Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. 16:44 - Apr 7 with 3669 viewsBadlands

Tuned in to Radio Wales for post match reaction on the way back the bus yesterday.
Ian Walsh had a real rant about everyone at Swansea being let down by 'owners' who take no interest in the club and are not accessible. If they had invested Swansea could be challenging for the play-offs etc etc. And whoever he was talking too agreed.
A few minutes later he was praising Cardiff for doing so well and fans should be happy and if they had bought players they would be higher up the table; they would have to change their manager; they would have to change the way they play; they would have to appoint someone to be the go-between between the club and the owner. But it was all rosy and they could possibly stay in the Premier League.
Double standards or what?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 16:58 - Apr 7 with 3143 viewslifelong

I listened to that on the way home from the game yesterday, I thought that Walsh made some fair comments about both us and Cardiff.
There is no doubt, in my opinion, that with a little investment in our playing squad we would now be in a play off spot.
Also his comment about Cardiff not playing attractive football was correct, and that they needed to get rid of Warnock in order for the club to sustain a position in the Premier League.
Radio Wales is obviously biased towards Cardiff City but I don’t mind Walsh on there.
Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 17:03 - Apr 7 with 3119 viewsjasper_T

Until Asoro, McKay and/or John come good there should be doubts about how much additional spending would have been required to get us into the playoffs.

Especially as top of the list was £6-7m Ryan Woods, who is a poor man's Matt Grimes (no great insult).
Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 17:03 - Apr 7 with 3119 viewsBLAZE

The belief that Radio Wales are anti-Swans is rubbish imo. Both commentators were purring yesterday, they really couldn't have been more excited over the performance
Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 17:43 - Apr 7 with 2982 viewsBadlands

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 17:03 - Apr 7 by BLAZE

The belief that Radio Wales are anti-Swans is rubbish imo. Both commentators were purring yesterday, they really couldn't have been more excited over the performance

Didn't hear the commentary as I was at the game.
But I stick my original impression.
As for Walsh!!!
When I did listen to Radio Wales I lost count of the time Nathan Blake stepped in to interrupt Walsh in order to support Swansea City.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 18:26 - Apr 7 with 2846 viewsvetchonian

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 17:03 - Apr 7 by jasper_T

Until Asoro, McKay and/or John come good there should be doubts about how much additional spending would have been required to get us into the playoffs.

Especially as top of the list was £6-7m Ryan Woods, who is a poor man's Matt Grimes (no great insult).

Ask to is almost 2 years younger than Dan James so he has time whenPotter got here he talked about building for the future nd this being a journey....
You used to have inscive posts but now you are very negative especially about some of the youngsters....i agree about McKay though

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 18:30 - Apr 7 with 2829 viewsjasper_T

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 18:26 - Apr 7 by vetchonian

Ask to is almost 2 years younger than Dan James so he has time whenPotter got here he talked about building for the future nd this being a journey....
You used to have inscive posts but now you are very negative especially about some of the youngsters....i agree about McKay though

I've always been negative about some of the youngsters.

Difference is almost no one gave a sht about any of them before this season.
Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 18:33 - Apr 7 with 2819 viewsbuilthjack

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 17:43 - Apr 7 by Badlands

Didn't hear the commentary as I was at the game.
But I stick my original impression.
As for Walsh!!!
When I did listen to Radio Wales I lost count of the time Nathan Blake stepped in to interrupt Walsh in order to support Swansea City.

Nathan Blake has praised us loads, and seems genuinely disappointed at what's gone on at our club.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 18:36 - Apr 7 with 2804 viewsPozuelosSideys

I tell you what did suprise me, was David Giles on the matchday comms. Hecouldnthave been more positive about the players and what we did. Normally whenever ive heard/seen him in the past, hes been a right miserable, pessimistic sod who hated us with a passion.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 20:04 - Apr 7 with 2613 viewsTenbySwan

I listened to the game on Radio Wales, and both Rob Phillip's, who is an excellent commentator and Ian Walsh were very complimentary of the Swans and their play.

BUT it really is time Walsh retired. There must be someone better out there !!!!!
Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 21:19 - Apr 7 with 2439 viewsdickythorpe

Walsh is up and down but he isn't afraid to express criticism even if we've won. He won't tolerate complacency or mediocrity.
Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 21:26 - Apr 7 with 2407 viewsunion_jack

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 21:19 - Apr 7 by dickythorpe

Walsh is up and down but he isn't afraid to express criticism even if we've won. He won't tolerate complacency or mediocrity.

