Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Down 19:04 - Apr 12 with 14115 viewsstevethejack

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47818157
Down on 17:41 - Apr 13 with 2014 viewsmonmouth

Down on 15:29 - Apr 13 by The_undecided

Was having a debate last week about this, Cardiff fan to be fair really decent guy as backed the swans when they were up, basically wants the best for Welsh football and some presence in the top tier, preferably for him Cardiff. He thinks after the Cheslea game they are down, but where we don't agree his view that if Cardiff go down and then back up end of next season that their premier league achievements are up there with the Swans, although we had several seasons in the top tier he feels that Cardiff getting up there more often and over the next decade having more chance of repeating the feat will surpass the Swans achievement, he was making his case on how hard the championship can be to get out of and the bigger clubs that have struggled, surely they would need to at least match our several years in the top flight, but then 10 years time we are still championship or even league 1 and they have spent a season or 2 in the premier league I guess the only thing they have is their number if promotions.

They are not and have never been a premier league team as you have to stay there not just get there. Just getting promoted and getting f*ck all points makes you just another spawny championship Pile of Shit. Even Hudds did it - they are more of a premier team than the Pile of Shit. We did it for seven seasons, won a cup and won at Valencia. No competition.

They are a Pile of Shit though aren't they? We know what your 'friend' thinks. What do you think?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Down on 17:47 - Apr 13 with 1993 viewsbluey_the_blue

Down on 17:40 - Apr 13 by lifelong

You have got some fight about you Bluey but, I watched your game today and you simply are not good enough. It’s amazing how you still have a slim chance to stay up.

We lack a striker, it's as simple as that. Zohore has the ability and physique but that light bulb hasn't gone off in his head. Niasse works hard, we look a better side going forward with him but has the finishing ability of a sloth.

The slim chance is that every year you get a side that slumps and right now, that's Brighton. As least we try to give it a go.
Down on 17:49 - Apr 13 with 1990 viewsBLAZE

Down on 17:41 - Apr 13 by monmouth

They are not and have never been a premier league team as you have to stay there not just get there. Just getting promoted and getting f*ck all points makes you just another spawny championship Pile of Shit. Even Hudds did it - they are more of a premier team than the Pile of Shit. We did it for seven seasons, won a cup and won at Valencia. No competition.

They are a Pile of Shit though aren't they? We know what your 'friend' thinks. What do you think?

He’s undecided mun
Down on 17:55 - Apr 13 with 1974 viewswestwalesed

I wouldn’t say it’s a certainty. They’re next game is against Brighton and that is huuuuuuge.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Down on 18:01 - Apr 13 with 1956 viewsbluey_the_blue

Down on 17:55 - Apr 13 by westwalesed

I wouldn’t say it’s a certainty. They’re next game is against Brighton and that is huuuuuuge.

Lose that, we're down.

Win that, I'd say Brighton will be down.
Down on 18:02 - Apr 13 with 1950 viewsBluebird

Down on 17:41 - Apr 13 by monmouth

Spawny championship Pile of Shit sounds like you at the moment and i am confident your not far from being in sh it street.
Down on 18:09 - Apr 13 with 1923 viewsKilkennyjack

I saw Colin in a lift the other day ...

‘Going down Colin ?’ I said ...

‘Sure looks like ...’ said Colin ...

😂👍 feck em !

Beware of the Risen People

Down on 18:11 - Apr 13 with 1913 viewslonglostjack

Down on 18:02 - Apr 13 by Bluebird

Spawny championship Pile of Shit sounds like you at the moment and i am confident your not far from being in sh it street.

Cardiff a disgrace to the Premier League and a complete bloody embarrassment for Wales. Not a football city. End of.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Down on 18:11 - Apr 13 with 1912 viewsploppy

Down on 18:02 - Apr 13 by Bluebird

Nice comeback. Except there's been nothing spawny about our recent home form, or the 3 away games prior to that (although we lost them).
Down on 18:23 - Apr 13 with 1878 viewsJack123

I think this season for the scum, has been worse than their first season in the premier, basically whipping boys all day long. I fancy Burnley to go down next year they are shi* as well.

libera nos a malo

Down on 18:25 - Apr 13 with 1869 viewsbluey_the_blue

Down on 18:23 - Apr 13 by Jack123

I think this season for the scum, has been worse than their first season in the premier, basically whipping boys all day long. I fancy Burnley to go down next year they are shi* as well.

Eh? We've done better this time than last time...

Recruitment has been better for one thing.
Down on 18:42 - Apr 13 with 1837 viewsGaryjack

Down on 18:25 - Apr 13 by bluey_the_blue

Surely you have another three points to get before you can say you bettered last times pathetic attempt?
Down on 18:42 - Apr 13 with 1837 viewsJack123

Down on 18:25 - Apr 13 by bluey_the_blue

If you remove those tinted glasses, you would realise how bad you have been, too be honest same as the rest of the below halfway table mark.. Sky expect people to pay for this shi8 as well. lol

libera nos a malo

Down on 18:50 - Apr 13 with 1824 viewsbluey_the_blue

Down on 18:42 - Apr 13 by Garyjack

Surely you have another three points to get before you can say you bettered last times pathetic attempt?

Well we won't finish bottom so have done better than last time.
Down on 19:09 - Apr 13 with 1801 viewsGaryjack

Down on 18:50 - Apr 13 by bluey_the_blue

You must feel very proud.
Down on 19:39 - Apr 13 with 1764 viewslonglostjack

Down on 18:50 - Apr 13 by bluey_the_blue

Fair play I like that humour. You’re OK for being a Tory and a scummer Bluey. 😉

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Down on 19:58 - Apr 13 with 1739 viewsmajorraglan

Down on 17:28 - Apr 13 by bluey_the_blue

Also the other penalty not being given.

