Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
(Not so) United Kingdom 10:52 - Mar 27 with 3452 viewscostalotta

Brexit is causing chaos with the country split and unable to get behind anything it seems. The political system has broken down and shown to be out of date, out of touch and dysfunctional. At least for now anyway.

Maybot to get her deal through then resign, a hardliner taking the reigns and God knows what then.

What are the chances of the United Kingdom remaining united?
Should Scotland chase and achieve independence?
Would Wales also seek independence?

I am not sure that prior to Brexit this was a runner but as the Brexit process goes on and with big possibility of it getting through do you think in time Wales, its people will demand that we go our own way?

In the past I would have been against this, but i think it get put on the table should the worst happen. There should be at least a discussion.
(Not so) United Kingdom on 11:31 - Mar 27 with 3415 viewsWingstandwood

We're living in horrid times!

If you told me 25 yrs ago that there would be food banks in supermarkets, Romanian immigrants selling Big Issue magazines outside Gorseinon Home Bargains and Swansea Waterstones etc.

If you told me there would be an introduction and proliferation of thingy's called zero-hour-contracts, if you told me moralistic treatment of workers had gone to the wall, if you told me Wales would have a Welsh Assembly pursuing Thatcherite policies of regional division. If you told me many young had little guarantee(s) of job security or long term future.

If you told me people could not access an NHS dentist, if you told me cancer patients were spending hours getting through to their GP because of a triage system, if you told me some ambulances weren't turning up, if you told me the electorate voted out of the EU because of EU lunacy...(can name so much more but won't).

If you had told me all of this? I would have said it was all a bad dream or some Orwellian-esque prophesy gone stark raving bonkers. Yep, something tells me the political system is incompetent, broken, utter sh1te and its contributed significantly towards the Brexit situation.

Argus!

(Not so) United Kingdom on 13:16 - Mar 27 with 3362 viewsdickythorpe

Apathy rules. People are disillusioned with those in power.

Many more concerned and struggling with their own lives and jobs.
(Not so) United Kingdom on 15:39 - Mar 27 with 3306 viewspikeypaul

What do you expect when we have politicians who openly oppose democracy?

Apart from the democracy that makes us pay them £80,000 a year.

What’s just as bad are the losers who are happy to discard democracy,you get the politicians you deserve and that will never end.

I am finding it all hilarious to be honest,and long may it continue,the very funny thing is nothing at all politically will be discussed in the commons for a long time apart from them trying to stop the will of the people.

The next GE is going to be very interesting ,with certain current MPs shitting themselves.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 15:46]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

(Not so) United Kingdom on 15:47 - Mar 27 with 3286 viewsWarwickHunt

(Not so) United Kingdom on 15:39 - Mar 27 by pikeypaul

What’s just as bad are the losers who are happy to discard democracy,you get the politicians you deserve and that will never end.

I am finding it all hilarious to be honest,and long may it continue,the very funny thing is nothing at all politically will be discussed in the commons for a long time apart from them trying to stop the will of the people.

The next GE is going to be very interesting ,with certain current MPs shitting themselves.

So are we, Pikey - especially the bit about voting being undemocratic.
(Not so) United Kingdom on 15:57 - Mar 27 with 3270 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

Clocks go forward this weekend.
Expect the riots to start as soon as there's a spot of hot weather.
(Not so) United Kingdom on 16:46 - Mar 27 with 3227 viewsJack59

Yes The Cardiff assembly has been brilliant and done so much for Swansea and the rest of Wales, It's almost been embarrassing how they've sacrificed the economic needs of Cardiff to benefit the rest of Wales.

But seriously, they only need to keep blasting out the welsh language in all the supermarkets, flying the flag and getting behind it at every opportunity, encouraging the mates they see in the Cardiff wine bars, who are executives of the TV companies to produce dramas and programming to promote 'Welshness'
and it's job done, Independence will be upon us.

