Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Staff issued with redundancy letters 18:53 - Mar 21 with 30615 viewsJackbustard

Worrying news this evening that all staff at club issued with redundancy notices today.

Anyone else heard this.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:52 - Mar 21 with 3056 viewsWingstandwood

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:49 - Mar 21 by Darran

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/swansea-city-tell-non-first-1601087

Sounds very ominous, very, very ominous. I dread to think what the annual accounts are going to look like. The future of Fairwood and Landore may be in serious jeopardy, it's only natural to assume.

*Edit* This must be the #Next level that was promised?
[Post edited 21 Mar 2019 21:54]

Argus!

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:57 - Mar 21 with 3024 viewsmagicdaps10

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:49 - Mar 21 by jasper_T

I've done some more reading into the details of the various academy levels, how other clubs are doing things. Tried to look at the situation from both sides rather than my existing pro-development football side. It is funny how opinions can change when you try to inform yourself further and look past a gut reaction.

I maintain that the investment into the academy was obviously money well spent while in the PL. And if we had £4m to spend I'd prefer it going on the academy than a single player (Celina's been decent but the rest of them last summer...). But if we're in dire straits cutting that from £4m to £1-2m could be a big difference in cashflow, but potentially not a major disruption in terms of players coming through in the next 3-4 years.

I'm not actually too worried about Cardiff, although Tivonge Rushesha is one I'd much rather playing with us than them, and he's from their way iirc. If they get Cat One as I think they intend we'll be competing with them again for youngsters whether we like it or not. Until they get relegated.

You recall incorrectly.

Rushesa is a Carmarthen boy.

Just saying like.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 22:00 - Mar 21 with 3001 viewsjasper_T

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:57 - Mar 21 by magicdaps10

You recall incorrectly.

Rushesa is a Carmarthen boy.

Just saying like.

Good to know, thanks.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 22:02 - Mar 21 with 2987 viewsJack11

Just had a vision of us playing league 2 home games at St Helens in the 2022/2023 season. Some decent pubs in Brynmill.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 22:07 - Mar 21 with 2942 viewsvalleyboy

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:49 - Mar 21 by jasper_T

I've done some more reading into the details of the various academy levels, how other clubs are doing things. Tried to look at the situation from both sides rather than my existing pro-development football side. It is funny how opinions can change when you try to inform yourself further and look past a gut reaction.

I maintain that the investment into the academy was obviously money well spent while in the PL. And if we had £4m to spend I'd prefer it going on the academy than a single player (Celina's been decent but the rest of them last summer...). But if we're in dire straits cutting that from £4m to £1-2m could be a big difference in cashflow, but potentially not a major disruption in terms of players coming through in the next 3-4 years.

I'm not actually too worried about Cardiff, although Tivonge Rushesha is one I'd much rather playing with us than them, and he's from their way iirc. If they get Cat One as I think they intend we'll be competing with them again for youngsters whether we like it or not. Until they get relegated.

Everyone except the first team squad, the manager and his team have been given these letter

Why give them to the players and the likes of Toshack and all the other coaches in the Accadamy if nothing is going to happen there

I’ll guarantee you one thing, that the moral in the whole club will drop like a stone thrown down a mine shaft

From my experience,the quicker this sort of thing is done and dusted. Will be better for everyone, even the ones losing their jobs
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 22:10 - Mar 21 with 2932 viewsmagicdaps10

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 22:07 - Mar 21 by valleyboy

Everyone except the first team squad, the manager and his team have been given these letter

Why give them to the players and the likes of Toshack and all the other coaches in the Accadamy if nothing is going to happen there

I’ll guarantee you one thing, that the moral in the whole club will drop like a stone thrown down a mine shaft

From my experience,the quicker this sort of thing is done and dusted. Will be better for everyone, even the ones losing their jobs

Moral will certainly be the big issue.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 22:12 - Mar 21 with 2920 viewssP7qupUf

Pity jenkins did not go when the club was sold. A decent football man at the helm may have kept us in the Premier League. i do not subscribe to this "good to have been in the PL for 7 years" view. Given that we were there for that length of time we should have been astable force there given the income that we had in that time. It has been wasted on awful signings. All this could have been avoided.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 22:12 - Mar 21 with 2920 viewsjasper_T

Surely if they want to cancel professional contracts of non-first team players they'll end up paying out the full value of each, up front. They were handing out extensions just the other day.

Not sure what situation the first year scholars would be in with a year left on their terms.
Login to get fewer ads

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 22:12 - Mar 21 with 2918 viewsChief

Don't know what all the fuss is about. If we didn't have owners who:
"Will be relentless in their determination to continually improve the club - and they have the financial resources to do so. They will be competitive and will outwork our opponents on the pitch and in the boardroom"

I'd be properly worried.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 22:14 - Mar 21 with 2904 viewsjasper_T

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 22:12 - Mar 21 by sP7qupUf

Pity jenkins did not go when the club was sold. A decent football man at the helm may have kept us in the Premier League. i do not subscribe to this "good to have been in the PL for 7 years" view. Given that we were there for that length of time we should have been astable force there given the income that we had in that time. It has been wasted on awful signings. All this could have been avoided.

