Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should refs be mic'd up? 16:14 - Mar 20 with 3147 viewsAce_Jack

Fascinating from the A-League. I just cannot understand why this doesn't happen in the British leagues.

Should refs be mic'd up? on 16:57 - Mar 20 with 3111 viewsJackfath

Because you'd hear the language the players use, and get away with, towards the officials. It would be horrific in terms of negative publicity. I cannot understand why it's put up with.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Should refs be mic'd up? on 17:08 - Mar 20 with 3093 viewspembsjack

Enjoy hearing it rugby but agree with Jackfaith , it would just highlight how little authority our refs have and show the games full of direspesctful, overpaid gobshite players.
Should refs be mic'd up? on 17:14 - Mar 20 with 3086 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Should refs be mic'd up? on 16:57 - Mar 20 by Jackfath

Because you'd hear the language the players use, and get away with, towards the officials. It would be horrific in terms of negative publicity. I cannot understand why it's put up with.

One matchday of games with a highly enforced rule of a yellow card for any dissent to a referee and it will stop, even if it means 5 or 6 people sent off in the first few games. It can be eradicated almost immediately if wanted. For whatever reasons, it's not.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Should refs be mic'd up? on 17:18 - Mar 20 with 3076 viewsJackfath

It would also be really cool to be able to hire an earphone to listen in on the conversations during the matches. Would be a decent money spinner for clubs too.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Should refs be mic'd up? on 17:26 - Mar 20 with 3060 viewsjasper_T

Many PL refs give as good as they get in the language department. Would give Sky far too many headaches, they're apologising for chants all the time as it is.
Should refs be mic'd up? on 17:28 - Mar 20 with 3059 viewsWxmJax

Children see it and copy it in their own games, so sad to see. Mind you, the number of parents who swear in front of their own children is shocking as well, becoming the norm unfortunately.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Should refs be mic'd up? on 18:09 - Mar 20 with 3012 viewsTreforys_Jack

The last sentence in particular is spot on.
Should refs be mic'd up? on 21:55 - Mar 20 with 2921 viewsoldcob

Referees mic'd up? After last Saturday I thought the ref should be strung up.
Login to get fewer ads

Should refs be mic'd up? on 10:13 - Mar 21 with 2812 viewsLeonWasGod

Maybe it would be a useful tool to help change that behaviour?
Should refs be mic'd up? on 10:26 - Mar 21 with 2799 viewsjubulani11

Should refs be mic'd up? on 17:08 - Mar 20 by pembsjack

Enjoy hearing it rugby but agree with Jackfaith , it would just highlight how little authority our refs have and show the games full of direspesctful, overpaid gobshite players.

I'd like to see just the captains able to speak to the refs just like in Rugby.
Should refs be mic'd up? on 07:03 - Mar 22 with 2679 viewsDewi1jack

Refs can already book for dissent.
Have been told not to allow themselves to be surrounded a la decision against Man Ure chelsea etc.

About time refs started implementing fairly the rules

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Should refs be mic'd up? on 21:03 - Mar 28 with 2524 viewsjackharris

He looks a really good ref, I will welcome him to the Championship next season. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6618441/Australian-referee-ch
[Post edited 28 Mar 2019 21:13]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Should refs be mic'd up? on 12:30 - Mar 29 with 2447 viewsCountyJim

I think it's a great idea refs are already miked up anyway to the other officials and I think it would curb bad behaviour
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024