See the problem is, we are so passionate about Wales - We just can't help ourselves!
(Not so) United Kingdom on 19:11 - Mar 27 with 3172 viewslonglostjack

(Not so) United Kingdom on 11:31 - Mar 27 by Wingstandwood

If you told me 25 yrs ago that there would be food banks in supermarkets, Romanian immigrants selling Big Issue magazines outside Gorseinon Home Bargains and Swansea Waterstones etc.

If you told me there would be an introduction and proliferation of thingy's called zero-hour-contracts, if you told me moralistic treatment of workers had gone to the wall, if you told me Wales would have a Welsh Assembly pursuing Thatcherite policies of regional division. If you told me many young had little guarantee(s) of job security or long term future.

If you told me people could not access an NHS dentist, if you told me cancer patients were spending hours getting through to their GP because of a triage system, if you told me some ambulances weren't turning up, if you told me the electorate voted out of the EU because of EU lunacy...(can name so much more but won't).

If you had told me all of this? I would have said it was all a bad dream or some Orwellian-esque prophesy gone stark raving bonkers. Yep, something tells me the political system is incompetent, broken, utter sh1te and its contributed significantly towards the Brexit situation.

Why do the Rumanian sellers of the Big Issue wind you up so much? They’ve probably found a loophole in employment law that they can exploit. Viscount Rothermere the owner of the Daily Mail uses loopholes to avoid paying tax in the UK despite the fact that he’s a billionaire. That gets my goat more than a Rumanian doing his best to feed his family.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

(Not so) United Kingdom on 19:30 - Mar 27 with 3156 viewsfelixstowe_jack

If you told me 25 years ago we would a record number of people in work I would never have believed you either.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

(Not so) United Kingdom on 19:33 - Mar 27 with 3144 viewsdickythorpe

If you'd told me 25 years ago that many of us would be typing our thoughts into print that can be read on an internet forum I'd have run for the hills and waited with a pitchfork and a tanker of petrol and matches.
(Not so) United Kingdom on 20:05 - Mar 27 with 3121 viewsWingstandwood

(Not so) United Kingdom on 19:11 - Mar 27 by longlostjack

Why do the Rumanian sellers of the Big Issue wind you up so much? They’ve probably found a loophole in employment law that they can exploit. Viscount Rothermere the owner of the Daily Mail uses loopholes to avoid paying tax in the UK despite the fact that he’s a billionaire. That gets my goat more than a Rumanian doing his best to feed his family.

Why? Cos I live on planet earth! it goes to show the utter sh1te state the Welsh economy is in when this sort of thing is happening. There are now Individuals that choose to leave their own country with the pre-planned intent/preference to take up 'homeless' status from day one. Makes a mockery of economic immigration. Why the gangmasters in some cases?

How many do you know (refugees aside) that emigrate with the sole intent/plan to have homeless status from day one? They set foot on their adopted homeland soil with that intent and that intent only.

Apparently these individuals have middlemen, enablers and fixers that aid and abet their emigration and Big Issue initiative. Also the fact these 'professional' (*cough, cough*) homeless Romanians have resorted to threats upon U.K homeless takes the piss bigtime.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fears-gang-masters-could-run
https://www.scotsman.com/news/vendors-to-strike-as-east-europeans-are-big-issue-

Argus!

(Not so) United Kingdom on 20:17 - Mar 27 with 3106 viewsItchySphincter

(Not so) United Kingdom on 15:39 - Mar 27 by pikeypaul

A second vote would be soooooo undemocratic, wah, wah, wah, what a crybaby. Eat sh!t.

Meanwhile the PM attempts to return her deal to the vote for the third time.....

Stupid people are stupid.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

(Not so) United Kingdom (n/t) on 20:26 - Mar 27 with 3099 viewsWingstandwood

(Not so) United Kingdom on 19:11 - Mar 27 by longlostjack

[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 20:27]

Argus!