Relegated one year sooner and we're not in half this mess. Bony, Ayew and Clucas killed us.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 22:21 - Mar 21 with 2873 viewsWingstandwood

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 22:12 - Mar 21 by sP7qupUf

Agree, the sheer insanity of it all, the Yanks were warned, warned, warned and warned again! Nobody needed a crystal ball to predict what would happen. Completely preventable.

Seriously, what other club in the entire history of the Premier League i.e. the most richest football league in the world has ever employed a complete and utter rank-amatuer D.o.F like the ruinous Kamikaze case Jenkins?

A Trojan horse impostor, a failed roofing merchandise supplier of all things playing with, and wasting tens of millions of Pounds.

Argus!

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 22:53 - Mar 21 with 2781 viewssammylee3

Yawn and so it continues, obvious about 3 years ago. Yank Vampires will bleed us dry, next all our best young players to be sold.

We either protest to get the Yanks out and find a new owner willing to put a hand in his/her pocket or it will continue until we are League 3. Obvious from the takeover day 1 and some of us were called all sorts.....
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 23:02 - Mar 21 with 2758 viewsswan65split

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 22:14 - Mar 21 by jasper_T

Relegated one year sooner and we're not in half this mess. Bony, Ayew and Clucas killed us.

the amount spent and by whom since the yanks came in has killed us........wheres Wally when you want to kick ass?

spent edit...should have said wasted.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2019 23:06]
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 23:11 - Mar 21 with 2719 viewsBillyChong

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 22:12 - Mar 21 by Chief

"Will be relentless in their determination to continually improve the club - and they have the financial resources to do so. They will be competitive and will outwork our opponents on the pitch and in the boardroom"

I'd be properly worried.

Likewise
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 00:27 - Mar 22 with 2618 viewsvalleyboy

Bony was it £10million

Clueless £16million

Ayew £19 million

And of course Agents fees could be up to £10 million

£55 million

There’s your black hole for you

Plus part wages the Swans are paying out on players that’s out on loan
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 00:32 - Mar 22 with 2612 viewsvalleyboy

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 22:12 - Mar 21 by jasper_T

Surely if they want to cancel professional contracts of non-first team players they'll end up paying out the full value of each, up front. They were handing out extensions just the other day.

Not sure what situation the first year scholars would be in with a year left on their terms.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Petty win a High Court case when he got rid of players when he “owned” the club
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 05:55 - Mar 22 with 2531 viewsjack247

That’s absolutely true. Mesa and the two high profile loans didn’t help either.

Not directly replying to you in this part, but staying up for an extra season didn’t hurt us. Clearing out the coffers and spending wages we could barely afford in the PL on 6 players who all failed did.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 07:24 - Mar 22 with 2450 viewswaynekerr55

And yet I bet there are still a significant number who would gladly take the useless cúnts who caused this back.

They're a fúcking disgrace

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 07:29 - Mar 22 with 2444 viewssomersetsimon

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 19:36 - Mar 21 by donkonky

So let me get this right- they hire a new chairman on 500K a year to make savings from back room staff reduncies. Mmmm something not right ere guv . Come on TRUST let’s hear what’s going on.

Well, he's replacing a chairman who was on £600K a year, so there's a saving straight away!
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 07:36 - Mar 22 with 2419 viewsMrSwerve

Clucas. 16 million. Fûck me, I still haven’t got over that.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 07:38 - Mar 22 with 2410 viewslonglostjack

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 22:12 - Mar 21 by Chief

I'd be properly worried.

And the award for taking corporate bullshit to the next level goes to ..........Steve and Jason !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 07:39 - Mar 22 with 2407 viewsSWANSEYE

This decision was made long before Birch was appointed and IMO is simply down to those Yanks stripping bare of whatever is left in the cupboard.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 07:46 - Mar 22 with 2381 viewsWarwickHunt

Close - Huw Jenkins signing Bony, Ayew and Clucas killed us.

Yer average football fan on here thought all three signings were bonkers mental at the time yet the clownshoe Jenkins was paid 10k a week to ruin us even further with these absurd signings.

The thick, lazy, clueless cûnt.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 08:27 - Mar 22 with 2299 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 07:46 - Mar 22 by WarwickHunt

Close - Huw Jenkins signing Bony, Ayew and Clucas killed us.

Yer average football fan on here thought all three signings were bonkers mental at the time yet the clownshoe Jenkins was paid 10k a week to ruin us even further with these absurd signings.

The thick, lazy, clueless cûnt.

One mans out of control ego has sent the club on the road to destruction again. Steve ll, at least he has the comfort of several million pounds in the bank. Parasite.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 09:41 - Mar 22 with 2155 viewsSgorioFruit

#NextLevel

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024