Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Such a Shame! 17:49 - Apr 2 with 2164 viewsjack2jack

Just what is happening to our once lovely town.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8764379/britains-worst-high-street-hookers-sex/
Such a Shame! on 18:04 - Apr 2 with 2131 viewsJonathans_coat

I know.....

......reporters from that rag scumming up the place. Shocking.
Such a Shame! on 18:08 - Apr 2 with 2118 viewsjack2jack

Such a Shame! on 18:04 - Apr 2 by Jonathans_coat

I know.....

......reporters from that rag scumming up the place. Shocking.

I think a lot of it is more than just hearsay tbh. It's definitely taken a turn for the worst in recent times, and it pains me to say that.
Such a Shame! on 18:27 - Apr 2 with 2078 viewsJonathans_coat

Such a Shame! on 18:08 - Apr 2 by jack2jack

I think a lot of it is more than just hearsay tbh. It's definitely taken a turn for the worst in recent times, and it pains me to say that.

It certainly needs a lot of work, but that is a truly terrible “article”.

Several mentions of “cops”, “boozers” ect. And the inference that this is Swansea’s main shopping street. Truth is high street hasn’t been the “high street” of Swansea since the Blitz, the de facto mantle being taken on by Oxford Street.

My favourite bit is this:-

“Unemployment and the internet has also put people out of business, with statistics from the year to September 2018 showing 6,700 people out of work.”

What does that even mean!? It’s almost unintelligible bulls**t. It’s like it’s being written by morons, for morons........

.......oh wait, it’s the sun, of course it is! (Apologies to any offended sun readers!)
[Post edited 2 Apr 2019 18:34]
Such a Shame! on 18:56 - Apr 2 with 2034 viewsjack2jack

Such a Shame! on 18:27 - Apr 2 by Jonathans_coat

It certainly needs a lot of work, but that is a truly terrible “article”.

Several mentions of “cops”, “boozers” ect. And the inference that this is Swansea’s main shopping street. Truth is high street hasn’t been the “high street” of Swansea since the Blitz, the de facto mantle being taken on by Oxford Street.

My favourite bit is this:-

“Unemployment and the internet has also put people out of business, with statistics from the year to September 2018 showing 6,700 people out of work.”

What does that even mean!? It’s almost unintelligible bulls**t. It’s like it’s being written by morons, for morons........

.......oh wait, it’s the sun, of course it is! (Apologies to any offended sun readers!)
[Post edited 2 Apr 2019 18:34]

I hear what your saying JC, it is a poor article, but it's not far from the truth in some respects, other papers have also written on this topic, perhaps I should have chosen more wisely.
The problem of drugs and couples having you know what in broad daylight are more than just hearsay, it's shocking stuff and the problem has to be sorted.
It's our City and I don't appreciate sh!tbags coming in and spoiling it for one and all.
Such a Shame! on 19:00 - Apr 2 with 2022 viewssainthelens

A tenner FFS. It's gonna put the studio outa business.
Such a Shame! on 19:12 - Apr 2 with 1996 viewsGaryjack

Funnily enough, i actually went into town on Saturday night, I left La Cantina in Wind St at about 9.20pm and walked all the way to the top of High St to get a bus home outside the church just across from the station. I saw nothing of the sort that was described in that appalling article.
Such a Shame! on 19:13 - Apr 2 with 1990 viewsjack2jack

Such a Shame! on 19:12 - Apr 2 by Garyjack

Funnily enough, i actually went into town on Saturday night, I left La Cantina in Wind St at about 9.20pm and walked all the way to the top of High St to get a bus home outside the church just across from the station. I saw nothing of the sort that was described in that appalling article.

Aye! it all goes on during the day that's why😁
Such a Shame! on 19:15 - Apr 2 with 1984 viewssainthelens

That's your excuse I take it?
Login to get fewer ads

Such a Shame! on 19:17 - Apr 2 with 1979 viewsJonathans_coat

Such a Shame! on 18:56 - Apr 2 by jack2jack

I hear what your saying JC, it is a poor article, but it's not far from the truth in some respects, other papers have also written on this topic, perhaps I should have chosen more wisely.
The problem of drugs and couples having you know what in broad daylight are more than just hearsay, it's shocking stuff and the problem has to be sorted.
It's our City and I don't appreciate sh!tbags coming in and spoiling it for one and all.

I agree.

High street has been left to decline for more than 50 years. Only when it seems to have hit rock bottom is action taken. It should never have been allowed to get so bad. Lots of investment in the pipeline though. Just take a look at the Swansea Council planning authority website.

