Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR AWAY 19:39 - Apr 8 with 2539 viewsdonnybackspin

Is there anyway that someone can suggest to get a cheaper train fair, it's around £130 return for me and my son?

Also where are people meeting in London for a beer before the game?
QPR AWAY on 19:56 - Apr 8 with 2515 viewslifelong

Why not check out the National Express web site, a bit longer journey but very much cheaper, I did it a few seasons ago and the return journey was less that 30 notes.
Swansea to Victoria Bus Station then tube it from there.
QPR AWAY on 20:05 - Apr 8 with 2505 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

One could walk. The only thing it would cost you is time as it's a long way.
QPR AWAY on 20:09 - Apr 8 with 2495 viewsAndy1300

Try splitting the journey, i.e Swansea to another station and then another ticket on to London, sometimes works out a lot cheaper and you stay on the same train

Number 1 team in Wales

QPR AWAY on 07:44 - Apr 10 with 2293 viewsihowells

Megabus might be worth a shot, £75 for the pair of you but 5 hours each way approx.
QPR AWAY on 14:36 - Apr 10 with 2211 viewsFireboy2

See if you know someone who has a family and friends railcard, ive got one and it saves me a sh!tload

Just put swansea to Paddington into the national rail search using the card and it came out at £74 return for both of you,

Try your best fella.
QPR AWAY on 22:29 - Apr 10 with 2131 viewsPJackArmy

Split the journey up in seperate tickets but you don't actually have to change trains just 1 direct through from Swansea to London and show whichever ticket for the stations you are inbetween at the time when asked. The cheapest way of splitting usually for London games is 5 different return tickets,

Swansea to Newport
Newport to Swindon
Swindon to Didcot parkway
Didcot parkway to reading
Reading to London Paddington
QPR AWAY on 23:39 - Apr 10 with 2084 viewsFireboy2

QPR AWAY on 22:29 - Apr 10 by PJackArmy

Split the journey up in seperate tickets but you don't actually have to change trains just 1 direct through from Swansea to London and show whichever ticket for the stations you are inbetween at the time when asked. The cheapest way of splitting usually for London games is 5 different return tickets,

Swansea to Newport
Newport to Swindon
Swindon to Didcot parkway
Didcot parkway to reading
Reading to London Paddington

Im a sad b@astard with loads of time on my hands, just checked that route and it came out at roughly £112, whereas if he gets a family and friends railcard from someone he would only pay £74.
QPR AWAY on 07:05 - Apr 11 with 2037 viewsdonnybackspin

Thanks for the great advice, I managed to get a friend's and family railcard and job done for £74.

Let's hope for another great win.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR AWAY on 16:49 - Apr 12 with 1871 viewsFireboy2

QPR AWAY on 07:05 - Apr 11 by donnybackspin

Thanks for the great advice, I managed to get a friend's and family railcard and job done for £74.

Let's hope for another great win.

Nice one matey, glad you got it sorted, see you tomorrow then
QPR AWAY on 01:15 - Apr 13 with 1763 viewsPJackArmy

Yeah the best thing to do is use a railcard aswell as splitting it up, I have a 26-30 railcard myself and always split the London journeys up like that and always pay around £40 for a anytime return. Also the earlier you can book it the better as its cheaper
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 1:17]
QPR AWAY on 07:09 - Apr 13 with 1697 viewsFireboy2

QPR AWAY on 01:15 - Apr 13 by PJackArmy

Yeah the best thing to do is use a railcard aswell as splitting it up, I have a 26-30 railcard myself and always split the London journeys up like that and always pay around £40 for a anytime return. Also the earlier you can book it the better as its cheaper
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 1:17]

I split the journeys from euxton to london via wigan and crewe, cost me £40 return whereas if i dont split it would cost well over £80 and thats if i book it 2 months in advance, anyway we are on our way to hopefully watch us carry on our good form.

COYJB
QPR AWAY on 12:53 - Apr 13 with 1646 viewsSTID2017

QPR AWAY on 07:09 - Apr 13 by Fireboy2

I split the journeys from euxton to london via wigan and crewe, cost me £40 return whereas if i dont split it would cost well over £80 and thats if i book it 2 months in advance, anyway we are on our way to hopefully watch us carry on our good form.

COYJB

Anyone having to travel through the delightful towns of Wigan and Crewe deserves a hefty discount

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

QPR AWAY on 12:49 - Apr 14 with 1580 viewsFireboy2

QPR AWAY on 12:53 - Apr 13 by STID2017

Anyone having to travel through the delightful towns of Wigan and Crewe deserves a hefty discount

Wish i hadnt bothered now.

Only joking, i loves the swans
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024