Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Rugger. 18:54 - Mar 18 with 2643 viewslifelong

I realise the Welsh team have done well by winning the grand slam, but the fuss they are making about it on BBC Wales....
The Rugger. on 21:32 - Mar 23 with 456 viewsunion_jack

The Rugger. on 20:01 - Mar 23 by dickythorpe

I get what you are saying but look at the disposable income of top flight rugby fans in England.
I was in Bath last night and this morning and you can smell the cash of all the hooray Henry' supporters.
A few can't believe the 4 regions aren't in with them in an Anglo Welsh league. But they see the lack of money and low attendances and they wouldn't be able to compete in chasing the star names to play for them.

Fair point, but presently the appetite for regional rugby in Wales is not there. I don’t think it would be brilliant (better Yes) if we were still playing as Swansea, Neath etc.

Of course, with international stars playing because of the money in the game, more interest would be seen but the likes of Leicester have always had football type crowd sizes.

I’d love to see the regions in with the Premiership sides. It would add a bit if spice which would see the crowds returning. But that ship has sailed maybe.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Rugger. on 22:03 - Mar 23 with 440 viewsdickythorpe

The old club system saw hopeless miss matches. Swansea v Tredegar, Llanelli v South Wales Police etc etc
The English teams got fed up with 2nd XV'S being sent up by the likes of Swansea and Llanelli. Even the Barbarian fixtures finished as established internationals playing for them turned up to at against under 21 sides.
Now we have regions and I find it crazy we have 4 , 3 would I think be accepted into what we all the English premiership. Newport and Cardiff closer to Bath than Llanelli , so forget the mumblings of travel.
I wouldn't rule anything out as the 2 Scottish regions are playing well and Ireland would always want to test themselves.
A British and Irish league must be something that has been discussed in recent months.
The Rugger. on 22:30 - Mar 23 with 417 viewsunion_jack

The Rugger. on 22:03 - Mar 23 by dickythorpe

The old club system saw hopeless miss matches. Swansea v Tredegar, Llanelli v South Wales Police etc etc
The English teams got fed up with 2nd XV'S being sent up by the likes of Swansea and Llanelli. Even the Barbarian fixtures finished as established internationals playing for them turned up to at against under 21 sides.
Now we have regions and I find it crazy we have 4 , 3 would I think be accepted into what we all the English premiership. Newport and Cardiff closer to Bath than Llanelli , so forget the mumblings of travel.
I wouldn't rule anything out as the 2 Scottish regions are playing well and Ireland would always want to test themselves.
A British and Irish league must be something that has been discussed in recent months.

It would be a money spinner for sure.

What are your views on who the three regions should be?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Rugger. on 10:23 - Mar 24 with 353 viewsdickythorpe

I suppose I would have West, south and east. Boring in know but it's where the history of the game has been.
With no disrespect to the North there is no first class history of clubs. Why would the WRU even think of a region there that would be packed full of lads from down here and journeymen overseas players ?

Ah well it all boils down to money, ambition, togetherness and timing.

I still reckon even English championship teams would be willing to play us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024