Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Staff issued with redundancy letters 18:53 - Mar 21 with 30598 viewsJackbustard

Worrying news this evening that all staff at club issued with redundancy notices today.

Anyone else heard this.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 20:37 - Mar 21 with 3160 viewsGaryjack

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 19:38 - Mar 21 by jasper_T

Yeah, I'm sure this is the only thing he's going to do to save/make some money.

Give over.

It'll be your beloved academies next. The legacy that they built for the future of SCFC.

Which ironically Martin Morgans company was paid £7.4m to deliver. Pfft!
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 20:47 - Mar 21 with 3102 viewsjasper_T

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 20:37 - Mar 21 by Garyjack

It'll be your beloved academies next. The legacy that they built for the future of SCFC.

Which ironically Martin Morgans company was paid £7.4m to deliver. Pfft!

Downgrading from category one to save a few million in required speeding seems like an inevitable step.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 20:47 - Mar 21 with 3099 viewsJack11

Bye bye fairwood and landore hello again Llandarcy.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 20:51 - Mar 21 with 3069 viewsGaryjack

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 20:47 - Mar 21 by jasper_T

Downgrading from category one to save a few million in required speeding seems like an inevitable step.

Good grief! That's not what i'm suggesting! I'm talking about the whole facility!
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 20:53 - Mar 21 with 3043 viewsFlashberryjack

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 20:47 - Mar 21 by Jack11

Sad, but you're probably right "Everything must go" sale.

I'm so glad we decided to increase the stadium rent to a reported £600,000 a year, good bit of business that.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 20:54 - Mar 21 with 3041 viewsGaryjack

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 20:47 - Mar 21 by Jack11

Indeed. I stated many years ago whilst Morgan was making all this money through Jaxx bay, that if we were relegated we wouldn't be able to afford to pay for the facilities we'd built.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 20:55 - Mar 21 with 3019 viewsjasper_T

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 20:51 - Mar 21 by Garyjack

Good grief! That's not what i'm suggesting! I'm talking about the whole facility!

What, they going to padlock the doors and board up the windows come May?

I don't think we're quite at that stage yet.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 20:56 - Mar 21 with 3002 viewslondonlisa2001

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 20:47 - Mar 21 by jasper_T

Do you agree with it?
Login to get fewer ads

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 20:58 - Mar 21 with 2975 viewsLuther27

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 20:56 - Mar 21 by londonlisa2001

Do you agree with it?

No, they are our team next season.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:00 - Mar 21 with 2947 viewsGaryjack

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 20:55 - Mar 21 by jasper_T

What, they going to padlock the doors and board up the windows come May?

I don't think we're quite at that stage yet.

Nope, just like we weren't at the stage we are today 12 months ago! I made no mention of 'come May' by the way, but only a fool would say that it's not inevitably going to happen.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:00 - Mar 21 with 2942 viewsIAN05

Do you agree with it?

Some people will find ways of justifying anything. This has been coming for 3-4 years now and we were all to lethargic to do anything about it,
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:06 - Mar 21 with 2886 viewsJack11

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:00 - Mar 21 by IAN05

Some people will find ways of justifying anything. This has been coming for 3-4 years now and we were all to lethargic to do anything about it,

It wasn’t very long ago that I remember a bloke in the east stand nearly getting a shoeing for having a one man protest against Jenkins and the yanks. Anyone else remember that? What a visionary he was, but he got pelters that day.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:08 - Mar 21 with 2867 viewsjasper_T

Do you agree with it?

I can certainly see the logic. If we don't have the cash to support it what else is the club supposed to do?

People have argued that we need the academy to produce players now that we're out of the PL but it's not like we wouldn't have the ability to produce players if we were Cat 3 or out of the EPPP altogether. Brentford run a lucrative production line with no academy. And at the level we're playing at scholars and first year pros like Mason Jones-Thomas, Oli Cooper etc. won't necessarily have to wait so long in development football to get senior games here.

We've seen this season that without spending on players the u23s side struggles to compete with the Cat One sides that do spend big on young players. It's been a tough season to watch at times. If we're not spending six figures on Scotsmen like in the past that will likely continue.

Downsides are maybe we lose the next Joe Rodon to poaching, as we did Emyr Huws. Maybe the next DJ won't come here (although we weren't Cat One when he signed for us).

Ideally we keep it all but if the money people are thinking of selling half the first team in the summer then promotion isn't on the cards and we'll be on an annual budget of something like £25m before we know it. Are we going to bring through and sell a £5m player every season just to pay for an academy? Tough ask.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:15 - Mar 21 with 2809 viewsherbie

Totally disagree.
We are now producing players able to play the Swansea Way. Bring players in from outside at 20/21 that doesn’t happen. Academy is crucial to our future.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:16 - Mar 21 with 2801 viewsDr_Winston

Most clubs relegated from the Premier League lay off their surplus staff straight afterwards. We've waited a year.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:19 - Mar 21 with 2759 viewsjasper_T

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:15 - Mar 21 by herbie

Totally disagree.
We are now producing players able to play the Swansea Way. Bring players in from outside at 20/21 that doesn’t happen. Academy is crucial to our future.

