Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remain petition 17:22 - Mar 21 with 30852 viewsbudegan

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584
Remain petition on 18:03 - Mar 23 with 1337 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain petition on 17:56 - Mar 23 by bluey_the_blue

Lisa, have you every worked on any government related IT systems? If you had, you'd not necessarily have great confidence in them. What has been said is classic talk.

96% of signatures "from" uk? Doesn't make them valid signatures. Not difficult that. Of course they won't comment about security measures. Bot writers are usually a few steps ahead of them for the most part.

When IT idiots in NHS couldn't be arsed applying security patches on outward facing systems, excuse me for thinking that security on a frigging petition site may not be the toughest ever.

Yup, it's got to be the Russians. I mean, their disinformation caused a Leave vote, something that's been debunked already.

Insane.

Btw - fabulous technology on show in London today - couldn’t tell which ones of the million or so people (it was probably more actually) were the 50 actual people and which were the 999,950 robots.
Remain petition on 18:05 - Mar 23 with 1332 viewsKilkennyjack

Remain petition on 18:03 - Mar 23 by exiledclaseboy

How many of the 4.5m signatures you reckon are “fake” then mush?

47 ?

Beware of the Risen People

Remain petition on 18:05 - Mar 23 with 1326 viewsexiledclaseboy

Remain petition on 18:03 - Mar 23 by londonlisa2001

Insane.

Btw - fabulous technology on show in London today - couldn’t tell which ones of the million or so people (it was probably more actually) were the 50 actual people and which were the 999,950 robots.

Give Bluey a couple of hours and he’d have scanned the social media records of every one of the one million plus people who marched today to find them saying nasty things about Theresa May and/or someone else. Either that or Guido Fawkes will do it for him.

Poll: Tory leader

Remain petition on 18:06 - Mar 23 with 1320 viewsKilkennyjack

Remain petition on 18:03 - Mar 23 by londonlisa2001

Insane.

I thought that mind .... 😂😂

Beware of the Risen People

Remain petition on 18:07 - Mar 23 with 1314 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain petition on 18:05 - Mar 23 by exiledclaseboy

Give Bluey a couple of hours and he’d have scanned the social media records of every one of the one million plus people who marched today to find them saying nasty things about Theresa May and/or someone else. Either that or Guido Fawkes will do it for him.

Aye, supported by this forum’s answers to Darren Grimes and Andrea Leadsom.
Remain petition on 18:10 - Mar 23 with 1309 viewsbluey_the_blue

Remain petition on 18:03 - Mar 23 by exiledclaseboy

How many of the 4.5m signatures you reckon are “fake” then mush?

No idea.

I'm just shooting down the "oooh, no fake signatures whatsoever, our security systems are lovely and nice" brigade.
Remain petition on 18:11 - Mar 23 with 1306 viewsexiledclaseboy

Remain petition on 18:10 - Mar 23 by bluey_the_blue

No idea.

I'm just shooting down the "oooh, no fake signatures whatsoever, our security systems are lovely and nice" brigade.

Have a guess. Go on.

Remain petition on 18:13 - Mar 23 with 1302 viewscostalotta

Remain petition on 18:00 - Mar 23 by bluey_the_blue

Easily spotted? Not necessarily. Script kiddies, sure.

Serious bot writers love challenges. Floats their boat, that kind of stuff.

Yeah easily spotted, when you know.

Script kiddies...get over will you! Script kiddies hahahahaha.

Out of interest as you mention government IT systems and use infosec terminology; nothing is impossible i grant you, but Im not convinced you really know a lot about what your alluding/indicating you do know, just a hunch!
Login to get fewer ads

Remain petition on 18:13 - Mar 23 with 1301 viewsbluey_the_blue

Remain petition on 18:11 - Mar 23 by exiledclaseboy

Have a guess. Go on.

