Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm 11:47 - Apr 5 with 3540 viewsjasper_T

Swans must avoid an away defeat to stand a chance at staying in the division. Been a tough one, but form and performances have improved as the season has gone on. Hope remaining, however small, with Spurs and Man City left to play.

Oli Cooper out for the rest of the season with ankle ligament damage. Likely to be a very young side again, like most away fixtures have been ahead of senior home games.
U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 12:43 - Apr 5 with 3495 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 18:01 - Apr 5 with 3375 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 18:30 - Apr 5 with 3347 viewshobo

Tough match. Brighton sitting 2nd in the league and chasing the title
U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 19:11 - Apr 5 with 3306 viewsOldjack

https://live.swanseacity.com/

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 19:44 - Apr 5 with 3260 viewsjasper_T

Lads look frustrated. Lot of moaning going on, de Boer and Keston especially. Not great to see.

Not playing badly but the shape is leaving us pretty open down the flanks (especially the right with Cooper at left back) and we're pressing high with a front three against four plus the keeper, which isn't going to be very successful without a huge amount of luck somewhere.
U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 20:32 - Apr 5 with 3181 viewsKilkennyjack

U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 19:44 - Apr 5 by jasper_T

Lads look frustrated. Lot of moaning going on, de Boer and Keston especially. Not great to see.

Not playing badly but the shape is leaving us pretty open down the flanks (especially the right with Cooper at left back) and we're pressing high with a front three against four plus the keeper, which isn't going to be very successful without a huge amount of luck somewhere.

Jasper - please can you take over the Academy.

You would do a great job mate.

Beware of the Risen People

U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 20:45 - Apr 5 with 3143 viewsA_Fans_Dad

1 all, Swans aren't the only ones who can't keep defending corners.
U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 20:48 - Apr 5 with 3124 viewsA_Fans_Dad

2:1 the Swans on 90 minutes.
Login to get fewer ads

U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 20:50 - Apr 5 with 3115 viewsjasper_T

Gutted.
U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 20:50 - Apr 5 with 3111 viewsA_Fans_Dad

2:2 on 92 minutes.
DOH.
U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 20:56 - Apr 5 with 3075 viewsFlashberryjack

Terrible defending...they switched off having thought the game was won.

Gutted for the lads.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 21:03 - Apr 5 with 3047 viewsjasper_T

Mason Jones-Thomas could be a good player. Found his feet very quickly at this level (compared to Cullen who is a similar type of forward) and as his comfort and confidence grows will get more and more dangerous.

Garrick ready to step up and try himself in senior games. No guarantees but he's got enough about him on the mental side of the game now, which he probably lacked 18 months ago.

Overall it was a decent performance against a very good side. Been decent this back half of the season (which is frequently the case with us). Need to win the cup now to put a positive spin on things.

That's probably it for Reid and Keston. King to continue as captain and then he's gone too, I expect.
U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 21:07 - Apr 5 with 3023 viewsNeathJack

U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 21:03 - Apr 5 by jasper_T

Mason Jones-Thomas could be a good player. Found his feet very quickly at this level (compared to Cullen who is a similar type of forward) and as his comfort and confidence grows will get more and more dangerous.

Garrick ready to step up and try himself in senior games. No guarantees but he's got enough about him on the mental side of the game now, which he probably lacked 18 months ago.

Overall it was a decent performance against a very good side. Been decent this back half of the season (which is frequently the case with us). Need to win the cup now to put a positive spin on things.

That's probably it for Reid and Keston. King to continue as captain and then he's gone too, I expect.

I'd certainly have Garrick in and about the first team squad for the rest of the season. He's likley going to be needed next year.

It's been evident for a good 2 years that Tyler Reid isn't going to cut it.
U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 21:08 - Apr 5 with 3021 viewsBadlands

U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 21:03 - Apr 5 by jasper_T

Agree with most of that but I thought Reid had a good game and Govea looked a class above when he came on.
Would like to see Cabango given Arun out in the senior team too.
Cooper and de Boer looked well out of heir depth.

Entertaining game but unforgivable to concede the equaliser.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 21:25 - Apr 5 with 2968 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 21:08 - Apr 5 by Badlands

Agree with most of that but I thought Reid had a good game and Govea looked a class above when he came on.
Would like to see Cabango given Arun out in the senior team too.
Cooper and de Boer looked well out of heir depth.

Entertaining game but unforgivable to concede the equaliser.

Hopefully Jordi's hamstrings survive a bit longer this time, he's on a (relatively) hefty 3 year contract. Whole season gone by with nothing to show so far.

Never been sure what de Boer offers. Clear why Ajax got rid. Cooper simply isn't a left back.

Reid had good moments at the start and end but he's not progressed in the last two years that I can tell. Dawdles on the ball and tries to push through players. Time to go.
U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 22:20 - Apr 5 with 2856 viewsKilkennyjack

Can we still stay up ?

Beware of the Risen People

U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 22:33 - Apr 5 with 2828 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 22:20 - Apr 5 by Kilkennyjack

Can we still stay up ?

I think so but we need to win both remaining games and hope Spurs or Blackburn don't pick up another point.
U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 10:58 - Apr 6 with 2563 viewsA_Fans_Dad

U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 22:33 - Apr 5 by jasper_T

I think so but we need to win both remaining games and hope Spurs or Blackburn don't pick up another point.

