Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AJ - Miller possibly off 16:30 - Apr 17 with 986 viewsbluey_the_blue

Due to Miller testing positive for a banned PED.

Not sure PED is a synonym for Big Mac personally, but fight may be off as a result.

Wonder who would step in?
AJ - Miller possibly off on 16:46 - Apr 17 with 966 viewsWingstandwood

The performance enhancing drug culture is rife, it's because of all the temptation and the "too much to lose mindset" i.e. mega money and sponsorship deals involved in certain sports... The fact availability is so much easier adds to the problem also.

I wish the clock could be turned back to an era when stuff like HgH, steroids, IGF. HBOCs etc didn't exist. There are so many sports that I can no longer watch. It's not a level playing field anymore. Never watch the Olympics anymore. You just cannot tell who is the 'true' champion anymore.

They might as well have an end of event race where the suppliers/pharmacists run against each like kids parents do at a school sports day.

Argus!

AJ - Miller possibly off on 16:49 - Apr 17 with 960 viewsbluey_the_blue

There's an argument for separate events for those wanting to use PEDs.

It's ironic Miller accused AJ of using PEDs though, think he was relying on public thinking that because Miller's not ripped, he's clean.
AJ - Miller possibly off on 19:21 - Apr 17 with 897 viewstheloneranger

This is not the first time Miller's been caught out, he was suspended for nine months and fined $2500 in 2014 when he tested positive for the substance dimethylamylamine.

There's rumour in the US of Ortiz being a replacement??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

AJ - Miller possibly off on 19:31 - Apr 17 with 886 viewsWarwickHunt

AJ - Miller possibly off on 19:21 - Apr 17 by theloneranger

This is not the first time Miller's been caught out, he was suspended for nine months and fined $2500 in 2014 when he tested positive for the substance dimethylamylamine.

There's rumour in the US of Ortiz being a replacement??

Miller Lite?

*gets coat*
AJ - Miller possibly off on 19:35 - Apr 17 with 878 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

Who's AJ Millar? Is a 'ped a moped?
AJ - Miller possibly off on 20:56 - Apr 17 with 834 viewsbiggar

Am a huge boxing fan myself but do people really believe that the elite fighters are totally clean in the main?
AJ - Miller possibly off on 20:58 - Apr 17 with 833 viewsbluey_the_blue

Why not? A lot of it is genetics after all.
AJ - Miller possibly off on 21:04 - Apr 17 with 826 viewsbiggar

Possibly but I can't see it myself. Do love the sport though. This is the last thing Joshua needs. Would rather Ortiz than Parker. Just wish Ortiz was younger and had had more discipline.
Login to get fewer ads

AJ - Miller possibly off on 21:15 - Apr 17 with 810 viewsbluey_the_blue

Initially having seen some of his fight pre-Joshua, I was pretty down on Parker.

After that fight, I think he has something. Maybe not elite hall of fame quality, but he moves well, has a solid chin which will always take you far. What he does need is a change of trainer, I think who he's with have taken him so far and no further.

At worst, he's a gatekeeper fighter, one you need to get past to get the title shots. At best, he could contend and maybe win against the best.
AJ - Miller possibly off on 21:18 - Apr 17 with 809 viewsWingstandwood

AJ - Miller possibly off on 20:56 - Apr 17 by biggar

Am a huge boxing fan myself but do people really believe that the elite fighters are totally clean in the main?

When I get really suspicious is when a fighter jumps a weight class or two, or three gaining a lot of muscle-weight in the process.

Normal drug free (forced rep/training to failure) weight training would totally hamper a boxers training regime. A case of all the major muscle groups being too exhausted, requiring a state of recovery, repair and vital need for rest. You could only do one or the other drug free. Too much of a lactic acid build up, too much vital energy expelled, only so much a normal body can give and take.

The one that always struck me was Evander Holyfield his physique/physical progression was awesome, his trap and neck development was impressive, he surpassed many a competitive bodybuilder in those departments.

Argus!