And nor should he. Say it as it is!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 21:49 - Apr 7 with 2359 viewsmajorraglan

Lots of people give Blake stick, but I like him as a pundit. I also like Danny Gabbidon, he provides a good insight and is balanced. Walsh is tidy, but I am not so keen on Jason Perry or Kevin Ratcliffe.
Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 21:52 - Apr 7 with 2347 viewsLeonWasGod

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 21:49 - Apr 7 by majorraglan

Lots of people give Blake stick, but I like him as a pundit. I also like Danny Gabbidon, he provides a good insight and is balanced. Walsh is tidy, but I am not so keen on Jason Perry or Kevin Ratcliffe.

Blake’s an excellent pundit. Knowledgeable and doesn’t need to be a tvvat to make up for lack of ability.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 10:56]
Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 23:01 - Apr 7 with 2228 viewsmagicdaps10

Nathan Blake is a superb pundit and always bang on with his views regarding Swansea.

Remember hearing him on Radio Wales slating the owners and not holding back on what he has heard about them within the football world......could easily have kept his council but didnt.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 08:41 - Apr 8 with 1941 viewsVincent_Vega

I will say its better than what it has been. Blake, Gabbidon and Rob (who I think secretly loves the Swans) are very good. Jason Perry still grinds my gears, maybe it's history.

The callers I find baffling, Cardiff didn't play Saturday but a good 2/3rds of callers were Cardiff fans begging Warnock to stay on or Bellamy to take the job (that would be Hilarious!)

Wrexham had a good win and I don't think there was one caller? We had a cracking win and only 2 or 3 callers from Swansea.

I know Radio Wales can't make people phone in but the cynical side of me just can't help thinking the playing field isn't represented fairly.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 09:09 - Apr 8 with 1885 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 08:41 - Apr 8 by Vincent_Vega

I will say its better than what it has been. Blake, Gabbidon and Rob (who I think secretly loves the Swans) are very good. Jason Perry still grinds my gears, maybe it's history.

The callers I find baffling, Cardiff didn't play Saturday but a good 2/3rds of callers were Cardiff fans begging Warnock to stay on or Bellamy to take the job (that would be Hilarious!)

Wrexham had a good win and I don't think there was one caller? We had a cracking win and only 2 or 3 callers from Swansea.

I know Radio Wales can't make people phone in but the cynical side of me just can't help thinking the playing field isn't represented fairly.

They only really like callers ringing after we’ve lost or there’s some other negative news around the club, it’s getting better but there’s still that element (probably the head of sport) that still doesn’t like us.

Blake is Cardiff through and through but to his immense credit he’s very honest about Swans related matters. Rob Phillips has mellowed towards the Swans as have Ratcliffe and Giles and in fairness to them they seem to be recognising Swansea’s achievements over the last 7 seasons and those seem to have earned the club their respect. Perry is Perry, blinkered about all things Cardiff. But I don’t mind that. Most of us feel the same about us regarding them too.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 09:27 - Apr 8 with 1854 viewsVincent_Vega

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 09:09 - Apr 8 by Brynmill_Jack

They only really like callers ringing after we’ve lost or there’s some other negative news around the club, it’s getting better but there’s still that element (probably the head of sport) that still doesn’t like us.

Blake is Cardiff through and through but to his immense credit he’s very honest about Swans related matters. Rob Phillips has mellowed towards the Swans as have Ratcliffe and Giles and in fairness to them they seem to be recognising Swansea’s achievements over the last 7 seasons and those seem to have earned the club their respect. Perry is Perry, blinkered about all things Cardiff. But I don’t mind that. Most of us feel the same about us regarding them too.

To be fair there's a lot of negativity floating around the club to report. I get they want to get callers who make outrageous or unpopular opinions to encourage debate, Sutton does it perfectly for 5live but there's a balance, you don't want it ending up being as stupid as Jeremy Vine on R2.

I think the football we're offering this season has helped mellow the pundits, there's not a lot of negative spin they can put when we offer a product like that especially compared to 'them' up the road.

I do believe they're genuinely as concerned as the fan base for the summer, not because of some love in for the Swans but because there's a real threat that the entertainment value will die next season with the decimation of the squad and Potters future.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 00:20 - Apr 9 with 1466 viewsJacket

Maybe it's me being stupid and missing your point, but I have to say I can't find much wrong with his comments to be fair. We should have invested more, a decent striker and we would in the play offs. Cardiff have done better than expected, and could well stay up - they could well catch up with Brighton. Their squad, the terrible past record of their manager in the PL suggested they would already have been relegated. The fact they still have a chance of staying up in April is something they should be happy with.
Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 08:04 - Apr 9 with 1310 views34dfgdf54

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 17:03 - Apr 7 by jasper_T

You have zero idea how Woods would have performed if he had signed for us.

