Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Staff issued with redundancy letters 18:53 - Mar 21 with 30601 viewsJackbustard

Worrying news this evening that all staff at club issued with redundancy notices today.

Anyone else heard this.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 09:52 - Mar 22 with 2763 viewsLeonWasGod

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 00:27 - Mar 22 by valleyboy

Bony was it £10million

Clueless £16million

Ayew £19 million

And of course Agents fees could be up to £10 million

£55 million

There’s your black hole for you

Plus part wages the Swans are paying out on players that’s out on loan

We apparently made a small profit that season on transfer fees (I know that's only part of the picture). Siggy and Llorente alone covered most of that lot. And we went into that season in reasonable shape (little debt & off the back of a £13m profit before tax in 2016/17, although that had offset a £14m loss in 15/16).

Wages for that lot won't have been cheap, agreed. And they were a massive waste of money, and income would have been down because of the lower league position. But it'd be really surprised if the 'hole' is from 17/18 season - far more likely to be from the drop from PL income to Championship income this season.

Not that I know much!
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 10:18 - Mar 22 with 2690 viewsswan65split

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 00:27 - Mar 22 by valleyboy

Bony was it £10million

Clueless £16million

Ayew £19 million

And of course Agents fees could be up to £10 million

£55 million

There’s your black hole for you

Plus part wages the Swans are paying out on players that’s out on loan

plus pay offs for sacked ex Managers and staff and anything associated with it!
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 10:23 - Mar 22 with 2685 viewsAl_Bundy

So what job roles at the club did we have in the Prem that we now have to delete from the clubs current structure?
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 11:19 - Mar 22 with 2629 viewsjasper_T

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 09:52 - Mar 22 by LeonWasGod

We apparently made a small profit that season on transfer fees (I know that's only part of the picture). Siggy and Llorente alone covered most of that lot. And we went into that season in reasonable shape (little debt & off the back of a £13m profit before tax in 2016/17, although that had offset a £14m loss in 15/16).

Wages for that lot won't have been cheap, agreed. And they were a massive waste of money, and income would have been down because of the lower league position. But it'd be really surprised if the 'hole' is from 17/18 season - far more likely to be from the drop from PL income to Championship income this season.

Not that I know much!

We didn't receive nearly as much as widely reported for Gylfi once everyone else got their cut, and we're still paying for the big three disasters, which is a major stranglehold on our finances.

If Carvalhal is to be believed we tried to buy two more players in January as well (Gaitan and one other) but they wouldn't come. Imagine if those gambles had failed to get us over the line as well.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 11:51 - Mar 22 with 2596 viewsBadlands

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 10:23 - Mar 22 by Al_Bundy

So what job roles at the club did we have in the Prem that we now have to delete from the clubs current structure?

Reduced purchases in shops, not as many needed in finance and legal, small drop in security, catering reduced, media team, hospitality,H, with the Swans taking over running of the Liberty some very similar jobs will combined or in house work given over to tender.
At this level do we need,
7 coaches for teams under 11
8 coaches for teams under16 - under 11
3 goalkeeping coaches
5 in sport science and medicine
2 academy performance analysts
5 Kit and utility
6 recruitment staff outside the senior management group
2 club ambassadors
16 at manager level in commercial and marketing
4 multi-media officers
And I sure there are many office and backroom jobs that require less input when club drops its dealings for £120 million to £50 million and aiming for £23 million.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 12:38 - Mar 22 with 2526 viewsBLAZE

Staggered you have the gall to turn up in threads discussing the mass lay off of local people

You've more front than your brother has chins.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 12:55 - Mar 22 with 2478 viewsDarran

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 12:38 - Mar 22 by BLAZE

Staggered you have the gall to turn up in threads discussing the mass lay off of local people

You've more front than your brother has chins.

I don’t know who he is but he’s a scummy ćunt that’s for sure. 🤮

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 13:09 - Mar 22 with 2432 viewsdobjack2

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 11:51 - Mar 22 by Badlands

Reduced purchases in shops, not as many needed in finance and legal, small drop in security, catering reduced, media team, hospitality,H, with the Swans taking over running of the Liberty some very similar jobs will combined or in house work given over to tender.
3 goalkeeping coaches
5 Kit and utility
2 club ambassadors
4 multi-media officers
And I sure there are many office and backroom jobs that require less input when club drops its dealings for £120 million to £50 million and aiming for £23 million.

