Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A travesty 20:29 - Apr 6 with 4773 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Another display of fantastic football
We’ve dominate games this season and come away with nothing ,potter has done wonders and so have the players
Such a shame ,I’ve only seen Norwich better than us down here ,with just 3 wins in our first 10 games chucking in new signings instead of experience has cost us .

It’ll be sh it or bust in the summer ,to be honest I’m dreading it .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

A travesty on 20:45 - Apr 6 with 3655 viewsandrew

Sad thing is, we didn’t need to invest! This starting line up from day 1 with Jeff off the bench would have seen us in the top 4 no doubt.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

A travesty on 20:49 - Apr 6 with 3620 viewsBadlands

A travesty on 20:45 - Apr 6 by andrew

Sad thing is, we didn’t need to invest! This starting line up from day 1 with Jeff off the bench would have seen us in the top 4 no doubt.

No they wouldn't' - we are playing well because they have had much of the season to play together and get used to Potter's philosophy.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

A travesty on 20:50 - Apr 6 with 3604 viewsFireboy2

A travesty on 20:49 - Apr 6 by Badlands

No they wouldn't' - we are playing well because they have had much of the season to play together and get used to Potter's philosophy.

And because its a 46+ game season where we need a decent size squad to compete
A travesty on 20:56 - Apr 6 with 3568 viewsjasper_T

We'd definitely be better off had Routedge and Dyer been involved from match day one instead of McKay and Asoro.

We had Dhanda starting ahead of both when we played Forest the first time.

Will be gutting if we continue our current form and fall just short of the playoffs.
A travesty on 21:11 - Apr 6 with 3473 viewsSgorioFruit

We would have had another two points on the board had naughton not decided to run backwards against Birmingham,
Proper running backwards he was.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

A travesty on 21:13 - Apr 6 with 3458 viewssainthelens

A travesty on 21:11 - Apr 6 by SgorioFruit

We would have had another two points on the board had naughton not decided to run backwards against Birmingham,
Proper running backwards he was.

Your negativity is admirable.
A travesty on 21:15 - Apr 6 with 3439 viewspencoedjack

Tommy the most knowledgeable football poster on this board

Goodnight from Cyprus
A travesty on 22:13 - Apr 6 with 3246 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

A travesty on 20:56 - Apr 6 by jasper_T

We'd definitely be better off had Routedge and Dyer been involved from match day one instead of McKay and Asoro.

Will be gutting if we continue our current form and fall just short of the playoffs.

Indeed

I’d have given Baston a season in the championship think he would have done ok for us .

Login to get fewer ads

A travesty on 22:22 - Apr 6 with 3195 viewsjasper_T

A travesty on 22:13 - Apr 6 by oh_tommy_tommy

Indeed

I’d have given Baston a season in the championship think he would have done ok for us .

Seen much of him at Alaves? Was so far off the pace against Sevilla the other day he could have been walking backwards.

Given his wage and dislike of the club we should have our fingers crossed someone wants to take him on permanently asap. Bite their hands off for any sort of fee.
A travesty on 22:23 - Apr 6 with 3183 viewsZaxx

We seriously need to offload a few of the players on our books and he is one of them.
Was it 45K pw?
Seriously!
A travesty on 22:29 - Apr 6 with 3151 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

A travesty on 22:22 - Apr 6 by jasper_T

Seen much of him at Alaves? Was so far off the pace against Sevilla the other day he could have been walking backwards.

Given his wage and dislike of the club we should have our fingers crossed someone wants to take him on permanently asap. Bite their hands off for any sort of fee.

Yeah
but we kept bony

And those disasters we sent on loan in the past
Byers
James
Roberts
Roden
Oh and that left footed midfield cart horse what’s his name

Facking hell

What’s your point man

A travesty on 22:32 - Apr 6 with 3130 viewshobo

A travesty on 22:13 - Apr 6 by oh_tommy_tommy

Indeed

And increased his value at the same time. Win win
A travesty on 22:35 - Apr 6 with 3100 viewsjasper_T

A travesty on 22:32 - Apr 6 by hobo

And increased his value at the same time. Win win

More than a season in La Liga should? Much higher profile league, surely.
A travesty on 22:37 - Apr 6 with 3088 viewsjasper_T

A travesty on 22:29 - Apr 6 by oh_tommy_tommy

Yeah
but we kept bony

And those disasters we sent on loan in the past
Byers
James
Roberts
Roden
Oh and that left footed midfield cart horse what’s his name

Facking hell

What’s your point man

Bony wasn't fit enough to pass a medical or he'd have been gone as well.

And at least Bony has never sht-talked the club in the media (did sue us, mind).
A travesty on 22:43 - Apr 6 with 3043 viewsKilkennyjack

Spot on.

