Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. 19:17 - Mar 19 with 18588 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The plot thickens...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47626855

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:31 - Mar 24 with 2199 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:24 - Mar 24 by plasjack

If you do perform the miracle, you need a cash injection more than the P/L money to keep you there, ageing squad with loan players going back.

Well, tbh think it would be more than that personally. We've an aging defence. If we stay up, then there's a chance Arter may join. Camarasa's girlfriend loves Cardiff, used to be a student here so there's a chance we could buy him if his club want to sell.

Each season we stay up it'll be a major fight. Of course, cash isn't everything, see Fulham. Right now what we're doing is kinda prudent, hedging the bets by not spending big this season.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:34 - Mar 24 with 2187 viewsplasjack

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:31 - Mar 24 by bluey_the_blue

Well, tbh think it would be more than that personally. We've an aging defence. If we stay up, then there's a chance Arter may join. Camarasa's girlfriend loves Cardiff, used to be a student here so there's a chance we could buy him if his club want to sell.

Each season we stay up it'll be a major fight. Of course, cash isn't everything, see Fulham. Right now what we're doing is kinda prudent, hedging the bets by not spending big this season.

Failing that you could fall back on your academy.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:36 - Mar 24 with 2179 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:34 - Mar 24 by plasjack

Failing that you could fall back on your academy.

we've some decent individuals coming through. Not sure Warnock trusts younger players that much though. Suspect that'll change when/if Bellamy takes over.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:37 - Mar 24 with 2175 viewsblackflyingswan

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6844855/Cardiff-claim-trans
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:39 - Mar 24 with 2169 viewsplasjack

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:36 - Mar 24 by bluey_the_blue

we've some decent individuals coming through. Not sure Warnock trusts younger players that much though. Suspect that'll change when/if Bellamy takes over.

No players for Wales today?.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:50 - Mar 24 with 2137 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:39 - Mar 24 by plasjack

No players for Wales today?.

Matondo, Gunter and John were on bench.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:54 - Mar 24 with 2128 viewsunion_jack

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:37 - Mar 24 by blackflyingswan

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6844855/Cardiff-claim-trans

Reading the comments at the bottom of that article shows just how unpopular our ‘friends’ up the road are!🤣

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:56 - Mar 24 with 2127 viewslifelong

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:50 - Mar 24 by bluey_the_blue

Capital City in the Premier League not having a player starting in the National side...pretty shabby.
Login to get fewer ads

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:57 - Mar 24 with 2126 viewsexhmrc1

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:03 - Mar 24 by bluey_the_blue

Nantes put in a clause that the deal had to be fully completed by 22nd March. Nantes engaged a non authorised agent in McKay, not us. Actions of said non authorised agent led to the death of Sala. That's why the contract was unable to be re-signed - and nothing to do with any of our actions. On that basis, he was still a contracted Nantes employee will be what I presume the legal advice received was.

It seems strange to me that it seems a contract of employment in't enough in football, authorities also have to agree it's valid. I did read somewhere international transfers do periodically get contract issues like this arise. The Sala deal at one point was off over small issues - I suspect the sticking point was wanting the signing on fee up front rather than spread over contract given Sala did not want to move.

As I said, let FIFA make the decision based upon the facts rather than speculation.

EDIT:

To clarify, I'm not advocating not paying. I'm saying there's a lot around the whole transfer that stinks to high heaven, mostly stemming from Mackay's own released emails.

Regardless of the validity of the case either way, I'm fully expecting the ruling to be we need to pay. If there was wrongdoing involved, I sense it's a can off worms FIFA would not want to touch with a bargepole.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 21:07]

If I bought an electric drill from you for use outside where there was no electricity then it isnt your fault but mine as it was up to me to make sure it fitted the purpose I needed it for. The same applies here. It was for Cardiff City FC not Nantes to ensure the deal met premier league rules. As far as the issue regarding the Premier league it doesnt mean he wasn't legally transferred. It just meant he couldnt play in that competition. As far as the clause is concerned your club should have refused knowing it broke rules. The premier league returned the registration but Cardiff hadn't acted. They could have got matters signed using electronic means. It is totally wrong for your club to try to avoid paying for matters which were really your own incompetence.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:57 - Mar 24 with 2126 viewsplasjack

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:50 - Mar 24 by bluey_the_blue

They are not your current players.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 22:08 - Mar 24 with 2095 viewssherpajacob

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 20:12 - Mar 24 by bluey_the_blue

Right, so you didn't bother reading or understanding the article.

