Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wayne Routledge 23:01 - Apr 2 with 4995 viewsSwansea93

Give him a new contract, great servant for us, but sadly can't see his contract being renewed and he will leave on a free end of the season.

His commitment has been second to none.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Wayne Routledge on 00:50 - Apr 3 with 4014 viewsbuilthjack

He works hard. But...

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wayne Routledge on 06:46 - Apr 3 with 3887 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Wayne Routledge on 00:50 - Apr 3 by builthjack

He works hard. But...

No buts about it. If you think it’s wise to let go someone who really does “give a sh*t” about the club and is still probably the most skilful and intelligent player we have then perhaps you really don’t mind getting relegated again.

Plus on a side note he’s just become a dad again . Well done Routs!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wayne Routledge on 07:40 - Apr 3 with 3783 viewsLeonWasGod

Wayne Routledge on 06:46 - Apr 3 by Brynmill_Jack

No buts about it. If you think it’s wise to let go someone who really does “give a sh*t” about the club and is still probably the most skilful and intelligent player we have then perhaps you really don’t mind getting relegated again.

I heard he struggled to get his missus pregnant. It took her several attempts to stop him using his right foot...
Wayne Routledge on 07:48 - Apr 3 with 3750 viewsWarwickHunt

Wayne Routledge on 06:46 - Apr 3 by Brynmill_Jack

That must be the first one-on-one he’s scored in years.
Wayne Routledge on 08:55 - Apr 3 with 3637 viewsDyfnant

He’s on nearly 30k a week, wonder if he’ll accept a 90% pay cut

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Wayne Routledge on 09:33 - Apr 3 with 3563 viewsAl_Bundy

Sadly he doesn't deliver anywhere near his 30K a week wage on the pitch and hasn't for a few seasons but hey ho he like s our club so lets keep feeding him.
Wayne Routledge on 09:45 - Apr 3 with 3542 viewsJohnw102

Worked himself into the deck yesterday, one of the few players who can bring a ball under instant control and hold up play with gives the defence a breather. He was the difference between the Forest game and last night, much missed when not in the team as we saw early part of the season.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Wayne Routledge on 09:55 - Apr 3 with 3510 viewsChief

Surely Routledge was one of the players with a relegation clause in his contract!?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

Wayne Routledge on 10:31 - Apr 3 with 3440 viewsmajorraglan

Wayne Routledge on 09:45 - Apr 3 by Johnw102

Worked himself into the deck yesterday, one of the few players who can bring a ball under instant control and hold up play with gives the defence a breather. He was the difference between the Forest game and last night, much missed when not in the team as we saw early part of the season.

He’s a quality player, may not have the energy or the gas he had as a youngster, but he’s got the techinical ability, skills and reads the game well. Factor in his experience and he’s a good guy to have around, the downside will be his wages which are likely to be at least £20k per week and too much for the club in to current position.
Wayne Routledge on 10:48 - Apr 3 with 3399 viewsjasper_T

Wayne Routledge on 09:55 - Apr 3 by Chief

Surely Routledge was one of the players with a relegation clause in his contract!?

Relegation clauses don't usually provide a 75% pay cut. They might ease the immediate burden but don't automatically make a player affordable long term.
Wayne Routledge on 10:48 - Apr 3 with 3396 viewsLeonWasGod

He's been good in that aspect of the role lately. Doesn't offer much of a threat anymore (did he ever?!), but his hold up play and bringing others into the game has been very good. If he's on £30k though sadly ewe can't afford to keep him.
Wayne Routledge on 10:57 - Apr 3 with 3389 viewsploppy

Instant control? Routledge? You're joking, surely?
Wayne Routledge on 12:12 - May 19 with 2950 viewsSwansea93

Wayne Routledge
@WayneRoutledge
·
2h
If I have played my last game for
@SwansOfficial
it has been an honour. Through the good and the bad I have always gave you everything and I thank you all for what I received back 😇

Wayne Routledge on 13:50 - May 19 with 2778 viewsSwansea93

Wayne Routledge on 12:12 - May 19 by Swansea93

Wayne Routledge
@WayneRoutledge
·
2h
If I have played my last game for
@SwansOfficial
it has been an honour. Through the good and the bad I have always gave you everything and I thank you all for what I received back 😇

Judging by the replies he definitely ain't getting a new deal.

