Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
English hospital will refuse Welsh patients 03:20 - Apr 6 with 1656 viewsGroo

except emergencies

https://www.chesterstandard.co.uk/news/17551438.countess-of-chester-hospital-say

Groo does what Groo does best

English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 07:22 - Apr 6 with 1611 viewsrockinjk

The real question is why are they having to go over the border?

English NHS faces National scrutiny we just put up with a satisfactory soviet system
English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 07:32 - Apr 6 with 1602 viewssherpajacob

How long would Chester and Merseyside last without water.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 07:33 - Apr 6 with 1600 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I am sure a lot of people living near borders useing NHS services just across the border. People in Scotland travelling to Berwick upon tweed or Carlisle. Maybe even people in England being treated in Scotland or Wales.

The real question must be why foreign or EU nationals can be treated anywhere in the UK they happen to live but British people cannot be treated in Chester if they live in Wales.

The clue is in the title NHS NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2019 7:37]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 08:04 - Apr 6 with 1578 viewsbluey_the_blue

English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 07:33 - Apr 6 by felixstowe_jack

I am sure a lot of people living near borders useing NHS services just across the border. People in Scotland travelling to Berwick upon tweed or Carlisle. Maybe even people in England being treated in Scotland or Wales.

The real question must be why foreign or EU nationals can be treated anywhere in the UK they happen to live but British people cannot be treated in Chester if they live in Wales.

The clue is in devolution. NHS in Wales run by Welsh Assembly, see

What's really happening is Welsh Assembly don't want to refund the NHS Trust involved.
English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 08:36 - Apr 6 with 1557 viewsfelixstowe_jack

English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 08:04 - Apr 6 by bluey_the_blue

What's really happening is Welsh Assembly don't want to refund the NHS Trust involved.

Do the foreign and EU nationals refund the NHS for their treatment costs?

Surely the Chester hospital is guilty of racial discrimination.

English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 09:13 - Apr 6 with 1531 viewsbluey_the_blue

English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 08:36 - Apr 6 by felixstowe_jack

Do the foreign and EU nationals refund the NHS for their treatment costs?

Surely the Chester hospital is guilty of racial discrimination.

Foreign nations can and do get invoiced for NHS treatment, I do believe. Insurance too.

No, they aren't guilty of "racial discrimination" as Welsh is not a race.

Again, NHS in Wales is a devolved issue. As in, run by Welsh Assembly. WA seem to not want to pay this Trust what the Trust are due. Funny that.
English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 09:14 - Apr 6 with 1529 viewsrockinjk

English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 09:13 - Apr 6 by bluey_the_blue

Foreign nations can and do get invoiced for NHS treatment, I do believe. Insurance too.

No, they aren't guilty of "racial discrimination" as Welsh is not a race.

Again, NHS in Wales is a devolved issue. As in, run by Welsh Assembly. WA seem to not want to pay this Trust what the Trust are due. Funny that.

Facts dear boy facts - it’s 2019 remember
English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 09:38 - Apr 6 with 1522 viewsBrynmill_Jack

English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 08:04 - Apr 6 by bluey_the_blue

Run by f*cking idiots. How the f*ckety f*ck did I vote for devolution? A moment of madness I’m going to have to live with

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 10:58 - Apr 6 with 1479 viewscontroversial_jack

Foreigners can get treated because they pay into the NHS, unless illegal ones and then they can't
English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 10:59 - Apr 6 with 1477 viewscontroversial_jack

English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 09:38 - Apr 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Run by f*cking idiots. How the f*ckety f*ck did I vote for devolution? A moment of madness I’m going to have to live with

It's like Brexit, but on a smaller scale
English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 11:05 - Apr 6 with 1473 viewsLuther27

I didn't fall for it lol. In all seriousness I did fall for the closure of cottage hospitals and creating centres of excellence. Now if you don't live within ten miles or so of Swansea or Cardiff your health is at risk. What a fking mess it all is...and a very expensive fck up at that.
English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 11:14 - Apr 6 with 1470 viewsrockinjk

The WAG far from providing local accountability has just centralised incompetence in Cardiff Bay.