I remain skeptical (as always) regarding development plans in Swansea, as history has taught me to be, but there is potential for a revival of fortunes in that area.
Such a Shame! on 19:26 - Apr 2 with 1953 viewsLeonWasGod

When was it lovely? It’s always been a bit of a shithole as long as I’ve known it. It’s a lot better than it was in many ways since they’ve been smartening up SA1, refurb of LC2, new bus station, redone the area bottom of wind street, etc. High Street has been bad for yonks.
Such a Shame! on 19:44 - Apr 2 with 1916 viewsGaryjack

Such a Shame! on 19:15 - Apr 2 by sainthelens

That's your excuse I take it?

Excuse for what?
Such a Shame! on 21:37 - Apr 2 with 1794 viewsBluebird

I work in Swansea now and again and never see anything that's worse than in other cities.
Such a Shame! on 00:22 - Apr 3 with 1546 viewscontroversial_jack

I don't know about the goings on in High street and never feel unsafe when walking there, but It is a real shithole to look at, probably as bad as any street I have seen in the UK.
Such a Shame! on 00:43 - Apr 3 with 1529 viewsbuilthjack

Bet you had your fiver ready though 😜

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Such a Shame! on 01:05 - Apr 3 with 1513 viewssainthelens

Such a Shame! on 00:43 - Apr 3 by builthjack

Don't bother builthy, thick cvnt won't get that.
Such a Shame! on 05:35 - Apr 3 with 1457 viewssquarebear

Saturday’s Daily Mail (I buy it for the crossword - honest) had a near-identical article on Swansea.
Such a Shame! on 07:08 - Apr 3 with 1422 viewsbazzool

My mates mother lives in the flats opposite high street, and this does happen daytime and night time, they are always about, I haven't been up that end of town for a good while, cheap prices though 😉
Such a Shame! on 08:29 - Apr 3 with 1354 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Such a Shame! on 00:22 - Apr 3 by controversial_jack

I don't know about the goings on in High street and never feel unsafe when walking there, but It is a real shithole to look at, probably as bad as any street I have seen in the UK.

It doesn’t help when the so called “Welsh” government deliberately and slowly euthanises the city to create a better Cardiff.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Such a Shame! on 08:37 - Apr 3 with 1348 viewsWarwickHunt

Such a Shame! on 00:43 - Apr 3 by builthjack

Happy hour?
Such a Shame! on 08:40 - Apr 3 with 1344 viewsVincent_Vega

Even though this rag writes a load of complete bull there is an undercurrent of truth in this. If more national papers started reporting on the genuine plight of the communities of Swansea it might finally get our inept council and WAG to do something about it.

But who am I kidding WOL will continue to write about who great Welsh rugby is, how Cardiff has a new private development scheme approved, propped up by the WAG and an article on someone in Sandfields taking a dump.

But don't worry people, come election time there'll be a magical scheme offering a transformation of Swansea into a modern 21st metropolis guaranteeing millions of jobs and hope for the future, it'll even come with a CGI sales pitch rivalling a Marvel film...….. until after the swamp get voted back in then the excuses start on how said scheme failed to get off the ground.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Such a Shame! on 09:41 - Apr 3 with 1285 viewsunion_jack

Such a Shame! on 08:40 - Apr 3 by Vincent_Vega

Even though this rag writes a load of complete bull there is an undercurrent of truth in this. If more national papers started reporting on the genuine plight of the communities of Swansea it might finally get our inept council and WAG to do something about it.

But who am I kidding WOL will continue to write about who great Welsh rugby is, how Cardiff has a new private development scheme approved, propped up by the WAG and an article on someone in Sandfields taking a dump.

But don't worry people, come election time there'll be a magical scheme offering a transformation of Swansea into a modern 21st metropolis guaranteeing millions of jobs and hope for the future, it'll even come with a CGI sales pitch rivalling a Marvel film...….. until after the swamp get voted back in then the excuses start on how said scheme failed to get off the ground.

Nail on the head there.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Such a Shame! on 10:25 - Apr 3 with 1251 viewsowainglyndwr

Such a Shame! on 09:41 - Apr 3 by union_jack

Nail on the head there.

What's worrying about lack of development is the UK government or Assembly have not really done F All for us here.
Most big funded projects come through the EU.
Im sure if people voted Conservative here T May would of given the Barrage the go ahead.
Corruption at the Assembly trying to make Cardiff into a European City at the cost of Wales
Such a Shame! on 11:17 - Apr 3 with 1223 viewsexhmrc1

working at the top of High Street for 35 years I saw a massive change. The amount of druggies and drunks there cause major problems and make it a very unpleasant place to be. However it hasnt been the main shopping street in Swansea for about 50 years when it had the likes of Woolworths and Lewis Lewis there. The bottom end of High Street is looking better these days with new shops and galleries opening. The major problem remains around the station and up towards Dyfatty. Years ago there was a zero tolerance approach. Anyone found drinking cans on the street had them confiscated and thrown away. Maybe the police need to start doing this away. The opening of the drop in centre will only make matters worse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024