Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter Ultimatum? 15:15 - Apr 10 with 7123 viewswestwalesed

Should Potter issue an ultimatum to the board?

I know he does not seem ike the type in the slightest - very mild mannered and level headed which is especially excellent when dealing with young players who will infuriate with inconsistency.

However, I would absolutely love it if he approached the ownership and stated that with the current crop of players plus one striker, one centre half and perhaps cover at full back, he thinks we have got a really good shot at promotion next season. He would calmly ask them to back him for one season. Go for it. If he doesn't make it, then fire sell if they have to - but hold it together for one year and he could get them back into the Premier League where they will make their $$$$ back in a few months.

If on the other hand, they fire sell at the end of this season, then he walks.

And I for one wouldn't blame him in the slightest!

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Potter Ultimatum? on 15:36 - Apr 10 with 4092 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Birch is no fool, I’m pretty sure he’s already clocked this and will put it to the owners.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Potter Ultimatum? on 16:10 - Apr 10 with 4032 viewsjack247

Potter Ultimatum? on 15:36 - Apr 10 by Brynmill_Jack

Birch is no fool, I’m pretty sure he’s already clocked this and will put it to the owners.

Tend to agree. If we’re going to have any chance of keeping the bulk of this squad together and having a good go at it next season, Birch will be the man to facilitate it.

Gut feeling is that he’s been appointed to slash costs, regardless of impact on the team and that’s what he’ll do, but he’s the only one with any chance of convincing the owners to give it a season.
Potter Ultimatum? on 16:17 - Apr 10 with 4015 viewsjasper_T

Why do our fans keep wanting him to throw his toys out of the pram and leave? Been the same story all season.

Craving drama.
Potter Ultimatum? on 16:27 - Apr 10 with 3987 viewsthornabyswan

Potter Ultimatum? on 16:17 - Apr 10 by jasper_T

Why do our fans keep wanting him to throw his toys out of the pram and leave? Been the same story all season.

Craving drama.

It's because our fans don't trust the ownership.
Hopefully we will build a team that can challenge within the financial constraints.
It's not in their interest to cut back to far as their return on the sale will be hit as well.

Birch was their last night surely the Yanks can't fail to be impressed by our last 3 performances.
My gut feeling is they will give us a chance to succeed whilst reasonably cutting back.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Potter Ultimatum? on 16:35 - Apr 10 with 3970 viewsjack247

Craving drama.

It’s because some of our fans don’t want the squad ripped apart this summer.

No one wants Potter to throw his toys out of the pram for the sake of it. It’s not the action they want, it’s the result they hope it will bring.

I don’t agree BTW. Simply because I don’t think the majority owners will take any notice.
Potter Ultimatum? on 16:38 - Apr 10 with 3964 viewsmagicdaps10

Craving drama.

Maybe they can see the foundation of a team capable of getting us promoted, in reality they realise will be sold to bulge the pockets of the yanks and their merry band of investors(investors in buying the club that is).

I like most, fear the inevitable and "the what if" scenario is certainly one that will arise with this lot bleeding the club dry.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Potter Ultimatum? on 16:39 - Apr 10 with 3959 viewswestwalesed

Craving drama.

Where did I say I wanted him to leave? I stated that I wouldn't blame him in the slightest. Which I wouldn't.

If I were GP it's a calculated risk to approach the ownership in the manner I described. If he says/does nothing then the high likelihood is that the squad will be gutted this summer anyway. At least this way he makes his case.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Potter Ultimatum? on 16:49 - Apr 10 with 3934 viewsmagicdaps10

Potter Ultimatum? on 16:39 - Apr 10 by westwalesed

Where did I say I wanted him to leave? I stated that I wouldn't blame him in the slightest. Which I wouldn't.

If I were GP it's a calculated risk to approach the ownership in the manner I described. If he says/does nothing then the high likelihood is that the squad will be gutted this summer anyway. At least this way he makes his case.

I think Potter deserves his chance to go and asked to be backed this summer.

If the board do their job correctly and offload the Ayews and Baston coupled with the wage decrease in losing Fer, Bony and Routledge......surely we are in a solid financial footing!!!!!?!!!!!

40m black hole is filled there with transfer fee's and wages.

Login to get fewer ads

Potter Ultimatum? on 17:33 - Apr 10 with 3854 viewsKGriz16

How many interviews does our manager have to give saying he moved his family here and he's aware of the challenges. f*cking boring brainless posters have ruined this board. everything is a conspiracy theory, boring.
Potter Ultimatum? on 17:40 - Apr 10 with 3839 viewsjasper_T

Potter Ultimatum? on 17:33 - Apr 10 by KGriz16

How many interviews does our manager have to give saying he moved his family here and he's aware of the challenges. f*cking boring brainless posters have ruined this board. everything is a conspiracy theory, boring.

