Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aberavon beach 12:10 - Apr 14 with 6530 viewsCountyJim

My Wife and myself been taking the dog for walks on the beach now every fortnight for months got to say what a lovely beach and only 40/45 minutes in car for the dog

It knocks spots off Barry and Portcawl would love to take the dog to Gower but its a bit to far for him in car

Anyway took a bag yesterday and picked up a bag full of plastic from the beach I feel like I have done a good deed for the seas I would encourage others to do the same

I havent bumped into Darran yet
Aberavon beach on 22:50 - Apr 14 with 2072 viewsDarran

Aberavon beach on 22:42 - Apr 14 by taffpunk

I know I'll have a bit of sense off you, is Aberavon a completely separate place from Port Talbot? Do people who live say in Sandfields consider themselves from Aberavon or PT?

Well Aberavon is in Port Talbot Sandfields is a different place to Aberavon.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Aberavon beach on 22:50 - Apr 14 with 2070 viewsDarran

Aberavon beach on 22:48 - Apr 14 by Banosswan

Baglan, not sandfields. Bet you went to Glanafan too.

Yes I did. Problem?

Aberavon beach on 22:51 - Apr 14 with 2077 viewstaffpunk

Aberavon beach on 22:50 - Apr 14 by Darran

Well Aberavon is in Port Talbot Sandfields is a different place to Aberavon.

Confused me more now mun.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Aberavon beach on 22:53 - Apr 14 with 2071 viewsjack2jack

Went for a stroll in Aberafon a couple of weeks ago, stopped off in Remos for a coffee, very pleasant.
Wish they'd get rid of all the speed cushions though,pain in the arse.😁
Aberavon beach on 22:55 - Apr 14 with 2046 viewsDarran

Aberavon beach on 22:51 - Apr 14 by taffpunk

Confused me more now mun.

Do you know where the road Afan Way is aka the mini motorway?
Basically Aberavon is the town side and Sandfields is the other side.

Aberavon beach on 23:03 - Apr 14 with 2038 viewsPacemaker

Aberavon beach on 22:42 - Apr 14 by taffpunk

I know I'll have a bit of sense off you, is Aberavon a completely separate place from Port Talbot? Do people who live say in Sandfields consider themselves from Aberavon or PT?

People from the upper Rhondda regularly travelled through Blaencwm tunnel to Aberavon Beach. Sand fields is a 1950’s estate built to allow workers at BP Baglan Bay and BSC Port Talbot to live locally. Prior to this Aberavon was the main town and sand fields was the area between Aberavon and Baglan with virtually no housing.

Aberavon residents and Sandfields residents are never to be confused they will never claim to be from a different area.

I won’t confuse you with old Aberavon, White City and Town!
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 23:03]

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Aberavon beach on 23:10 - Apr 14 with 2015 viewsBanosswan

Aberavon beach on 22:50 - Apr 14 by Darran

Yes I did. Problem?

Not really, I went to cwmtawe

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Aberavon beach on 23:13 - Apr 14 with 2001 viewsDarran

Aberavon beach on 23:03 - Apr 14 by Pacemaker

People from the upper Rhondda regularly travelled through Blaencwm tunnel to Aberavon Beach. Sand fields is a 1950’s estate built to allow workers at BP Baglan Bay and BSC Port Talbot to live locally. Prior to this Aberavon was the main town and sand fields was the area between Aberavon and Baglan with virtually no housing.

Aberavon residents and Sandfields residents are never to be confused they will never claim to be from a different area.

Or Fairfield.

Login to get fewer ads

Aberavon beach on 00:16 - Apr 15 with 1968 viewsBanosswan

However, the self proclaimed sheriff of baglan is just that. From the posh part up the hill.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

Aberavon beach on 06:23 - Apr 15 with 1922 viewsLord_Bony

Aberavon beach on 15:49 - Apr 14 by Lohengrin

Oh! Hell! Hands down, mun. Not even Waikiki has a vista like Aberavon.

Yeah looks apocalyptic there.

But on a hot sunny day it's one of the best in Wales Nice eateries and good cycling.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Aberavon beach on 10:00 - Apr 15 with 1861 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Aberavon beach on 17:37 - Apr 14 by Darran

I’m from Port Talbot you fool.