It helps to have the background on this. Sala did not want to move, Nantes were making the effort as their chairman wanted the money - the same chairman being investigated for tax offences.

Nantes put in place a clause that the deal had to be completed by a certain time - their clause, their idea. I suspect Sala and his representative wanted the signing on fee front load to sweeten him leaving Nantes. Maybe a common thing outside Prem, who knows?

That contravened Prem rules. Fine, let's get it sorted and Sala signs corrected contract. Oh wait, that can't happen due to him dying - and there's no guarantee he would have agreed to spread the signing on fee over the course of the contract. We'll now never know.

It's good to know the sad and avoidable death of someone is used to score points irrespective of facts. Nantes have their case, we have ours, let FIFA decide.

Maybe you didn't read or understand this part of the article;

", Fifa registered the International Transfer Certificate on 21th January 2019 at 5.30pm."

Case closed, pay up.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 22:27 - Mar 24 with 2048 viewsTreforys_Jack

Why are we trying to point score over a tragic event, nothing to do with us whatsoever.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 22:35 - Mar 24 with 2028 viewsBluebird

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 22:27 - Mar 24 by Treforys_Jack

Why are we trying to point score over a tragic event, nothing to do with us whatsoever.

Sad point scoring. If this was another club you lot wouldn't be saying half the rubbish.
I don't read about it anymore i'll let the powers that be decide whose right or wrong.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 22:49 - Mar 24 with 2004 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 22:35 - Mar 24 by Bluebird

Sad point scoring. If this was another club you lot wouldn't be saying half the rubbish.
I don't read about it anymore i'll let the powers that be decide whose right or wrong.

Don’t you have an opinion then?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 08:03 - Mar 25 with 1872 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 22:08 - Mar 24 by sherpajacob

Maybe you didn't read or understand this part of the article;

", Fifa registered the International Transfer Certificate on 21th January 2019 at 5.30pm."

Case closed, pay up.

Maybe you don't grasp contracts don't involve just clearance.

In case you'd not read the article there's more to it than that.

End of the day, it's FIFA's decision not yours.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 14:59 - Mar 25 with 1738 viewsGroo

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 21:31 - Mar 24 by bluey_the_blue

The longer you stay up the worse it gets. It’s the fact we stayed 7 years that screwed us. Each year the contracts get bigger, the clauses are dropped.

Groo does what Groo does best

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 15:11 - Mar 25 with 1727 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 14:59 - Mar 25 by Groo

The longer you stay up the worse it gets. It’s the fact we stayed 7 years that screwed us. Each year the contracts get bigger, the clauses are dropped.

Yeah, it takes a brave side to buck the trend of spend spend spend.

That's why part of me wishes top 6 would fvck off to their desired European league.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 16:02 - Mar 25 with 1672 viewsThrasher6

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 15:11 - Mar 25 by bluey_the_blue

That's why part of me wishes top 6 would fvck off to their desired European league.

Exactly...the sooner they go the better...and we can all get back to basics and enjoy football for what it is....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 16:20 - Mar 25 with 1654 viewsBadlands

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 15:11 - Mar 25 by bluey_the_blue

The money would follow the big 6 leavers and the Premier League would be only a little better than the Championship and the same process of having a handful of 'top clubs' would ensue.
Monk getting into the head of Jenkins and others when Laudrup was sacked is the key pint I our downfall and when low cost high value talent began to dry up.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 18:41 - Mar 25 with 1498 viewsOldjack

https://news.sky.com/story/emiliano-sala-contract-not-legally-binding-cardiff-to Dear me !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 18:55 - Mar 25 with 1472 viewstaffpunk

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 18:41 - Mar 25 by Oldjack

https://news.sky.com/story/emiliano-sala-contract-not-legally-binding-cardiff-to Dear me !

I can't be arsed to read it, but I couldn't care less one way or the other. It could drag on longer than Brexit, the solicitors on both sides will make a fortune!

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 19:17 - Mar 25 with 1429 viewspencoedjack

Why did Cardiff request a minutes silence at every ground in the country for a Nantes player?
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 19:22 - Mar 25 with 1407 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 19:17 - Mar 25 by pencoedjack

Why did Cardiff request a minutes silence at every ground in the country for a Nantes player?

I assume it was because they hadn’t considered weaselling out of the agreement at that point.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 19:25 - Mar 25 with 1395 viewsplasjack

Exactly, hypocrisy at its most extreme level.
Sala, Cardiff City, Agents and flights. on 19:27 - Mar 25 with 1392 viewsbluey_the_blue

We didn't request any such thing. Evidence please?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024