Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter tactical masterclass 19:43 - Apr 6 with 4683 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

I thought GP showed today he is streets ahead of the likes of Pulis. Pulis could not counter anything Potter did today and really showed himself as a fraud. I hope we are able to keep hold of Potter. With some investment into the type of player he wants, we could be a force to be reckoned with and not witnessed at the Liberty since the days of Rogers.
Potter tactical masterclass on 19:45 - Apr 6 with 3691 viewsplasjack

Pulis the master of non football, good fit for them up the road.
Potter tactical masterclass on 19:47 - Apr 6 with 3668 viewsLeonWasGod

Potter tactical masterclass on 19:45 - Apr 6 by plasjack

Pulis the master of non football, good fit for them up the road.

And to think some people wanted him here
Potter tactical masterclass on 20:02 - Apr 6 with 3582 viewsTNT

Potter got it spot on Tuesday and today. Where are the knockers now? Conspicuous by their absence.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Potter tactical masterclass on 20:07 - Apr 6 with 3550 viewsjasper_T

Potter tactical masterclass on 20:02 - Apr 6 by TNT

Potter got it spot on Tuesday and today. Where are the knockers now? Conspicuous by their absence.

I'm still posting.
Potter tactical masterclass on 20:07 - Apr 6 with 3545 viewssainthelens

Potter tactical masterclass on 20:02 - Apr 6 by TNT

Instead of panicking, the yanks have to see what could happen here. Back this guy, they'll get their cash back....And more.
Potter tactical masterclass on 20:14 - Apr 6 with 3500 viewsplasjack

Potter tactical masterclass on 20:07 - Apr 6 by sainthelens

Instead of panicking, the yanks have to see what could happen here. Back this guy, they'll get their cash back....And more.

Hedge funds are not for long term, quick buck and they disappear.
Potter tactical masterclass on 21:02 - Apr 6 with 3303 viewsZaxx

Potter tactical masterclass on 20:07 - Apr 6 by jasper_T

I'm still posting.

You are.
And often admirably so with your knowledge of our younger players. (Credit where it is very much due).
But, IMO, you have occasionally refused to give GP credit for his attempts to bring the younger players into the fore. Perhaps he's been a little naive and trusting at times but he did state that he'd take a look at what the squad offered and give players a chance.
The fact that he's now relying on the likes of Dyer, Routledge, Naughton et al (which maybe he should have done from the start) only proves that firstly, he's a man of his word and secondly, he is learning what individual players in his squad can offer.

I don't mean that as a criticism at all. I'm certain that he thought that some of them players would have been off the books by now.
Potter tactical masterclass on 21:15 - Apr 6 with 3238 viewsTNT

Potter tactical masterclass on 20:07 - Apr 6 by jasper_T

I'm still posting.

Calling yourself a knocker of our team after two home wins in less than a week?

Only DYSS, Bobbly and Val to now come on here and give the team / manager credit where due.

The silence is deafening,

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Login to get fewer ads

Potter tactical masterclass on 21:28 - Apr 6 with 3158 viewsstevethejack

Great chant at Pulis, around me in the upper East stand:

You're just a shit Neil Warnock
Potter tactical masterclass on 21:47 - Apr 6 with 3077 viewsJoe_bradshaw

To be fair to Potter he’s inexperienced at this level and in my opinion has learned a lot about this division very quickly. He wanted to give everyone a chance in the first half of the season and did so. Since the team has been more settled the football is getting better and better. We still have issues of course, neither goalkeeper has convinced, defending set pieces is a big problem and we’re short of championship standard options up front.

Overall, I’ve enjoyed the season more than any for about five years. Our young players are bound to be inconsistent but they’re playing lovely football that’s a joy to watch. Matt Grimes is probably our player of the season. That’s Matt Grimes mind. Amazing. Despite the bloke behind me who thinks Celina is a weak pussy of a player Who should get stuck in, I love watching him play. Others can carry the piano, he knows how to play it.

It would be nice to think that we can keep them together next season and add that bit of quality which, with the experience our youngsters have gained, would give us a real chance.

