Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. 19:17 - Mar 19 with 18388 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The plot thickens...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47626855

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:16 - Mar 20 with 2275 viewsGaryjack

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 20:33 - Mar 20 by bluey_the_blue

You claim it's "wriggling out". First duty of any director is to the financial wellbeing of the company ( yes, I know, football lol ).

What has emerged since the deal has raised a lot of very serious questions about the deal that need answering.

Sala did not want to leave initially. Nantes chairman wanted a deal, engaged McKay senior - who had no agent licence. Nantes were raided police looking into financial issues surrounding chairman. McKay email to Sala was released which contained a number of false claims - arguably fraud. Everything else about the flights added in...

I've little doubt legal advice was not to pay until all the questions raise were answered.

If it turns out there were legal irregularities, fraud around the transfer would you still say "ah well, pay up?"

Erm yes. You agreed the transfer fee, and he signed a contract with Cardiff City. Any financial irregularites surrounding Nantes or Mckay is irrelevant, and for the relevant authorities to investigate.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2019 21:24]
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:23 - Mar 20 with 2261 viewsBluebird

Cardiff have stated they are willing to pay when everything is looked into. When i don't know as i stopped reading about the topic ages ago.
I prefer to wait and see now rather than read all the different stories..
Few on here just clutching at straws because their just bitter about Cardiff.
Nobody outside the clubs know much just people jumping to conclusions to suit their agenda.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 22:10 - Mar 20 with 2225 viewsGaryjack

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:23 - Mar 20 by Bluebird

Cardiff have stated they are willing to pay when everything is looked into. When i don't know as i stopped reading about the topic ages ago.
Nobody outside the clubs know much just people jumping to conclusions to suit their agenda.

The only ones clutching at straws are Cardiff City mate. If Sala had made it to Cardiff on that that fateful night, there wouldn't have been a problem, and any investigation (if there would have been one) would have involved Nantes and Mckay. You would have paid the transfer fee and he would be playing for you. The fact that you haven't paid is quite simple. He's dead! And now CCFC are trying to wriggle out of paying what you'd agreed to for whatever reason. Probably because the club had yet to insure him? Who knows on that score.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 10:17 - Mar 21 with 2100 viewsBluebird

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 22:10 - Mar 20 by Garyjack

The only ones clutching at straws are Cardiff City mate. If Sala had made it to Cardiff on that that fateful night, there wouldn't have been a problem, and any investigation (if there would have been one) would have involved Nantes and Mckay. You would have paid the transfer fee and he would be playing for you. The fact that you haven't paid is quite simple. He's dead! And now CCFC are trying to wriggle out of paying what you'd agreed to for whatever reason. Probably because the club had yet to insure him? Who knows on that score.

I agree. In my opinion Cardiff should pay up but like I said I don’t read anything on the subject anymore so unsure what the latest is. Neither can anyone say that their club would act differently in the same situation.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 12:51 - Mar 21 with 2051 viewsLoyal

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:23 - Mar 20 by Bluebird

Not bitter about Cardiff, jeez. Whats there to be bitter about ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 14:25 - Mar 21 with 2017 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:07 - Mar 20 by NeathJack

Lets stop with the nonsense here is it?

Cardiff City are trying to renege on the deal not because of any possible fraud or dodgy agents, but only because the player died and it doesn't appear he was insured.

All those other things happened before his death and not a single one would have been mentioned if he was still alive today.

If he had turned up as expected and scored a goal a game you wouldn’t hear a peep. Such hypocrisy.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 19:36 - Mar 24 with 1814 viewssherpajacob

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/exclusive-cardiff-city-plan-to-te

Classy stuff, will all the fans now sing songs and hold up banners saying "never a bluebird."

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 19:39 - Mar 24 with 1804 viewsDr_Winston

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:07 - Mar 20 by NeathJack

Lets stop with the nonsense here is it?

Cardiff City are trying to renege on the deal not because of any possible fraud or dodgy agents, but only because the player died and it doesn't appear he was insured.

All those other things happened before his death and not a single one would have been mentioned if he was still alive today.

Exactly this.

A club run like c*nts, supported by c*nts, acting like c*nts.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 19:47 - Mar 24 with 1780 viewsvetchonian

Can't wait to see what valley boy has to say about this

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 20:00 - Mar 24 with 1750 viewsoldcob

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 19:36 - Mar 24 by sherpajacob

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/exclusive-cardiff-city-plan-to-te

Classy stuff, will all the fans now sing songs and hold up banners saying "never a bluebird."

