Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Notre Dame 18:46 - Apr 15 with 19821 viewslondonlisa2001

Dreadful pictures emerging of what looks like a devastating fire at Notre Dame in Paris.

An awe inspiring cathedral. Hopefully it can be saved and the damage repaired.

It’s absolutely gut wrenching to see such beauty being destroyed.
Notre Dame on 22:30 - Apr 15 with 2110 viewsmonmouth

Been there so many times. Sorry, but, for me, it just can't be the same again, and I don't find York Minster the same either. The reason is, it is me that has changed because of the event too, or rather my relationship with my memories of these incredible buildings, no matter how well they are reproduced.

Then again, I still haven't come to terms with the Duke being demolished in Wind St neither. No, this is no time for flippancy, I am saddened by this.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Notre Dame on 22:39 - Apr 15 with 2086 viewstaffpop

Notre Dame on 19:00 - Apr 15 by Darran

It’ll be restored to better than what it was before.
No biggie.

When you wake up tomorrow, you should take a good look in the mirror. The thing you joke about makes you into a joke.
Proper.
You probably only care about crisps and soap operas but sort your head out son.
One of the most iconic historic sites in our lives has just gone forever and you think it's nothing.
Shame
Notre Dame on 22:42 - Apr 15 with 2074 viewsDarran

Notre Dame on 22:39 - Apr 15 by taffpop

When you wake up tomorrow, you should take a good look in the mirror. The thing you joke about makes you into a joke.
Proper.
You probably only care about crisps and soap operas but sort your head out son.
One of the most iconic historic sites in our lives has just gone forever and you think it's nothing.
Shame

When you’re watching the opening ceremony on Sky News after restoration in a few years think of me.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Notre Dame on 22:43 - Apr 15 with 2073 viewsEbo

Notre Dame on 22:23 - Apr 15 by bluey_the_blue

Would I Ebo?

I think it's sad a seeming accident has occured. I'm glad there are no reported fatalities and hopefully not too many injuries.

Your desire to throw "Jew" around at every opportunity is of course amusing to me.

EDIT:

Of course, you might want to look at the comments by Corbyn's Seder buddies Jewdas before commenting further.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2019 22:24]

3..2..1.. and he brings the C word in right on cue. Have you got your own board to f uck off to?

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Notre Dame on 22:58 - Apr 15 with 2038 viewstaffpop

Notre Dame on 22:42 - Apr 15 by Darran

When you’re watching the opening ceremony on Sky News after restoration in a few years think of me.

the naivety of your assumptions around sky news and reliance on some magical third party to fix it all up like new reassures me. I feel better now. I thought you were sentient and that wound me up.
Sorry kiddo, here's two tubs of sticky sticky now f&£! Off👍
Notre Dame on 23:06 - Apr 15 with 2013 viewsLord_Bony

When you think about it it would be a bit like losing the Mona Lisa from the Louvre

Sure you could get a perfect copy done from China and shipped over quickly and it would look pretty much the same but we would all know it's not the same
The genius of Leonardo da Vinci's work would be gone forever
A great loss for future generations.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Notre Dame on 23:16 - Apr 15 with 1988 viewsDarran

Quasimodo walked into a bar earlier on tonight

QM “Whiskey Please Barman”
BM “Bells ok?”
QM “What do you bloody think?

Notre Dame on 23:25 - Apr 15 with 1968 viewsHighjack

Notre Dame on 23:06 - Apr 15 by Lord_Bony

When you think about it it would be a bit like losing the Mona Lisa from the Louvre

Sure you could get a perfect copy done from China and shipped over quickly and it would look pretty much the same but we would all know it's not the same
The genius of Leonardo da Vinci's work would be gone forever
A great loss for future generations.

We’ve got the original moaning Lisa on here

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Notre Dame on 23:30 - Apr 15 with 1957 viewsBanosswan

Notre Dame on 22:43 - Apr 15 by Ebo

3..2..1.. and he brings the C word in right on cue. Have you got your own board to f uck off to?

The C word? Corbyn is not worthy of an association.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Notre Dame on 00:07 - Apr 16 with 1929 viewstheloneranger

Notre Dame on 20:51 - Apr 15 by Darran

Are you really saying that Notre Dame is more famous to the population of the world than the Eiffel Tower?

Leave it there ffs.

Well ... Nobody ever made a film called ...

"The Hunchback of the Eiffel Tower"

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Notre Dame on 00:16 - Apr 16 with 1917 viewsDarran

Notre Dame on 00:32 - Apr 16 with 1904 viewsHighjack

Notre Dame on 00:16 - Apr 16 by Darran

I’m fairly certain everyone shared heartbreak for grenfell. Bugger off Jenn and take your half arsed attempt at social media virtue points elsewhere.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Notre Dame on 07:01 - Apr 16 with 1812 viewsLohengrin

Notre Dame on 19:35 - Apr 15 by londonlisa2001

The two main rose windows are 13th century.

It’s a stunning cathedral. Just beautiful. So much history lost so quickly.

