Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit. Which would you choose? 22:40 - Mar 22 with 4425 viewslonglostjack

Brexit. Which would you choose?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 22:37 - Mar 23 with 1641 viewsDippy

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 21:58 - Mar 23 by Gowerjack

"Then only this week we heard that 35k more people were in work and employment was at the same percentage level as it was in 1974

Even though there were much less people living in the UK than now..."

Thick.As.Mince.

It's mostly zero hour contracts and under £10 an hour positions. But it's pointless arguing with someone like valley/T2C.. both have ego's beyond rational thought. It's an ego driven world, where ego prospers over everything else.

Poll: Cooper Out

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 22:39 - Mar 23 with 1638 viewscontroversial_jack

I would like another vote in 5 years to rejoin the EU is we want
Brexit. Which would you choose? on 22:42 - Mar 23 with 1627 viewsAutophagy

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 22:37 - Mar 23 by Dippy

It's mostly zero hour contracts and under £10 an hour positions. But it's pointless arguing with someone like valley/T2C.. both have ego's beyond rational thought. It's an ego driven world, where ego prospers over everything else.

Nonsense. There are many well paid jobs out there, especially for tradesmen and others, who have bothered to get up off their arses and got themselves trained etc.
Brexit. Which would you choose? on 22:51 - Mar 23 with 1620 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 20:10 - Mar 23 by Autophagy

Where is the option of remain or see the country collapse ?
Because I’d rather see the country collapse, than remain in the Frankenstein project.

The only good thing that would come out of staying in the Frankenstein project, would be everything that goes wrong, will be blamed on the eu.

If the remoaners think, that it’ll be sunshine and rainbows, if Brexit is stopped...then they must be some of the thickest humans ever to have walked on planet earth.

The genie is out of the bottle, the rubicon has been crossed, and if Brexit is stopped, then it won’t be the end.

To quote a previous PM - “This isn’t be the end, not even the beginning of the end, but perhaps the end of the beginning”
🇬🇧

Dgt’s second new name in a week.

Poll: Tory leader

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 23:00 - Mar 23 with 1607 viewsDippy

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 22:42 - Mar 23 by Autophagy

Nonsense. There are many well paid jobs out there, especially for tradesmen and others, who have bothered to get up off their arses and got themselves trained etc.

Statistics say otherwise, but it's pointless arguing with you.. 2 million+ families live under £25,000 a year. It's a fact.

Poll: Cooper Out

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 23:05 - Mar 23 with 1607 viewsAutophagy

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 23:00 - Mar 23 by Dippy

Statistics say otherwise, but it's pointless arguing with you.. 2 million+ families live under £25,000 a year. It's a fact.

Well those 2 million, should go and get retrained, as there are many decent/well paid jobs around.
FACT.
Brexit. Which would you choose? on 23:38 - Mar 23 with 1584 viewslonglostjack

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 22:51 - Mar 23 by exiledclaseboy

He’s probably tucking into a staff discounted Waitrose curry in the Upper Wye Valley as we speak.

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 00:19 - Mar 24 with 1564 viewsmajorraglan

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 17:26 - Mar 23 by howenjack

We have to leave because that's what the majority voted for. We never voted for a deal of any kind . We voted to leave the EU pure and simple -no customs union no unfettered immigration . Leave means leave no strings attached.

Applying that logic, people voted for May as Prime Minister at the last GE, so the Conservative Party MP’s have to stick with her because it’s what the public wanted and voted for, even though 2 years later it’s been revealed to be a disaster. Um, I don’t think so.

At point in the build up to the referendum was all the stuff we are seeing now put on the table. People do have a right to change their mind.
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 06:19 - Mar 24 with 1529 viewsAutophagy

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 00:19 - Mar 24 by majorraglan

Applying that logic, people voted for May as Prime Minister at the last GE, so the Conservative Party MP’s have to stick with her because it’s what the public wanted and voted for, even though 2 years later it’s been revealed to be a disaster. Um, I don’t think so.

At point in the build up to the referendum was all the stuff we are seeing now put on the table. People do have a right to change their mind.

The people did not vote for May to be PM. Stop making things up.
Brexit. Which would you choose? on 06:21 - Mar 24 with 1527 viewsAutophagy

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 22:51 - Mar 23 by exiledclaseboy

Well done Columbo. Give yourself a gold star.
Brexit. Which would you choose? on 12:16 - Mar 24 with 1449 viewschad

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 20:15 - Mar 23 by union_jack

Having been part of the EU we know it’s not all sunshine and rainbows. But it’s the better if all the options for this country economically, imo of course.

I think that statement is better levelled at leavers who seem to think we’re going to return to a world portrayed in Genevieve. The world has changed, this country has changed. It’s not reversible.

Genevieve seriously

Perhaps if people wish to stop imposing ludicrous jaded stereotypes and others whose best argument is abuse, then there could be real debate

The world and country has long changed. It could be argued that those unwilling to evaluate fitness for purpose, by clinging to the decades old comfort blanket of the EU are the ones unwilling to embrace change.

