Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Section 117 aftercare 17:05 - Mar 28 with 2058 viewsTWGL

Probably a long shot, however, I was wondering if any contributors have any advice on this subject, as I am encountering funding issues with the Local Authority.

Thanks in advance
Section 117 aftercare on 17:16 - Mar 28 with 2040 viewsGlyn1

Very sorry to hear that. I don't have any personal experience but have you contacted the Mind Charity helpline:

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/legal-rights/leaving-hospital/sectio

Good luck

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Section 117 aftercare on 21:59 - Mar 29 with 1823 viewskarnataka

Section 117 aftercare on 17:16 - Mar 28 by Glyn1

Very sorry to hear that. I don't have any personal experience but have you contacted the Mind Charity helpline:

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/legal-rights/leaving-hospital/sectio

Good luck

Section 117 Aftercare is free but if you are having problems you should speak to your care coordinator. If you don't have one or don't fancy doing that, you are entitled to an Independent Mental Health Advocate and their help is free. In my experience IMHAs can be very helpful. My wife is on a CTO and her care coordinator is quite helpful but she has used IMHAs in the past when a previous care coordinator was definitely less than helpful. Fortunately, she's never needed funding even though she is entitled to it but I can't remember what the payment is called.

Good luck.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2019 22:01]
Section 117 aftercare on 18:16 - Mar 30 with 1687 viewsTWGL

I’ve just had an update , they have advised me over the phone that they are happy to backdate to 2001 due to incorrectly charging my mother.

The backdate could be in excess of £100k.

Whilst I’m happy with the outcome , it really does make you wonder how many families are unaware of the legislation and are incorrectly being charged....

I did threaten to sue them too.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 18:18]
Section 117 aftercare on 18:24 - Mar 30 with 1676 viewswestwalesed

Section 117 aftercare on 18:16 - Mar 30 by TWGL

I’ve just had an update , they have advised me over the phone that they are happy to backdate to 2001 due to incorrectly charging my mother.

The backdate could be in excess of £100k.

Whilst I’m happy with the outcome , it really does make you wonder how many families are unaware of the legislation and are incorrectly being charged....

I did threaten to sue them too.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 18:18]

PM me direct if you like I used to work as an IMHA

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024