We can still produce local players who play "the Swansea way" without an EPPP academy. Where do you think Ben Davies and Joe Allen came from?

Does Celina not play "the Swansea way"?
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:20 - Mar 21 with 2754 viewscontroversial_jack

Yet, people still keep putting money into the pockets of the owners.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:34 - Mar 21 with 2683 viewsvalleyboy

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 20:01 - Mar 21 by LeonWasGod

Standard voluntary redundancy letter. It's inevitable, sadly. But at least on the face of it they're willing to listen. It's crap, but the communication looks like it's there.

They have to go through procedure

It’s as simple as that

What I don’t understand is why posters are so surprised

From the first time people working at Swansea heard that Birch was going to be appointed. They knew then there would be redundancies. A lot of them

Remembering that if 100 went. It’s small change in what is going to come

I’ve never been made redundant myself, but working in an environment in where people are going to lose jobs, is not very nice working in that company

I thought Birch wasn’t starting at Swansea until April 1st. But obviously he’s seen the state of the financial situation and has had to make decisions straight away

If I remeber right. Negotiations on redundancy can take up to 90 days
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:36 - Mar 21 with 2664 viewslondonlisa2001

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:19 - Mar 21 by jasper_T

We can still produce local players who play "the Swansea way" without an EPPP academy. Where do you think Ben Davies and Joe Allen came from?

Does Celina not play "the Swansea way"?

Jasper - on 14th Feb, you wrote the following:

“A category one academy requires something like £4m in spending per year to maintain (that was the figure Sunderland put to it during their descent). What does £4m buy you in the Championship these days?

Fans wanted us to spend the "wasted" cash on new players when we were in the PL and they'll want it even more now. But if you look at how many u23s players come through at Championship teams every season (everyone seems to have a hot prospect or two this year), and how much cash is being spent on them when they move on, it's not necessarily a massive drain.

Look at Falkirk since they closed their academy. We've not spent six figures on anyone from up there since!

We need to stay Cat One to fend off Cardiff from getting their mitts on young lads from Cardiff who are currently choosing us.”

Nothing has changed since that date. No financial updates, no transfers in or out.
Other than then of course you were arguing about the club’s legacy of the premier league years to support the club, now you’re arguing it doesn’t much matter, to support the club.

Funny that.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:37 - Mar 21 with 2648 views34dfgdf54

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:36 - Mar 21 by londonlisa2001

“A category one academy requires something like £4m in spending per year to maintain (that was the figure Sunderland put to it during their descent). What does £4m buy you in the Championship these days?

Fans wanted us to spend the "wasted" cash on new players when we were in the PL and they'll want it even more now. But if you look at how many u23s players come through at Championship teams every season (everyone seems to have a hot prospect or two this year), and how much cash is being spent on them when they move on, it's not necessarily a massive drain.

Look at Falkirk since they closed their academy. We've not spent six figures on anyone from up there since!

We need to stay Cat One to fend off Cardiff from getting their mitts on young lads from Cardiff who are currently choosing us.”

Nothing has changed since that date. No financial updates, no transfers in or out.
Other than then of course you were arguing about the club’s legacy of the premier league years to support the club, now you’re arguing it doesn’t much matter, to support the club.

Funny that.

Mindboggling
[Post edited 21 Mar 2019 21:38]
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:38 - Mar 21 with 2635 viewsDarran

Funny that.

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:40 - Mar 21 with 2627 viewsJack11

Funny that.

I’m not that up to date with things but I believe that is what the youth refer to as mic drop.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:49 - Mar 21 with 2569 viewsjasper_T

Funny that.

I've done some more reading into the details of the various academy levels, how other clubs are doing things. Tried to look at the situation from both sides rather than my existing pro-development football side. It is funny how opinions can change when you try to inform yourself further and look past a gut reaction.

I maintain that the investment into the academy was obviously money well spent while in the PL. And if we had £4m to spend I'd prefer it going on the academy than a single player (Celina's been decent but the rest of them last summer...). But if we're in dire straits cutting that from £4m to £1-2m could be a big difference in cashflow, but potentially not a major disruption in terms of players coming through in the next 3-4 years.

I'm not actually too worried about Cardiff, although Tivonge Rushesha is one I'd much rather playing with us than them, and he's from their way iirc. If they get Cat One as I think they intend we'll be competing with them again for youngsters whether we like it or not. Until they get relegated.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:49 - Mar 21 with 2564 viewsDarran

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/swansea-city-tell-non-first-1601087

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:52 - Mar 21 with 2530 viewsGaryjack

Funny that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024