Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Accounts 14:57 - Apr 3 with 10639 viewsandypitt56

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swans-confirm-latest-accounts-1

finally been published
Swans Accounts on 15:09 - Apr 3 with 5905 viewsjasper_T

Smaller loss than I expected. Wage figure used a lot lower as well, considering the players we added.
Swans Accounts on 15:12 - Apr 3 with 5888 viewsandypitt56

Swans Accounts on 15:09 - Apr 3 by jasper_T

Smaller loss than I expected. Wage figure used a lot lower as well, considering the players we added.

I am not an accountant but it looks like a loss of £50m without taking into account drop in wages and that. we must have got more than £20m of that back by getting rid of all the players in the summer surely?? this £30m deficit doesn't add up to me. Someone with a financial background can probably figure it out.
Swans Accounts on 15:12 - Apr 3 with 5887 viewsPozuelosSideys

The trick is going to be getting rid of the Ayew's, Bony etc off the wage bill in the summer. If we cant, then we will need to sell the likes of James, Socks and VDH to cover that.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Swans Accounts on 15:14 - Apr 3 with 5871 viewsVetchfielder

Not yet published on the companies house website so these are just headline figures released at the moment

Proud to have been one of the 231

Swans Accounts on 15:14 - Apr 3 with 5868 viewsDr_Winston

The figures for this year will be the ones to see.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swans Accounts on 15:16 - Apr 3 with 5854 viewsLuther27

Swans Accounts on 15:14 - Apr 3 by Dr_Winston

The figures for this year will be the ones to see.

Jesus wept....another year of theories on here regarding our finances. I don't think I can take it....
Swans Accounts on 15:29 - Apr 3 with 5804 viewsmajorraglan

The headline figure of a £3.2m loss isn’t as bad as I expected, that said the massive drop in income will be this year. Increasing the commercial side of the house by £2.6m from sponsorship deals is a decent result to be honest, good work from the Marketing team, Pearlman or both. I would like to hear the views of someone like Lisa re this.
Swans Accounts on 15:33 - Apr 3 with 5783 viewsthornabyswan

Swans Accounts on 15:12 - Apr 3 by PozuelosSideys

The trick is going to be getting rid of the Ayew's, Bony etc off the wage bill in the summer. If we cant, then we will need to sell the likes of James, Socks and VDH to cover that.

Bony is gone for next season.
The 2 Ayews are key though.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Accounts on 15:39 - Apr 3 with 5765 viewsLeonWasGod

Don’t you just hate it when reality kills a good conspiracy?
Swans Accounts on 16:49 - Apr 3 with 5584 viewsDr_Winston

Swans Accounts on 15:29 - Apr 3 by majorraglan

The headline figure of a £3.2m loss isn’t as bad as I expected, that said the massive drop in income will be this year. Increasing the commercial side of the house by £2.6m from sponsorship deals is a decent result to be honest, good work from the Marketing team, Pearlman or both. I would like to hear the views of someone like Lisa re this.

Increasing sponsorship income by £2.6m despite the team struggling is a decent result. Just underlines what a f*cking waste of space Dineen was when the team was on a high.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swans Accounts on 17:48 - Apr 3 with 5406 viewsSwansea93

Swans Accounts on 15:33 - Apr 3 by thornabyswan

Bony is gone for next season.
The 2 Ayews are key though.

Yeah Bony free agent in the summer, along with the Ayews we still have Narsingh, Borja, Fer, Olsson, Routledge, VDH Montero, Carroll & Naughton all likely to leave and all on big wages, should free up some financial strain we currently have and by keeping the likes of MCB Grimes Celina is vital.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 17:48]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Swans Accounts on 17:50 - Apr 3 with 5389 viewsblackswan

Wages down by 8 million but operating costs up
Around 25 million wonder where that's gone
Swans Accounts on 18:16 - Apr 3 with 5291 viewsjasper_T

Swans Accounts on 17:50 - Apr 3 by blackswan

The stadium after the acquisition would be part.
Swans Accounts on 18:21 - Apr 3 with 5275 viewsLeonWasGod

Swans Accounts on 17:50 - Apr 3 by blackswan

Is this what you’re referring to?

“Total operating costs, including an increase of £27.7 million in player amortisation costs of £51.9 million, amounted to £175.1 million compared with £150.8 million for the previous year.”

So in otherwords it’s the increased costs associated with all the new, expensive, transfers that season (Bony, A. Ayew, Clueless, Sanches loan, etc).
Swans Accounts on 18:24 - Apr 3 with 5257 viewsDarran

Swans Accounts on 16:49 - Apr 3 by Dr_Winston

Increasing sponsorship income by £2.6m despite the team struggling is a decent result. Just underlines what a f*cking waste of space Dineen was when the team was on a high.

From what I was told by someone down the club Dineen secures the front of shirt sponsor because we didn’t have one.
I’m not sure if you remember but I posted about us not having a shirt sponsor last summer.

Just saying.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans Accounts on 18:32 - Apr 3 with 5227 viewsjasper_T

Swans Accounts on 18:21 - Apr 3 by LeonWasGod

Is this what you’re referring to?

“Total operating costs, including an increase of £27.7 million in player amortisation costs of £51.9 million, amounted to £175.1 million compared with £150.8 million for the previous year.”

