Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Villa, Derby and Sheff W 10:34 - Mar 23 with 3295 viewsdonkonky

Looks like more clubs being dragged into a possible points deduction. Interesting look to the table if they suffer a 9 point reversal.
Villa, Derby and Sheff W on 10:50 - Mar 23 with 3245 viewsjasper_T

Won't be punished this season.

A lot of the top Championship teams will be trying to offload key players in the summer. Boro another team desperate to pare down the value of their squad to something approaching sustainable.
Villa, Derby and Sheff W on 12:55 - Mar 23 with 3049 viewsBadlands

Weren't Leeds in a desperate position last year?
I can't get my head around FFP given the eye-watering debts some clubs have.

Apparently we have debts to the banks and owners of £9.3 million.
Only Norwich owe less £6.5million.
Brum were 12h with £34.4 million

Stoke owe £122.7 million

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/this-is-how-m

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Villa, Derby and Sheff W on 14:17 - Mar 23 with 2914 viewsPozuelosSideys

This will be us unless and until we continue to get our house in order. Something to think about.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2019 14:17]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Villa, Derby and Sheff W on 15:30 - Mar 23 with 2821 viewsGlyn1

Villa, Derby and Sheff W on 12:55 - Mar 23 by Badlands

Stoke owe £122.7 million

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/this-is-how-m

Wow, Ipswich are 4th highest in debt owing £95 million. How the hell can they repay that once they're relegated to League One? Do they have a rich owner?

UPDATE: Yes they do have a rich owner.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2019 17:08]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Villa, Derby and Sheff W on 17:32 - Mar 23 with 2648 viewssainthelens

Villa, Derby and Sheff W on 15:30 - Mar 23 by Glyn1

Wow, Ipswich are 4th highest in debt owing £95 million. How the hell can they repay that once they're relegated to League One? Do they have a rich owner?

UPDATE: Yes they do have a rich owner.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2019 17:08]

One reason he could be rich is that he never pays his bills.
Villa, Derby and Sheff W on 17:33 - Mar 23 with 2645 viewshowenjack

Villa have got to be in massive debt they have a large squad with highly paid players no parachute money. I think they are gambling on going up and if they don't make it You won't recognise half their squad next year.
Villa, Derby and Sheff W on 18:11 - Mar 23 with 2603 viewsLuther27

Villa, Derby and Sheff W on 12:55 - Mar 23 by Badlands

Stoke owe £122.7 million

I thought we had a £30 million black hole? According to the article we owe £9.3 million. That's a big difference. What are the figures based on and how up to date are they?
Villa, Derby and Sheff W on 18:23 - Mar 23 with 2579 viewsjasper_T

Villa, Derby and Sheff W on 18:11 - Mar 23 by Luther27

I thought we had a £30 million black hole? According to the article we owe £9.3 million. That's a big difference. What are the figures based on and how up to date are they?

£9.3m debt, the black hole is the budget deficit.

Debts are manageable if you can afford the interest (Man Utd aren't sweating £500m of debt) but a deficit is a huge issue with revenue decreasing further year on year.
Login to get fewer ads

Villa, Derby and Sheff W on 18:59 - Mar 23 with 2548 viewshowenjack

Man Utd are a special case -one of the 3 richest clubs in the World.
Villa, Derby and Sheff W on 18:59 - Mar 23 with 2545 viewsploppy

Villa, Derby and Sheff W on 18:23 - Mar 23 by jasper_T

Debts are manageable if you can afford the interest (Man Utd aren't sweating £500m of debt) but a deficit is a huge issue with revenue decreasing further year on year.

In fairness, he wouldn't be the only one who doesn't understand the difference between debt and deficit. Half the country don't.

Before anyone gets upset - I have no idea if "half the country" don't. I was using the term figuratively rather than literally. But then, half the country don't understand what literally means these days either.
Villa, Derby and Sheff W on 19:06 - Mar 23 with 2527 viewsbluey_the_blue

Villa, Derby and Sheff W on 17:33 - Mar 23 by howenjack

Villa have got to be in massive debt they have a large squad with highly paid players no parachute money. I think they are gambling on going up and if they don't make it You won't recognise half their squad next year.

The problem is teams gamble because there's little punishment.

Go up, you're then in the Prem, a different entity to FL so can't be docked points or have transfer ban. FA set the precedent with Bournemouth, - fined them £1m for every £6m over the allowed limit.

As the loss was £42m, they got fined £7m. They made, from memory, £107m in TV money alone the first season in the Prem.

So there's no real disincentive for teams to abide by FFP anyway. Don't go up, well even if punished you need to team squad apart anyway as you can't afford them.

FFP as implemented is designed to bolster big teams, nothing else. I don't agree with capping individual salaries directly but do favour a salary cap for first team squad ( u21s exempt from that ). Say £50m in Championshop. Can pay your senior players whatever they desire as long as the team cap isn't exceeded.
Villa, Derby and Sheff W on 00:54 - Mar 24 with 2298 viewsmajorraglan

Villa, Derby and Sheff W on 18:23 - Mar 23 by jasper_T

Agreed, with income sliding outgoings have to be trimmed to ensure the club is sustainable. I also believe that the first instalment of next seasons parachute payment was “sold” last year so that deficit needs to be be addressed.

I think most posters realised there would be big cuts last summer and lots of players would be moved on, but I didn’t think they would be as severe as they were. The club is now paying the price for some very poor business in the transfer market and not being able to offfload players for tidy prices. If the club fan move the likes of the Ayew’s, Baston and others on big wages on coupled with a few players being moved on for tidy prices, I would hope that it will address a lot of the financial issues.

The only way to deal wth FFP branches are points deductions, tones in the PL mean relatively little.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024