Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Policing tonight 00:02 - Apr 10 with 6003 viewsParsSwans

Way OTT with our current financial plight was there the need with Stoke taking only maybe between 100 and 200 fans to have multiple police armed with machine guns around the harvester and roundabout leading to the ground. Myself and a few fans around at time thought it was ridiculous unless a specific threat had been alleged etc no comebacks please regarding assets by Stoke players on us Jacks tonight like on Pitch please
Policing tonight on 20:09 - Apr 10 with 1273 viewsPacemaker

Policing tonight on 19:46 - Apr 10 by Lohengrin

You’d hope so, mate, but as I’m sat here typing this I’ve got the fate of Lee Clegg in the back of my mind. What was it they said? The first three shots were legal, the fourth wasn’t?

I think recent events and CT tactics mean that type of prosecution is unlikely. I also have no doubt the normal apologists would try something.

If you compare recent events with vehicles, body worn IED’s , kitchen knives then it is not the normal battlefield scenario and as seen in Borough Market the police response was immediate and very direct, no discussion no demands just stopped.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Policing tonight on 20:15 - Apr 10 with 1269 viewsPacemaker

Policing tonight on 20:01 - Apr 10 by Badlands

They assess and follow their training. A car coming a crowd is more likely to be driven by an old motorist having a heart attack than a terrorist.

Tactical commend isn't 'normal radio traffic' - officers are in permanent contact with command.

The Westminster attack took time to reach officers, even to the point that Masood was able to drive the vehicle to a halt, get out and attack unarmed, 'PC Palmer, 48 who, '... challenged him but was forced backwards and stabbed. Masood was shot by plain-clothed armed officers and later died.' The vehicle was not shot at and Masood was pretty much isolated when shot.

Borough market - Armed police arrive 14 minutes after the tragic events started to unfold and would have been briefed and given the go ahed to engage the terrorists. Even then warning were given.

I think you are spending too much time playing games or ignoring facts for fantasy.

Police do not act as you described.

Ok mate whatever, if you think there are commanders on comms 24h/7 you are living in cloud cuckoo land. Liberty stadium has a commander dealing with every thing in and around the stadium.

There is a massive difference between a medical episode and a terrorist attack by vehicle.

I will bow to your vast CT experience learned from your mate.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Policing tonight on 20:30 - Apr 10 with 1245 viewsLohengrin

Policing tonight on 20:09 - Apr 10 by Pacemaker

I think recent events and CT tactics mean that type of prosecution is unlikely. I also have no doubt the normal apologists would try something.

If you compare recent events with vehicles, body worn IED’s , kitchen knives then it is not the normal battlefield scenario and as seen in Borough Market the police response was immediate and very direct, no discussion no demands just stopped.

Exactly as it ought to be, mate.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Policing tonight on 21:32 - Apr 13 with 1071 viewsmajorraglan

Armed officers have shot at a car in London today after in incident at the Ukrainian embassy. The officers would have self authorised as it’s the only way they can deal with a dynamic situation like that. No time to seek authority from anyone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47921885
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024