benjamon Cabango, Joe Lewis,
With occasional appearances by Simon Paulet, Kees de Boer, Adnan Maric and even Tivonge Rushesha, Oil Cooper and Jayden Reid,

Get over the, 'we should be in the Premier League' attitude and we have an exciting time ahead of us.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 15:59]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Future loan signings...re weekend on 16:20 - Mar 18 with 2294 viewsjasper_T

The Reids are out of contract and should be released imo. King the same. Not good enough and not going to be.
Future loan signings...re weekend on 16:44 - Mar 18 with 2238 viewsOldjack

Future loan signings...re weekend on 15:55 - Mar 18 by Badlands

Potter did use the loan market well in Sweden but the players who came in were not world beaters just solid and reliable.

Realistically we should be looking at another season improving in the Championship with Potter.

We need to keep, IMO, Mulder with MVDH and Routledge or Naughton as senior players and maybe bring in one more with experience.
We will sell players - McBurnie, James and Celina are the high value players who will probably have to go to balance the books.

And while I have been critical of the Unders in terms of Premier League I would be happy if several made the grade for us next season as regular starters or heavily involved.

Steven Benda, Cian Harris, Yan Dhanda, Tyler Reid, Adam King, Jordan Garrick, Keston Davies, Brandon Cooper, Jordi Govea, Liam Cullen, Benjamon Cabango, Joe Lewis,
With occasional appearances by Simon Paulet, Kees de Boer, Adnan Maric and even Tivonge Rushesha, Oil Cooper and Jayden Reid,

Get over the, 'we should be in the Premier League' attitude and we have an exciting time ahead of us.

Getting rid of McBurnie, James and Celina will be suicide and they're not on prem wages so there's no need. Carrying on ripping the team up and down we will go

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Future loan signings...re weekend on 17:07 - Mar 18 with 2193 viewslonglostjack

Future loan signings...re weekend on 16:44 - Mar 18 by Oldjack

Getting rid of McBurnie, James and Celina will be suicide and they're not on prem wages so there's no need. Carrying on ripping the team up and down we will go

Exactly! Well said. I’ll give the Yanks this - they’ve successfully managed expectations. Let’s see the figures.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Future loan signings...re weekend on 17:10 - Mar 18 with 2183 viewsploppy

Pep likes the way we play and they certainly owe us a favour or two.
Future loan signings...re weekend on 17:47 - Mar 18 with 2114 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I do not think McBurnie is worth as much as many think he is. James will be worth a lot. Robert's value will have plummeted this season and I think Celina is another who would struggle to attract any large bids.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Future loan signings...re weekend on 17:51 - Mar 18 with 2108 viewsJackfath

Future loan signings...re weekend on 17:47 - Mar 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I do not think McBurnie is worth as much as many think he is. James will be worth a lot. Robert's value will have plummeted this season and I think Celina is another who would struggle to attract any large bids.

Can you furnish us with your valuation estimations for the players you mention, Dwight?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Future loan signings...re weekend on 17:56 - Mar 18 with 2089 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Future loan signings...re weekend on 17:51 - Mar 18 by Jackfath

Can you furnish us with your valuation estimations for the players you mention, Dwight?

I would be happy to. McBurnie and Roberts looked out of their depth in the Premier League so I'd only imagine second tier clubs would be interested in both. McBurnie looks lost without a person next to him yet so few teams play with two up front so that rules most out.

Roberts looks to be a good second tier wing back. How many second tier clubs pay big money for a wing back? Not many.

I think McBurnie would go for about £3m, Roberts around £5m and James anywhere between £10-15m this Summer judging by what other similar players went for recently.

Future loan signings...re weekend on 17:57 - Mar 18 with 2084 viewsJackfath

Future loan signings...re weekend on 17:56 - Mar 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I would be happy to. McBurnie and Roberts looked out of their depth in the Premier League so I'd only imagine second tier clubs would be interested in both. McBurnie looks lost without a person next to him yet so few teams play with two up front so that rules most out.

Roberts looks to be a good second tier wing back. How many second tier clubs pay big money for a wing back? Not many.

I think McBurnie would go for about £3m, Roberts around £5m and James anywhere between £10-15m this Summer judging by what other similar players went for recently.

I appreciate your answer. I found it informative and insightful. Thank you.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Future loan signings...re weekend on 18:00 - Mar 18 with 2068 viewsJoe_bradshaw

No point selling a 20 goal a season Championship striker for £3M whilst we remain in the Championship.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Future loan signings...re weekend on 18:01 - Mar 18 with 2058 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Future loan signings...re weekend on 18:00 - Mar 18 by Joe_bradshaw

No point selling a 20 goal a season Championship striker for £3M whilst we remain in the Championship.

We'll have little choice if Rangers enquire.

Future loan signings...re weekend on 18:21 - Mar 18 with 2015 viewsSwansea93

Future loan signings...re weekend on 18:01 - Mar 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We'll have little choice if Rangers enquire.

The same Rangers he had a chance to go to but decided to sign a new deal here instead?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Future loan signings...re weekend on 18:58 - Mar 18 with 1955 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Future loan signings...re weekend on 18:21 - Mar 18 by Swansea93

The same Rangers he had a chance to go to but decided to sign a new deal here instead?

