Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This fella’ Birch. 21:44 - Apr 9 with 7183 viewsLohengrin

Surely to God after the three weeks he’s been here, after what he’s seen, he has to be reporting back to his financial masters that this isn’t a project to be written off. Investment would be the smart move.

FFS, mun!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

This fella’ Birch. on 21:50 - Apr 9 with 4748 viewsSwansNZ

seeing good saleable assets running around

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

This fella’ Birch. on 21:51 - Apr 9 with 4733 viewsjack2jack

You'd like to think so, however, have the yanks given up on us already?
Was talking about this is work today, the general feeling is, were up the creek without a paddle.
Thing is we don't know what his remit is.
Hope to god it's a positive move
This fella’ Birch. on 21:53 - Apr 9 with 4706 viewsGaryjack

Without a doubt, this squad could achieve great things next season. Unfortunately i fear he's been appointed as a sort of 'hedge fund official receiver'. It ain't gonna be good.
This fella’ Birch. on 21:54 - Apr 9 with 4690 viewsLeonWasGod

He was confirmed last week. We’ve had 3 wins and acored 9 goals since. The Missing Link
This fella’ Birch. on 21:56 - Apr 9 with 4669 viewsSwansNZ

This fella’ Birch. on 21:54 - Apr 9 by LeonWasGod

He was confirmed last week. We’ve had 3 wins and acored 9 goals since. The Missing Link

The next level, here we come!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

This fella’ Birch. on 21:56 - Apr 9 with 4660 viewsjack2jack

This fella’ Birch. on 21:53 - Apr 9 by Garyjack

Without a doubt, this squad could achieve great things next season. Unfortunately i fear he's been appointed as a sort of 'hedge fund official receiver'. It ain't gonna be good.

Based on his employment history, you could well be right.... unfortunately.
This fella’ Birch. on 21:59 - Apr 9 with 4634 viewsLeonWasGod

This is one for the archives. A Loh post I can both understand and agree with
This fella’ Birch. on 22:00 - Apr 9 with 4611 viewsDarran

He hasn’t started properly yet next week is the deadline to reply to the letter for voluntary redundancy. If nobody replies he then gets rid of people if they want to go or not.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

This fella’ Birch. on 22:15 - Apr 9 with 4472 viewsGaryjack

This fella’ Birch. on 22:00 - Apr 9 by Darran

He hasn’t started properly yet next week is the deadline to reply to the letter for voluntary redundancy. If nobody replies he then gets rid of people if they want to go or not.

In Huw we trust.
This fella’ Birch. on 22:24 - Apr 9 with 4382 viewslifelong

It would be madness, surely, to break this squad up now?
This fella’ Birch. on 22:27 - Apr 9 with 4359 viewssainthelens

Psses me off we don't get a squeak out of the yanks. Standing with their hands out for season ticket money...FFS give us some hope, otherwise, what Potts is doing is a complete waste of time.
And again, well done tonight lads, fantastic to watch.
This fella’ Birch. on 22:45 - Apr 9 with 4248 viewsjackboy1966

It's clear as day what his two options are. Sell players club struggles and value plummets even further or some small investment keep the players and go for promotion which would raise the value of the club and they easily get their money back. Fallback even being if we don't get promoted players value will surely rise under Potter
This fella’ Birch. on 22:47 - Apr 9 with 4217 viewsLuther27

Ok...here goes. We lost £3 million in the last figures when doomgloomers here were quoting a circa £30 million blackhole not including relegation. We've dumped a load off our books...our wage bill is down. I know we have to unload Ayews etc..but maybe some dull bstd will give us a fiver for them, and throw Baston in as a goodwill gesture.

So...is next season sht or bust for our squad. Do we gamble and keep the squad and enhance two or three players while we still benefit from parachute payments or........
This fella’ Birch. on 22:52 - Apr 9 with 4167 viewsLohengrin

This fella’ Birch. on 22:47 - Apr 9 by Luther27

Ok...here goes. We lost £3 million in the last figures when doomgloomers here were quoting a circa £30 million blackhole not including relegation. We've dumped a load off our books...our wage bill is down. I know we have to unload Ayews etc..but maybe some dull bstd will give us a fiver for them, and throw Baston in as a goodwill gesture.

So...is next season sht or bust for our squad. Do we gamble and keep the squad and enhance two or three players while we still benefit from parachute payments or........

We do because this is the nucleus of a group that’s going places given a fair chance, mate.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

This fella’ Birch. on 22:57 - Apr 9 with 4145 viewsKilkennyjack

This fella’ Birch. on 22:27 - Apr 9 by sainthelens

Psses me off we don't get a squeak out of the yanks. Standing with their hands out for season ticket money...FFS give us some hope, otherwise, what Potts is doing is a complete waste of time.
And again, well done tonight lads, fantastic to watch.

Totally agree.

However i do think that the offers for Dan James will be so significant that the club wont be able to hold onto the player. Whether Potter gets the money is another matter.

