Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was the new Chairman at the match last night? 12:52 - Apr 3 with 6646 viewsWitneyjack

Perhaps he will have witnessed the positive performance and will be keen to help us make suitable changes to allow us to make a charge at promotion next season?
Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 13:00 - Apr 3 with 4441 viewsNeath_Jack

What changes do you suggest? Bearing in mind, it sounds like we are in an extremely precarious position financially.

I'd be shocked if we don't sell any player with any sort of value, and i absolutely expect us not to be bringing any players costing over a couple of million quid.

Get the club on an even keel, or gamble? I know what i would do.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 14:14 - Apr 3 with 4292 viewsMoscowJack

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 13:00 - Apr 3 by Neath_Jack

What changes do you suggest? Bearing in mind, it sounds like we are in an extremely precarious position financially.

I'd be shocked if we don't sell any player with any sort of value, and i absolutely expect us not to be bringing any players costing over a couple of million quid.

You're right, to an extent, Neathy. We need to get rid of the ones on PL wages but we NEED to see a bit of ambition from the owners too.

I'm hoping (blind faith does that to me!) that they get silly money (20m+) for Dan James and then don't need to sell other key players like Ollie, VdH, etc. Of course we need to get rid of the Ayews, Narsingh and several others but I think we are all happy with that.

All I ask if for a BIT of ambition from the Yanks. Back a decent manager and build on an already decent team. We need more quality like Celina than McKay, Asoro etc but that costs a little bit more money.

I know....I'm deluding myself! Hope dies last, as they say......

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 14:28 - Apr 3 with 4260 viewsNeath_Jack

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 14:14 - Apr 3 by MoscowJack

You're right, to an extent, Neathy. We need to get rid of the ones on PL wages but we NEED to see a bit of ambition from the owners too.

I'm hoping (blind faith does that to me!) that they get silly money (20m+) for Dan James and then don't need to sell other key players like Ollie, VdH, etc. Of course we need to get rid of the Ayews, Narsingh and several others but I think we are all happy with that.

All I ask if for a BIT of ambition from the Yanks. Back a decent manager and build on an already decent team. We need more quality like Celina than McKay, Asoro etc but that costs a little bit more money.

I know....I'm deluding myself! Hope dies last, as they say......

"I'm hoping (blind faith does that to me!"

^ That there is the bit that kills the royal us.

We would all love for what you typed to happen, but being realistic? We're never going to get that for young Dan, and we'll struggle to get the some of the big earners off our books due to them being happy to sit on the side and take their huge wages.

The saddest part for me, is that we have a team with a lot of potential who are only going to get better, but the team is going to get ripped apart in the summer. But i can understand why they have to be sold.

This next bit is not aimed at you, but at the other one dimensional posters on here, that yes, that is down to piss poor management previously. But what is done is done, we've now got to try and move forward as best as we can without endangering the long term future of the club. And yes, i can see us being relegated further, if as i expect the current side is decimated without being adequately replaced. I'm also concerned as to whose ownership we end up in next if the yanks go.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 14:42 - Apr 3 with 4219 viewschad

Didn’t spot anything in the match programme from him.

Brief mention of redundancies
Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 14:45 - Apr 3 with 4212 viewsTailGunner

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 14:28 - Apr 3 by Neath_Jack

We would all love for what you typed to happen, but being realistic? We're never going to get that for young Dan, and we'll struggle to get the some of the big earners off our books due to them being happy to sit on the side and take their huge wages.

The saddest part for me, is that we have a team with a lot of potential who are only going to get better, but the team is going to get ripped apart in the summer. But i can understand why they have to be sold.

This next bit is not aimed at you, but at the other one dimensional posters on here, that yes, that is down to piss poor management previously. But what is done is done, we've now got to try and move forward as best as we can without endangering the long term future of the club. And yes, i can see us being relegated further, if as i expect the current side is decimated without being adequately replaced. I'm also concerned as to whose ownership we end up in next if the yanks go.

Hopefully we are preparing the club for asap sale by clearing the decks, but like you say who these sell to is the worry.
They will want as much money as possible back regardless of who the purchasers are.

Can only hope something happens this summer, or your predictions will be spot on I fear.

All this talent and the manager will be long gone.
Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 14:56 - Apr 3 with 4188 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I noticed that at least half the floodlights were switched off within 60 seconds of the final whistle.

The cost cutting has started in earnest...

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 15:18 - Apr 3 with 4142 viewsWitneyjack

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 13:00 - Apr 3 by Neath_Jack

I'm not suggesting huge transfer fees and unrealistic targets. Get rid of all those out on loan, take any money from DJ's sale and give some support to the manager with a few signings. Wishful thinking I'm sure, but anyone can see with a bit of backing we could have been in with a great shout of being in the promotion mix. Hopefully he can see this and allow GP the opportunity to push on next season.
Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 15:19 - Apr 3 with 4137 viewsMoscowJack

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 14:45 - Apr 3 by TailGunner

Hopefully we are preparing the club for asap sale by clearing the decks, but like you say who these sell to is the worry.
They will want as much money as possible back regardless of who the purchasers are.

Can only hope something happens this summer, or your predictions will be spot on I fear.

I'm hoping this too. A club with next to no losses is a lot more attractive than one haemorrhaging money at a massive rate.

I really hope the Yanks want out, although I do wonder how a potential court case with their business partners would effect that. Maybe that's the next PR plan for the Yanks!!!???