This will go all around the world, everywhere football is played. This will leave a stain on the character of Welsh football for the uninitiated, when our capital city club indulges in such behaviour as this.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 20:01]
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 20:12 - Mar 24 with 1712 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 20:00 - Mar 24 by oldcob

This will go all around the world, everywhere football is played. This will leave a stain on the character of Welsh football for the uninitiated, when our capital city club indulges in such behaviour as this.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 20:01]

Right, so you didn't bother reading or understanding the article.

It helps to have the background on this. Sala did not want to move, Nantes were making the effort as their chairman wanted the money - the same chairman being investigated for tax offences.

Nantes put in place a clause that the deal had to be completed by a certain time - their clause, their idea. I suspect Sala and his representative wanted the signing on fee front load to sweeten him leaving Nantes. Maybe a common thing outside Prem, who knows?

That contravened Prem rules. Fine, let's get it sorted and Sala signs corrected contract. Oh wait, that can't happen due to him dying - and there's no guarantee he would have agreed to spread the signing on fee over the course of the contract. We'll now never know.

It's good to know the sad and avoidable death of someone is used to score points irrespective of facts. Nantes have their case, we have ours, let FIFA decide.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 20:36 - Mar 24 with 1667 viewsplasjack

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 19:39 - Mar 24 by Dr_Winston

Exactly this.

A club run like c*nts, supported by c*nts, acting like c*nts.

If a points reduction was in for incompetence it would mean relegation, too L1 next season.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 20:39 - Mar 24 with 1656 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 20:36 - Mar 24 by plasjack

If a points reduction was in for incompetence it would mean relegation, too L1 next season.

Glass houses and all that.

I remember those of you claiming Tan was taking money out of the club, that you were far better run as your board was made up of fans.

Sorry for the low blow.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 20:45 - Mar 24 with 1635 viewsplasjack

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 20:39 - Mar 24 by bluey_the_blue

Glass houses and all that.

I remember those of you claiming Tan was taking money out of the club, that you were far better run as your board was made up of fans.

Sorry for the low blow.

You are still in debt to your owner, we in fact are still debt free as far as I know to our owners.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 20:56 - Mar 24 with 1594 viewsDr_Winston

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 20:12 - Mar 24 by bluey_the_blue

Right, so you didn't bother reading or understanding the article.

It helps to have the background on this. Sala did not want to move, Nantes were making the effort as their chairman wanted the money - the same chairman being investigated for tax offences.

Nantes put in place a clause that the deal had to be completed by a certain time - their clause, their idea. I suspect Sala and his representative wanted the signing on fee front load to sweeten him leaving Nantes. Maybe a common thing outside Prem, who knows?

That contravened Prem rules. Fine, let's get it sorted and Sala signs corrected contract. Oh wait, that can't happen due to him dying - and there's no guarantee he would have agreed to spread the signing on fee over the course of the contract. We'll now never know.

It's good to know the sad and avoidable death of someone is used to score points irrespective of facts. Nantes have their case, we have ours, let FIFA decide.

You signed a player. Player died before even completing a training session for you. You're trying to get out of paying for said player.

Everything else is window dressing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 20:56 - Mar 24 with 1593 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 20:45 - Mar 24 by plasjack

You are still in debt to your owner, we in fact are still debt free as far as I know to our owners.

Think you'll find that's more a factor of your owners not putting a single penny in.

Tan has routinely and regularly converted debt to equity. Sure, still a debt to him but manageable.

Sure, you've no debt to your owners but once they run out of things to sell to balance the books, what then?
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 20:57 - Mar 24 with 1590 viewsexhmrc1

Bluey you always used to be a sensible poster. On this your sense has departed you. If the contract didnt meet Premier league rules the only body responsible is your lot. Nantes are a French club they would know nothing about premier league rules. They only needed to meet the rules of an international transfer which they did. Submitted to the Welsh FA and onwards. The fact he couldnt play in the Premier league doesnt matter. He was transferred in accordance with international rules. The fact you agreed a deal which broke premier league rules means the buck stops with you and I assume Choo in particular. Your failure to get another premier league contract signed is again your fault. Sala was entitled to play in any games other than those which came under the Premier league jurisdiction so he was a Cardiff player as Warnock and Choo continually claimed.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:03 - Mar 24 with 1571 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 20:57 - Mar 24 by exhmrc1

Bluey you always used to be a sensible poster. On this your sense has departed you. If the contract didnt meet Premier league rules the only body responsible is your lot. Nantes are a French club they would know nothing about premier league rules. They only needed to meet the rules of an international transfer which they did. Submitted to the Welsh FA and onwards. The fact he couldnt play in the Premier league doesnt matter. He was transferred in accordance with international rules. The fact you agreed a deal which broke premier league rules means the buck stops with you and I assume Choo in particular. Your failure to get another premier league contract signed is again your fault. Sala was entitled to play in any games other than those which came under the Premier league jurisdiction so he was a Cardiff player as Warnock and Choo continually claimed.