I’m not holding my breath.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Potter tactical masterclass on 22:11 - Apr 6 with 2959 viewsPozuelosSideys

Im glad people are getting the chance to see what our players and management team are capable of. They are all young, with limited experience. Give them time and there will be more of this. This world is made up of fine margins, look at the WBA game where we arguably played better but lost 3-0. That will come with experience and better game management.

But like everyone else, i really hope this team doesnt get broken up in the summer. Get rid of the high earners and add a sprinkle more quality and we will be there or thereabouts!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Potter tactical masterclass on 22:21 - Apr 6 with 2911 viewsZaxx

Potter tactical masterclass on 21:47 - Apr 6 by Joe_bradshaw

To be fair to Potter he’s inexperienced at this level and in my opinion has learned a lot about this division very quickly. He wanted to give everyone a chance in the first half of the season and did so. Since the team has been more settled the football is getting better and better. We still have issues of course, neither goalkeeper has convinced, defending set pieces is a big problem and we’re short of championship standard options up front.

Overall, I’ve enjoyed the season more than any for about five years. Our young players are bound to be inconsistent but they’re playing lovely football that’s a joy to watch. Matt Grimes is probably our player of the season. That’s Matt Grimes mind. Amazing. Despite the bloke behind me who thinks Celina is a weak pussy of a player Who should get stuck in, I love watching him play. Others can carry the piano, he knows how to play it.

It would be nice to think that we can keep them together next season and add that bit of quality which, with the experience our youngsters have gained, would give us a real chance.

I’m not holding my breath.

Celina frustrates me greatly at times but his assist on Connor's goal today was sublime.
Classy player, but as an attacking MF he should bag a few more.
Time is on his side though, I really hope that he continues to progress.
Potter tactical masterclass on 11:59 - Apr 7 with 2585 viewsjackrmee

Potter tactical masterclass on 21:02 - Apr 6 by Zaxx

You are.
And often admirably so with your knowledge of our younger players. (Credit where it is very much due).
But, IMO, you have occasionally refused to give GP credit for his attempts to bring the younger players into the fore. Perhaps he's been a little naive and trusting at times but he did state that he'd take a look at what the squad offered and give players a chance.
The fact that he's now relying on the likes of Dyer, Routledge, Naughton et al (which maybe he should have done from the start) only proves that firstly, he's a man of his word and secondly, he is learning what individual players in his squad can offer.

I don't mean that as a criticism at all. I'm certain that he thought that some of them players would have been off the books by now.

Bang fuking on!!! Cracking post. My sentiments exactly!

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Potter tactical masterclass on 12:08 - Apr 7 with 2573 viewsDr_Winston

Potter tactical masterclass on 22:21 - Apr 6 by Zaxx

Celina frustrates me greatly at times but his assist on Connor's goal today was sublime.
Classy player, but as an attacking MF he should bag a few more.
Time is on his side though, I really hope that he continues to progress.

I think this is only Celina's second full season as a first team regular. He's done extremely well for the most part.

In a way he's a microcosm for the team in general. Young, talented, on the right day capable of making others look distinctly average but often inconsistent and still a work in progress.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Potter tactical masterclass on 12:20 - Apr 7 with 2539 viewsjasper_T

Potter tactical masterclass on 12:08 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

I think this is only Celina's second full season as a first team regular. He's done extremely well for the most part.

In a way he's a microcosm for the team in general. Young, talented, on the right day capable of making others look distinctly average but often inconsistent and still a work in progress.

Third full season. FC Twente and then Ipswich.
Potter tactical masterclass on 12:23 - Apr 7 with 2533 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Potter tactical masterclass on 21:02 - Apr 6 by Zaxx

You are.

"But, IMO, you have occasionally refused to give GP credit for his attempts to bring the younger players into the fore."

Jasper & I are realists, we have been watching the Under 23s play this kind of football for 2 years before they got their chances in the 1st team, albeit against a lower level of opposition.
A couple of them had already broken through while we were still in the Prem and were like a breath of fresh air compared to some of the proffesional prima donas we had playing for us.
Potter had little choice but to play them when most of the Seniors were sold off.
We recognised his weaknesses early on and a few of them are still there, he quite often still gets his subs slightly wrong which breaks up the cohesion and tempo of the team.
But he is improving, the Championship wasn't just a learning curve for the youngsters.
Potter tactical masterclass on 13:27 - Apr 7 with 2434 viewsjackrmee

Potter tactical masterclass on 12:23 - Apr 7 by A_Fans_Dad

"But, IMO, you have occasionally refused to give GP credit for his attempts to bring the younger players into the fore."