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Login to get fewer ads

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 15:26 - Apr 3 with 4108 viewsDarran

We’ve brought in a guy probably on £10k a week to get rid of people on £15k a year. lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 15:36 - Apr 3 with 4088 viewsBluebird

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 14:45 - Apr 3 by TailGunner

How much was borrowed from the banks against next seasons income?
Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 15:38 - Apr 3 with 4080 viewsNeath_Jack

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 15:18 - Apr 3 by Witneyjack

I'm not suggesting huge transfer fees and unrealistic targets. Get rid of all those out on loan, take any money from DJ's sale and give some support to the manager with a few signings. Wishful thinking I'm sure, but anyone can see with a bit of backing we could have been in with a great shout of being in the promotion mix. Hopefully he can see this and allow GP the opportunity to push on next season.

See, you're saying "Get rid of all those out on loan", as if there's a queue of clubs willing to take them. Do you honestly think that the club have not tried to get shot of them? Again, the blame lies with those who bought and agreed huge wages with them, but that is done.

It would be a fantastic summer if we manage to get shot of them all.

And being realistic, any significant monies brought in, are going to be used to pay off the current debt we have accumulated, and not add to it.

Maybe i'm just preparing myself for the worst, but i can't see anything different happening.

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 15:41 - Apr 3 with 4076 viewsTailGunner

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 15:36 - Apr 3 by Bluebird

All of this year's money plus next year's I'm sure I read?
Happy to be put right in that though
Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 15:43 - Apr 3 with 4070 viewsWingstandwood

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 15:26 - Apr 3 by Darran

We’ve brought in a guy probably on £10k a week to get rid of people on £15k a year. lol

So bang on! Let's lay 70 people off so we can pay Mr Chairman and Pearlman.

Hang on is Dineen still a consultant on his £200,000?... Hey if he is let's lay off a dozen more.

Argus!

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 15:46 - Apr 3 with 4060 viewsjasper_T

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 15:41 - Apr 3 by TailGunner

Only the first payment of next year's. No idea how big a chunk that is.

We did the same thing in the PL years a few times. Cashflow always been an issue even when our income was at its highest.
Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 15:57 - Apr 3 with 4031 viewsTailGunner

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 15:46 - Apr 3 by jasper_T

Only the first payment of next year's. No idea how big a chunk that is.

We did the same thing in the PL years a few times. Cashflow always been an issue even when our income was at its highest.

Yes I could understand the previous owners doing it.
Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 15:58 - Apr 3 with 4027 viewsDarran

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 15:43 - Apr 3 by Wingstandwood

So bang on! Let's lay 70 people off so we can pay Mr Chairman and Pearlman.

Hang on is Dineen still a consultant on his £200,000?... Hey if he is let's lay off a dozen more.

I have no idea how much Mr Dineen is on but he’s still there.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 16:05 - Apr 3 with 4016 viewsBluebird

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 15:41 - Apr 3 by TailGunner

Is it normal for clubs to do this ?
Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 16:20 - Apr 3 with 3979 viewsjasper_T

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 16:05 - Apr 3 by Bluebird

I can't imagine we're the only ones getting advances on guaranteed income in the summer when the majority of spending is done.
Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 01:05 - Apr 4 with 3604 viewsDJack

I'm not your greatest fan

...but i believe that you have nailed the reality of our situation.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 07:49 - Apr 4 with 3487 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 15:36 - Apr 3 by Bluebird

I think Cardiff have debts of £120 million. £100 Million to tan plus £20 million to others. Nothe sure how much extra debt they have accumulated this season as they did not buy many decent players. They still owe £15 million to nantes.
Not sure if they borrow from the bank or Tan to cover this season.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 07:52 - Apr 4 with 3473 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 16:05 - Apr 3 by Bluebird

Yes it is normal in the PL to borrow against future earnings. By far the biggest payment from the PL is received in May once the final position payments are made.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 08:34 - Apr 4 with 3430 viewsbuilthjack

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 14:56 - Apr 3 by Joe_bradshaw

I noticed that at least half the floodlights were switched off within 60 seconds of the final whistle.

The cost cutting has started in earnest...

Yes , I noticed that too. It went quite dark all of a sudden.
A few turnstiles never opened as well.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 12:10 - Apr 4 with 3275 viewsDr_Winston

Not to mention that both Asoro and McKay cost a helluva lot more than Daniel James did.

It's more important to buy wisely than expensively. Falling into the trap of believing that we *must* spend lots of money is one of the factors that caused our current problems.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 16:50 - Apr 4 with 3102 viewskarnataka

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 12:10 - Apr 4 by Dr_Winston

Not to mention that both Asoro and McKay cost a helluva lot more than Daniel James did.

It's more important to buy wisely than expensively. Falling into the trap of believing that we *must* spend lots of money is one of the factors that caused our current problems.

Falling into the trap of believing we know what we're doing is the biggest factor that caused our current problems.
Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 18:26 - Apr 4 with 3027 viewsDafyddHuw

"Perhaps he will have witnessed the positive performance and will be keen to help us make suitable changes to allow us to make a charge at promotion next season?"

Why would you want promorion next season? There's no way we'd be ready for it.
We'd be Huddersfield.
Would you give up what you're seeing now for 38 games, trying to scramble a draw here and there, hoping there's 3 teams even worse than us?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024