The reality of relegation.

However we appear to be in a far bigger mess than we should be because of the way that it appears that the financial side of the club has been run over a number of years.

By the fans for the fans .... taking us to the next level....

Well some fans certainly went to the next level.
Login to get fewer ads

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 13:32 - Mar 22 with 2356 viewsmajorraglan

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 22:14 - Mar 21 by jasper_T

Relegated one year sooner and we're not in half this mess. Bony, Ayew and Clucas killed us.

The person who did the dals has to take some responsibility.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 13:44 - Mar 22 with 2329 viewsmajorraglan

3 goalkeeping coaches
5 Kit and utility
2 club ambassadors
4 multi-media officers

Traditionally, training and staff development is always the first area that sees the cuts, personally, that’s the area I would protect and I would do my very best to retain Cat 1 status. This is the life blood and future of the club especially outside the PL because as we have seen by the number of youngsters coming through in the Championship the Academy has a major part to play.

There will be first team players out the door this summer, players who joined in the PL days are likely to be on £20k per week minimum, that’s a £1m per player off the books. Youth is the future and the club needs to safeguard its future.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 14:00 - Mar 22 with 2300 viewsJackUlation

Even Bob Bradley has had his retainer stopped.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 14:02 - Mar 22 with 2291 viewsPozuelosSideys

Not sure why people are suprised by this. There will be more cuts to come too. Its the way of the world unfortunately - low end minions get booted whilst the ivory types continue to rake it in.

Of course this wont happen to the playing staff as we will be looking to cash in at the end of the season. Fully expect James, McBurnie, VDH etc to be sold off come summer.

But again, this is a just a response to relegation which was the fault of the previous administration. Lets not take eyes off the ball here. Wheres our legal action againt the sellers pls? We are waiting.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 15:29 - Mar 22 with 2169 viewsjack247

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 14:02 - Mar 22 by PozuelosSideys

Not sure why people are suprised by this. There will be more cuts to come too. Its the way of the world unfortunately - low end minions get booted whilst the ivory types continue to rake it in.

Of course this wont happen to the playing staff as we will be looking to cash in at the end of the season. Fully expect James, McBurnie, VDH etc to be sold off come summer.

But again, this is a just a response to relegation which was the fault of the previous administration. Lets not take eyes off the ball here. Wheres our legal action againt the sellers pls? We are waiting.

The current owners more than played their part in our relegation
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 15:53 - Mar 22 with 2130 viewsPozuelosSideys

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 15:29 - Mar 22 by jack247

The current owners more than played their part in our relegation

They didnt put us in this financial position through poor running of the club tho

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 15:59 - Mar 22 with 2124 viewsjack247

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 15:53 - Mar 22 by PozuelosSideys

They didnt put us in this financial position through poor running of the club tho

Yes they did.

They signed Bony, Clucas, Mesa, Ayew, Sanches, Abraham and gave them all big wages. The 6 of them ranged between abject and catastrophic.

No arguments that the club was on a downward spiral financially before they cane in, but they’ve certainly accelerated it.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 16:04 - Mar 22 with 2112 viewswaynekerr55

3 goalkeeping coaches
5 Kit and utility
2 club ambassadors
4 multi-media officers

For the academy 100% yes.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 16:04 - Mar 22 with 2109 viewslonglostjack

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 15:59 - Mar 22 by jack247

Yes they did.

They signed Bony, Clucas, Mesa, Ayew, Sanches, Abraham and gave them all big wages. The 6 of them ranged between abject and catastrophic.

No arguments that the club was on a downward spiral financially before they cane in, but they’ve certainly accelerated it.

And paid compensation to Guidolin to acquire the services of Bobbly who in turn was compensated for his contribution to raising the profile of comedians in football.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 16:05 - Mar 22 with 2103 viewslondonlisa2001

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 21:49 - Mar 21 by jasper_T

I've done some more reading into the details of the various academy levels, how other clubs are doing things. Tried to look at the situation from both sides rather than my existing pro-development football side. It is funny how opinions can change when you try to inform yourself further and look past a gut reaction.

I maintain that the investment into the academy was obviously money well spent while in the PL. And if we had £4m to spend I'd prefer it going on the academy than a single player (Celina's been decent but the rest of them last summer...). But if we're in dire straits cutting that from £4m to £1-2m could be a big difference in cashflow, but potentially not a major disruption in terms of players coming through in the next 3-4 years.