(Not so) United Kingdom (n/t) on 20:31 - Mar 27 with 3087 viewsWingstandwood

(Not so) United Kingdom (n/t) on 20:26 - Mar 27 by Wingstandwood

[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 20:27]

Forgot to add, I cannot ever remember anytime when economic migration has been used to import homelessness. Just goes to show the common sense levels of some of the EU elite.

Argus!

(Not so) United Kingdom (n/t) on 20:55 - Mar 27 with 3050 viewslonglostjack

(Not so) United Kingdom (n/t) on 20:31 - Mar 27 by Wingstandwood

Forgot to add, I cannot ever remember anytime when economic migration has been used to import homelessness. Just goes to show the common sense levels of some of the EU elite.

The elite are the Moggs and Johnsons mate. I still don’t understand why you focus on a relatively small group of Rumanians. As for gangmasters etc. of course there are problems and it’s down to national governments to sort it out. Why do you turn a blind eye to the positive contributions and work ethic of many “immigrants” from the EU? Remember “Auf Wiedersehen Pet” ? German brickies were up in arms because the British brickies were working too fast and the Dutch contractors weren’t checking trade qualifications. Short memories.

(Not so) United Kingdom (n/t) on 21:11 - Mar 27 with 3014 viewsWingstandwood

(Not so) United Kingdom (n/t) on 20:55 - Mar 27 by longlostjack

The elite are the Moggs and Johnsons mate. I still don’t understand why you focus on a relatively small group of Rumanians. As for gangmasters etc. of course there are problems and it’s down to national governments to sort it out. Why do you turn a blind eye to the positive contributions and work ethic of many “immigrants” from the EU? Remember “Auf Wiedersehen Pet” ? German brickies were up in arms because the British brickies were working too fast and the Dutch contractors weren’t checking trade qualifications. Short memories.

Well like I've said, it does not look very good for what the Welsh economy has to offer along with its future prospects when individuals choose to emigrate to a country with the sole intention to become homeless upon arrival and to stay homeless there after.

Not exactly land of opportunity, in fact rather damning. Yes, good work ethic that has cut wages of indigenous workforce, caused left wing unions to protest (pay the rate Port Talbot etc) and destroyed working conditions, job security and help breed unscrupulous employment agencies. That did not happen in Germany!

If you're happy with practice(s) that Thatcher would appreciate, thats you, it is not me. I think the youth of this country in particular deserve far better.

Argus!

(Not so) United Kingdom on 21:19 - Mar 27 with 2999 viewsKilkennyjack

(Not so) United Kingdom on 16:46 - Mar 27 by Jack59

Yes The Cardiff assembly has been brilliant and done so much for Swansea and the rest of Wales, It's almost been embarrassing how they've sacrificed the economic needs of Cardiff to benefit the rest of Wales.

But seriously, they only need to keep blasting out the welsh language in all the supermarkets, flying the flag and getting behind it at every opportunity, encouraging the mates they see in the Cardiff wine bars, who are executives of the TV companies to produce dramas and programming to promote 'Welshness'
and it's job done, Independence will be upon us.

See the problem is, we are so passionate about Wales - We just can't help ourselves!

Could be worse mind Jack ...

We could have caused illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, bought a nuclear missile system that we will never use for £205 billion, created a hugely expensive brexit that may trash peace in the north of Ireland, and take benefits off 160,000 disabled people.

But lets moan about our Welsh Government instead...

Beware of the Risen People

(Not so) United Kingdom (n/t) on 21:32 - Mar 27 with 2988 viewslonglostjack

(Not so) United Kingdom (n/t) on 21:11 - Mar 27 by Wingstandwood

Well like I've said, it does not look very good for what the Welsh economy has to offer along with its future prospects when individuals choose to emigrate to a country with the sole intention to become homeless upon arrival and to stay homeless there after.

