Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remain petition 17:22 - Mar 21 with 30293 viewsbudegan

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584
Remain petition on 07:48 - Mar 23 with 1872 viewstrinityann

Remain petition on 07:44 - Mar 23 by Batterseajack

Of course it’s feeble, but what voice do remainers have?

Less that 4% of signings are made from outside of the U.K. whilst some of these may be illegitimate, many of these will be brits who are currently abroad. You need a unique and legitimate email add for each signing, so it’s quite hard for a single bot to replicate hundreds of signings.

Bots are exceptionally good these days.
Remain petition on 09:29 - Mar 23 with 1811 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Let me know when it reaches 17 Million. How many of the people who have signed are eligible to vote in a General Election?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Remain petition on 09:30 - Mar 23 with 1811 viewsBatterseajack

Remain petition on 07:48 - Mar 23 by trinityann

Sophisticated indeed. Like this guy who created 3 email accounts to discredit the petition?

[Post edited 23 Mar 2019 9:32]
Remain petition on 10:25 - Mar 23 with 1781 viewslonglostjack

Remain petition on 09:29 - Mar 23 by felixstowe_jack

Let me know when it reaches 17 Million. How many of the people who have signed are eligible to vote in a General Election?

If the petition had been organized by Arron Banks’ Leave Campaign it would have hit 90 million signatures by now.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Remain petition on 10:54 - Mar 23 with 1761 viewsBatterseajack

Remain petition on 10:25 - Mar 23 by longlostjack

If the petition had been organized by Arron Banks’ Leave Campaign it would have hit 90 million signatures by now.

Then we have this for comparison
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/229963
Remain petition on 11:00 - Mar 23 with 1755 viewsWarwickHunt

Remain petition on 07:48 - Mar 23 by trinityann

So Vlad tells me.
Remain petition on 11:03 - Mar 23 with 1756 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Remain petition on 20:11 - Mar 22 by bluey_the_blue

"Joked"?

Have you read the actual posts? One of the friends bragging about modifications, posting link to "training balls" for maximum pain.

I condemn any death threats made against Soubry.

Again., if right wing leave people started a petition and did the same "joke" facebook posts, the outcry would be incredible - and valid.

When she said, "THIS CREATURE NEEDS PUTTING DOWN", I do not think that she was talking about paintballing there.

Regarding the paintballing messages, it was not just a one off post. She had an extended conversation over a period of time about how she would like to shoot Theresa May (and suggested others in the House of Commons) with a modified version of a powerful paintball gun to increase maximum pain and suffering.

I'm not sure why anyone is defending this woman.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Remain petition on 11:28 - Mar 23 with 1743 viewschad

Remain petition on 11:03 - Mar 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

When she said, "THIS CREATURE NEEDS PUTTING DOWN", I do not think that she was talking about paintballing there.

Regarding the paintballing messages, it was not just a one off post. She had an extended conversation over a period of time about how she would like to shoot Theresa May (and suggested others in the House of Commons) with a modified version of a powerful paintball gun to increase maximum pain and suffering.

I'm not sure why anyone is defending this woman.

Don’t be coy now DYSS

I think we all understand (however morally conflicted it may be) In the logic of the pack my enemies enemy is my friend.

It is sadly and ironically all about tribalism
Login to get fewer ads

Remain petition on 13:45 - Mar 23 with 1680 viewsHighjack

From the last petition:

"I voted 33,000 times. Left a script running while I was taking a shower,"

https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/eu-referendum-petition-trolled-by-4chan-pranksters-aft

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Remain petition on 14:41 - Mar 23 with 1622 viewsWarwickHunt

Remain petition on 21:32 - Mar 22 by pikeypaul

A little harder to ignore the 17.4 million who signed the leave petition don’t you think?😂😂😂😂

Not really. It’s actually pretty easy.
Remain petition on 15:11 - Mar 23 with 1601 viewsFlashberryjack

Remain petition on 14:41 - Mar 23 by WarwickHunt

Not really. It’s actually pretty easy.