Being a part of Europe is a long term geographic fact. Being a member of the European Union members club is most definitely reversible and very easily so.

The effects of that v the desire to remain in a massive and expensive remote organisation, a machine very different from the one we agreed to join, with expansionist desires and secret negotiations, who has very much shown its attitude to wayward children who threaten their centralised power in Europe, is a different matter.
Brexit. Which would you choose? on 12:38 - Mar 24 with 1433 viewsProfessor

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 20:45 - Mar 23 by valleyboy

God help you and the country if you had McDonnell as the next Chancellor and Abbott as the next Home Secretary

It wouldn’t be long before the IMF would be called in, like they were before in the late 70’s to sort the horrendous mess that he would do with the economy

Why is it that every time a Labour government has left office

They have left the country in a mess finaciallyl and unemployment going through the roof

Also bear in mind the opposition at the time of the crash were baying to remove more financial regulation. Could have been much worse
Brexit. Which would you choose? on 12:45 - Mar 24 with 1425 viewsProfessor

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 22:42 - Mar 23 by Autophagy

Utter rubbish. My brother, a plasterer, has struggled to find regular work over the last decade. Regularly commutes to Oxfordshire, Bristol etc for work. South Wales is awash with trades. We have never recovered from the loss of high skill, high wage manufacturing/industry. Will get worse leaving EU too. I see no future for Vauxhall or Airbus in the U.K., the 2 biggest employers where I live. In Liverpool the four biggest employers are the NHS, the city and the two universities. I am sure Swansea is not much different. Beyond that an awful lot of jobs are low paid and insecure. The stastics don’t reveal details
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 13:15]
Brexit. Which would you choose? on 12:59 - Mar 24 with 1412 viewsProfessor

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 20:23 - Mar 23 by valleyboy

So you can prove that one of the sides was finance by illegal foreign funds and a campaign of deliberate misinformation designed to harm or country in order to improve the power of another

So where is your link for the above other than it was written in a paper like the Guardian

You only have to hear what the previous chancellor said in that he would have to bring in an emergency budget if Leave win and unemployment would go through the roof

Then only this week we heard that 35k more people were in work and employment was at the same percentage level as it was in 1974

Even though there were much less people living in the UK than now

If the Met were not being leant in then perhaps they would act on the CPS file they have had for some time. I believe there has been extensive reporting in other EU countries of the evidence.
Brexit. Which would you choose? on 13:03 - Mar 24 with 1408 viewsProfessor

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 20:15 - Mar 23 by union_jack

Having been part of the EU we know it’s not all sunshine and rainbows. But it’s the better if all the options for this country economically, imo of course.

I think that statement is better levelled at leavers who seem to think we’re going to return to a world portrayed in Genevieve. The world has changed, this country has changed. It’s not reversible.

We are a small country. We have a limited industrial base compared to similar countries. The EU is not perfect but many directives and regulations that the likes of the Sun, Mail and Telegraph act to protect its citizens, the environment and public health. They add costs and limit profits.
There are regulations that don’t favour the rich or those seeking to avoid taxation. Often those controlling the media.
Brexit. Which would you choose? on 17:25 - Mar 24 with 1354 viewsunion_jack

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 12:16 - Mar 24 by chad

Genevieve seriously

Perhaps if people wish to stop imposing ludicrous jaded stereotypes and others whose best argument is abuse, then there could be real debate

The world and country has long changed. It could be argued that those unwilling to evaluate fitness for purpose, by clinging to the decades old comfort blanket of the EU are the ones unwilling to embrace change.

Being a part of Europe is a long term geographic fact. Being a member of the European Union members club is most definitely reversible and very easily so.

The effects of that v the desire to remain in a massive and expensive remote organisation, a machine very different from the one we agreed to join, with expansionist desires and secret negotiations, who has very much shown its attitude to wayward children who threaten their centralised power in Europe, is a different matter.

I did say that the EU is not perfect but taking everything into account, much of which has come to light over the past 2 years along with the departures of companies as well as those likely to leave then it’s the best place to be. We can’t throw away the opportunity to be part of the largest economic trading bloc in the world. It’s lunacy even though it comes at a price.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 18:12 - Mar 24 with 1327 viewsDr_Winston

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 19:57 - Mar 23 by londonlisa2001

Tell the brexiteers who have voted against the current deal twice and are doing so again this week. Not me.

They didn’t tell the same load of lies though. One exaggerated the immediacy of the effects of the vote and one was financed by illegal foreign funds and a campaign of deliberate misinformation designed to harm our country in order to improve the power of another.

It’s like saying someone speeding is the same as someone murdering 10 people. Both have broken the law, but it’s not equivalent.

"One exaggerated the immediacy of the effects of the vote"

Is that like the "emergency budget required just in the advent of an exit vote" and the "800,000 unemployed straight after" guff that Osborne spouted?

