Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rioting in France 20:39 - Apr 7 with 12187 viewsFlashberryjack

There's been a lot footage of rioting on the streets of Paris on social media, but very little is shown on our main news programmes.

Is all this fake news or is it being intentionally hidden from the British public?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Rioting in France on 22:02 - Apr 7 with 1965 viewsPozuelosSideys

Rioting in France on 21:55 - Apr 7 by longlostjack

What evidence does Mervyn base his analysis on?

The same evidence that Carney does. Statistical analysis using current and historical data in an attempt to predict a number of potential futures. The BoE pick a worst case scenario. Others will pick a more positive one. Just like everyone does. Its just opinion.

On a slightly different note - Germany is sinking beneath the waterline and Italy is struggling (As ever). Spain is continuining its good run. However, Germany alone counts for C.30% of the EU's economic coverage. So the UK currently is outperforming much of Euope, particularly our direct comparators. But then, people will interpet all this in different ways. Opinions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47802235

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Rioting in France on 22:03 - Apr 7 with 1962 viewssg1912

Rioting in France on 21:55 - Apr 7 by longlostjack

What evidence does Mervyn base his analysis on?

What evidence do negative analysts base their doomsday scenarios on?

.. the truth is nobody knows, I predict everything will stay the same - regardless of whether we do actually leave or not.
Rioting in France on 22:08 - Apr 7 with 1951 viewslondonlisa2001

Rioting in France on 21:45 - Apr 7 by valleyboy

So why does the previous Governor of the Bank of England say something totally different

I’ve asked this Londonlisa when she has been on about the damage Brexit will do to this country

She is supposed to know everything, but as never come back to contradict Mervyn King

I’d rather listen to what somebody like Mervyn King has to say about Brexit, than those that only read what others have written that don’t want to leave the EU. Then to repeat that point on

Mervyn King has been contradicted by almost every senior economist. And the present governor of the Bank of England.

He is, lest you forget, the man that precipitated the run on Northern Rock, the man that failed to cut interest rates quickly enough after the crash, the man that caused many senior banks to warn that unless he was replaced with someone markedly different they would move abroad, a man that failed to address the housing bubble in the UK that led, along with a similar bubble in the US, (together with a similar lack of response from Greenspan), to the financial crash and the worst recession since the Great Depression. Commentators have said that even as late as a few months prior to the crash, King didn’t see it coming, and his own staff accused him of failing to see what was happening and take action.

A massive Tory, fan of austerity and frequently gets it wrong. I can see why you’re such a fan.

Have a read of massive brexiteer Peter Oborne today.
Rioting in France on 22:09 - Apr 7 with 1949 viewslondonlisa2001

Rioting in France on 22:02 - Apr 7 by PozuelosSideys

The same evidence that Carney does. Statistical analysis using current and historical data in an attempt to predict a number of potential futures. The BoE pick a worst case scenario. Others will pick a more positive one. Just like everyone does. Its just opinion.

On a slightly different note - Germany is sinking beneath the waterline and Italy is struggling (As ever). Spain is continuining its good run. However, Germany alone counts for C.30% of the EU's economic coverage. So the UK currently is outperforming much of Euope, particularly our direct comparators. But then, people will interpet all this in different ways. Opinions.

Your first sentence is simply untrue.
Rioting in France on 22:30 - Apr 7 with 1914 viewsmajorraglan

Rioting in France on 22:02 - Apr 7 by PozuelosSideys

Apologies to one of the other PS posters who posted this last week for “nicking it” and reposting, but it’s most certainly worth a read.

https://www.ft.com/content/534e108a-4651-11e9-b168-96a37d002cd3
Rioting in France on 22:39 - Apr 7 with 1892 viewsDJack

Rioting in France on 22:30 - Apr 7 by majorraglan

Apologies to one of the other PS posters who posted this last week for “nicking it” and reposting, but it’s most certainly worth a read.

https://www.ft.com/content/534e108a-4651-11e9-b168-96a37d002cd3

Paywalled.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Rioting in France on 08:53 - Apr 8 with 1797 viewsJango

Rioting in France on 22:08 - Apr 7 by londonlisa2001

Mervyn King has been contradicted by almost every senior economist. And the present governor of the Bank of England.

He is, lest you forget, the man that precipitated the run on Northern Rock, the man that failed to cut interest rates quickly enough after the crash, the man that caused many senior banks to warn that unless he was replaced with someone markedly different they would move abroad, a man that failed to address the housing bubble in the UK that led, along with a similar bubble in the US, (together with a similar lack of response from Greenspan), to the financial crash and the worst recession since the Great Depression. Commentators have said that even as late as a few months prior to the crash, King didn’t see it coming, and his own staff accused him of failing to see what was happening and take action.