Nah mate Potter is a liar and a yes man and don't anyone dare criticise the job he's doing but he doesn't pick the team etc.
Potter Ultimatum? on 21:45 - Apr 10 with 3684 viewsBadlands

He spent 8 years in Sweden with virtually no money of players, he built he club up in a truly community project and make a little history.
Apart from his success the reason he was headhunted was his proven ability to work with a very small budget.
It would be completely out of character and against what he kew he was coming into to start throwing ultimatums at the board.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Potter Ultimatum? on 21:46 - Apr 10 with 3679 viewsBrynmill_Jack

On the other hand, could make out to be one hell of a film

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Potter Ultimatum? on 22:04 - Apr 10 with 3608 viewsOldjack

Potter Ultimatum? on 17:33 - Apr 10 by KGriz16

Do you Trust the Yanks ? it'll be a crying shame if this team gets ripped apart this summer ,but it's a high possibility ,it's also a good possibility that Potter gets poached for the obvious reasons. The Yanks need to start making a few positive statements about next season if they want to get the fans onboard

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Potter Ultimatum? on 22:09 - Apr 10 with 3589 viewsThrasher6

Norwich were exactly like us last season......and look what happened this season. The championship is there for the taking....with not a lot in monetary terms.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Potter Ultimatum? on 07:05 - Apr 11 with 3383 viewsDr_Winston

If we can clear the decks of high earners and reduce the deficit to basically zero (there still remains no evidence to suggest that income/savings from players leaving is going anywhere other than to keep the club solvent) then there's every chance Potter will be able to add some more of his own players to the mix. We can hope that Birch is a better negotiator than Jenkins.

If we can't then Potter will keep having to make do. I'd rather be certain we still have a club to support in 10 years time than make the same mistake plenty of other clubs have in recent years and chuck money into a gamble for promotion.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Potter Ultimatum? on 07:43 - Apr 11 with 3347 viewsmagicdaps10

Potter Ultimatum? on 07:05 - Apr 11 by Dr_Winston

If we can clear the decks of high earners and reduce the deficit to basically zero (there still remains no evidence to suggest that income/savings from players leaving is going anywhere other than to keep the club solvent) then there's every chance Potter will be able to add some more of his own players to the mix. We can hope that Birch is a better negotiator than Jenkins.

If we can't then Potter will keep having to make do. I'd rather be certain we still have a club to support in 10 years time than make the same mistake plenty of other clubs have in recent years and chuck money into a gamble for promotion.

2 x Ayews, Baston......fee/wages, wages alone for a year are a combined 7M, throw in transfer fees, that couls arguably with wages be worth 25M alone.
Olsson, Fer, Narsingh, Routledge, Bony wages. Those wages combined are easily 5M.

That is 30M estimated straight off the bat.

Potter Ultimatum? on 08:38 - Apr 11 with 3295 viewsDr_Winston

Potter Ultimatum? on 07:43 - Apr 11 by magicdaps10

2 x Ayews, Baston......fee/wages, wages alone for a year are a combined 7M, throw in transfer fees, that couls arguably with wages be worth 25M alone.
Olsson, Fer, Narsingh, Routledge, Bony wages. Those wages combined are easily 5M.

Key word there being "estimated".

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Potter Ultimatum? on 09:11 - Apr 11 with 3249 viewsoldcob

Potter Ultimatum? on 08:38 - Apr 11 by Dr_Winston

For estimated read guessed.
Potter Ultimatum? on 09:53 - Apr 11 with 3222 viewsjacktheripper

I thought Bony alone was on 120k a week with Man City paying 40k of that.
Potter Ultimatum? on 09:59 - Apr 11 with 3215 viewsDr_Winston

Potter Ultimatum? on 09:11 - Apr 11 by oldcob

For estimated read guessed.

Indeed.

Potter Ultimatum? on 10:32 - Apr 11 with 3174 viewsmagicdaps10

Potter Ultimatum? on 08:38 - Apr 11 by Dr_Winston

Correct in many ways when taken at face value but when the estimated figure given is at the lower reaches of the estimation!!

Personally, I believe the figure achieved can be higher, I have worked at the lower figure to cover any downfalls or in the most likely case, people not doing the job to the best possible outcome.

Potter Ultimatum? on 10:37 - Apr 11 with 3161 viewsHighjack

Who in their right mind is going to offer a transfer fee when they can get a loan with us paying a portion of the wages? Unless Huw Jenkins gets a position at another club we are f*cked.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Potter Ultimatum? on 10:39 - Apr 11 with 3160 viewsKGriz16

Potter Ultimatum? on 22:04 - Apr 10 by Oldjack

Do you Trust the Yanks ? it'll be a crying shame if this team gets ripped apart this summer ,but it's a high possibility ,it's also a good possibility that Potter gets poached for the obvious reasons. The Yanks need to start making a few positive statements about next season if they want to get the fans onboard

Boring response. Full of conspiracies like most of this forums posters these days.

Graham Potter isn't going anywhere, he's not going to issue an ultimatum to the board. F*cking grow up.
Potter Ultimatum? on 10:43 - Apr 11 with 3155 viewstheloneranger

Andre Ayew contracted until June 2021

Jordan Ayew contracted until June 2020

Borja Baston contracted until June 2020

None of the above players are pulling up trees out on loan, and I can't see any team parting with a transfer fee, when they can pick them up on loan and only pay a part wage ... While the 3 players earn their full wage and meander to the end of their contracts and then earn a signing on fee when they sign on a free with their new teams.

In Huw We Trust.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Potter Ultimatum? on 12:02 - Apr 11 with 3096 viewsBadlands

Ayew, Ayew and Borja.

Can we afford to sell them at a price that will cover a severance payment and just write of their transfer fees?

I think Dyer and Rutledge could accept a big wag cut, if it were to be near the salary hey could get elsewhere it makes them affordable.

Mike Van der Hoorn deserves a pay rise as do several youngsters.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024