Ah well, just makes the Brighton game key. At least we have a bit of fight about us.

EDIT: 5 point gap but goal difference means we need to get that extra point, so say 6 points.

Obviously we play them next; win and it's a two point gap, lose and at 8 points I cant see us getting 9.

Remaining fixtures after we play them :-

Brighton

Sat, 20th April (3pm) - Wolves v BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION
Tues, 23rd April (7.45pm) - Tottenham Hotspur v BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION
Sat, 27th April (5.30pm) - BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION v Newcastle United
Sat, 4th May (3pm) - Arsenal v BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION
Sun, 12th May (3pm) - BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION v Manchester City

Wolves are either great or meh. Nothing to play for on their side but if Brighton do lose to use, their confidence will have to be incredibly low. The remaining games only Newcastle is winnable and that would be a stretch.

It wouldn't be impossible for them to lose every game from now on.

Us?

Sun, 21st April (4pm) - CARDIFF CITY v Liverpool
Sat, 27th April (3pm) - Fulham v CARDIFF CITY
Sat, 4th May (5.30pm) - CARDIFF CITY v Crystal Palace
Sun, 12th May (3pm) - Manchester United v CARDIFF CITY

Well, we'll win vs Liverpool as I'm going to be on holiday plus the game was moved from my birthday so me jinxing things goes out the window.

Fulham is definitely winnable. Palace we could get a point out of.

It could well be 6-7 points could be enough, obviously the depends upon us beating Brighton. No margin left at all.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 17:44]

On paper it may be possible that Cardiff will stay up, but they’re going down.
To be fair to Warnock and his team they have done better than I thought they would but they weren’t good enough and some poor decision making didn’t help their cause.

The season in the PL and the parachute payments should have enabled VT to save some cash and offset it against their debts and possibly safeguard their future. I have no idea if Cardiff will carry on with Warnock and have another bash at going up, if they do I think they will be strong contenders for promotion.
Down on 20:09 - Apr 13 with 1724 viewsGaryjack

Down on 19:58 - Apr 13 by majorraglan

To be fair to Warnock and his team they have done better than I thought they would but they weren’t good enough and some poor decision making didn’t help their cause.

The season in the PL and the parachute payments should have enabled VT to save some cash and offset it against their debts and possibly safeguard their future. I have no idea if Cardiff will carry on with Warnock and have another bash at going up, if they do I think they will be strong contenders for promotion.

Tan offered them a £100m investment if they agreed to a colour change to red. They took it then turned on him when they were relegated. He's obviously an honourable man, and expected the same, He didn't get that, and whilst i don't think he will take out his revenge on CCFC and leave them in the shite, he will want some if not all of his money back, so don't expect great things from them next season.
Down on 20:26 - Apr 13 with 1679 viewsploppy

Down on 19:58 - Apr 13 by majorraglan

The other thing that's not in their favour is goal difference. Sure, it they beat Brighton they're only two points behind them. But effectively, because of goal difference it's 3 points. And Brighton have a game in hand.

It's the blind faith of the optimistic supporter, I suppose - I presume we were the same last year. They talk about needing to win 3 of their last 5, when in reality a team in their position is there because, over the course of the season, they haven't been able to win 3 in 5. So why would it change now?

It was also interesting to look at the predictions on their forum for today's game. Over 60% predicted a Cardiff win. In reality, I bet most neutral pundits would have predicted a Burnley win, or possibly a draw. Again, it's just blind faith.

Anyway, we have our own issues to worry about.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 20:26]
Down on 20:37 - Apr 13 with 1647 viewsNeathJack

Looking at the remaining fixtures, if they beat Brighton on Tuesday I'd make them heavy favourites to stay up.

Brighton lost 0-5 at home to B'muff today.
Down on 20:40 - Apr 13 with 1640 viewsGaryjack

Down on 20:26 - Apr 13 by ploppy

The other thing that's not in their favour is goal difference. Sure, it they beat Brighton they're only two points behind them. But effectively, because of goal difference it's 3 points. And Brighton have a game in hand.

It's the blind faith of the optimistic supporter, I suppose - I presume we were the same last year. They talk about needing to win 3 of their last 5, when in reality a team in their position is there because, over the course of the season, they haven't been able to win 3 in 5. So why would it change now?

It was also interesting to look at the predictions on their forum for today's game. Over 60% predicted a Cardiff win. In reality, I bet most neutral pundits would have predicted a Burnley win, or possibly a draw. Again, it's just blind faith.

Anyway, we have our own issues to worry about.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 20:26]

Good post, but i'd prefer to have taken the pundits results last season in our last nine games, as if they'd been right then we would have stayed up!
Down on 20:44 - Apr 13 with 1630 viewsplasjack

Down on 20:37 - Apr 13 by NeathJack

Looking at the remaining fixtures, if they beat Brighton on Tuesday I'd make them heavy favourites to stay up.

Keep the faith?.
Down on 22:25 - Apr 13 with 1556 viewsBluebird

Down on 19:09 - Apr 13 by Garyjack

You must feel very proud.

Genuine question. How do you see next season going for yourselves?
Down on 09:05 - Apr 14 with 1423 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Down on 22:25 - Apr 13 by Bluebird

Genuine question. How do you see next season going for yourselves?

We’ll tell you when the summer transfer window closes. None of us are mystic meg . Genuine answer.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Down on 09:24 - Apr 14 with 1402 viewsMrSwerve

Down on 20:37 - Apr 13 by NeathJack

Goal difference usually tells a story, and the current bottom 3 have by far the worst.

Massive game on Tuesday.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024