A massive Tory, fan of austerity and frequently gets it wrong. I can see why you’re such a fan.

Have a read of massive brexiteer Peter Oborne today.

No doubt this time yesterday you would have dismissed anything Oborne said as bulls***.

*Ask any psychologist when is the worst time to reach a decision.
They agree that it is when you suffer from exhaustion and emotional collapse. Speaking candidly, that is the state of mind in which most of our MPs and cabinet ministers now find themselves.*

He spouts off that crap and then makes the decision to change his mind on Brexit.
Rioting in France on 09:14 - Apr 8 with 1782 viewsLeonWasGod

Rioting in France on 22:03 - Apr 7 by sg1912

What evidence do negative analysts base their doomsday scenarios on?

.. the truth is nobody knows, I predict everything will stay the same - regardless of whether we do actually leave or not.

Well things have already changed. I suspect what you really mean is 'it isn't affecting me'.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2019 10:01]
Login to get fewer ads

Rioting in France on 09:25 - Apr 8 with 1782 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Rioting in France on 21:42 - Apr 7 by Jack123

Total mainstream news blackout, then i stumble across this

European utopia , as fascist as the regime that preceded it.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Rioting in France on 10:24 - Apr 8 with 1756 viewslondonlisa2001

Rioting in France on 08:53 - Apr 8 by Jango

No doubt this time yesterday you would have dismissed anything Oborne said as bulls***.

*Ask any psychologist when is the worst time to reach a decision.
They agree that it is when you suffer from exhaustion and emotional collapse. Speaking candidly, that is the state of mind in which most of our MPs and cabinet ministers now find themselves.*

He spouts off that crap and then makes the decision to change his mind on Brexit.

Oborne is admitting what he used to say was bullsh*t. Doesn’t need me to do it for him.
Rioting in France on 10:28 - Apr 8 with 1751 viewslondonlisa2001

Rioting in France on 09:25 - Apr 8 by Brynmill_Jack

European utopia , as fascist as the regime that preceded it.

That’ll be why Rees Mogg, Johnson et al are such fans.

Oh wait...

Don’t you ever look at the extreme right wing thugs who hate the EU like you do and wonder?
Rioting in France on 11:00 - Apr 8 with 1735 viewsDafyddHuw

Rioting in France on 21:45 - Apr 7 by valleyboy

So why does the previous Governor of the Bank of England say something totally different

I’ve asked this Londonlisa when she has been on about the damage Brexit will do to this country

She is supposed to know everything, but as never come back to contradict Mervyn King

I’d rather listen to what somebody like Mervyn King has to say about Brexit, than those that only read what others have written that don’t want to leave the EU. Then to repeat that point on

Oh ffs. What are you - king of the whingers?

If you want to listen to Mervyn fücking King, then listen to Mervyn fücking King. Nobody's stopping you. Just stop being a baby.
Rioting in France on 11:48 - Apr 8 with 1712 viewschad

Um looks like it’s getting worse in Paris, pretty serious stuff, surprised that it is not being more widely reported.

Just for clarification I am assuming the head of the Bank of England has not changed recently, so when we refer to the Current Governor of the Bank of England we are referring to the same person that made those predictions at the time of the referendum vote - Mark Carney

In a similar vein if we believe that Oborne was talking bullshit before surely it would be difficult to have faith in him now
Rioting in France on 11:49 - Apr 8 with 1713 viewsLord_Bony

Rioting in France on 21:46 - Apr 7 by Flashberryjack

Enjoy and don't forget your poopy scooper bags.

This is why I could never have a dog,I would spew quite frankly.

Europe and the EU is also in the shite,big time..

Italy teetering on the brink of big bailouts soon.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Rioting in France on 11:58 - Apr 8 with 1699 viewsWxmJax

Rioting in France on 21:42 - Apr 7 by Jack123

Total mainstream news blackout, then i stumble across this

If you click on the the picture link it says Dec 2018.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Rioting in France on 12:05 - Apr 8 with 1693 viewslondonlisa2001

Rioting in France on 11:48 - Apr 8 by chad

Um looks like it’s getting worse in Paris, pretty serious stuff, surprised that it is not being more widely reported.

Just for clarification I am assuming the head of the Bank of England has not changed recently, so when we refer to the Current Governor of the Bank of England we are referring to the same person that made those predictions at the time of the referendum vote - Mark Carney

In a similar vein if we believe that Oborne was talking bullshit before surely it would be difficult to have faith in him now

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-goldmansachs/brexit-uncertainty-has

I’m sure you know more though.
Rioting in France on 12:10 - Apr 8 with 1680 viewsLeonWasGod

Rioting in France on 11:58 - Apr 8 by WxmJax

If you click on the the picture link it says Dec 2018.