Very true indeed.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Remain petition on 15:21 - Mar 23 with 1587 viewsWingstandwood

Remain petition on 13:45 - Mar 23 by Highjack

From the last petition:

https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/eu-referendum-petition-trolled-by-4chan-pranksters-aft

Argus!

Remain petition on 16:06 - Mar 23 with 1554 viewssherpajacob

Regarding the 2 marches going on currently.

In respect of the people's vote march, I'm sure there will be a big difference between the leave and remain camps estimates of the numbers attending.

In respect of the march to leave, the exact number attending will be easily verifiable.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Remain petition on 16:24 - Mar 23 with 1542 viewsJango

Remain petition on 16:06 - Mar 23 by sherpajacob

Regarding the 2 marches going on currently.

In respect of the people's vote march, I'm sure there will be a big difference between the leave and remain camps estimates of the numbers attending.

In respect of the march to leave, the exact number attending will be easily verifiable.

goes to show leave voters have got a life and have better things to be doing than blocking roads causing emergency services nothing but problems.
Remain petition on 17:09 - Mar 23 with 1506 viewsEbo

Remain petition on 16:24 - Mar 23 by Jango

goes to show leave voters have got a life and have better things to be doing than blocking roads causing emergency services nothing but problems.

Oh you mean like those bell ends going slow on the motorway yesterday?

God you are dense.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Remain petition on 17:15 - Mar 23 with 1499 viewscostalotta

Remain petition on 10:54 - Mar 23 by Batterseajack

Then we have this for comparison
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/229963

So on that basis current public opinion is about 9 to 1 in favour of no Brexit.
Remain petition on 17:22 - Mar 23 with 1491 viewshowenjack

Vive le brexit !!!!!
Remain petition on 17:31 - Mar 23 with 1479 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain petition on 13:45 - Mar 23 by Highjack

From the last petition:

You’ve just posted a link to an article that explained that the fraudulent signatures were all removed.

Lol.
Remain petition on 17:35 - Mar 23 with 1476 viewsbluey_the_blue

Remain petition on 17:31 - Mar 23 by londonlisa2001

You’ve just posted a link to an article that explained that the fraudulent signatures were all removed.

Lol.

Not true.

" is currently investigating the petition for fraudulent activity after being forced to remove 77,000 signatures"

77k were easily identified as fake accounts.

Petition "currently investigated for fraudulent activity" in addition.

It's not too difficult to write a bot, create a mass of throwaway email addresses if not already done, register and use for petition.
Remain petition on 17:46 - Mar 23 with 1464 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain petition on 17:35 - Mar 23 by bluey_the_blue

Not true.

" is currently investigating the petition for fraudulent activity after being forced to remove 77,000 signatures"

It's not too difficult to write a bot, create a mass of throwaway email addresses if not already done, register and use for petition.

Whatever Bluey.

Let’s see what the government says:

“A few people have been talking about fraud and overseas signatures. As of this afternoon, approximately 96% of signatures on the petition were from the UK. That’s broadly what we’d expect for a petition like this.”

“We don’t comment in detail about security measures. We use different techniques - automated and manual - to identify and block signatures from bots, disposable email addresses and other sources that show signs of fraudulent activity. We also monitor signing patterns.”

And:

“Update — 15.48 Hours Friday March 22nd 2019:

Conclusions remain unchanged:

- There is nothing to suggest bots based outside of the UK are impacting on this petition in terms of numbers of signatures and the figures of non-UK signatories are not significant.
- The data available suggest that signatures are largely genuine and non-domestic signatures are indicative of ex-pats signing the petition.
- We suspect that efforts may have been made to deny service to the petitions website, preventing users from signing the petition but restrict our view to suspicion in the absence of verified information.
- It is clear that disinformation is being spread to attempt to discredit this petition by known disinformation actors.
- Anyone claiming that bots are active either has access to data which isn’t publicly available or is aware or complicit in such activity.”