There was nothing wrong with devolving e.g. civil service and boosting local Government. The WAG has just created a bloated body full of people who couldn’t cut it in the real World wasting millions of pounds and projects that have no value

I mean Mark Drakeford? The streak of p1ss that he is. Imagine him in the private sector? He’d be eaten alive
[Post edited 6 Apr 2019 11:15]
English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 11:45 - Apr 6 with 1452 viewsbluey_the_blue

The assembly is one thing you can't blame on Cardiff, we voted against it...
English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 12:16 - Apr 6 with 1423 viewsfelixstowe_jack

English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 10:58 - Apr 6 by controversial_jack

Foreigners can get treated because they pay into the NHS, unless illegal ones and then they can't

Foreigners can get treatment on the NHS without ever having paid a penny of NI in this country. There are millions of foreign tourist coming to this country every year. A lot of those get free treatment on the NHS. In many cases the NHS does even bother to check if they are residents or have heath insurance.

English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 12:26 - Apr 6 with 1405 viewscontroversial_jack

English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 12:16 - Apr 6 by felixstowe_jack

Foreigners can get treatment on the NHS without ever having paid a penny of NI in this country. There are millions of foreign tourist coming to this country every year. A lot of those get free treatment on the NHS. In many cases the NHS does even bother to check if they are residents or have heath insurance.

Only for emergency treatment as they are not registered with a practise, which is fair enough.I believe there is a reciprocal agreement with EU countries, but Brexit will end that
English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 13:12 - Apr 6 with 1374 viewsPozuelosSideys

The UK is supposed to invoice the treatment of UK nationals back to their own country. But we choose not to most of the time. Go figure.

Same as non-EU nationals. An Iranian friend of mine broke her arm. Went down to A&E, nobody even asked the question. She had only been in the country 6 weeks.

Now im not saying these people shouldnt have been treated. But the cost of all this stuff adds up and is a big reason why the NHS can never be funded well enough.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 13:22 - Apr 6 with 1363 viewsLeonWasGod

English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 13:12 - Apr 6 by PozuelosSideys

The UK is supposed to invoice the treatment of UK nationals back to their own country. But we choose not to most of the time. Go figure.

Same as non-EU nationals. An Iranian friend of mine broke her arm. Went down to A&E, nobody even asked the question. She had only been in the country 6 weeks.

Now im not saying these people shouldnt have been treated. But the cost of all this stuff adds up and is a big reason why the NHS can never be funded well enough.

Yep. Easier to do nothing and let the scum press demonise all foreigners for it.

As is often the case, we’re in a position to deal with stuff like this that others get the blame for. But for some reason we don’t.
English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 13:27 - Apr 6 with 1349 viewsLeonWasGod

Don’t you go travelling over the border into Essex now!
English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 14:12 - Apr 6 with 1326 viewsHighjack

We should have another vote because some people who voted for it have died and now we know all the facts.

Where's that petition?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 14:29 - Apr 6 with 1313 viewsLeonWasGod

Never vote Labour in my life, but I’d rather this lot doing the little they can on the leash they’ve been given that the current c*nts in Westminster. This is the worse UK govt in my lifetime, by a long way.
English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 18:14 - Apr 6 with 1239 viewsrockinjk

English hospital will refuse Welsh patients on 14:29 - Apr 6 by LeonWasGod

Never vote Labour in my life, but I’d rather this lot doing the little they can on the leash they’ve been given that the current c*nts in Westminster. This is the worse UK govt in my lifetime, by a long way.

I'm sorry I completely disagree with the premise of this.

Brexit is the main problem, not the politicians. If you had Drakeford et al trying to sort it out, there would be the same problems if not worse.

The WAG look benevolent because they've got limited power. They don't have anywhere near the in-tray of Westminster MP's and I'm far from a fan of the Gov and opposition.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2019 18:14]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024