Interesting account too - just seems to be spam posting links to facebook videos.
Rioting in France on 12:13 - Apr 8 with 1675 viewsLord_Bony

Personally,I think the economic analysts at Goldman Sachs are like the rest of us...they have not a clue what is happening really ...they just want us in Europe because it suits them.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/money/2015/03/08/the-blind-forecaster-motley-fool/

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Rioting in France on 12:25 - Apr 8 with 1650 viewsLeonWasGod

Rioting in France on 12:13 - Apr 8 by Lord_Bony

Personally,I think the economic analysts at Goldman Sachs are like the rest of us...they have not a clue what is happening really ...they just want us in Europe because it suits them.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/money/2015/03/08/the-blind-forecaster-motley-fool/

I would suspect that many of the economists who have been analysing what been happening are not at all like most of us. They'll have an insight into what is going on and the skills to make sense of it and draw informed conclusions. We are talking about looking at what's happened, as opposed to forecasts as per that link you posted.

And if we want to talk forecasts, the simple message that they're all wrong is just that...too simple:

Rioting in France on 12:25 - Apr 8 with 1649 viewslondonlisa2001

Rioting in France on 12:13 - Apr 8 by Lord_Bony

The analysis is not forecasts, it’s what’s happened.

Every serious economic assessment is showing the same - the GS analysis is actually more conservative than some.

But the reality is that brexiteers dismiss any evidence that the economic impact is pretty close to that forecast pre referendum (actually a bit worse) although timing has been different, largely due to huge quantitative easing measures taken out by BOE to prevent (or delay) what they were forecasting. The negative effects are simply being ignored with people shoving their fingers in their ears while singing la la la.

It’s summed up by that fruit farmer on tonight’s Dispatches programme who voted Brexit and now realises he can’t get anyone to pick his fruit as the Eastern Europeans that have always done it are no longer here, and he’s going to lose everything. Laughable.
Rioting in France on 14:12 - Apr 8 with 1581 viewsFlashberryjack

Rioting in France on 11:49 - Apr 8 by Lord_Bony

This is why I could never have a dog,I would spew quite frankly.

Europe and the EU is also in the shite,big time..

Italy teetering on the brink of big bailouts soon.

Fake news mate...Germany, France, Italy and the Greek economies are absolutely booming, And there isn't any rioting with police brutality in France.

Everything in Europe is tickety boo mun, except for the poor old UK, unless we remain in the the wonderfuly booming EU.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Rioting in France on 14:18 - Apr 8 with 1574 viewsLeonWasGod

Rioting in France on 14:12 - Apr 8 by Flashberryjack

Fake news mate...Germany, France, Italy and the Greek economies are absolutely booming, And there isn't any rioting with police brutality in France.

Everything in Europe is tickety boo mun, except for the poor old UK, unless we remain in the the wonderfuly booming EU.

At any point in this thread were you planning on making a point? We understand that you don't like the EU, but was there anything else?
Rioting in France on 14:31 - Apr 8 with 1569 viewsGreatBritton

Meanwhile, back on the topic of the French rioting, I can report (because I was in Paris in the middle of it all a couple of weeks ago) the French are rioting:
(a) because of fuel price increases, which affect rural populations worse than urban, but the Parisians like to support their country cousin, and they do like a riot anyway
(b) they mistrust 'the system'.
When I enquired which bit of what system, the response was 'all of it'.

Ordinary Parisians (i.e. those wearing gilets of different hues from yellow) are bemused by it all, but even more bemused about Brexit. 'Why would you want to be worse off?' they asked.
Rioting in France on 14:42 - Apr 8 with 1551 viewsPozuelosSideys

Rioting in France on 22:09 - Apr 7 by londonlisa2001

Your first sentence is simply untrue.

Fact or opinion? If its the former, source pls. Ta

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Rioting in France on 14:49 - Apr 8 with 1546 viewsPozuelosSideys

Rioting in France on 12:05 - Apr 8 by londonlisa2001

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-goldmansachs/brexit-uncertainty-has

I’m sure you know more though.

I saw this one. Most definitely not one of the "worst case" scenarios, but is probably more along the levels you would sensibly expect from a No Deal scenario. Not good reading but there we go.

Problem is a significant amount of this could have been offset if we had planned from an early point for a no deal and put in place the infrastructure and operational capabilities to manage. They have had 3 years and i wouldnt bet against it being 4 years. Our politicians from across teh spectrum are no longer fit for purpose. Most of them career politicians with minimal understanding of how the world, and the private sector in particular operates. But hey, when this is all over, theyll all be Knighted, moved to the House of Lords and then can sit back on their millions.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024