Anywhere between 1 and however many have been registered.
Remain petition on 18:14 - Mar 23 with 1299 viewsexiledclaseboy

Remain petition on 18:13 - Mar 23 by bluey_the_blue

Anywhere between 1 and however many have been registered.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Remain petition on 18:16 - Mar 23 with 1288 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain petition on 18:10 - Mar 23 by bluey_the_blue

No idea.

No one has said that though.

People are saying it’s not true that the petition is being greatly distorted by fake signatures.
Remain petition on 18:20 - Mar 23 with 1273 viewsbluey_the_blue

Remain petition on 18:13 - Mar 23 by costalotta

Yeah easily spotted, when you know.

Script kiddies...get over will you! Script kiddies hahahahaha.

Out of interest as you mention government IT systems and use infosec terminology; nothing is impossible i grant you, but Im not convinced you really know a lot about what your alluding/indicating you do know, just a hunch!

Incredibly simplistic attempts are obviously easy to spot. It was good to see a DDoS attack, if that was the case was quickly resolved - although it may just have been load on the system, Seen too many systems where "DevOps" has been used and devs magically believe the number of threads for handling requests is identical between desktop dev machine and production.

Indeed, that brought a very prominent system down a few years ago.

Sadly, security tends to be the last thing programmers tend to look at or consider other than maybe a cursory glance at OWASP page - I'm probably as guilty of that as anyone else.
Remain petition on 18:22 - Mar 23 with 1267 viewsbluey_the_blue

Remain petition on 18:16 - Mar 23 by londonlisa2001

People are saying it’s not true that the petition is being greatly distorted by fake signatures.

People can't make that claim until each and every signature is assessed independently.

May be kosher, may not be.

EDIT: I'd agree it's unlikely that it's been majorly influenced by fake accounts.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2019 18:23]
Remain petition on 18:22 - Mar 23 with 1267 viewsWarwickHunt

Remain petition on 18:16 - Mar 23 by londonlisa2001

There’s an easy way to prove the level of support for revoking...
Remain petition on 18:24 - Mar 23 with 1260 viewsbluey_the_blue

Remain petition on 18:22 - Mar 23 by WarwickHunt

There’s an easy way to prove the level of support for revoking...

Shoot Remainers and have a per bullet itemised invoice then count the number of line items?
Remain petition on 18:32 - Mar 23 with 1250 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain petition on 18:24 - Mar 23 by bluey_the_blue

Shoot Remainers and have a per bullet itemised invoice then count the number of line items?

Imagine if this was said about leave voters.
Remain petition on 18:32 - Mar 23 with 1247 viewsEbo

Remain petition on 17:35 - Mar 23 by bluey_the_blue

Not true.

" is currently investigating the petition for fraudulent activity after being forced to remove 77,000 signatures"

77k were easily identified as fake accounts.

Petition "currently investigated for fraudulent activity" in addition.

It's not too difficult to write a bot, create a mass of throwaway email addresses if not already done, register and use for petition.

It's hard to use a bot to fake signatures because it needs email verification, it's hard to manually do it as you need unique email addresses, it's hard for foreign interference because they log overseas numbers.

Here’s a graphical breakdown of the json data
https://britorbot.org/2019/03/22/revoke-article-50-petition/

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Remain petition on 18:35 - Mar 23 with 1239 viewsEbo

Remain petition on 17:56 - Mar 23 by bluey_the_blue

Lisa, have you every worked on any government related IT systems? If you had, you'd not necessarily have great confidence in them. What has been said is classic talk.

96% of signatures "from" uk? Doesn't make them valid signatures. Not difficult that. Of course they won't comment about security measures. Bot writers are usually a few steps ahead of them for the most part.

When IT idiots in NHS couldn't be arsed applying security patches on outward facing systems, excuse me for thinking that security on a frigging petition site may not be the toughest ever.

Yup, it's got to be the Russians. I mean, their disinformation caused a Leave vote, something that's been debunked already.

Those “idiots” were screaming blue in the face to upgrade systems and security but they didn’t have the budget to do so. Do you know how much it would cost to revamp hardware, software, server architecture nationwide?