Beware of the Risen People

A travesty on 22:52 - Apr 6 with 2999 viewsZaxx

Jasper, I agree.
But apparently, due to financial constraints, Dyer and Routledge were not for selection. They were part of the 30K plus club. In other words, bye bye and leaving.
Rolling back the clock and having 20/20 hindsight is great but come on, be realistic here.
A travesty on 22:58 - Apr 6 with 2962 viewslonglostjack

Very harsh. Any manager/ coach needs time to get settled in. Your sniping from the sidelines gets on my proverbials. What’s your problem?
[Post edited 6 Apr 2019 23:06]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

A travesty on 23:02 - Apr 6 with 2939 viewsjasper_T

A travesty on 22:52 - Apr 6 by Zaxx

Jasper, I agree.
But apparently, due to financial constraints, Dyer and Routledge were not for selection. They were part of the 30K plus club. In other words, bye bye and leaving.
Rolling back the clock and having 20/20 hindsight is great but come on, be realistic here.

Potter always said they (and Narsingh) were available to him, and an important part of the group. He played them against Stoke. Unlike many here I've never been in a hurry to call him a liar.
A travesty on 23:04 - Apr 6 with 2931 viewsZaxx

A travesty on 23:02 - Apr 6 by jasper_T

Potter always said they (and Narsingh) were available to him, and an important part of the group. He played them against Stoke. Unlike many here I've never been in a hurry to call him a liar.

Maybe not but you are extremely critical of an unknown and complex situation.
A travesty on 23:11 - Apr 6 with 2894 viewsBadlands

A travesty on 22:52 - Apr 6 by Zaxx

Jasper, I agree.

Dyer and Routledge weren't playing because Potter was trying to break away from the older players and start something new with new players. As Dyer and Rutledge made it clear they weren't looking to leave very little would have been saved.
Two great, but much maligned, servants of the club (well paid admittedly but it can never be either hasn't given 100%.
What has been evident is the older players were needed to bring the youngster through. Dyer and Routlege also understand the possession, pass and move game Potter is trying to re-develop.
Had they been playing from day one would we have been higher up he league or would we have seen fewer Under 23s given a chance and older players picking up more injuries and then having to firefight with untried youngsters?
Whichever way I think we would be where we are now.
We are definitely getting back to the Swansea of 2007 - 14 - entertaining, continental and solvent.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

A travesty on 23:20 - Apr 6 with 2853 viewsjasper_T

A travesty on 22:58 - Apr 6 by longlostjack

Very harsh. Any manager/ coach needs time to get settled in. Your sniping from the sidelines gets on my proverbials. What’s your problem?
[Post edited 6 Apr 2019 23:06]

My "problem" is I like to talk about football but apparently that annoys some precious souls like yourself, so I can only apologise. But I stand by what I said about Routledge and Dyer being good footballers who would have improved results for us, however harsh that may sound to your delicate ears.

For the record I was one of those who at the time thought they didn't have much to offer and were out of the side on merit.
A travesty on 23:21 - Apr 6 with 2852 viewshobo

A travesty on 22:35 - Apr 6 by jasper_T

More than a season in La Liga should? Much higher profile league, surely.

What would you say his value is now? You said yourself you'd bite someone's hand off for any sort of fee.

I think he'd bang them in at this level, especially the way we are playing. We've all seen how much EFL goalscorers go for
A travesty on 23:28 - Apr 6 with 2812 viewsjasper_T

A travesty on 23:21 - Apr 6 by hobo

What would you say his value is now? You said yourself you'd bite someone's hand off for any sort of fee.

I think he'd bang them in at this level, especially the way we are playing. We've all seen how much EFL goalscorers go for

£0.

Don't think he'd do any better than Oli has, and so wouldn't play much. Worse technically and hardly any more athletic. Not seen loads of him this season but hardly impressive next to bottom of La Liga-level teammates.
A travesty on 23:28 - Apr 6 with 2813 viewsJackSomething

Agreed. Perhaps it would at least show the owners we have the potential to get back to the Prem and the riches they crave if they can keep the core of this team together?

I understand the need to bring the club back on an even keel financially, but perhaps we can shift the unwanted big earners like the Ayews and Baston, and get a good fee for James. Perhaps that will be enough and we could look for a few cheap prospects. It wasn't that long ago we were signing players like Bodde, Rangel and Scotland for relative peanuts. Players like that have to still be out there surely?

I'm probably being wildly optimistic, but a man can dream.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

A travesty on 23:32 - Apr 6 with 2798 viewsChief

A travesty on 23:21 - Apr 6 by hobo

I'd absolutely love to see how he'd get on with Potter working with him but unfortunately it seems he neither wants to be here and I doubt the yanks would want to pay his unsubsidised wages.

I think we could be smarter though, he's still employed by the club, get him back&get a full pre-season under Potter in him. If he doesn't fancy reporting back, don't pay his wages. Don't meekly give him what he wants and pack him off to Spain again.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024