I get that people have different opinions on the whole shebang. It's the nature of people. I am having a hard time with one side claiming that they're as pure as driven snow and only their opponents were full of shit and misinformation.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 19:26 - Mar 24 with 1297 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 18:12 - Mar 24 by Dr_Winston

Is that like the "emergency budget required just in the advent of an exit vote" and the "800,000 unemployed straight after" guff that Osborne spouted?

I get that people have different opinions on the whole shebang. It's the nature of people. I am having a hard time with one side claiming that they're as pure as driven snow and only their opponents were full of shit and misinformation.

I think it’s well established and accepted that both campaigns were a shitstorm of f*ckwittery. Although only one campaign broke the law.

Poll: Tory leader

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 20:28 - Mar 24 with 1252 viewsMrSwerve

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 19:53 - Mar 23 by londonlisa2001

I find it strange that nearly 100% of the people that want us to listen to the will of the people only want to listen to it at one fixed point in time.

If you genuinely think the will of the people is still to leave, what are you worried about?

As it happens, I don’t think we’ll have one and I am ok with that. As long as we have a sensible deal. Which at the moment we don’t have. We just have a withdrawal agreement with only a sketchy outline of the future.

My favoured option from where we are is to take a long delay, negotiate a proper deal with cross party consensus (as the leave campaign said would hapoen), and then leave. With customs union and single market access.
Or a free trade agreement.

Job done, and reflects the original vote. We’ve left, but not by cutting off our nose to spite our face.

[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 20:35]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 21:02 - Mar 24 with 1220 viewslondonlisa2001

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 18:12 - Mar 24 by Dr_Winston

An emergency budget didn’t happen because the Bank Of England took extraordinary measures to stabilise the economy including a cut in interest rates by a quarter point to 0.25 per cent, to restart quantitative easing, pumping an additional £70bn into the economy, and to provide additional support for banks so they could offer cheap credit to households and businesses.

Also, at the time of the vote, policymakers around the world were in despair about the weakness of the global economy in general, and of advanced economies in particular.

But the downward revisions stopped in the second half of 2016 for advanced economies. Forecasts were revised higher, especially in Europe, thanks to faster-than-expected growth, inflation and falls in unemployment.

N one is claiming anyone was as pure as the driven snow. The leave campaign broke the law.
Brexit. Which would you choose? on 10:36 - Mar 25 with 1116 viewsjackrmee

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 20:45 - Mar 23 by valleyboy

God help you and the country if you had McDonnell as the next Chancellor and Abbott as the next Home Secretary

It wouldn’t be long before the IMF would be called in, like they were before in the late 70’s to sort the horrendous mess that he would do with the economy

Why is it that every time a Labour government has left office

They have left the country in a mess finaciallyl and unemployment going through the roof

Why is it??!!
Why is it that you press enter every time you should press the fuking space bar or full stop?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 11:13 - Mar 25 with 1105 viewsBatterseajack

So 25 votes for leave with no deal;- How many of these belong to DGTs various accounts?
Brexit. Which would you choose? on 11:58 - Mar 25 with 1093 viewsJJJack

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 12:16 - Mar 24 by chad

Genevieve seriously

Great post. I can understand people wanting to "remain part of Europe" - but we always will. Remaining in the EU - whenever this comes up and people make posts such as you have - there's no response. The EU is basically a cover for what's really happening/what they want to happen - a major war with Russia for a start.
I voted "Remain". But now I can't wait for us to leave. Within 10yrs most people would wonder why we ever wanted to remain. The EU will be finished well before that if the public in other countries get their way - and they eventually will.
Brexit. Which would you choose? on 12:10 - Mar 25 with 1079 viewslonglostjack

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 11:58 - Mar 25 by JJJack

Great post. I can understand people wanting to "remain part of Europe" - but we always will. Remaining in the EU - whenever this comes up and people make posts such as you have - there's no response. The EU is basically a cover for what's really happening/what they want to happen - a major war with Russia for a start.
I voted "Remain". But now I can't wait for us to leave. Within 10yrs most people would wonder why we ever wanted to remain. The EU will be finished well before that if the public in other countries get their way - and they eventually will.

Where on earth do you start with that post. The EU is seeking a war with Russia?

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 12:14 - Mar 25 with 1077 viewsBatterseajack

Brexit. Which would you choose? on 11:58 - Mar 25 by JJJack

Whats there to respond to? Its generally nonsense.

How is the EU a comfort blanket? What does that even mean that otherwise trying make out that remainers are saps and need comforting.

Yes being a member of it is reversible, bit its clearly not easily so. Look how little we achieved on this in the last 2 years.

The organisation isn't that expensive. We get access to a vast amount of zero friction trade with less red tape in return for a small fraction of our annual expenditure.

"Within 10yrs most people would wonder why we ever wanted to remain." Leavers say things like this a lot, without really ever explaining why or what this is based on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024