Considering how the team has been gutted of it's best players they may be better off in the lower division while they rebuild with even younger kids.
U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 11:09 - Apr 6 with 2556 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 10:58 - Apr 6 by A_Fans_Dad

Considering how the team has been gutted of it's best players they may be better off in the lower division while they rebuild with even younger kids.

This is the division where half the teams have spent millions on their sides (including us previously) so it's not like we've been particularly hard done by in relegation.

But we may not even be involved in Cat One football next season, "apparently".
U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 11:14 - Apr 6 with 2549 viewsBytholWyn

U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 22:20 - Apr 5 by Kilkennyjack

Can we still stay up ?

Mathematically possible - but there needs to be a positive result in the match between Blackburn and Spurs for starters, as well as the loser in that match losing their other two matches and us winning both of our remaining fixtures - albeit one of those games is against Spurs. A tall order indeed.

I disagree with the assessment of De Boer, he's easily the most composed player in possession - and I hope he will feature for the first team this season once our play-off hopes are finally extinguished. He's a better fit than Byers, who's really a number 10.

Govea certainly showed promise in the short time he was on.

If there is a criticism of the U23s this season it's that the tempo of the team is too slow, mirroring the 1st at its worst. We really lack someone in the middle of the park to drive the team on, and create much quicker transitions.
U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 11:40 - Apr 6 with 2531 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 11:14 - Apr 6 by BytholWyn

Mathematically possible - but there needs to be a positive result in the match between Blackburn and Spurs for starters, as well as the loser in that match losing their other two matches and us winning both of our remaining fixtures - albeit one of those games is against Spurs. A tall order indeed.

I disagree with the assessment of De Boer, he's easily the most composed player in possession - and I hope he will feature for the first team this season once our play-off hopes are finally extinguished. He's a better fit than Byers, who's really a number 10.

Govea certainly showed promise in the short time he was on.

If there is a criticism of the U23s this season it's that the tempo of the team is too slow, mirroring the 1st at its worst. We really lack someone in the middle of the park to drive the team on, and create much quicker transitions.

We had Kees, Keston and Cabango all dropped deep for much of the game, playing passes amongst themselves as their first option, with no pressing happening from Brighton's forwards (as they could just wait until one of them underhit a pass). Had problems all season trying to play out from the back the same way we did in previous seasons, only instead of footballing centre halves we've now got a crop that are very limited technically.

A good test is how well a centre half does when played at fullback. Cooper has really struggled, Joe Lewis did well defensively but offered little going forward. I'd dare not try Cabango in a wide area. By contrast Joe Rodon was immense at right back when I saw him there (think it was only an u18s game though), and Cian played there for Coventry in League One.

de Boer is so far from Byers in every aspect of the game. Much prefer Price or King as the deepest midfielder as at least they can defend.
U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 12:19 - Apr 6 with 2503 viewsglanmorjak

U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 11:40 - Apr 6 by jasper_T

We had Kees, Keston and Cabango all dropped deep for much of the game, playing passes amongst themselves as their first option, with no pressing happening from Brighton's forwards (as they could just wait until one of them underhit a pass). Had problems all season trying to play out from the back the same way we did in previous seasons, only instead of footballing centre halves we've now got a crop that are very limited technically.

A good test is how well a centre half does when played at fullback. Cooper has really struggled, Joe Lewis did well defensively but offered little going forward. I'd dare not try Cabango in a wide area. By contrast Joe Rodon was immense at right back when I saw him there (think it was only an u18s game though), and Cian played there for Coventry in League One.

de Boer is so far from Byers in every aspect of the game. Much prefer Price or King as the deepest midfielder as at least they can defend.

The 23’s built their reputation over the years with speedy wingers, James, Hedges, Samuel etc., and it was obvious last season when Garrick started having problems with his hamstring that the team struggled to open up the opposition as well as score goals.

Rodon like most centre backs is too stiff legged to play f/back. A great prospect at c/back but not a f/back. Whether injuries have affected him Brandon Cooper has gone sideways this season, easily caught out of position and has been caught out too many times front on to his opponent.

Unfair to criticise Kees this season as it is with Paulet, and to judge Kees is no Byers is foolish when one compares Byers arrived here having already made his Lge debut at Watford. Judge them next season when they have a full season under their belt while King lacks pace and does not fancy a tackle. What is evident this season is how much the team has missed Jack Evans.

Think Cullen’s contract is up this summer so will be a big decision to offer him a deal as well as Kieran Evans, a gifted player with the ball at his feet but lacks pace and the ability to play 90 minutes.
U23s vs Brighton (PL2) 7pm on 12:27 - Apr 6 with 2492 viewsjasper_T

I'm not saying that Joe is a senior fullback prospect, it's just a way to take a measure of a player's technical skills, playing and defending tight/wide areas etc. the demands for which increase as players step up through levels.

A defender that can't fulfil a fullback role in the u23s side is likely going to struggle at CB in Potter's Championship outfit, where mobility, control and first-time distribution skills are tested more than they would be for an old-fashioned hoof and hope defender.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024