See the bit above about ‘known disinformation actors’ spreading disinformation to attempt to discredit the petition? They mean the Russians. Which the usual suspects on here all believe.
Remain petition on 17:47 - Mar 23 with 1463 viewscostalotta

Remain petition on 17:35 - Mar 23 by bluey_the_blue

Not true.

Not difficult at all. Easily spotted to.

Interestingly, the confirmation click could present some challenge.
Remain petition on 17:56 - Mar 23 with 1459 viewsbluey_the_blue

Remain petition on 17:46 - Mar 23 by londonlisa2001

Whatever Bluey.

Let’s see what the government says:

“A few people have been talking about fraud and overseas signatures. As of this afternoon, approximately 96% of signatures on the petition were from the UK. That’s broadly what we’d expect for a petition like this.”

“We don’t comment in detail about security measures. We use different techniques - automated and manual - to identify and block signatures from bots, disposable email addresses and other sources that show signs of fraudulent activity. We also monitor signing patterns.”

And:

“Update — 15.48 Hours Friday March 22nd 2019:

Conclusions remain unchanged:

- There is nothing to suggest bots based outside of the UK are impacting on this petition in terms of numbers of signatures and the figures of non-UK signatories are not significant.
- The data available suggest that signatures are largely genuine and non-domestic signatures are indicative of ex-pats signing the petition.
- We suspect that efforts may have been made to deny service to the petitions website, preventing users from signing the petition but restrict our view to suspicion in the absence of verified information.
- It is clear that disinformation is being spread to attempt to discredit this petition by known disinformation actors.
- Anyone claiming that bots are active either has access to data which isn’t publicly available or is aware or complicit in such activity.”

See the bit above about ‘known disinformation actors’ spreading disinformation to attempt to discredit the petition? They mean the Russians. Which the usual suspects on here all believe.

Lisa, have you every worked on any government related IT systems? If you had, you'd not necessarily have great confidence in them. What has been said is classic talk.

96% of signatures "from" uk? Doesn't make them valid signatures. Not difficult that. Of course they won't comment about security measures. Bot writers are usually a few steps ahead of them for the most part.

When IT idiots in NHS couldn't be arsed applying security patches on outward facing systems, excuse me for thinking that security on a frigging petition site may not be the toughest ever.

Yup, it's got to be the Russians. I mean, their disinformation caused a Leave vote, something that's been debunked already.
Remain petition on 18:00 - Mar 23 with 1455 viewsbluey_the_blue

Remain petition on 17:47 - Mar 23 by costalotta

Not difficult at all. Easily spotted to.

Interestingly, the confirmation click could present some challenge.

Easily spotted? Not necessarily. Script kiddies, sure.

Serious bot writers love challenges. Floats their boat, that kind of stuff.
Remain petition on 18:03 - Mar 23 with 1449 viewslonglostjack

Remain petition on 17:56 - Mar 23 by bluey_the_blue

Lisa, have you every worked on any government related IT systems? If you had, you'd not necessarily have great confidence in them. What has been said is classic talk.

96% of signatures "from" uk? Doesn't make them valid signatures. Not difficult that. Of course they won't comment about security measures. Bot writers are usually a few steps ahead of them for the most part.

When IT idiots in NHS couldn't be arsed applying security patches on outward facing systems, excuse me for thinking that security on a frigging petition site may not be the toughest ever.

Yup, it's got to be the Russians. I mean, their disinformation caused a Leave vote, something that's been debunked already.

A Tory “publicly” defending the Russians - there’s a first time for everything !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Remain petition on 18:03 - Mar 23 with 1449 viewsexiledclaseboy

Remain petition on 18:00 - Mar 23 by bluey_the_blue

Easily spotted? Not necessarily. Script kiddies, sure.

Serious bot writers love challenges. Floats their boat, that kind of stuff.

How many of the 4.5m signatures you reckon are “fake” then mush?

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024