AJ - Miller possibly off on 21:23 - Apr 17 with 802 viewsbluey_the_blue

Holyfield was plausible though, he was always a cruiser fighting at heavyweight.
AJ - Miller possibly off on 21:25 - Apr 17 with 801 viewsbiggar

Yep! Huge holyfield fan but his physical development at heavyweight was a little too hard to believe. One very tough man though.
Have suspicions about a lot of others but won't go on about that now!
Did you watch Lomachenko on the weekend? Incredible talent. Possibly the best footwork I've seen.
AJ - Miller possibly off on 21:27 - Apr 17 with 797 viewsbiggar

AJ - Miller possibly off on 21:15 - Apr 17 by bluey_the_blue

Initially having seen some of his fight pre-Joshua, I was pretty down on Parker.

After that fight, I think he has something. Maybe not elite hall of fame quality, but he moves well, has a solid chin which will always take you far. What he does need is a change of trainer, I think who he's with have taken him so far and no further.

At worst, he's a gatekeeper fighter, one you need to get past to get the title shots. At best, he could contend and maybe win against the best.

Parker definitely no mug. Always feel as though has another gear but doesn't appear to show it! Change of trainer might well work!
AJ - Miller possibly off on 21:29 - Apr 17 with 793 viewsbluey_the_blue

AJ - Miller possibly off on 21:27 - Apr 17 by biggar

Parker definitely no mug. Always feel as though has another gear but doesn't appear to show it! Change of trainer might well work!

It's as if, against AJ, he was fighting scared. Didn't want to open up too much to expose himself. It's difficult to assess where he really is in terms of power because he's overwhelmingly fought well bums. For years his biggest opponent had been 42 yr old Botha.

He's young enough to progress and have a decent future.
AJ - Miller possibly off on 21:38 - Apr 17 with 784 viewsWingstandwood

AJ - Miller possibly off on 21:25 - Apr 17 by biggar

Yep! Huge holyfield fan but his physical development at heavyweight was a little too hard to believe. One very tough man though.
Have suspicions about a lot of others but won't go on about that now!
Did you watch Lomachenko on the weekend? Incredible talent. Possibly the best footwork I've seen.

I'm a huge fan of Holyfield also, his bravery, toughness and ability to entertain was supreme. His neck? Roughly same measurement as Tyson but IMO definitely more the result of intensive work than genetics, the way his neck tapered down. I used to do neck bridges myself and although my neck became thicker I never acquired that distinctive Holyfield taper or Trapezius development, all that also made me more quizzical about whether Holyfield was using alternative training 'supplements'.

I did not watch the Lomachenko fight, I'll go and try to find it since you mentioned.

Argus!

AJ - Miller possibly off on 21:39 - Apr 17 with 783 viewsbiggar

AJ - Miller possibly off on 21:29 - Apr 17 by bluey_the_blue

It's as if, against AJ, he was fighting scared. Didn't want to open up too much to expose himself. It's difficult to assess where he really is in terms of power because he's overwhelmingly fought well bums. For years his biggest opponent had been 42 yr old Botha.

He's young enough to progress and have a decent future.

Definitely. Got a good chin too which helps.
AJ - Miller possibly off on 22:48 - Apr 17 with 723 viewstheloneranger

Michael Hunter Jnr has now become leading contender to replace Miller.

Only last week, Matchroom Boxing announced the signing of Hunter to a promotional contract. 😎

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

AJ - Miller possibly off on 07:15 - Apr 18 with 653 viewsWarwickHunt

AJ - Miller possibly off on 22:48 - Apr 17 by theloneranger

Only last week, Matchroom Boxing announced the signing of Hunter to a promotional contract. 😎

Matchroom would have signed Hunter Snr. but he was at the post office collecting his pension.
AJ - Miller possibly off on 09:12 - Apr 18 with 608 viewsbluey_the_blue

AJ - Miller possibly off on 22:48 - Apr 17 by theloneranger

Don't know too much about Hunter but a mate said he gave Usyk a decent fight?

If so, wouldn't be too bad a fight for Joshua, fighting someone with experience of Usyk. Could well set up that fight in the future.
AJ - Miller possibly off on 11:09 - Apr 18 with 571 viewsjackrmee

AJ - Miller possibly off on 20:56 - Apr 17 by biggar

Very few of them are clean. Same with MMA, rugger, athletics, etc etc.
PEDs are way ahead of testing and the money involved is forcing players to push themselves and their morals.

In terms of the boxing. It's shit. Fuking fight eachother you w@nkers.
Fury, Wilder, AJ all fighting punks when they should be fighting eachother. Doesn't happen in the uFC. The best fight the best. Boxing has gone to the dogs.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024