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Remain petition on 18:40 - Mar 23 with 1233 viewsbluey_the_blue

Remain petition on 18:32 - Mar 23 by londonlisa2001

Imagine if this was said about leave voters.

Well, you poo-pooed the comments of the originator of the petition did you not?

I'm sure if a Leaver had written about a woman that "this creature needs putting down"... "If I got hold of her gun I'd shoot her point blank in the name of patriotism" who entered into a converation with a friend about where to buy a legal paintball pistol whilst receive advice on how to shoot someone and have an airtight defence... your view would be different.
Remain petition on 18:43 - Mar 23 with 1228 viewsexiledclaseboy

Remain petition on 18:40 - Mar 23 by bluey_the_blue

I'm sure if a Leaver had written about a woman that "this creature needs putting down"... "If I got hold of her gun I'd shoot her point blank in the name of patriotism" who entered into a converation with a friend about where to buy a legal paintball pistol whilst receive advice on how to shoot someone and have an airtight defence... your view would be different.

I’m gonna hazard a guess here... I’m not entirely sure she meant it y’know.

Remain petition on 18:43 - Mar 23 with 1228 viewsbluey_the_blue

Remain petition on 18:35 - Mar 23 by Ebo

Those “idiots” were screaming blue in the face to upgrade systems and security but they didn’t have the budget to do so. Do you know how much it would cost to revamp hardware, software, server architecture nationwide?

Those idiots failed to apply simple software patches. Software patches that were free involving no fvcking cost.

That's not unique to NHS, there are plenty of servers out there on the internet that are years behind in simple patches.
Remain petition on 18:50 - Mar 23 with 1219 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain petition on 18:40 - Mar 23 by bluey_the_blue

Not even slightly.

I can differentiate between friends talking nonsense about shooting May with a paintball gun and actual death threats. Three of which she’s received (the middle aged college lecturer that is) in the last 24 hours by telephone, while on holiday, due to crap being spouted and circulated by people like you who are so terrified that the country may end up with a slightly different version of Brexit - something you don’t like, despite having shown you don’t even understand what your favoured option means, you’re prepared to circulate and stand behind sh*t that you know to be sh*t.

Leaver’s are actually making threats against women so severe that those women are being told by the Met that they can’t go home. Not nonsense about bloody paintballing someone. On Facebook.

The false equivalence is genuinely sickening.
Remain petition on 18:55 - Mar 23 with 1210 viewshowenjack

"I've been all round this country , I've met all kinds of men ,some will rob you with a gun and some with a fountain pen". Woody Guthrie.

Are you listening ? Are you listening Are you listening Barnier?? Are you listening Barnier???
Remain petition on 18:58 - Mar 23 with 1201 viewsbluey_the_blue

Remain petition on 18:50 - Mar 23 by londonlisa2001

Not even slightly.

I can differentiate between friends talking nonsense about shooting May with a paintball gun and actual death threats. Three of which she’s received (the middle aged college lecturer that is) in the last 24 hours by telephone, while on holiday, due to crap being spouted and circulated by people like you who are so terrified that the country may end up with a slightly different version of Brexit - something you don’t like, despite having shown you don’t even understand what your favoured option means, you’re prepared to circulate and stand behind sh*t that you know to be sh*t.

Leaver’s are actually making threats against women so severe that those women are being told by the Met that they can’t go home. Not nonsense about bloody paintballing someone. On Facebook.

The false equivalence is genuinely sickening.

Loat the lengthy post, can't be arsed retyping.

The comments she and her friend were involved with weren't about merely putting a bit of paint on someone ( which is assault anyway ).

All threats from either side are abhorent.
Remain petition on 19:01 - Mar 23 with 1194 viewstrinityann

Remain petition on 18:58 - Mar 23 by bluey_the_blue

Loat the lengthy post, can't be arsed retyping.

The comments she and her friend were involved with weren't about merely putting a bit of paint on someone ( which is assault anyway ).

All threats from either side are abhorent.

Where's the petition for the Iraq war, sorry wrong meeting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024