Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods or Matt Grimes? 18:26 - Apr 15 with 6401 viewsjackrmee

Nice article here.
If Woods had arrived, we'd have lost £7mil and possibly Matt Grimes, as he most definitely would have started off the season at left back and we wouldn't have seen his best football.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/what-earth-happened-r

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Ryan Woods or Matt Grimes? on 19:48 - Apr 18 with 952 viewskrunchykarrot

Ryan Woods or Matt Grimes? on 19:07 - Apr 18 by jasper_T

Benda in goal. I'd have said Garrick deserves a few spells off the bench but he keeps getting injured.

No one in this u23s campaign has really put a hand up and demanded first team consideration. Most of those in the running haven't been playing much so they can stay with the first team training/travelling setup. There's no one in form and match sharp raring to go like DJ was last season when I was saying Carvalhal should stick him on instead of Routledge when we were behind in games and had nothing to lose.

Personally I don't think we need a thug at all. Fans like to see some blood and thunder on the pitch but it doesn't solve half the problems it might appear to. Good technical players who understand their jobs have always served us well, battling and physicality should always be secondary considerations: a bonus but not something you actively search out. Leaders can emerge over time.

Just watched GP interview not sure he will play Benda with our defensive capabilities. Jasper every team needs a hardman i dont necessary mean a thug. Someone like Robbie James or Ferre Bodde who could play and also look after teammates when required i feel we have been bullied far to much this season. Right in front of me v Middlesborough player took out Roberts i think then not long after James and Celina. MVDH took his time going to the ref i think Grimes was having to spell it out, the point im making is they knew they could bully us and we were not streetwise enough to stop it.

Anyway thanks for the info i will have to watch more of the 23's next year but struggle due to work im hoping to finish of a bottle of night-nurse and make the game tomorrow as the Middlesbrough game convinces me we have a serious chance next year of having a tilt.
Ryan Woods or Matt Grimes? on 20:04 - Apr 18 with 933 viewsjasper_T

Ryan Woods or Matt Grimes? on 19:48 - Apr 18 by krunchykarrot

Just watched GP interview not sure he will play Benda with our defensive capabilities. Jasper every team needs a hardman i dont necessary mean a thug. Someone like Robbie James or Ferre Bodde who could play and also look after teammates when required i feel we have been bullied far to much this season. Right in front of me v Middlesborough player took out Roberts i think then not long after James and Celina. MVDH took his time going to the ref i think Grimes was having to spell it out, the point im making is they knew they could bully us and we were not streetwise enough to stop it.

Anyway thanks for the info i will have to watch more of the 23's next year but struggle due to work im hoping to finish of a bottle of night-nurse and make the game tomorrow as the Middlesbrough game convinces me we have a serious chance next year of having a tilt.

Speak to fans of some other clubs and they'll say we've got a bunch of divers and get too many decisions go our way. When refs do their jobs properly we get penalties and players sent off for hacking down our stars. Not a given at this level but it's a problem with the EFL not our players.

DJ wins 2.7 fouls per game, which is joint third highest in the league with Harry WIlson. Only John McGinn (2.8) and Jack Grealish (4.8!) win more free kicks and penalties.

We hammered Boro btw.
Ryan Woods or Matt Grimes? on 01:06 - Apr 19 with 865 viewsDJack

Ryan Woods or Matt Grimes? on 13:35 - Apr 18 by jasper_T

Goalscoring box to box player, like Fer was supposed to be. Someone to run about and thug it up rather than a more disciplined holding midfield role. Over 6'2 preferably. If you want a captain to lead by example you want them active in attack and defence.

I've been a big fan of Byers for years but he's the player in the starting lineup you'd think could be improved upon the easiest as a regular starter.

I like Byers but I'm concerned by his lack of a "footballing brain"...Either that or it is a lack of mental alacrity, by the time he has noticed the best option it has been closed off.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Ryan Woods or Matt Grimes? on 13:22 - Apr 19 with 802 viewskrunchykarrot

Ryan Woods or Matt Grimes? on 20:04 - Apr 18 by jasper_T

Speak to fans of some other clubs and they'll say we've got a bunch of divers and get too many decisions go our way. When refs do their jobs properly we get penalties and players sent off for hacking down our stars. Not a given at this level but it's a problem with the EFL not our players.

DJ wins 2.7 fouls per game, which is joint third highest in the league with Harry WIlson. Only John McGinn (2.8) and Jack Grealish (4.8!) win more free kicks and penalties.

We hammered Boro btw.

Speak to fans at our club, they reckon DJ is better than Sterling?Celina is to flash and lightweight etc etc. Of all the things ,im surprised at this season is the Reffing standard i have to agree with Mrs Warnock.

Anyway enjoy the game today, they will try and bully us im sure big team if i recall so it should be entertaining watching them wilt, nightnurse isnt what it used to be either so i will miss today.
Ryan Woods or Matt Grimes? on 13:30 - Apr 19 with 795 viewskrunchykarrot

Ryan Woods or Matt Grimes? on 01:06 - Apr 19 by DJack

I like Byers but I'm concerned by his lack of a "footballing brain"...Either that or it is a lack of mental alacrity, by the time he has noticed the best option it has been closed off.

That is lack of experience, i have said before this boy can hold is own in our midfield and has done exceptionally well and will get better.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024