Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WAG getting Income Tax powers 17:44 - Apr 6 with 4424 viewsrockinjk

Only one way taxes are going to go:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-47787228

The talking shop will no doubt recruit many more bureaucrats to help "raise" the income.
WAG getting Income Tax powers on 09:42 - Apr 9 with 1009 viewsLeonWasGod

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 07:24 - Apr 9 by dickythorpe

Adam Price has been a massive let down so far.

Got ripped a new one by Drakeford a few weeks back for calling him a "fool it liar"

Price is always looking for a big word or hard hitting comment.....thing is his audience is small and just wants simple and easy to understand.
No need to be rude.

He was being built up as the next great thing wasn't he? Alarm bells rang for me when he implied a woman needed a man to lead alongside her. Although that was the inference rather than a direct meaning he shouldn't have gone anywhere near that sort of statement, nor was it in any way the kind of move likely to lead to the radical and powerful leadership he said Plaid needed. I've not noticed him nor Plaid since he took over.
WAG getting Income Tax powers on 15:52 - Apr 9 with 974 viewsblaenaugwentjack

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 07:24 - Apr 9 by dickythorpe

Adam Price has been a massive let down so far.

Got ripped a new one by Drakeford a few weeks back for calling him a "fool it liar"

Price is always looking for a big word or hard hitting comment.....thing is his audience is small and just wants simple and easy to understand.
No need to be rude.

Drakeford tore Adam Price a new one????? That,s like saying Narsingh tore Kyle Walker a new one.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 16:45]
WAG getting Income Tax powers on 00:11 - Apr 10 with 918 viewsmajorraglan

There could certainly be benefits in giving the WAG tax raising powers, but I think its going to turn out badly. The current government have over the last few years cut central funding to local authorities and the police. To compensate, local authorities and Police and Crime Commissioners have then had increase the council tax police precepts significantly. I can see May et al cutting the funding to the WAG forcing the WAG to make up the shortfall by increasing taxes. Instead of the WAG being able to raise money for extra projects in Wales our cash will be needed to make up for the money that’s removed from the central funding and our contributions to central government will be spent elsewhere.

I have a mate who’s a police officer, he was saying they cut the central government funding/ transferred additional expenditure liabilities while increasing the amount Commissioners could raise. The government then claimed they were increasing police funding - they hadn’t, they cut it but allowed the PCCs to raise more money locally. Smoke and mirrors and BS!
WAG getting Income Tax powers on 08:07 - Apr 10 with 901 viewsblaenaugwentjack

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 00:11 - Apr 10 by majorraglan

There could certainly be benefits in giving the WAG tax raising powers, but I think its going to turn out badly. The current government have over the last few years cut central funding to local authorities and the police. To compensate, local authorities and Police and Crime Commissioners have then had increase the council tax police precepts significantly. I can see May et al cutting the funding to the WAG forcing the WAG to make up the shortfall by increasing taxes. Instead of the WAG being able to raise money for extra projects in Wales our cash will be needed to make up for the money that’s removed from the central funding and our contributions to central government will be spent elsewhere.

I have a mate who’s a police officer, he was saying they cut the central government funding/ transferred additional expenditure liabilities while increasing the amount Commissioners could raise. The government then claimed they were increasing police funding - they hadn’t, they cut it but allowed the PCCs to raise more money locally. Smoke and mirrors and BS!

Sadly you have raised some very truthful and valid points here, what one can not espace is how badly Wales has been MANAGED by Welsh Labour. The new tax raising power could and should be a way of kick starting inward investment projects, but with Welsh Labour at the helm i dout it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024