Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tommy Smith 18:49 - Apr 12 with 6791 viewsDr_Winston

Dead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47913937

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tommy Smith on 07:50 - Apr 13 with 1877 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tommy Smith on 07:13 - Apr 13 by Glastonbury

What ? Troy Deaney an equivalent of Tommy Smith . Ur right u r struggling to think of a modern day equivalent. Troy F`in Deaney U plonker Rodney

I don’t think there is one. The mould was smashed after he was made. Probably by him lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tommy Smith on 08:13 - Apr 13 with 1858 viewsAnotherJohn

Tommy Smith was a big part of our first fairy tale ascent to the top against all the odds. I never thought I'd see it a second time, but that too came to pass, and now we hope it can happen again. On reflection though, that first promotion into the uncharted territory of the First Division was the most special of all. Will we ever see the Swans top of the EPL at Christmas? Tommy will be fondly remembered here. RIP.
Tommy Smith on 09:30 - Apr 13 with 1793 viewsvetchonian

I always renember him subbing Tosh when he gad beckme part of Tosh's backroom staff.....Tosh was nit a happy kuppy

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Tommy Smith on 09:40 - Apr 13 with 1779 viewsswan65split

Pointless repeating whats already been said. RESPECT..... YJB

R.I.P.
Tommy Smith on 09:56 - Apr 13 with 1774 views34dfgdf54

Tommy Smith on 20:54 - Apr 12 by marchamjack

Attitudes were different obviously back in those days and I know from speaking to some past players from that time that Tommy viewed the likes of Ardiles and Villa as foreigners coming to take British players jobs. He made it plain that Ardiles wasn’t welcome and that he was going to go out of his way to make sure the red carpet wasn’t rolled out for them.

Ardiles was the first to get Tommy’s special welcome 😀

RIP

Never had the privilege of watching him play, but from what I’ve seen and read he never wanted to come to Swansea, and only travelled down here for games while still training at Liverpool. Also was never fond of black people.

Edit - not trying to knock a guy whose sadly passed away, just think sometimes “legend” etc is over used.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 9:59]
Tommy Smith on 11:15 - Apr 13 with 1748 viewsDarran

Sad news though he wouldn’t be able to play in this poncey era.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tommy Smith on 11:15 - Apr 13 with 1747 viewsDarran

I never knew he used to own The Cavern either.

Tommy Smith on 11:54 - Apr 13 with 1724 viewsLord_Bony

One of the hardest men to have played for Swansea Along with the likes of Ferre Bodde,Kevin Austin etc

That chest high tackle on Ossie was something else

Jack Charlton, who faced him during his playing days, said: "Tommy Smith was easily the hardest player I faced. I ran into him once and he knocked every ounce of breath out of me. I tried to get up and look like he hadn't hurt me, but he had."

A long illustrious career rest in peace big man

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Tommy Smith on 12:02 - Apr 13 with 1713 viewsmarchamjack

Tommy Smith on 09:56 - Apr 13 by 34dfgdf54

Never had the privilege of watching him play, but from what I’ve seen and read he never wanted to come to Swansea, and only travelled down here for games while still training at Liverpool. Also was never fond of black people.

Edit - not trying to knock a guy whose sadly passed away, just think sometimes “legend” etc is over used.

Let’s be honest, he’s not a Swans legend, as legendary as that Ardiles assault was (I was on the NB that might), but in his day he was a very good player of his type in a very good Liverpool team.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Tommy Smith on 13:34 - Apr 13 with 1681 viewsDarran

Sounds like a top Scoucer.

Tommy Smith on 13:53 - Apr 13 with 1671 viewskarnataka

A genuine hard man, wonder how he'd get on in today's more "powder puff" environment.

Gave us some memories though. He'll probably still be frightening a few, wherever he's gone. RIP.

(Jeez, I find it scary when a legend only 7 years older than me dies.)
Tommy Smith on 17:59 - Apr 13 with 1619 viewsGlastonbury

Tommy Smith on 09:56 - Apr 13 by 34dfgdf54

Please only speak as you find and not what you may have or may not have heard .
Tommy Smith on 18:19 - Apr 13 with 1609 viewstheloneranger

Nobody ever saw Tommy Smith and Kenny Ball in the same room

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Tommy Smith on 20:49 - Apr 13 with 1575 viewsDarran

lol

Tommy Smith on 21:19 - Apr 13 with 1546 viewsDewi1jack

Still remember the tackle on tottingham's Ossie as a 'hello and welcome to Britain'

Real hard case but a lovely lad to talk to.
RIP big man

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Tommy Smith on 18:15 - Apr 14 with 1459 viewsDarran

More,this is interesting.

Tommy Smith on 18:46 - Apr 14 with 1408 viewstheloneranger

Tommy Smith on 11:15 - Apr 13 by Darran

I never knew he used to own The Cavern either.

Besides owning The Cavern, he also owned a few pubs ... The Castle Court and the Castle Gate.

He made sure the players drank in his pubs after their matches. 😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024