Wayne Routledge on 09:29 - May 21 with 2617 viewsSwansea93

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48329508?__twitter_impression=true

Routledge speaks.

Wayne Routledge on 09:49 - May 21 with 2548 viewsLeonWasGod

Wayne Routledge on 09:29 - May 21 by Swansea93

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48329508?__twitter_impression=true

Routledge speaks.

And that's the other benefit to him - he's a sensible bloke. He'll be missed around the place, one of our more intelligent players on and off the pitch.
Wayne Routledge on 10:47 - May 21 with 2495 viewsicecoldjack

fair play to him been a great signing for us and dug in when many others went missing in numerous relegation battles, but people forget that kind of thing.

hope the club offer him a deal, like a few others, he's been treated awful considering his situation, our squad will be even younger next season and to not have a couple of old experienced heads around will be football suicide .

this birch bloke must surely know this too ? if he doesn't then chalk him up as yet another parasite bleeding the club dry.
Wayne Routledge on 12:45 - May 21 with 2418 viewsBadlands

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-star-ask

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Wayne Routledge on 16:41 - May 21 with 2289 viewsFireboy2

Wayne Routledge on 12:45 - May 21 by Badlands

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-star-ask

Now we know we were correct on why wayne didnt play early on in the season.

Id say the same for dyer.

If they had we might have got into the play offs.
Wayne Routledge on 19:08 - May 21 with 2141 viewsBadlands

On a more positive note I met with Wayne Routledge yesterday and had a very good conversation with him about re-signing for the forthcoming season.

He’s an extremely articulate and intelligent man and has a great future ahead of him after he’s finished playing. But I am extremely hopeful that we can retain him for a further year as a player first as his experience and maturity will be of great benefit in the dressing room with the younger players going forward

Birch

:-)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Wayne Routledge on 19:42 - May 21 with 2054 viewsFireboy2

Wayne Routledge on 19:08 - May 21 by Badlands

On a more positive note I met with Wayne Routledge yesterday and had a very good conversation with him about re-signing for the forthcoming season.

He’s an extremely articulate and intelligent man and has a great future ahead of him after he’s finished playing. But I am extremely hopeful that we can retain him for a further year as a player first as his experience and maturity will be of great benefit in the dressing room with the younger players going forward

Birch

Fvcking too right we need him.

Just hope the board dont embarrass themselves with a derisory offer and wayne isnt too greedy.

In our of need wayne we need you.
Wayne Routledge on 22:18 - May 22 with 1734 viewsmajorraglan

Wayne Routledge on 19:08 - May 21 by Badlands

Birch

Let’s hope a deal can be done to extend his stay.

If he’s a knowledgeable articulate guy, maybe he could have a future in coaching or managing. If he has shown that aptitude, could the club could start to look at supporting him in getting his coaching badges?
Wayne Routledge on 22:22 - May 22 with 1710 viewsjasper_T

Wayne Routledge on 22:18 - May 22 by majorraglan

Let’s hope a deal can be done to extend his stay.

If he’s a knowledgeable articulate guy, maybe he could have a future in coaching or managing. If he has shown that aptitude, could the club could start to look at supporting him in getting his coaching badges?

Think he can afford the sign up fee with the Wales FA tbh.
Wayne Routledge on 17:57 - May 23 with 1498 viewsjasper_T

New contract signed by the looks of it.
Wayne Routledge on 18:00 - May 23 with 1477 viewsSwanjaxs

Wayne Routledge on 17:57 - May 23 by jasper_T

New contract signed by the looks of it.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024