Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button 20:41 - Apr 7 with 23735 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 18:52]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 22:05 - Apr 9 with 2800 viewslondonlisa2001

Lovely football again tonight.

Unbelievably comfortable,

Great week for us. If only we can keep this team together...
The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 22:11 - Apr 9 with 2725 viewslonglostjack

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 22:05 - Apr 9 by londonlisa2001

Lovely football again tonight.

Unbelievably comfortable,

Great week for us. If only we can keep this team together...

Come on Trevor ... you know it makes sense.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 22:12 - Apr 9 with 2717 viewsLibertarian

Boxing Day was the last time we lost at home in the league. That’s phenomenal.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 22:13]
The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 22:32 - Apr 9 with 2532 viewsPozuelosSideys

Think what we have learned in the last few games other than the obvious attacking play, is that having a goalkeeper who is better with his feet than he is with his hands matters far less when we are dominating and controlling games. In fact, hes most definitely an asset. the problems exist when we come under pressure. Its a tricky one for Potter as the last 3 performances have highlighted mainly Nordfeldts positive attributes (have only seen todays goal from one angle)

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 22:37 - Apr 9 with 2476 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Great win again. We have been exceptional since the new year win in the league, at home, scoring goals for fun add in our cup performances as well and you have to wonder why the missing season ticket holders chose to stay at home despite already having paid. You think the casual supporters woutdoor turn up as well to watch decent atracking football.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 22:51 - Apr 9 with 2377 viewshobo

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 21:51 - Apr 9 by blackflyingswan

Ok, never share Michael Buble again...
The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 22:55 - Apr 9 with 2365 viewsjasper_T

Stoke fans hate Clucas which is a small silver lining to that whole disaster.
The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 23:12 - Apr 9 with 2276 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 22:37 - Apr 9 by felixstowe_jack

Great win again. We have been exceptional since the new year win in the league, at home, scoring goals for fun add in our cup performances as well and you have to wonder why the missing season ticket holders chose to stay at home despite already having paid. You think the casual supporters woutdoor turn up as well to watch decent atracking football.

Or in other words, maybe Potter knew what he was doing all along. It is difficult, as when we're under the cosh I'm far happier with Mulder. The forced change is possibly a good thing in a way.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 23:25 - Apr 9 with 2215 viewsLeonWasGod

Holy crap, look at those stats. I know it felt comfortable, but that's taking the pee. 31 shots to their 2.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47781553
The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 23:31 - Apr 9 with 2190 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 23:12 - Apr 9 by LeonWasGod

Or in other words, maybe Potter knew what he was doing all along. It is difficult, as when we're under the cosh I'm far happier with Mulder. The forced change is possibly a good thing in a way.

It's not like Mulder was bad with his feet when he was playing.
The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 23:36 - Apr 9 with 2165 viewsswan65split

Great too watch after the last few seasons. Full marks too the players and Potter and his staff.

Just a worry now whether the $$$$$ signs will be too much to ignore for the Yanks.
The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 02:28 - Apr 10 with 1972 viewsGlyn1

The Stoke fans really hate Clucas. Correction, they really, really, really hate, loathe and despise Clucas with a deep and abiding passion. Usually when fans criticise a player, there is at least one person who makes excuses for him and defends him but absolutely not in this case. One of the less vitriolic messages on their board (after the first sending off) was: "That's a shame is that. If Clucas had got sent off we might still be in with a chance."

But the posting that concerned me was "Wonder if it’s worth throwing some cash at Swansea for one or two of these given their financial plight". (To which another Stoke fan responded: "We tried that and signed Clucas.")
[Post edited 10 Apr 2019 2:38]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 06:51 - Apr 10 with 1872 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 02:28 - Apr 10 by Glyn1

The Stoke fans really hate Clucas. Correction, they really, really, really hate, loathe and despise Clucas with a deep and abiding passion. Usually when fans criticise a player, there is at least one person who makes excuses for him and defends him but absolutely not in this case. One of the less vitriolic messages on their board (after the first sending off) was: "That's a shame is that. If Clucas had got sent off we might still be in with a chance."

But the posting that concerned me was "Wonder if it’s worth throwing some cash at Swansea for one or two of these given their financial plight". (To which another Stoke fan responded: "We tried that and signed Clucas.")

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 07:23 - Apr 10 with 1827 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 23:12 - Apr 9 by LeonWasGod

Play a footballing keeper at home and one that makes saves and stuff away
What a plan be champions next season.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 07:36 - Apr 10 with 1800 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 06:51 - Apr 10 by Brynmill_Jack

Did the Stoke fans join in with the what a waste of money chant.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 09:48 - Apr 10 with 1664 viewswestside

Stoke had two gingers
The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 10:18 - Apr 10 with 1642 viewsploppy

I'd completely forgotten about Woods. So, he couldn't get in their starting XI last night? Has he been out injured or something?
The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 10:40 - Apr 10 with 1629 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 10:18 - Apr 10 by ploppy

I'd completely forgotten about Woods. So, he couldn't get in their starting XI last night? Has he been out injured or something?

He's not as good as Allen and Etebo have been for them recently.
The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 11:13 - Apr 10 with 1589 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 02:28 - Apr 10 by Glyn1

' given their financial plight' made me laugh

Stoke - Nov 18

The club’s latest accounts, up to the financial year ending May 2018, reveal a pre-tax loss of £30.191m during that 12-month period compared to a £5m profit the year before.
&
The club also remains heavily in debt, to the tune of £180.683m, but it remains a manageable debt and the majority (£122.7m) is owed to the parent company (Stoke City Holdings Ltd) and no interest is paid on it.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-accounts

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 13:39 - Apr 10 with 1533 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I noticed that VDH’s goal made him think he’d suddenly become Messi.

Most times he was in possession afterwards he went on mazy dribbles through as many of the Stoke team as he could. I think it was Routledge that had to remind him he was playing centre back.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 14:10 - Apr 10 with 1510 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 13:39 - Apr 10 by Joe_bradshaw

I noticed that VDH’s goal made him think he’d suddenly become Messi.

Most times he was in possession afterwards he went on mazy dribbles through as many of the Stoke team as he could. I think it was Routledge that had to remind him he was playing centre back.

Him and CCV both carrying the ball out more in the last few games. Something we missed with Joe out.
The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 14:11 - Apr 10 with 1509 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 14:16 - Apr 10 with 1502 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 14:10 - Apr 10 by jasper_T

Him and CCV both carrying the ball out more in the last few games. Something we missed with Joe out.

And Chico

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 14:22 - Apr 10 with 1491 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 14:11 - Apr 10 by jasper_T

The defence/Grimes/Byers and Nordfeldt have clearly been spending a lot of time working on this training. Nearly caught out a couple of times (and it will happen at some point) but some of the play out between them from the back set us for so many attacking plays, it was a joy to watch. Oozed confidence.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 16:05 - Apr 10 with 1443 viewsGaz_M

The Official Swansea City v Stoke City Match Thread-Live on SkySports Red Button on 14:16 - Apr 10 by Brynmill_Jack

And Chico

He's not been here for a little while buddy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024