Jasper & I are realists, we have been watching the Under 23s play this kind of football for 2 years before they got their chances in the 1st team, albeit against a lower level of opposition.
A couple of them had already broken through while we were still in the Prem and were like a breath of fresh air compared to some of the proffesional prima donas we had playing for us.
Potter had little choice but to play them when most of the Seniors were sold off.
We recognised his weaknesses early on and a few of them are still there, he quite often still gets his subs slightly wrong which breaks up the cohesion and tempo of the team.
But he is improving, the Championship wasn't just a learning curve for the youngsters.

Making wrong decisions, or making right decisions which didn't quite come off on the day?
Arguably either.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Potter tactical masterclass on 13:40 - Apr 7 with 2408 viewsDr_Winston

Potter tactical masterclass on 13:27 - Apr 7 by jackrmee

Making wrong decisions, or making right decisions which didn't quite come off on the day?
Arguably either.

Isn't a right decision that doesn't come off technically a wrong decision?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Potter tactical masterclass on 13:43 - Apr 7 with 2396 viewsjasper_T

Potter tactical masterclass on 13:40 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

Isn't a right decision that doesn't come off technically a wrong decision?

Depends what conspiracy theory people come up with after the fact.
Potter tactical masterclass on 14:20 - Apr 7 with 2342 viewsJonathans_coat

Potter tactical masterclass on 13:27 - Apr 7 by jackrmee

Arguably either.

In fairness, he isn’t exactly blessed with a huge squad which would allow many options for subs.

Performances do seem to drop late on in games when subs are brought on, I agree. But what other options has he got than the players on the bench? Keep everyone else on for 90 mins?
Potter tactical masterclass on 14:31 - Apr 7 with 2313 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Potter tactical masterclass on 14:20 - Apr 7 by Jonathans_coat

In fairness, he isn’t exactly blessed with a huge squad which would allow many options for subs.

Performances do seem to drop late on in games when subs are brought on, I agree. But what other options has he got than the players on the bench? Keep everyone else on for 90 mins?

No it not just who is available, it is also who comes off for who comes on just as much as who comes on.
For instance why was VDH taken off for Joe, surely it should have been CCV?
Why Narsingh instead of Fulton, Ollie or even Mckayto come on, I realise he was trying to keep speed merchants on the field, but we were 3 up by then.
Potter tactical masterclass on 15:05 - Apr 7 with 2272 viewssainthelens

About time we all started being greatful for what Potts has done with the cards he's been dealt. The guy is developing and giving a chance could be the best we've had. We could have been lumbered with a Pulis/McLaren/Holloway type then fck knows where we'd have finished up this year.
Potter tactical masterclass on 15:14 - Apr 7 with 2256 viewsjasper_T

Potter tactical masterclass on 15:05 - Apr 7 by sainthelens

About time we all started being greatful for what Potts has done with the cards he's been dealt. The guy is developing and giving a chance could be the best we've had. We could have been lumbered with a Pulis/McLaren/Holloway type then fck knows where we'd have finished up this year.

Not often we've hired experienced, expensive managers like them, though.
Potter tactical masterclass on 15:28 - Apr 7 with 2243 viewssainthelens

Potter tactical masterclass on 15:14 - Apr 7 by jasper_T

Not often we've hired experienced, expensive managers like them, though.

Ok, well we could have had another Clement/Carlos/Bobbly.
Think I'm wasting my time defending him here tbh.
Potter tactical masterclass on 15:31 - Apr 7 with 2235 viewsFireboy2

Potter tactical masterclass on 15:28 - Apr 7 by sainthelens

Ok, well we could have had another Clement/Carlos/Bobbly.
Think I'm wasting my time defending him here tbh.

No you are not SH.

I rate him as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024