Exactly. Stay over the other side of the ferry bridge

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Aberavon beach on 10:25 - Apr 15 with 1851 views1983

Well Done CJ on the rubbish picking, something we do when we walk the dogs gives you a sense of well being

Aberavon beach on 10:36 - Apr 15 with 1832 viewsCountyJim

Aberavon beach on 10:25 - Apr 15 by 1983

Well Done CJ on the rubbish picking, something we do when we walk the dogs gives you a sense of well being

Cheers we walked one end to the other and the bag was full of plastic its not good I suspect most beaches are the same
Aberavon beach on 10:44 - Apr 15 with 1825 viewsNeath_Jack

Aberavon beach on 23:13 - Apr 14 by Darran

Or Fairfield.

Or The Little Warren.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Aberavon beach on 11:04 - Apr 15 with 1815 views1983

Aberavon beach on 10:36 - Apr 15 by CountyJim

Cheers we walked one end to the other and the bag was full of plastic its not good I suspect most beaches are the same

One of the worst places we've seen for dumping cr@p into the sea was at Halong Bay in Vietnam the people who live on the pontoons literally just empty their bins into the sea...very sad
[Post edited 15 Apr 2019 11:04]

Aberavon beach on 18:49 - Apr 15 with 1698 viewstaffpunk

Aberavon beach on 23:03 - Apr 14 by Pacemaker

Interesting stuff, thanks, definitely did it a few times with my grandparents from Cwmparc. When I tell people I live in Pentre, and they say 'Oh Ton Pentre', I often go off on one!

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Aberavon beach on 19:02 - Apr 15 with 1695 viewsDarran

Aberavon beach on 18:49 - Apr 15 by taffpunk

Interesting stuff, thanks, definitely did it a few times with my grandparents from Cwmparc. When I tell people I live in Pentre, and they say 'Oh Ton Pentre', I often go off on one!

Before BP was built Billy Butlin looked at the site to build a holiday camp.

Aberavon beach on 19:57 - Apr 15 with 1667 viewsPacemaker

Aberavon beach on 18:49 - Apr 15 by taffpunk

It will be interesting to see what happens of the Rhondda tunnel group get it open and used as a cycle/ walking track linking the Afan and Rhondda again.

If RCT can get their cycle paths sorted down to Pontypridd to link with the Taff trail you could a fantastic tourist attraction for very little money and bringing badly needed money into the Rhondda and Afan.

Aberavon beach on 21:47 - Apr 15 with 1630 viewsBanosswan

Aberavon beach on 19:57 - Apr 15 by Pacemaker

It will be interesting to see what happens of the Rhondda tunnel group get it open and used as a cycle/ walking track linking the Afan and Rhondda again.

If RCT can get their cycle paths sorted down to Pontypridd to link with the Taff trail you could a fantastic tourist attraction for very little money and bringing badly needed money into the Rhondda and Afan.

That would be awesome. Is it still on?

Aberavon beach on 22:14 - Apr 15 with 1608 viewsPacemaker

Aberavon beach on 21:47 - Apr 15 by Banosswan

That would be awesome. Is it still on?

It seems to be ongoing as a charitable group raising money and applying for grants http://www.rhonddatunnelsociety.co.uk

The local councils are concerned because of ongoing maintenance it was the 2nd longest tunnel after the Severn tunnel in the UK, the UK govt actually own it and are happy to hand it over as long as all liability and maintenance is also taken over by the society and or local authorities.

Aberavon beach on 18:31 - Apr 16 with 1495 viewstaffpunk

Aberavon beach on 19:57 - Apr 15 by Pacemaker

Did you know that the re-furbished Cardiff Arms in Treorchy will also soon be a Bed And Breakfast, with between 10 and 12 rooms available. The pefect place to stay, if and hopefully when the Tunnel gets the go-ahead.

Aberavon beach on 21:20 - Apr 16 with 1437 viewsjack_lord

Aberavon beach on 23:10 - Apr 14 by Banosswan

Not really, I went to cwmtawe

The best people went to Cwmtawe

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Aberavon beach on 21:38 - Apr 16 with 1430 viewsBanosswan

Aberavon beach on 21:20 - Apr 16 by jack_lord

The best people went to Cwmtawe

Best rugby player of all time did.

Aberavon beach on 21:43 - Apr 16 with 1423 viewsmajorraglan

Aberavon beach on 21:38 - Apr 16 by Banosswan

Best rugby player of all time did.

Who is that.
Aberavon beach on 21:46 - Apr 16 with 1417 viewsBanosswan

Aberavon beach on 21:43 - Apr 16 by majorraglan

Who is that.

Me. Or a certain scrum half

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024