Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
City deal 17:28 - Apr 17 with 2472 viewsJonathans_coat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47962124

All falling apart it seems. Sadly predictable. A real opportunity for real change and improvement in the Swansea area pi**ed away!
City deal on 17:37 - Apr 17 with 2449 viewsvalleyboy

What did you expect

And this time you can’t blame Cardiff for this mess

You knew this would happen. As look of how many times that schemes have been put forward to improve the City Centre. Then to fall by the waysides

Just imagine if Debenhams closes, which is more than likely

Swansea will be just a ghost town
City deal on 17:38 - Apr 17 with 2448 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It is a shame that a number of truly baffling projects were included in the deal which Swansea does not need and which taints the project's image.

Does Swansea need a 3,500 seat arena? Of course it doesn't. Why even bother including that? That is somebody's vanity project. Who is going to subsidise keeping that open and incur the inevitable losses?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

City deal on 17:56 - Apr 17 with 2411 viewsvalleyboy

City deal on 17:38 - Apr 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It is a shame that a number of truly baffling projects were included in the deal which Swansea does not need and which taints the project's image.

Does Swansea need a 3,500 seat arena? Of course it doesn't. Why even bother including that? That is somebody's vanity project. Who is going to subsidise keeping that open and incur the inevitable losses?

Gone completely off the track of what Sir Terry Mathews suggested to be the way forward

As you said who in their right mind would build a 3500 seat arena in a low catchment area
City deal on 18:01 - Apr 17 with 2407 viewsWingstandwood

Swansea is well known to many as "a city of artists impressions".

I've lost count of all the architects drawings and 3D presentations i've seen in the SWEP over the years. They never come to fruition.

It's donkey-vote central whereupon politicians either do not care about SW Wales because its a Labour heartland or because the Labour Party itself seems to be pursuing a "keep em poor. keep em voting Labour strategy". FFS ITV Wales current affairs reported that we have a transport system that belongs to the 1960's! What a shameful damning fact.

If SW Wales was more of a marginal seat contested region there would be a far greater likelihood of change. It's incompetence, managed decline and blatant neglect! Unsophisticated voter choice and tribalism has shown obvious repercussions.

Argus!

City deal on 18:05 - Apr 17 with 2393 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

City deal on 18:01 - Apr 17 by Wingstandwood

I've lost count of all the architects drawings and 3D presentations i've seen in the SWEP over the years. They never come to fruition.

It's donkey-vote central whereupon politicians either do not care about SW Wales because its a Labour heartland or because the Labour Party itself seems to be pursuing a "keep em poor. keep em voting Labour strategy". FFS ITV Wales current affairs reported that we have a transport system that belongs to the 1960's! What a shameful damning fact.

If SW Wales was more of a marginal seat contested region there would be a far greater likelihood of change. It's incompetence, managed decline and blatant neglect! Unsophisticated voter choice and tribalism has shown obvious repercussions.

Maybe they could build Cardiff far enough west and we could merge into one

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

City deal on 18:12 - Apr 17 with 2372 viewsvalleyboy

City deal on 18:01 - Apr 17 by Wingstandwood

I think you have summed up Swansea perfectly

Swansea is no different to other towns in Wales. In that because their grandparents and great grandparents voted Labour they think they must as well

As you said that if Swansea was a marginal seat

What a difference that would be

Labour in the Assembly is only hanging on to power on a thread

Only then will Swansea see a difference
City deal on 18:16 - Apr 17 with 2362 viewsWingstandwood

City deal on 18:05 - Apr 17 by oh_tommy_tommy

Maybe they could build Cardiff far enough west and we could merge into one

I'll tell you what the way things are going down here, Swansea City centre will be a preferred movie/TV locational setting choice for 1970's remakes. If I was a director I would not overlook the city for any future remake of The Sweeney, a case of start at High Street station and I'd make my way up from there.

It's potential for a 1970's setting post apocalyptic zombie movie has not gone unnoticed either. We didn't need the Luftwaffe i.e. repeated Westminster Government(s) and West Assembly lunacy has done the trick.

Argus!

City deal on 18:27 - Apr 17 with 2339 viewsmajorraglan

Was talking to a couple from Newport who have a son in Swansea University over the weekend. They were saying the son really likes the Uni and the Bay Area; he is due to undergo a placement in industry next year and they asked him if was going to stay in Swansea to do it. He’s decided against it on account of the traffic, he reckons it takes an hour in the morning to go between the 2 campuses on account of the traffic and lights etc. That’s what the council need to be looking at working on.
Login to get fewer ads

City deal on 18:35 - Apr 17 with 2315 viewsvalleyboy

City deal on 18:27 - Apr 17 by majorraglan

Was talking to a couple from Newport who have a son in Swansea University over the weekend. They were saying the son really likes the Uni and the Bay Area; he is due to undergo a placement in industry next year and they asked him if was going to stay in Swansea to do it. He’s decided against it on account of the traffic, he reckons it takes an hour in the morning to go between the 2 campuses on account of the traffic and lights etc. That’s what the council need to be looking at working on.

What decent industry is left there in Swansea???

The boy that is doing a placement degree must be reading something like Accountancy or something similar

As I don’t know of anyone reading Engineering or similar going on a placement
City deal on 18:48 - Apr 17 with 2288 viewsLeonWasGod

City deal on 18:35 - Apr 17 by valleyboy

What decent industry is left there in Swansea???

The boy that is doing a placement degree must be reading something like Accountancy or something similar

As I don’t know of anyone reading Engineering or similar going on a placement

They do. There’s a lot of niche stuff around here still. A lot of courses in the Uni run the Year in Industry option; doesn’t have to be done locally of course. Projects at the uni lose young researchers (MSc and above) to local industries. Don’t know the numbers, but it’s happened on several projects I know about.
City deal on 19:34 - Apr 17 with 2238 viewsvalleyboy

City deal on 18:48 - Apr 17 by LeonWasGod

They do. There’s a lot of niche stuff around here still. A lot of courses in the Uni run the Year in Industry option; doesn’t have to be done locally of course. Projects at the uni lose young researchers (MSc and above) to local industries. Don’t know the numbers, but it’s happened on several projects I know about.

You have said it in one word

Niche

Employing just a few

Where is the industry in Swansea employing 500 or more people, that are educated/well trained with well paid jobs

Swansea these days seem to be the capital of call centres what I can see
City deal on 20:01 - Apr 18 with 1955 viewsPentyrchJack

Sorting out the M4 between Margam and Ynystawe would be money better spent to keep the wheels of industry moving compared to those ridiculous life science projects.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

City deal on 20:17 - Apr 18 with 1934 viewsScotia

City deal on 20:01 - Apr 18 by PentyrchJack

Sorting out the M4 between Margam and Ynystawe would be money better spent to keep the wheels of industry moving compared to those ridiculous life science projects.

Part of the problem with Swansea is the ludicrous schemes the councillors have spent money on. Instead of concentrating on priorities.

The city deal may deliver a small arena that we shouldn't need. And that's about it.

Rob Stewart is still trying to get the lagoon back on the table even though he's been told it's a no go. The Kiwis hoping to build the kilvey cable car have buggered off because the weather is rubbish.

Swansea will have a one way kingsway an empty "digital village" and an arena with no acts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024