Not exactly land of opportunity, in fact rather damning. Yes, good work ethic that has cut wages of indigenous workforce, caused left wing unions to protest (pay the rate Port Talbot etc) and destroyed working conditions, job security and help breed unscrupulous employment agencies. That did not happen in Germany!

If you're happy with practice(s) that Thatcher would appreciate, thats you, it is not me. I think the youth of this country in particular deserve far better.

Yes it did in Germany in the seventies, certainly in the building trade. The unscrupulous agencies were the Dutch subcontractors and the Brits were undercutting the Germans. Not to talk of hod carriers being passed off as bricklayers.
As for Port Talbot you can’t blame the work ethic of East European labour. It’s the lax labour laws that allowed the employers to pay below the rate that was no doubt the problem. German steel industry has NO problems with cheap East European labour. IG Metal, the main Union, backed by strict collective bargaining agreements sort that out. It’s easy to always blame the EU than look for the real source of the problems which are homemade.

(Not so) United Kingdom (n/t) on 21:44 - Mar 27 with 2968 viewsWingstandwood

(Not so) United Kingdom (n/t) on 21:32 - Mar 27 by longlostjack

Yes it did in Germany in the seventies, certainly in the building trade. The unscrupulous agencies were the Dutch subcontractors and the Brits were undercutting the Germans. Not to talk of hod carriers being passed off as bricklayers.
As for Port Talbot you can’t blame the work ethic of East European labour. It’s the lax labour laws that allowed the employers to pay below the rate that was no doubt the problem. German steel industry has NO problems with cheap East European labour. IG Metal, the main Union, backed by strict collective bargaining agreements sort that out. It’s easy to always blame the EU than look for the real source of the problems which are homemade.

Well if you wish to defend/excuse the status quo, so be it.

Argus!

(Not so) United Kingdom (n/t) on 21:58 - Mar 27 with 2950 viewslonglostjack

(Not so) United Kingdom (n/t) on 21:44 - Mar 27 by Wingstandwood

Well if you wish to defend/excuse the status quo, so be it.

I don’t. Leaving the EU isn’t the answer though. That’s just a convenient scapegoat. Anyway off to walk the dog. Hungarian bitch 😉.

(Not so) United Kingdom on 01:31 - Mar 28 with 2867 viewsJack59

(Not so) United Kingdom on 21:19 - Mar 27 by Kilkennyjack

Could be worse mind Jack ...

We could have caused illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, bought a nuclear missile system that we will never use for £205 billion, created a hugely expensive brexit that may trash peace in the north of Ireland, and take benefits off 160,000 disabled people.

But lets moan about our Welsh Government instead...

I'm moaning about the Welsh Government because the question is asked in part of the thread, should Wales seek independence?
(Not so) United Kingdom on 01:49 - Mar 28 with 2860 viewsEbo

(Not so) United Kingdom on 19:30 - Mar 27 by felixstowe_jack

If you told me 25 years ago we would a record number of people in work I would never have believed you either.

If you told me 25 years ago we'd have over 1m using foodbanks, work poverty, zero hour contracts and a cash strapped crumbling NHS, I wouldn't have believed you either.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

(Not so) United Kingdom on 02:10 - Mar 28 with 2854 viewsDJack

(Not so) United Kingdom on 01:49 - Mar 28 by Ebo

If you told me 25 years ago we'd have over 1m using foodbanks, work poverty, zero hour contracts and a cash strapped crumbling NHS, I wouldn't have believed you either.

But you would have correctly guessed it as under a Tory Paliament.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

(Not so) United Kingdom on 14:11 - Mar 28 with 2701 viewsAlfieMooresSon

(Not so) United Kingdom on 11:31 - Mar 27 by Wingstandwood

Did you think we have had seven seasons in the premier league ???
[Post edited 28 Mar 2019 14:13]
(Not so) United Kingdom on 04:45 - Mar 29 with 2596 viewsKilkennyjack

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024