Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As I said the rich and famous will help 09:49 - Apr 16 with 1039 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/notre-dame-fire-live-paris-14338177

As I said the rich and famous will help on 09:53 - Apr 16 with 1026 viewsDarran

Don’t bother Dick,Lisa and Bony aren’t worth it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6926083/French-billionaire-pledges-100-

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

As I said the rich and famous will help on 10:19 - Apr 16 with 981 viewsWingstandwood

Something has got me intriqued i.e. why was it that a building that was meant to have had so much heritage, cultural and historical importance allowed to have been destroyed like that? Talk about lack of competence.

I mean? Old builds/designs are known to be extremely combustible given the building materials of the day and age used.

A few night watchman on duty, an early warning smoke detection system, sprinklers and equipment to extinguish a blaze would have nipped it in the bud surely? This (I'm not one) will be a conspiracy theorists wet dream. It's not as if a few first-responding night watchman would have dented the annual expenditure of France.

Argus!

As I said the rich and famous will help on 10:31 - Apr 16 with 957 viewsThrasher6

This above. How many times do important buildings catch fire when they are under maintenance/restoration. It's not rocket science...but once again incompetence/stupidity or a mixture of both causes these 'accidents'
[Post edited 16 Apr 2019 10:32]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

As I said the rich and famous will help on 10:38 - Apr 16 with 942 viewsBatterseajack

As I said the rich and famous will help on 10:19 - Apr 16 by Wingstandwood

Something has got me intriqued i.e. why was it that a building that was meant to have had so much heritage, cultural and historical importance allowed to have been destroyed like that? Talk about lack of competence.

I mean? Old builds/designs are known to be extremely combustible given the building materials of the day and age used.

A few night watchman on duty, an early warning smoke detection system, sprinklers and equipment to extinguish a blaze would have nipped it in the bud surely? This (I'm not one) will be a conspiracy theorists wet dream. It's not as if a few first-responding night watchman would have dented the annual expenditure of France.

It was started during the day. Far too early to know the exact cause but it could have be started by one of the contractors carrying out restoration works.

I'm also not sure that having sprinkler pipework and heads everywhere would be in keeping with medieval vibes in there, and water would damage all the old stuff in there before anyone had a chance to get it out.

Then a gas fire suppression system wouldn't be wise either given the volume of the building along with a fact it could be full of people when it goes off.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2019 10:49]
As I said the rich and famous will help on 10:52 - Apr 16 with 911 viewsGixerJack

As I said the rich and famous will help on 10:31 - Apr 16 by Thrasher6

This above. How many times do important buildings catch fire when they are under maintenance/restoration. It's not rocket science...but once again incompetence/stupidity or a mixture of both causes these 'accidents'

Fair play to the guy that built the scaffold mind
As I said the rich and famous will help on 11:35 - Apr 16 with 876 viewsWingstandwood

As I said the rich and famous will help on 10:31 - Apr 16 by Thrasher6

I've worked at height in many a fire -risk environment due to falling welding rod spatter, falling welding slag, molten steel from oxy-propane cutting, cutting disk sparks and falling white hot (post-cut) bolts/affixing(s).

There was always a spotter on hand stationed at the required height level (usually lower) on permanent 'fire-watch' armed with a fire extinguisher.

I saw numerous incidents prevented by earlier detection and I can't but help get the impression that someone at hand could have saved the day here. I've also worked in situations where sheeting has been used to protect a building also.

I wonder if a fire retardant sheeting canopy comparable to a safety net could have been used here? It'll be interesting to see a post-event layout map of where the fire actually started.

Argus!

As I said the rich and famous will help on 12:44 - Apr 16 with 817 viewsdickythorpe

On Radio Wales I heard that there was no electricity near the roof as it's made out of oak that is centuries old. As the oak is so dry you'd think there would be extreme care executed in this renovation
Something has happened that shouldn't.
As I said the rich and famous will help on 14:50 - Apr 16 with 749 viewsLohengrin

As I said the rich and famous will help on 09:53 - Apr 16 by Darran

Don’t bother Dick,Lisa and Bony aren’t worth it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6926083/French-billionaire-pledges-100-

I’m no billionaire but I’ve just donated a couple of hundred, Daz.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024