Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taxis in SA4 area 17:51 - Apr 2 with 916 viewsZaxx

I may need a taxi for Sunday morning from Pontarddulais to Swansea station.
I an probably catch the X13 bus but it'll be tight.
Anyone know of any decent taxis in the area in case I need one?
Thanks 👍
Taxis in SA4 area on 18:25 - Apr 2 with 890 viewsWingstandwood

Bit of advice if you should need a taxi try to pre-book one in advance. On the hoof Taxi bookings most of the time take a longer time to arrive. The taxi's I pre-book always tend to arrive within a 5 min time of being either late or early.

Book with additional minutes to spare in case a taxi is a little late. To be doubly sure if time is of the essence, on the day phone your chosen Taxi firm beforehand as a reminder for extra peace of mind.

I take an elderly relative to Hospital once a month and because of partial sight/mobility problems and refusal to get in a wheelchair has to have a Taxi to get close enough to the hospital. The taxi on the home journey booking always tends to arrive later than expected because it is not pre-booked.

If possible use a local firm that has a few Taxi's circulating in your area i.e. you do not have to rely on just one taxi. I pre-book with Swallow Cabs in Gorseinon, they have been good so far.

Argus!

Taxis in SA4 area on 18:45 - Apr 2 with 879 viewsZaxx

Taxis in SA4 area on 18:25 - Apr 2 by Wingstandwood

Bit of advice if you should need a taxi try to pre-book one in advance. On the hoof Taxi bookings most of the time take a longer time to arrive. The taxi's I pre-book always tend to arrive within a 5 min time of being either late or early.

Book with additional minutes to spare in case a taxi is a little late. To be doubly sure if time is of the essence, on the day phone your chosen Taxi firm beforehand as a reminder for extra peace of mind.

I take an elderly relative to Hospital once a month and because of partial sight/mobility problems and refusal to get in a wheelchair has to have a Taxi to get close enough to the hospital. The taxi on the home journey booking always tends to arrive later than expected because it is not pre-booked.

If possible use a local firm that has a few Taxi's circulating in your area i.e. you do not have to rely on just one taxi. I pre-book with Swallow Cabs in Gorseinon, they have been good so far.

Sounds like good advice to me.

I'll give them a bell tomorrow and book it for Sunday.
You've clearly found them reliable so that's good enough for me.
Thanks
Taxis in SA4 area on 18:58 - Apr 2 with 864 viewsjackharris

Have you considered a taxi over to Gowerton Station? That is 5 miles compared to Pont to Swansea which is around 9 miles.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Taxis in SA4 area on 19:01 - Apr 2 with 863 viewsWingstandwood

Taxis in SA4 area on 18:58 - Apr 2 by jackharris

Have you considered a taxi over to Gowerton Station? That is 5 miles compared to Pont to Swansea which is around 9 miles.

Taxi's sure aren't cheap for sure, a taxi from Gorseinon to Singleton Hospital is approx £16.00 - £18.00.

Argus!

Taxis in SA4 area on 23:34 - Apr 2 with 761 viewsZaxx

Taxis in SA4 area on 19:01 - Apr 2 by Wingstandwood

Taxi's sure aren't cheap for sure, a taxi from Gorseinon to Singleton Hospital is approx £16.00 - £18.00.

Yeah.
If it#s circa £20 then it may actually save me more in the long run tbh.
If I miss my train it'll cost me more than I can afford to get back on time for the trip I've got lined up.
Can't really afford the extra £15 or so above the bus fare but I'm a bit twitchy about missing my connections. Peace of mind and all that ;)
Taxis in SA4 area on 23:52 - Apr 2 with 751 viewsWingstandwood

Taxis in SA4 area on 23:34 - Apr 2 by Zaxx

Yeah.
If it#s circa £20 then it may actually save me more in the long run tbh.
If I miss my train it'll cost me more than I can afford to get back on time for the trip I've got lined up.
Can't really afford the extra £15 or so above the bus fare but I'm a bit twitchy about missing my connections. Peace of mind and all that ;)

My experience of Taxi's is I've found them absolutely vital in my circumstance. I've spoken to a few taxi drivers that take passengers (like myself) who leave their cars at home because of parking issues at local hospitals. Morriston has been a nightmare. My sister has been booked there and she is a member of staff.

It's a mare finding a parking space, and for some an equal challenge to get someone from a long distance away in car park to the entrance. I've found taxi's to be an absolute Godsend. In the future I'm going to ditch the car and use taxi's/bus service instead.

Argus!

Taxis in SA4 area on 00:16 - Apr 3 with 736 viewscontroversial_jack

Genuine question, does Uber operate in Swansea?
Taxis in SA4 area on 07:17 - Apr 3 with 690 viewsAndy1300

Taxis in SA4 area on 00:16 - Apr 3 by controversial_jack

Genuine question, does Uber operate in Swansea?

Not yet

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

Taxis in SA4 area on 11:18 - Apr 3 with 638 viewscontroversial_jack

Taxis in SA4 area on 07:17 - Apr 3 by Andy1300

Not yet

Cheers, I hope we get it soon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024