Nantes put in a clause that the deal had to be fully completed by 22nd March. Nantes engaged a non authorised agent in McKay, not us. Actions of said non authorised agent led to the death of Sala. That's why the contract was unable to be re-signed - and nothing to do with any of our actions. On that basis, he was still a contracted Nantes employee will be what I presume the legal advice received was.

It seems strange to me that it seems a contract of employment in't enough in football, authorities also have to agree it's valid. I did read somewhere international transfers do periodically get contract issues like this arise. The Sala deal at one point was off over small issues - I suspect the sticking point was wanting the signing on fee up front rather than spread over contract given Sala did not want to move.

As I said, let FIFA make the decision based upon the facts rather than speculation.

EDIT:

To clarify, I'm not advocating not paying. I'm saying there's a lot around the whole transfer that stinks to high heaven, mostly stemming from Mackay's own released emails.

Regardless of the validity of the case either way, I'm fully expecting the ruling to be we need to pay. If there was wrongdoing involved, I sense it's a can off worms FIFA would not want to touch with a bargepole.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 21:07]
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:07 - Mar 24 with 1560 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:03 - Mar 24 by bluey_the_blue

Nantes put in a clause that the deal had to be fully completed by 22nd March. Nantes engaged a non authorised agent in McKay, not us. Actions of said non authorised agent led to the death of Sala. That's why the contract was unable to be re-signed - and nothing to do with any of our actions. On that basis, he was still a contracted Nantes employee will be what I presume the legal advice received was.

It seems strange to me that it seems a contract of employment in't enough in football, authorities also have to agree it's valid. I did read somewhere international transfers do periodically get contract issues like this arise. The Sala deal at one point was off over small issues - I suspect the sticking point was wanting the signing on fee up front rather than spread over contract given Sala did not want to move.

As I said, let FIFA make the decision based upon the facts rather than speculation.

EDIT:

To clarify, I'm not advocating not paying. I'm saying there's a lot around the whole transfer that stinks to high heaven, mostly stemming from Mackay's own released emails.

Regardless of the validity of the case either way, I'm fully expecting the ruling to be we need to pay. If there was wrongdoing involved, I sense it's a can off worms FIFA would not want to touch with a bargepole.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 21:07]

You just keep clutching at them straws lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:08 - Mar 24 with 1558 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:07 - Mar 24 by Brynmill_Jack

You just keep clutching at them straws lol

I editted before your reply.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:08 - Mar 24 with 1556 viewsplasjack

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 20:56 - Mar 24 by bluey_the_blue

Think you'll find that's more a factor of your owners not putting a single penny in.

Tan has routinely and regularly converted debt to equity. Sure, still a debt to him but manageable.

Sure, you've no debt to your owners but once they run out of things to sell to balance the books, what then?

Once Tan gets fed up of being a sugar daddy, who knows.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:12 - Mar 24 with 1541 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:08 - Mar 24 by plasjack

Once Tan gets fed up of being a sugar daddy, who knows.

Agreed. I suspect the whole approach is try to get a few stable years in Prem, have debt fully converted to equity then sell. Until then, he will fund as necessary to a degree.

Your problem is you've owners who won't put a penny in under any circumstances, seem to want to sell whatever they can to keep club running as a result. When you run out of things to sell, then there's a major problem - best hope is trust fund sell club on to minimise their losses.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:17 - Mar 24 with 1518 viewsplasjack

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:12 - Mar 24 by bluey_the_blue

Agreed. I suspect the whole approach is try to get a few stable years in Prem, have debt fully converted to equity then sell. Until then, he will fund as necessary to a degree.

Your problem is you've owners who won't put a penny in under any circumstances, seem to want to sell whatever they can to keep club running as a result. When you run out of things to sell, then there's a major problem - best hope is trust fund sell club on to minimise their losses.

We had 7 years in the prem, you as a small capital city have no chance.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:18 - Mar 24 with 1513 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:17 - Mar 24 by plasjack

We had 7 years in the prem, you as a small capital city have no chance.

Maybe , maybe not. Who knows, it's a funny old game. If Burnley lose to Wolves we're suddenly in a good spot with the points gap not extending, games in hand and still to play Burnley.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:24 - Mar 24 with 1497 viewsplasjack

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:18 - Mar 24 by bluey_the_blue

Maybe , maybe not. Who knows, it's a funny old game. If Burnley lose to Wolves we're suddenly in a good spot with the points gap not extending, games in hand and still to play Burnley.

If you do perform the miracle, you need a cash injection more than the P/L money to keep you there, ageing squad with loan players going back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024