I'm not actually too worried about Cardiff, although Tivonge Rushesha is one I'd much rather playing with us than them, and he's from their way iirc. If they get Cat One as I think they intend we'll be competing with them again for youngsters whether we like it or not. Until they get relegated.

Come come Jasper. Someone with such a passionate interest in all things relating to the academy and development football and it’s only in the last couple of weeks that you’ve looked into the various academy levels and how it works?

Surely you do yourself a deep disservice?
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 16:06 - Mar 22 with 2101 viewsjack247

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 16:04 - Mar 22 by longlostjack

And paid compensation to Guidolin to acquire the services of Bobbly who in turn was compensated for his contribution to raising the profile of comedians in football.

Absolutely. Going through 4 managers in 2 seasons isn’t massively cost effective
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 16:09 - Mar 22 with 2094 viewsPozuelosSideys

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 15:59 - Mar 22 by jack247

Yes they did.

You think "they" signed all those players? Cmon, man. Its pretty obvious who had the day-to-day job of running the club, identifying the players, paying the fees, offering the contract and then signing it all off - and it wasnt the Americans.

Jenkins was the person running the club at the time. Do you think the Americans would stop and say "nah, dont like Bony - hes injured and 50 yrs old" or "nah, not signing that lay ginger twunt Clucas, hes rubbish" etc etc. They didnt and still dont know about football. They will just hire somebody who does - and is why Birch has been hired.

This is why Jenkins has been removed - he has underperformed.

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 16:21 - Mar 22 with 2063 viewsjasper_T

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 16:05 - Mar 22 by londonlisa2001

Come come Jasper. Someone with such a passionate interest in all things relating to the academy and development football and it’s only in the last couple of weeks that you’ve looked into the various academy levels and how it works?

Surely you do yourself a deep disservice?

It's nice of you to assume so. But I'm generally just reading up as I go.

Until fairly recently my interest was limited to watching games and supporting the teams. Beyond that I would only be looking into the players themselves as part of my research for SI. The specific differences between Cat 1/2/3 standards didn't really come up until Tailgunner's (iirc) thread about the rumours he'd heard of an impending downgrade.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 16:23 - Mar 22 with 2059 viewsjack247

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 16:09 - Mar 22 by PozuelosSideys

You think "they" signed all those players? Cmon, man. Its pretty obvious who had the day-to-day job of running the club, identifying the players, paying the fees, offering the contract and then signing it all off - and it wasnt the Americans.

Jenkins was the person running the club at the time. Do you think the Americans would stop and say "nah, dont like Bony - hes injured and 50 yrs old" or "nah, not signing that lay ginger twunt Clucas, hes rubbish" etc etc. They didnt and still dont know about football. They will just hire somebody who does - and is why Birch has been hired.

This is why Jenkins has been removed - he has underperformed.

He was their employee. He fcked up on their watch.

I’m not convinced he would have sacked a perfectly good manager and replaced him with Bob Bradley either.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 16:24 - Mar 22 with 2058 viewsjasper_T

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 16:23 - Mar 22 by jack247

He was their employee. He fcked up on their watch.

I’m not convinced he would have sacked a perfectly good manager and replaced him with Bob Bradley either.

Wanted Giggs.
Staff issued with redundancy letters on 16:45 - Mar 22 with 2025 viewswaynekerr55

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 07:46 - Mar 22 by WarwickHunt

Close - Huw Jenkins signing Bony, Ayew and Clucas killed us.

Yer average football fan on here thought all three signings were bonkers mental at the time yet the clownshoe Jenkins was paid 10k a week to ruin us even further with these absurd signings.

The thick, lazy, clueless cûnt.

I wonder if is other half is leaping to his defence on Twitter then?

Dineen's been quiet too, is he testing the Turkish Delight Cheesecake?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 19:01 - Mar 22 with 1887 viewsPozuelosSideys

Staff issued with redundancy letters on 16:45 - Mar 22 by waynekerr55

I wonder if is other half is leaping to his defence on Twitter then?

Dineen's been quiet too, is he testing the Turkish Delight Cheesecake?

Speaking of Turks, have we heard from Bayrum? Did he decide to come out with his secrets about Jenkins in the end? Turns out the bloke was right, and most of us probably owe him an apology
[Post edited 22 Mar 2019 19:02]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024