So in otherwords it’s the increased costs associated with all the new, expensive, transfers that season (Bony, A. Ayew, Clueless, Sanches loan, etc).

Don't think Sanches comes under amortisation as a loan player isn't an owned asset that can devalue, he would just be a substantial wage expenditure for the year.

Bony would account for £6m in amortisation "costs" on his own due to the high transfer fee and short contract.
Swans Accounts on 18:34 - Apr 3 with 5218 viewsBadlands

Swans Accounts on 17:48 - Apr 3 by Swansea93

Yeah Bony free agent in the summer, along with the Ayews we still have Narsingh, Borja, Fer, Olsson, Routledge, VDH Montero, Carroll & Naughton all likely to leave and all on big wages, should free up some financial strain we currently have and by keeping the likes of MCB Grimes Celina is vital.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 17:48]

Pay reportedly

Narsingh, £30,000
Borja, £45,000
Fer,£45,000
Olsson, £33,000
Routledge, £36,000
VDH £15,000
Montero, £30,000
Carroll £35,000
Naughton £32,000
Bony £90,000
Jordan £50,000
Andre £40,000 (ambiguous or £80,000.
Dyer £32,000

Hard to know how much some of the players are really with to he club - are we paying any part of loanee wages, how much will we save by offering deals to he likes of Routledge on significantly lower wages compared with cost of replacing them.
It was obvious to even the most jaded that last night players who showed a different class included Hoorn, Dyer, Rutledge and Naughton.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swans Accounts on 18:37 - Apr 3 with 5206 viewsBillyChong

Maybe we’ll hang on to some players in the summer then and actually make some signings.....
Swans Accounts on 18:43 - Apr 3 with 5185 viewsthornabyswan

Swans Accounts on 18:37 - Apr 3 by BillyChong

Maybe we’ll hang on to some players in the summer then and actually make some signings.....

I think we will yes.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Swans Accounts on 18:43 - Apr 3 with 5184 viewsBadlands

Swans Accounts on 18:37 - Apr 3 by BillyChong

The next set of accounts will include the massive drop in revenue as a result of relegation so I doubt we will go mad.
In truth we have, with the youth coming through, a vey large squad.
In lots of ways the summer will be as much about keeping this squad together as bringing in many new faces.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swans Accounts on 18:51 - Apr 3 with 5152 viewsjasper_T

One reason for the lower wages is that figure includes performance bonuses (and survival bonuses) paid out and we were shocking almost all season.
Swans Accounts on 19:04 - Apr 3 with 5102 viewsmonmouth

Swans Accounts on 18:43 - Apr 3 by Badlands

The next set of accounts will include the massive drop in revenue as a result of relegation so I doubt we will go mad.
In truth we have, with the youth coming through, a vey large squad.
In lots of ways the summer will be as much about keeping this squad together as bringing in many new faces.

I think most would settle for that, but the Ayews and Borja Bastard might scupper it. Maybe we could try and sell DJ on sale and loan back like other clubs do, but sadly, I think the team will be broken up.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans Accounts on 19:32 - Apr 3 with 5003 viewsLeonWasGod

Swans Accounts on 18:32 - Apr 3 by jasper_T

Don't think Sanches comes under amortisation as a loan player isn't an owned asset that can devalue, he would just be a substantial wage expenditure for the year.

Bony would account for £6m in amortisation "costs" on his own due to the high transfer fee and short contract.

Would Sanches’s significant loan fee be included (rumours it was ~£6m, no idea if true)?

Soon adds up doesn’t it. That ~£6m for Bony, same for Ayew, ~£5m for Clueless. Which if fine as the Siggy/Llorente fees largely offset. We’d probably have been in the black if not for yet another mid-season sacking and all the compo and extra fees.

£2-3m loss on top of what we know from previous accounts mean our net debt going into this season was tiny. Which further suggests this ‘black hole’ is simply the difference between what our operating costs were last year versus expected income this year. Which is expected and perfectly normal.
Swans Accounts on 19:35 - Apr 3 with 4983 viewsjasper_T

Swans Accounts on 19:32 - Apr 3 by LeonWasGod

Would Sanches’s significant loan fee be included (rumours it was ~£6m, no idea if true)?

Soon adds up doesn’t it. That ~£6m for Bony, same for Ayew, ~£5m for Clueless. Which if fine as the Siggy/Llorente fees largely offset. We’d probably have been in the black if not for yet another mid-season sacking and all the compo and extra fees.

£2-3m loss on top of what we know from previous accounts mean our net debt going into this season was tiny. Which further suggests this ‘black hole’ is simply the difference between what our operating costs were last year versus expected income this year. Which is expected and perfectly normal.

Maybe it does get added as amortisation when there's a fee, and it's just a single year loss, I don't know.
Swans Accounts on 19:40 - Apr 3 with 4968 viewsLeonWasGod

Swans Accounts on 19:35 - Apr 3 by jasper_T

Maybe it does get added as amortisation when there's a fee, and it's just a single year loss, I don't know.

Me neither. Not important in the bigger scheme of things is it. All I was trying to do was head off the inevitable claims that money was being siphoned out to pay for Rooney’s hookers or some other nonsense! The rise in costs due to higher amortisation is easily explainable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024