Don't get me wrong, with the money they wanted, he was never going to be a realistic option so why we kept the chase going I have no idea.
Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 08:34 - Apr 9 with 1283 viewsNeathJack

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 08:04 - Apr 9 by 34dfgdf54

You have zero idea how Woods would have performed if he had signed for us.

Don't get me wrong, with the money they wanted, he was never going to be a realistic option so why we kept the chase going I have no idea.

Continuing to "chase" Woods and not paying £6-7m at the last minute gave the board the perfect excuse not to spend £1-2m on someone else as this deal "broke down" to late.
Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 09:42 - Apr 9 with 1212 viewsjasper_T

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 08:34 - Apr 9 by NeathJack

Continuing to "chase" Woods and not paying £6-7m at the last minute gave the board the perfect excuse not to spend £1-2m on someone else as this deal "broke down" to late.

Another strange conspiracy theory emerges.

We know enough about Woods and how he plays to know that he wasn't going to be £6-7m better than Grimes has been. To say we have "zero idea" how he might have done for us is clutching at some pretty serious straws. He's been worse in every facet of his game than Grimes this season, including his defensive contribution where most critics still think we're lightweight and need an old-fashioned hardman in midfield to battle and scrap. Woods wouldn't have helped that at all.
Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 11:05 - Apr 9 with 1164 viewsLeonWasGod

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 09:42 - Apr 9 by jasper_T

We know enough about Woods and how he plays to know that he wasn't going to be £6-7m better than Grimes has been. To say we have "zero idea" how he might have done for us is clutching at some pretty serious straws. He's been worse in every facet of his game than Grimes this season, including his defensive contribution where most critics still think we're lightweight and need an old-fashioned hardman in midfield to battle and scrap. Woods wouldn't have helped that at all.

That's hindsight with respect to Matt though. He'd just come off the back of a spell in League 1 after a shocking spell at Leeds. Fans would have had no way of knowing he was heading for a decent season. At the time Woods' stock was much higher and people rightly thought he would have been a good addition at that time. As it happens it turned out great for Matt. There's also no guarantee that Woods form at Stoke would have translated into the same form here - he may or may not have been more suited to us, we just don't know.
Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 11:14 - Apr 9 with 1145 viewsjasper_T

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 11:05 - Apr 9 by LeonWasGod

That's hindsight with respect to Matt though. He'd just come off the back of a spell in League 1 after a shocking spell at Leeds. Fans would have had no way of knowing he was heading for a decent season. At the time Woods' stock was much higher and people rightly thought he would have been a good addition at that time. As it happens it turned out great for Matt. There's also no guarantee that Woods form at Stoke would have translated into the same form here - he may or may not have been more suited to us, we just don't know.

Of course it's hindsight. I certainly didn't think Grimey has much to offer last summer.

And it's hindsight that proves the "just a little more investment and..." brigade are off base. £10m including wages and agent payoffs and we'd be no better than we are now, potentially worse as Grimes would have had less opportunity to play in midfield. Just as spending £2m on Asoro and £500k on McKay simply delayed the involvement on James, Dyer and Routledge.

I'm not having a go at what people said in the summer. Would be throwing stones in glass houses there. But people are still saying it, which is mad considering the way our team has developed. Spending doesn't just cost £££ we don't have, it also costs opportunities for talented players we do have to emerge and impress.
Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 12:13 - Apr 9 with 1101 views34dfgdf54

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 09:42 - Apr 9 by jasper_T

I do still think we are lightweight, and need something in extra in the midfield.

We are in the bottom half of the Championship. Over the course of a season we haven't been strong enough to compete, not that I was expecting us to be, but to say we didn't need more, is what you would say, is clutching at some serious straws.
Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 12:17 - Apr 9 with 1097 views34dfgdf54

Radio Wales Post Match nonsense. on 11:14 - Apr 9 by jasper_T

Of course it's hindsight. I certainly didn't think Grimey has much to offer last summer.

And it's hindsight that proves the "just a little more investment and..." brigade are off base. £10m including wages and agent payoffs and we'd be no better than we are now, potentially worse as Grimes would have had less opportunity to play in midfield. Just as spending £2m on Asoro and £500k on McKay simply delayed the involvement on James, Dyer and Routledge.

I'm not having a go at what people said in the summer. Would be throwing stones in glass houses there. But people are still saying it, which is mad considering the way our team has developed. Spending doesn't just cost £££ we don't have, it also costs opportunities for talented players we do have to emerge and impress.

Don't get it confused mind, we couldn't afford the money for Woods.

But no one knows the difference Woods would have made, in my opinion he would have improved us, not the extent of us challenging or anything like that, but coming to us would have been a better move than Stoke.

See Joey Allen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024