Dan is not the team , but he is the player with stardust.
Maybe a big 6 club will buy him and loan him back. Maybe thats our best hope.

Good luck Dan, its been a pleasure to watch you tear teams apart every week in the Championship. 50 Welsh Caps without a doubt.

Beware of the Risen People

This fella’ Birch. on 22:59 - Apr 9 with 4123 viewsjasper_T

Only started the job last Thursday.

Won't have trouble finding the cash needed at this rate. We'll get a few offers no Championship club can refuse for players in the summer. And then it'll be up to Potter to recruit wisely.
This fella’ Birch. on 23:06 - Apr 9 with 4059 viewsBrynmill_Jack

This fella’ Birch. on 22:57 - Apr 9 by Kilkennyjack

Totally agree.

However i do think that the offers for Dan James will be so significant that the club wont be able to hold onto the player. Whether Potter gets the money is another matter.

Dan is not the team , but he is the player with stardust.
Maybe a big 6 club will buy him and loan him back. Maybe thats our best hope.

Good luck Dan, its been a pleasure to watch you tear teams apart every week in the Championship. 50 Welsh Caps without a doubt.

Man City might just do that.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

This fella’ Birch. on 23:14 - Apr 9 with 4009 viewsLeonWasGod

This fella’ Birch. on 22:24 - Apr 9 by lifelong

It would be madness, surely, to break this squad up now?

You're thinking like a fan though. I imagine accountant executives have a different outlook.
This fella’ Birch. on 23:28 - Apr 9 with 3932 viewslifelong

This fella’ Birch. on 23:14 - Apr 9 by LeonWasGod

You're thinking like a fan though. I imagine accountant executives have a different outlook.

Yes, I am thinking like a fan because I am a fan, especially a fan of the exciting, free flowing football we are fortunate to be witnessing at this moment in time.
The potential of this squad, under our current manager, is excellent, should the squad be broken up there is a strong possibility that the manager would be off.
Where would we go from there is anyone’s guess.
This fella’ Birch. on 23:33 - Apr 9 with 3906 viewsLeonWasGod

This fella’ Birch. on 23:28 - Apr 9 by lifelong

Yes, I am thinking like a fan because I am a fan, especially a fan of the exciting, free flowing football we are fortunate to be witnessing at this moment in time.
The potential of this squad, under our current manager, is excellent, should the squad be broken up there is a strong possibility that the manager would be off.
Where would we go from there is anyone’s guess.

As most of us are lifey. Agree entirely, which is why I'll be thoroughly fecked off if we cash in with no thought to the impact on the team. It's not as if it won't be a first if we do. The bean counters are in charge. Some fans support them too, oddly.

Still I'm not going to worry about that yet. Maybe in the summer we won't need to sell anything that isn't nailed down...
This fella’ Birch. on 23:54 - Apr 9 with 3818 viewsBadlands

If players are determined to leave we should make sure we get the best price we can for them.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

This fella’ Birch. on 23:56 - Apr 9 with 3804 viewsjasper_T

This fella’ Birch. on 23:58 - Apr 9 with 3793 viewsParsSwans

I am going to say outright I have the feeling and optimism that this is a great appointment he has an amazing track record and is known for balanced workmanship and footballing brain not solely business. It’s surely not a coincidence he had met with Potter and already Narsingh has been involved in all match day squads since his arrival. I think Potter an he will work week in tandem he is smart and an upgrade on Huw. Get shot of all out on loan and sadly but obviously James will go hold out regardless for 20m and we can trust potter with funds to go up next season
This fella’ Birch. on 09:24 - Apr 10 with 3526 viewscostalotta

This fella’ Birch. on 22:59 - Apr 9 by jasper_T

Only started the job last Thursday.

Won't have trouble finding the cash needed at this rate. We'll get a few offers no Championship club can refuse for players in the summer. And then it'll be up to Potter to recruit wisely.

We're going to know soon enough.

Recruit wisely? That is subjective as no context supplied. Wisely to maintain the status quo? To fight off relegation? Or to push on?

Let's offload the Ayews, Baston, Narsignh etc. With the accounts as they are, reduced to no possibly debt, 40m of PP, we should be able to kick on and have a go next season.

Potter has done an amazing job this season. Let's just see if he's backed in the summer. Clearly he should be.
This fella’ Birch. on 09:44 - Apr 10 with 3461 viewsjasper_T

This fella’ Birch. on 09:24 - Apr 10 by costalotta

We're going to know soon enough.

Recruit wisely? That is subjective as no context supplied. Wisely to maintain the status quo? To fight off relegation? Or to push on?

Let's offload the Ayews, Baston, Narsignh etc. With the accounts as they are, reduced to no possibly debt, 40m of PP, we should be able to kick on and have a go next season.

Potter has done an amazing job this season. Let's just see if he's backed in the summer. Clearly he should be.

Wisely as in don't buy players that aren't as good as what we already have.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024