Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we get 74 points 23:55 - Apr 6 with 3369 viewsGroo

Now we are all feeling good.

Stoke (h)
QPR (a)
Rotherham (h)
Ipswich (a)
Hull (h)
Derby (h)
Blackburn (a)

These last 7 games all look within our grasp if the stars align.

74 points usually would be short, Sheff Wed reached the play-offs in 2015/16 on that total but usually you need more.

Groo does what Groo does best

Can we get 74 points on 00:18 - Apr 7 with 3335 viewslonglostjack

I was getting enthusiastic Groo until bloody Tammy Abraham turned it around for Villa at the last moment.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Can we get 74 points on 14:02 - Apr 7 with 2856 viewsGroo

Can we get 74 points on 00:18 - Apr 7 by longlostjack

I was getting enthusiastic Groo until bloody Tammy Abraham turned it around for Villa at the last moment.

Yeah, I doubt we'd make 74 anyway but a good finish just outside the play-offs would show the potential of this team and what could be achieved with just minimal investment.

A great pity that we all know the investment will not be forthcoming.

Groo does what Groo does best

Can we get 74 points on 08:35 - Apr 8 with 2530 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Can we get 74 points on 14:02 - Apr 7 by Groo

Yeah, I doubt we'd make 74 anyway but a good finish just outside the play-offs would show the potential of this team and what could be achieved with just minimal investment.

Can’t win away so no

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Can we get 74 points on 09:25 - Apr 8 with 2469 viewsvalleyboy

Can we get 74 points on 14:02 - Apr 7 by Groo

You honestly believe that the better players in this team at the moment, will be at Swansea next season???

How will Birch reach his financial targets if he keeps the likes of James and to bring in players

Why in fact was a chairman like Birch and with the incentives that he has been offered. Brought into Swansea in the first place if it was not to sort the financial black hole

Or is it that you think there’s no black hole. Because you have read the headline figures of the financial statement
Can we get 74 points on 09:48 - Apr 8 with 2441 viewssherpajacob

Extrapolating the current positions, 73 points should be there or thereabouts.

68 was enough for Brighton a few years back and Blackpool went up with 70 points.

If we make it into play offs having won 9 on the bounce, we'd be red hot favourites.

I think we'll fall about 5 points short and all be agonisingly looking back at where we dropped points..

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Can we get 74 points on 11:46 - Apr 8 with 2345 viewsBytholWyn

74 point is the average number of points needed to claim 6th place in the Championship: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/results-swansea-city-

Realistically we need to win all our remaining games, to finish on 74 points, to have any chance of the play-offs. That should be enough to finish above Derby, given that we would have beaten them in our penultimate game and they would need 5 wins out of 6 in their other games to get to 75 points - including games against West Brom and Bristol City.

Finishing above Villa is unlikely given their current form, and the fact that they would only need 3 wins and two draws from 6 games to finish on 74 points - with a far superior goal difference. However, they do have a tricky run-in, including games against Bristol City, Leeds and Norwich, as well as games against teams battling to stay up.

So that would leave us chasing Bristol City for the final play-off spot. They need a record of 4-2-1 to make 74 points, and it's touch and go whether their goal difference would be better than ours. Their games include ones against West Brom, Villa and Derby, so they could drop points.

All in all our chances of making the play-offs are extremely remote. Every game from now on is a cup final - with any failure to win leaving us short. But at long as we keep winning it maintains interest. I'll take that.
Can we get 74 points on 11:57 - Apr 8 with 2316 viewsAl_Bundy

This thread is quote funny considering we can't win a match east of Briton Ferry at the moment.
Can we get 74 points on 12:29 - Apr 8 with 2271 viewsjasper_T

Can we get 74 points on 11:57 - Apr 8 by Al_Bundy

This thread is quote funny considering we can't win a match east of Briton Ferry at the moment.

But those three away games are at bottom of the league Ipswich, managerless QPR and free-falling Blackburn who have won one game since the end of January.

It's a tidy run in all things considered.
Login to get fewer ads

Can we get 74 points on 12:32 - Apr 8 with 2257 viewsBytholWyn

If we beat Stoke then the possibility of making the play-offs will seem a lot less remote, especially with QPR, Rotherham and Ipswich being the next three fixtures. Let's see the Stoke game as our cup final and see where that takes us.
Can we get 74 points on 12:35 - Apr 8 with 2249 viewsSTID2017

Can we get 74 points on 12:29 - Apr 8 by jasper_T

But those three away games are at bottom of the league Ipswich, managerless QPR and free-falling Blackburn who have won one game since the end of January.

It's a tidy run in all things considered.

"Blackburn won one game since end of January"
I'd put my house on us being their first win since whenever. It's the Swansea Way mun

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Can we get 74 points on 12:38 - Apr 8 with 2238 viewsjasper_T

Can we get 74 points on 12:35 - Apr 8 by STID2017

"Blackburn won one game since end of January"
I'd put my house on us being their first win since whenever. It's the Swansea Way mun

Didn't help Boro any.
Can we get 74 points on 14:44 - Apr 8 with 2049 viewsGlyn1

Can we get 74 points on 11:57 - Apr 8 by Al_Bundy

Our recent away matches were against top teams.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Can we get 74 points on 16:57 - Apr 8 with 1954 viewsAl_Bundy

I don't really class Forest and Sheff Wed as top teams. The bottom teams will be scrapping like mad to get points so not sure what this makes those fixtures any easier.
Can we get 74 points on 22:15 - Apr 8 with 1816 viewsLuther27

Can we get 74 points on 16:57 - Apr 8 by Al_Bundy

I don't really class Forest and Sheff Wed as top teams. The bottom teams will be scrapping like mad to get points so not sure what this makes those fixtures any easier.

I understand what you're saying, but the bottom teams are there for a reason. They're crap at defending and scoring. I'm pretty pleased with our run in as hopefully it'll give us, the fans an end of season cheer for a change.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024