I’ve only just got in, love. My eldest was messaging me in work last night letting me know what was happening. I’m absolutely crestfallen. So is she. Our shared Francophilia is one of the things that connects us. I can remember taking her there as a little girl and the two of us just being in awe. The immense privilege of standing in one of the ancient bastions of Christendom, of feeling a part of history’s great processio,of belonging.

The footage on the news I’m seeing now is just too sad for words.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Notre Dame on 07:18 - Apr 16 with 1775 viewslifelong

Notre Dame on 19:30 - Apr 15 by Darran

It’s probably an insurance job anyway.

Perhaps they’ve only got third party.
Notre Dame on 07:39 - Apr 16 with 1744 viewsdickythorpe

Notre Dame on 00:16 - Apr 16 by Darran

DIY S0S did a community centre and boxing gym at Grenfell.
Macron has already said they're going to rebuild Notre Dame.
Notre Dame on 08:32 - Apr 16 with 1712 viewsMrSwerve

Notre Dame on 22:30 - Apr 15 by monmouth

Been there so many times. Sorry, but, for me, it just can't be the same again, and I don't find York Minster the same either. The reason is, it is me that has changed because of the event too, or rather my relationship with my memories of these incredible buildings, no matter how well they are reproduced.

Then again, I still haven't come to terms with the Duke being demolished in Wind St neither. No, this is no time for flippancy, I am saddened by this.

Indeed. Hideous thread.

It is possible to ‘mourn’ the loss of art, culture and history without there being any human fatalities. Will I cry...no, I wasn’t that close to the building but many people were. Lucky to have been inside there a few times. There is a lot of faux grief in the World but France really does deserve our sympathy on this. I’d feel the same if the Houses of Parliament burned down, or similar.

The comparison to Grenfell is ridiculous. It was a human tragedy and on another level to this. There was a hell of a lot of mourning and sympathy (rightly so), and it was on the news for months and still features now and again.

Such a shame.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2019 17:11]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Notre Dame on 08:40 - Apr 16 with 1702 viewsHighjack

Notre Dame on 07:39 - Apr 16 by dickythorpe

DIY S0S did a community centre and boxing gym at Grenfell.
Macron has already said they're going to rebuild Notre Dame.

Just a quick flick through her twitter shows everything that’s wrong with the world.

“Politics & Sociology student. Intersectional feminist, lefty twt , book geek, wannabe writer. Scot living and drinking in London. LGBTQ+ rights. She/her 💁🏻‍♀️“

She needs to be ‘intersectioned’

Notre Dame on 09:35 - Apr 16 with 1637 viewsEbo

Notre Dame on 22:23 - Apr 15 by bluey_the_blue

Would I Ebo?

I think it's sad a seeming accident has occured. I'm glad there are no reported fatalities and hopefully not too many injuries.

Your desire to throw "Jew" around at every opportunity is of course amusing to me.

EDIT:

Of course, you might want to look at the comments by Corbyn's Seder buddies Jewdas before commenting further.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2019 22:24]

I do apologize, the word I should have used was Zionist.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Notre Dame on 09:47 - Apr 16 with 1623 viewsdickythorpe

Notre Dame on 08:40 - Apr 16 by Highjack

Just a quick flick through her twitter shows everything that’s wrong with the world.

“Politics & Sociology student. Intersectional feminist, lefty twt , book geek, wannabe writer. Scot living and drinking in London. LGBTQ+ rights. She/her 💁🏻‍♀️“

She needs to be ‘intersectioned’

Just trying to be popular she is whilst adopting a huge "look at me" personna.
Notre Dame on 11:14 - Apr 16 with 1557 viewsHighjack

Notre Dame on 09:47 - Apr 16 by dickythorpe

Just trying to be popular she is whilst adopting a huge "look at me" personna.

Why is everyone a bloody sociology student these days? Don’t they do proper degrees any more?

Notre Dame on 11:22 - Apr 16 with 1541 viewslifelong

Just saying on the news that this building has been restored and rebuilt many times in the past, it was already subject to a multi million restoration project because it was in such a poor state.
Notre Dame on 11:35 - Apr 16 with 1522 viewswaynekerr55

Notre Dame on 22:10 - Apr 15 by Ebo

And you're supposed to be a jew. FFS

Is he a bad jew?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Notre Dame on 11:36 - Apr 16 with 1518 viewsDarran

Notre Dame on 11:22 - Apr 16 by lifelong

Just saying on the news that this building has been restored and rebuilt many times in the past, it was already subject to a multi million restoration project because it was in such a poor state.

It’s like Triggers broom but don’t tell Lisa.

Notre Dame on 11:39 - Apr 16 with 1515 viewslifelong

Notre Dame on 11:36 - Apr 16 by Darran

It’s like Triggers broom but don’t tell Lisa.

All the outpouring of grief on here saying that the building will never be the same again, it appears that it already wasn’t the same before the fire.
Notre Dame on 11:40 - Apr 16 with 1515 viewswaynekerr55

Notre Dame on 09:35 - Apr 16 by Ebo

I do apologize, the word I should have used was Zionist.

Oy vey!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024