A lot has changed. I doubt he signed the contract knowing he was committing himself to a club battling to avoid relegation to League 1.

Future loan signings...re weekend on 19:42 - Mar 18 with 1873 viewsjasper_T

I don't think McBurnie is worth a massive amount either but he's the sort of player we might fool a club over. He has his fans given his stats.

A tricky player to accommodate in a system. One of Potter's nicer headaches.
Future loan signings...re weekend on 20:19 - Mar 18 with 1797 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Good post Alan. I would prefer to sell McBurnie (if the money was right of course) and get a continental style target man in . Someone with a big physical presence , good hold up skills and good in the air.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Future loan signings...re weekend on 20:20 - Mar 18 with 1794 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Future loan signings...re weekend on 19:42 - Mar 18 by jasper_T

I don't think McBurnie is worth a massive amount either but he's the sort of player we might fool a club over. He has his fans given his stats.

A tricky player to accommodate in a system. One of Potter's nicer headaches.

Agreed. Some club will fall for it.

Future loan signings...re weekend on 23:12 - Mar 18 with 1618 viewsjackrmee

I really like McBurnie and should do our best to keep him. Obviously, stupid money and I'd change my mind.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Future loan signings...re weekend on 00:42 - Mar 19 with 1539 viewstheloneranger

Future loan signings...re weekend on 20:19 - Mar 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Good post Alan. I would prefer to sell McBurnie (if the money was right of course) and get a continental style target man in . Someone with a big physical presence , good hold up skills and good in the air.

Someone like a "Continental Wardrobe" . ..??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Future loan signings...re weekend on 06:35 - Mar 19 with 1452 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Future loan signings...re weekend on 00:42 - Mar 19 by theloneranger

Someone like a "Continental Wardrobe" . ..??

Absolutely spot on!

Future loan signings...re weekend on 12:13 - Mar 19 with 1290 viewsBadlands

Future loan signings...re weekend on 17:56 - Mar 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Agree with much of that but times change and all McBurnie and Roberts have been very good at this level which will attract bigger pay cheques and transfer fees.
I also think Birch has the background to squeeze every penny out of transfers
James, again only my opinion, is an odd one. I don't believe he would rip up the PL the way some suggest. He's fast and at times tricky but his final ball is lacking.
Robert had only a short time in the PL and was only out of his depth against the very best - he has now had a full season an, IMO, when play as a full back is vey good.
Any player in the Championship who scores around 20 goals will draw a decent offer.
Celina might struggle in the PL but would excel at a top European club.
Yes, I want them all to stay but if we have to cut our cloth for long term survival these are the players who will leave.
I'd look at accepting any bid over £10 million for James. Brentford winger Ollie Watkins has 9 goals and 8 assists to his name and his market value is around £7 million and would sell for round £10 million.
McBurnie's goals and work rate would attract offers of around £12 - 15 million (looking at someone like Afobe and what he cost Stoke McBurnie is easily in that category, and I have to admit he has surprised me even if he does miss loads).
Roberts - a regular with PL and international experience £5-6 million.
Celina around £6-8 million.

Another player who isn't being mentioned is Joe Rodon. With Man City sniffing at the end of last year he could well be a player of interest to other clubs and a fair price.

If these players were to leave I believe we'd replace them with players from the academy.

Future loan signings...re weekend on 14:38 - Mar 19 with 1161 viewsLoyal

OP is spot on.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Future loan signings...re weekend on 10:56 - Mar 21 with 787 viewsvalleyboy

So how are you going to reduce the deficit if you don’t sell players then???

The deficit normally goes up when in the Championship

Why do you think Birch is in Swansea???
Future loan signings...re weekend on 11:05 - Mar 21 with 779 viewsvalleyboy

Well I must say.

That is a balance approach to the problems in Swansea

I stopped watching what I call the reserves, when they moved from Port Talbot to Llanelli but what I have seen of them on TV. I would say there are some of the under 23’s that could make it to the squad for next season, but not as many as you have quoted

Was it you that was saying that Asoro is now where Dan James was last season

But no mention of his name in your posting
Future loan signings...re weekend on 19:13 - Mar 21 with 634 viewsBadlands

Future loan signings...re weekend on 11:05 - Mar 21 by valleyboy

Well I must say.

That is a balance approach to the problems in Swansea

I stopped watching what I call the reserves, when they moved from Port Talbot to Llanelli but what I have seen of them on TV. I would say there are some of the under 23’s that could make it to the squad for next season, but not as many as you have quoted

Was it you that was saying that Asoro is now where Dan James was last season

But no mention of his name in your posting

I didn't mean all would be in the first team squad but all could play a part and be brought in for first team experience as happened with Keston Davies and Tyler Reid.
And it would be a team to gain promotion (that would come the following season )
Missing Asoro was an oversight.

Steven Benda - reserve keeper
Cian Harris, - third choice CB
Yan Dhanda, - regular
Tyler Reid, - regular bench
Adam King, - regular bench with increasing time through the season
Jordi Govea, if fit a regular by the end of the season
Benjamon Cabango, Joe Lewis - regular benchers with increasing game time.
Garrick, Keston Davies, Brandon Cooper, Liam Cullen, Benjamon Cabango, Joe Lewis irregular bench and occasional first team.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2019 19:50]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024